Off Topic

buttons66

NERW Update: iHeart “Dislocations” Hit Home

You’ve seen the national news by now – around the country, iHeart is reorganizing its local operations to make itself more of a nationally-programmed broadcaster, eliminating many of its remaining local broadcasters and building a smaller number of super-regional hubs that will originate voicetracks, music scheduling, traffic, billing and a lot of the other functions that once had to be handled in each local market....READ FULL article below

https://www.fybush.com/nerw-update-20200114...ibs5jEgIkayg9fI

IPB Image

=============================

Mike Wheless @WQDR

@mikewheless

·

Such a sad week for radio.

=================================

GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- A longtime West Michigan radio personality has been released from B-93 in a national shakeup at the station’s parent company.

Dave Conrad worked more than 27 years at the station. He was told Tuesday, Jan. 14 that he was being released.

FULL STORY......

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/202...tructuring.html

================================

Edited by buttons66

If I am interpreting this correctly, it appears that more and more stations will not be doing their own formating/programming/playlists, etc. It will come from HQ.

And that probably means that requesting specific songs from iHeart stations will become more and more pointless. Sad day.

CIRCLE TV: Are any of you receiving Circle TV? (It started 1 Jan)

https://www.circleallaccess.com/

It is being broadcasted OTA in my area (Cleveland). I live in a rural area, so it's kind of hit & miss for me with an inside antenna. Spectrum carried it on one of my channels for about a week and then went back to a stupid network full of various court TV's. ARGHHH

Anyway, it is a great channel and, as you can see from the webpage, it will be getting current Grand Ol Opry starting in February & many other shows. Weekday mornings it carries WSM radio live which I find great programming as background while doing stuff around the house.

I have seen Scotty do promos for it and, while I haven't seen him on any of the shows yet, I am hopefully he will be and I hope he will let us know when he will be.

PS: I ordered a new indoor antenna, hoping it will get me better reception of this network.

Circle TV UPDATE: I just read this for 6 PM tonight:

This week, based on a true story! The unique premise behind Jake Owen’s new video “Homemade”. Then…Two times a charm! Why SCOTTY McCREERY says “This Is It” meant way more than just a second number-one single. Plus…the weekend when Napa will be known for way more than wine! And later…our “Inside the Song” series takes a deeper dive into Brett Young’s hit “Like I Loved You.”

AND PS: I just about broke my neck reaching up as high as I could on the top step in the stairway, but the reception is great right now. Looking forward to this tonight!

Edited by NanCEyeBuck

My tv is pretty old - projection-type. I have an outside antenna for it, plus it is hooked to a digital box. I finally found someone to repair a few things on it...and he allegedly reprogrammed it so that I could get a lot of over-the-air networks and via Wifi. Well, now I'm back to zero channels. He does not want to come back. Yikes. I want to see that new Opry channel so badly. Grrrr.

Circle TV UPDATE: I just read this for 6 PM tonight:

This week, based on a true story! The unique premise behind Jake Owen’s new video “Homemade”. Then…Two times a charm! Why SCOTTY McCREERY says “This Is It” meant way more than just a second number-one single. Plus…the weekend when Napa will be known for way more than wine! And later…our “Inside the Song” series takes a deeper dive into Brett Young’s hit “Like I Loved You.”

AND PS: I just about broke my neck reaching up as high as I could on the top step in the stairway, but the reception is great right now. Looking forward to this tonight!

I posted the pre recorded video for this show for folks like myself who dont have CIRCLE. ..on keeping up with Scotty thread. Its Season 1 Episode 156 from Nashville Insider..available to watch by clicking on the link . Its an interview with Scotty talking about This Is It song and video.....

I called Verizon/Fios.... after i searched and rescanned my channels for Circles to no avail....the lady had no clue what i was talking about!! :haha: :ermm: I had to find the programming online to describe to her what was offered on Circles....and thats how I found the program nancy is referring to ! So obviously Verizon is out of the loop !!

...and PS.... Please Nancy dont break your neck trying to fix antennas. :no: ..glad you got good reception now however :thumbs:

Edited by buttons66

My tv is pretty old - projection-type. I have an outside antenna for it, plus it is hooked to a digital box. I finally found someone to repair a few things on it...and he allegedly reprogrammed it so that I could get a lot of over-the-air networks and via Wifi. Well, now I'm back to zero channels. He does not want to come back. Yikes. I want to see that new Opry channel so badly. Grrrr.

Lol. I have a brand new TV and I don't get the Circle. I don't even have an antenna, just cable.

So is a new TV in your future??

If I am interpreting this correctly, it appears that more and more stations will not be doing their own formating/programming/playlists, etc. It will come from HQ.

And that probably means that requesting specific songs from iHeart stations will become more and more pointless. Sad day.

Isn't that the way Cumulus has done it for programming?

Re Circle: The link I provided for Circle TV has a link to show what towns have a Circle Network station. If you don't have one relatively nearby, you won't get it as it is geared for only OTA although cable networks MAY pick it up locally if you have local stations thru your cable.

