Forum Upgrade Planned for Monday January 6th

Rate this topic

Tom

:rolleyes:

Anywho, I don't see the graphic when I checked it on my iPad and the music notes doesn't show up there either. :unsure:

weird, I"m on a laptop, it happened to me while I was on here, i refreshed a page and a little glitch happened then they were gone

I thought they use to work on weekends when my friend had his IPB board moved! But I'm not sure, because they are taking forever lol.

well hopefully they work out the image errors, not sure if they mean old images from here or the new ones the forum will be using

Here's the latest update:

So things thus far haven't gone very smoothly (obviously) and we were still trying to work with Invision to get the original database export we sent (Jan 6th) upgraded. We finally got to the point where there was a working version of IDF up that was running the latest version of Invision.

There were a couple of small issues with it, but nothing we couldn't address ourselves afterwards. There was however one huge issue in that all user accounts after 2014 were missing. Losing 5-6 years of accounts was unacceptable so we had to figure out what the problem was with that.

Buzz was able to identify the issue and we're now looking into starting the process again. We're still working out the final details (mainly the additional fees for the extra time involved) but hope to have work started on the upgrade again very soon.

The latest data snapshot sent over was from late last night so on a positive note, all posts from the last week should carry over the new site.

I should know more soon, and I'll make sure to post an update as soon as I have something new to share.

Thank you again for your patience as we deal with this major update to the website.

So things thus far haven't gone very smoothly (obviously) and we were still trying to work with Invision to get the original database export we sent (Jan 6th) upgraded. We finally got to the point where there was a working version of IDF up that was running the latest version of Invision.

There were a couple of small issues with it, but nothing we couldn't address ourselves afterwards. There was however one huge issue in that all user accounts after 2014 were missing. Losing 5-6 years of accounts was unacceptable so we had to figure out what the problem was with that.

Buzz was able to identify the issue and we're now looking into starting the process again. We're still working out the final details (mainly the additional fees for the extra time involved) but hope to have work started on the upgrade again very soon.

The latest data snapshot sent over was from late last night so on a positive note, all posts from the last week should carry over the new site.

I should know more soon, and I'll make sure to post an update as soon as I have something new to share.

Thank you again for your patience as we deal with this major update to the website.

great news about the posts from this week being saved o:) I'll be patient, those accounts are important,and probably include some active members

thanks for the update :flowers:

and since there are more costs, can we still use this to help out? :unsure: I just put a little in

If you'd like to donate, please visit our Paypal page here:

https://www.paypal.me/idolforums

Thank you for the update! It seems like things may be done soon hopefully :w00twave:

Would donating help with the extra costs?

Quick update:

The upgrade has been rescheduled for this Friday (January 17th). The database backup will be done at 2am ET on Friday so any posts or private messages made after that time will NOT be carried over to the upgraded forum.

The issue with the 5-6 years of lost accounts has been resolved so assuming no unforeseen issues arise this time around, this is the last time we'll need to attempt this.

I'll post more updates as I receive them.

How long will the upgrade take? still 48 hours?

Assuming everything goes as planned, yes.

They're starting the entire process over since nothing from the first attempt could be saved. On a positive note, they know what to expect when doing it this time around so it could possibly go quicker than the first attempt.

Quick update:

The upgrade has been rescheduled for this Friday (January 17th). The database backup will be done at 2am ET on Friday so any posts or private messages made after that time will NOT be carried over to the upgraded forum.

The issue with the 5-6 years of lost accounts has been resolved so assuming no unforeseen issues arise this time around, this is the last time we'll need to attempt this.

I'll post more updates as I receive them.

:w00t: thanks, thank goodness the accounts were saved :D

excited :bounce:

Assuming everything goes as planned, yes.

They're starting the entire process over since nothing from the first attempt could be saved. On a positive note, they know what to expect when doing it this time around so it could possibly go quicker than the first attempt.

the board will stay working through the process still I'm assuming o:)