New Board Features Discussion

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, *Laci said:

I think we can all agree this emoji  :wtf:carrying over to upgrade was the best thing that could ever happen. 😘 Seriously, it looks great! It will just take me a while to get used to. /random but can we change the layout colors like in the old version? @istersay, you should start a mega (pinned) topic with all the new shortcuts/codes. :ph34rwave:

I forgot that was a thing! Of all the things we lost, why couldn't that have been one of them? 😭

8 hours ago, *Laci said:

Also, are donations still needed? 

The upgrade fee was almost double what we expected and we'll need to make future adjustments to help reduce hosting costs long term. Donations aren't necessary however they do definitely help. We're hoping once we get the ads back up that the site will become self sustaining.

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

The upgrade fee was almost double what we expected and we'll need to make future adjustments to help reduce hosting costs long term. Donations aren't necessary however they do definitely help. We're hoping once we get the ads back up that the site will become self sustaining.

Thank you so much for everything you do, Tom. We really do appreciate it. 

13 hours ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed but our posts are all formatted differently now. Pressing enter makes everything double spaced. If you want them to be line by line, press SHIFT+ENTER whenever you want to get to the next line and it'll fix it.

Thank you for this. I noticed the large spacing in some posts, so glad this is an easy solution! Just got to get in the habit of pressing SHIFT.  :haha:

14 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Thank you for this. I noticed the large spacing in some posts, so glad this is an easy solution! Just got to get in the habit of pressing SHIFT.  :haha:

I have to figure out how to do it on an iPhone. :dead:

Just now, istersay said:

maybe it's a setting Tom can set for single spacing

I figured it out! If you hit the shift button to make your letters capitalized and then hit enter, it works the same as pressing them simultaneously on a computer keyboard.

11 minutes ago, istersay said:

maybe it's a setting @Tom can set for single spacing

Unfortunately it's not a setting. This is apparently the new norm for text editors. There are ways around it but I don't think messing with the code is in our best interest at the current time. We can take another look at it in the future if people can't get on board with the way it is.

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Unfortunately it's not a setting. This is apparently the new norm for text editors. There are ways around it but I don't think messing with the code is in our best interest at the current time. We can take another look at it in the future if people can't get on board with the way it is.

okay, it's not a big deal for me really, I've been using shift-enter to get single space

8 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I think we'll get used to it after a couple of days. I'm slowly learning how to use the forum on my phone. :haha:

On the plus side we finally have a mobile friendly site. Back when we first launched the site none of our traffic was from mobile. To still be forcing people to use a desktop site on their phones in 2020 was really bad. 

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

So apparently it actually was a setting and I've fixed it to go to the next line (versus new paragraph).

scared homer simpson GIF

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

So apparently it actually was a setting and I've fixed it to go to the next line (versus new paragraph).

scared homer simpson GIF

Is there a setting for signatures to display on mobile browsers? It’s not a big deal but it’s throwing me off not seeing any of them since that’s how I recognize the users. :rofl:

23 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

Is there a setting for signatures to display on mobile browsers? It’s not a big deal but it’s throwing me off not seeing any of them since that’s how I recognize the users. :rofl:

There is a setting, but on a forum likes ours which has graphics heavy signatures, it'll add a lot of scrolling when viewing threads. I'm hesitant to turn it on but if that's what everyone wants, we can give it a try.