I also only had cable but I HATE Spectrum, so I had been looking at cutting the cable. Problem is, in my rural county, the only Wi-Fi is also Spectrum, so we're stuck (county said they are working on options). So, to get OTA stations, I did purchase an indoor antenna, which I had a little trouble matching to my Samsung TV. As, unhelpful as Spectrum is, Samsung was just the opposite and patiently walked me thru to get the tv able to accept the antenna.

Hopefully, The Circle will get picked up in more cities and, at some point, they may use internet TV.

.and PS.... Please Nancy dont break your neck trying to fix antennas. :no: ..glad you got good reception now however :thumbs:

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do - :w00twave:

That's great that they posted the interview!

I wonder if Circle can join forces with RFD channel and make a decent station of it? They will carry similar programs.

Some of the repeats are the same (Hee-Haw, etc) but I'm not sure how long The Circle will be showing those once they get their new original programming in full swing. RFD Channel has its own spin-off (the Cowboy Channel) which shows rodeos, etc., which they had been working on for years. Obviously, I don't know what happens down the road but I don't see it happening anytime soon unless one or the other starts to fail

Edited by NanCEyeBuck

Some of the repeats are the same (Hee-Haw, etc) but I'm not sure how long The Circle will be showing those once they get their new original programming in full swing. RFD Channel has its own spin-off (the Cowboy Channel) which shows rodeos, etc., which they had been working on for years. Obviously, I don't know what happens down the road but I don't see it happening anytime soon unless one or the other starts to fail

Once the Circle gets running full blast I think Spectrum, etc will start carrying it. However it will be on some obscure package. To get the Science Channel I had to pick up a dozen PAC 12 Channels. Us Texans really love PAC 12 games--NOT!

Edited by tfortexas

6 hours ago, tfortexas said:

I guess this is the new look.  Single pictures post automatically.

and tweets, videos etc embed automatically also 

6 hours ago, frederick said:

The forum is so much easier now to post things. The new theme is OK, much nicer but I hope maybe we can get a different theme. IPB has incredible themes and many are free.

later on maybe there will be, IMO it's better than the one atrl got though lol

11 hours ago, frederick said:

The forum is so much easier now to post things. The new theme is OK, much nicer but I hope maybe we can get a different theme. IPB has incredible themes and many are free.

All I want a dark theme and I'll be happy. I'm tired of blinding myself when I'm looking at IDF on my phone at midnight. :rofl:

6 hours ago, frederick said:

omg you're on ATRL? I agree, I don't like the new ATRL one at all.

lol yes, I'm istersay there too

5 hours ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

All I want a dark theme and I'll be happy. I'm tired of blinding myself when I'm looking at IDF on my phone at midnight. :rofl:

I have been trying to get stylish to apply a dark theme here, I like that better at night also. so far no luck

I have tried clearing cache and cookies on 4 different browsers … I still can't get the site on google chrome or my ipad or iPhone.  I keep getting a message "too many redirects" and if I leave the site on the one browser I finally got in on I have to delete all cookies and cache and restart my computer everytime I try to get on the site.  I also deleted cookie and cache on my ipad and iPhone and when I tried to get on I got nowhere.  I would get a "cannot access server" message.  I could only get to the old site when I did a general search after clearing the device.  

Edited by Lizziemat

On 1/19/2020 at 6:15 PM, Lizziemat said:

I have tried clearing cache and cookies on 4 different browsers … I still can't get the site on google chrome or my ipad or iPhone.  I keep getting a message "too many redirects" and if I leave the site on the one browser I finally got in on I have to delete all cookies and cache and restart my computer everytime I try to get on the site.  I also deleted cookie and cache on my ipad and iPhone and when I tried to get on I got nowhere.  I would get a "cannot access server" message.  I could only get to the old site when I did a general search after clearing the device.  

I know the URL to go directly to Scotty's page is different now.

I'm on my phone with chrome and it works fine.  

Idolforums.com/forum/634-scotty-mccreery/

Edited by tfortexas

The ACM’s have dropped the New Vocal Duo or New Vocal Group categories for the 2020 award show.

The reason the awards were dropped for this year is because no artists met the eligibility requirements: eligible duos or groups must have charted a Top 40 single in the eligibility period (1/1 – 12/31) and not been nominated twice in a three year period. They also can’t be former winners or have won Entertainer or the overall Duo or Group of the Year award previously, and they can’t have released a third studio album.

Sorry I'm always coming up with long article.  This is from Rollinstone about music infringement.  It refers Pop Music but applies to all genres. 

Beyond ‘Blurred Lines’: How Forensic Musicology Is Altering Pop’s Future

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/after-the-blurred-lines-verdict-was-upheld-artists-and-forensic-musicologists-speak-out-on-how-the?utm_source=pocket-newtab

As more and more songs are written this becomes a bigger and bigger problem.