How to embed youtube

Rate this topic

just post the URL of the Youtube and it will embed, 

or post the letters/numbers after the equal sign = in the url, NO TAGS NEEDED, and voila the video should pop in, works either way

example

text below, then vid

c0350tpXN-Q

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CGlaserFan said:

If you just copy the url and post it that works. Way easier than before at least.

oh I tried that and it didn't work, i'll try again lol

edit: thanks that works now, i edited the OP:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Is there any way to embed the video so it isn't so large on the screen? I'm editing a fan thread, and multiple videos is going to make for a very big post.

I think it gives you the option to resize it (the arrows in the top left corner). It also gives you the option to display it as a link instead. I think it's something that's gonna take everyone a couple of days to figure out.

7 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I think it gives you the option to resize it (the arrows in the top left corner). It also gives you the option to display it as a link instead. I think it's something that's gonna take everyone a couple of days to figure out.

I've tried the arrows, but it won't let me do it. I'll try again later. Maybe someone will figure it out. I wonder if there's a setting in the software for default video size. It's way too big.

Edited by TeamAudra

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I've tried the arrows, but it won't let me do it. I'll try again later. Maybe someone will figure it out. I wonder if there's a setting in the software for default video size. It's way too big.

I haven't figured out a way to resize them by just copying the url into a thread, but if you manually embed them (clicking the < > icons above), the code you copy from YouTube lets you change the size.

2 hours ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I haven't figured out a way to resize them by just copying the url into a thread, but if you manually embed them (clicking the < > icons above), the code you copy from YouTube lets you change the size.

How do you manually embed it? I posted the link inside on the <> and it didn’t work. I’m guessing I did it wrong 

5 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

Yeah, the mobile version of the forum leaves a lot to be desired, I’ve noticed. :( It won’t even let me load the desktop version from my phone.

I think they just need a better theme. Hopefully @Tom will get one as there are a lot of free IPB themes that are great! Plus if he finds the perfect theme and it costs money, I'll donate!

6 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I don’t really mind the current theme (outside of wanting a dark theme). It’s just that most of the features in our reply box disappear on mobile.

That's usually a theme issue when they disappear on mobile. Atleast that's what it was on my forum I run.

22 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I don’t really mind the current theme (outside of wanting a dark theme). It’s just that most of the features in our reply box disappear on mobile.

The site is now responsive for the first time ever which is great but you're right, things do get scaled back when viewed on mobile devices. This is usually how it works though since less space means things have to get cut. The most popular formatting buttons are still there on the reply box and if you know the codes, you can always type the the missing ones manually.

I just made an update to the video embeds to limit them to a max width of 640 pixels. I noticed a few people mention they were too big. Let me know how you're all liking the new limit and/or if you prefer it to be even smaller.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

The site is now responsive for the first time ever which is great but you're right, things do get scaled back when viewed on mobile devices. This is usually how it works though since less space means things have to get cut. The most popular formatting buttons are still there on the reply box and if you know the codes, you can always type the the missing ones manually.

I just made an update to the video embeds to limit them to a max width of 640 pixels. I noticed a few people mention they were too big. Let me know how you're all liking the new limit and/or if you prefer it to be even smaller.

Thanks! That's much better. Honestly, even smaller might be better for fan page OPs with lots of videos. I can't figure out how to center the video, though. It defaults to left justified, but that's not really a deal breaker.

Edited by TeamAudra

8 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Thanks Tom! I'm not sure what the majority will prefer, but I was using the embedded code to posts videos with a 480 pixel width, which I thought looked pretty good. ^_^

FWIW, that video in your post is too wide to display on my phone. About 1/3 of the right side is cut off.