Forum Upgrade Planned for Monday January 6th

Rate this topic

Tom

They said that it's taking longer than expected.

Just have patience and respect for the work they're doing for us - if they really wanted, they could have just leave IDF as is despite all the problems its experiencing.

This, after being a member since 2003, I'm just thankful it's still here. (!)

Agreed with these posts. :yes:

Just have patience and respect for the work they're doing for us - if they really wanted, they could have just leave IDF as is despite all the problems its experiencing.

Sipping my tea.

I've never been a patient person :haha: I just wish they would keep us updated, since the last update we got was that it may be Wednesday. We're on Thursday and still no update. Personally, I think everyone should have just saved any PM's they wanted and started fresh. That being said, I am VERY thankful for Tom and all of the people working behind the scenes constantly. I love IDF.

Edited by frederick

I've never been a patient person :haha: I just wish they would keep us updated, since the last update we got was that it may be Wednesday. We're on Thursday and still no update. Personally, I think everyone should have just saved any PM's they wanted and started fresh. That being said, I am VERY thankful for Tom and all of the people working behind the scenes constantly. I love IDF.

<3

Sorry for not posting an update yesterday. I've been trying to juggle real life, work, the upgrade, and I'm sick on top of everything else.

I'm on the east coast, buzz is in California, and I'm not sure where the tech working on the upgrade is but they seem to be working opposite hours from us which doesn't help when things need to be addressed before moving forward.

Here's my attempt to fill everyone in on what's happened (and not happened thus far):

We contacted Invision Community (the company who created our forum software) about getting our site upgraded to the latest version and get hosted on their cloud platform. After a bit of back and forth discussion, we decided it was the best option to go with since they'd know their software better than anyone.

We paid the upgrade fee, sent everything over, and then started playing the waiting game. That happened on Monday at 1am ET.

The upgrade was projected to take 24-48 hours however as we all now know, there were some issues. On top of the large amount of private messages to process, they ran into some problems with broken images and errors in the database which caused issues at some point in the upgrade process.

We're continuing to work with Invision Community to try to resolve the upgrade issues and are still hopeful that we'll be able to get this done. Unfortunately I do not have an estimate on when it will be completed but I'll try my best to keep everyone updated.

I wish I had better news to share with everyone but with any luck, we'll be up and running on the latest version of Invision before too long. Thanks for your patience and if you have any questions, please let me know here or via PM.

Sorry for not posting an update yesterday. I've been trying to juggle real life, work, the upgrade, and I'm sick on top of everything else.

I'm on the east coast, buzz is in California, and I'm not sure where the tech working on the upgrade is but they seem to be working opposite hours from us which doesn't help when things need to be addressed before moving forward.

Here's my attempt to fill everyone in on what's happened (and not happened thus far):

We contacted Invision Community (the company who created our forum software) about getting our site upgraded to the latest version and get hosted on their cloud platform. After a bit of back and forth discussion, we decided it was the best option to go with since they'd know their software better than anyone.

We paid the upgrade fee, sent everything over, and then started playing the waiting game. That happened on Monday at 1am ET.

The upgrade was projected to take 24-48 hours however as we all now know, there were some issues. On top of the large amount of private messages to process, they ran into some problems with broken images and errors in the database which caused issues at some point in the upgrade process.

We're continuing to work with Invision Community to try to resolve the upgrade issues and are still hopeful that we'll be able to get this done. Unfortunately I do not have an estimate on when it will be completed but I'll try my best to keep everyone updated.

I wish I had better news to share with everyone but with any luck, we'll be up and running on the latest version of Invision before too long. Thanks for your patience and if you have any questions, please let me know here or via PM.

Rip

Yeah it's gone on my phone.

oh thanks, I tried clearing data and it still doesn't show up for me

They will prob have a new banner I'd think if it's a new theme but yeah missing for me too

Thank you for the updates Tom!

I thought they might but wasn't sure

nah Wallys computer is mostly likely living in 2003 since he probably still has Windows ME.

IPB Image