Forum Upgrade Planned for Monday January 6th

Rate this topic

Tom

5 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting to load on their laptop? It keeps trying to redirect me back and forth to the old URL without the www, which then tries to redirect me to the correct one, which then... etc.

this has been happening to me as well. I cleared my cache and I have to type out www.idolforums.com for it to load up the right one and not the old one.

2 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I‘be cleared out my cache ten different times and haven’t had any result. I’ve even tried refreshing when typing in the URL. Just keeps taking me to a can not load page for some reason.

oh then I don't know I never got a cannot load error. It still sometimes wants to take me to the old one but it never actually didn't load anything for me.

7 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I‘be cleared out my cache ten different times and haven’t had any result. I’ve even tried refreshing when typing in the URL. Just keeps taking me to a can not load page for some reason.

It will end up fixing its self. This stuff happens now that it's on a new server, etc. and the domain DNS needs to finish changing. 

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I have two warning points! Once from 2014 and the other from 2017. I don’t even know what the one from 2014 is for. 

How many warning points are we allowed before we go bye bye?

one was just a notation, for mods to see that you had a new account from back then, I removed that just now

after 5 there could be a ban, depending on what's been going on, i wouldn't worry about it :lmao:

the original board members couldn't see those, only mods, so we could leave notes in there if need be

Thanks for the update 🙏🏻 Hoping the site gets more glammed up, with things like a header image and options to change the background color (if that’s even a thing with this format), so it feels more like “home” as the old one used to be.

The site bouncing back and forth between new and old version could be the DNS update still propagating or it might have something to do with the www/non-www website address. Idolforums was always just idolforums.com (no www.) and we're working on getting it back to that. I think this should be resolved by the end of the day.

I know there's probably a million other things that are a bigger priority, but with the new system, is there any chance of getting a dark theme? It'd be nice to use IDF in bed at night and not blind myself or wake up my husband. :haha:

2 hours ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I know there's probably a million other things that are a bigger priority, but with the new system, is there any chance of getting a dark theme? It'd be nice to use IDF in bed at night and not blind myself or wake up my husband. :haha:

I think we'll be able to add a dark theme. I'll have to look a bit more into that but I'll make sure it makes it onto our list of things to do.