Forum Upgrade Planned for Monday January 6th

Rate this topic

Tom

The previously discussed forum upgrade is going to take place on Monday January 6th, 2020.

The process will take 24-48 hours and during this time the current version of Idolforums.com will remain up and running. Nothing after 1am ET will be saved as we need to send over a snapshot of the database to the company performing the upgrade. Feel free to post, but remember that nothing after this time will be carried over to the upgraded forum.

It's possible there may be unforeseen issues during the upgrade and if there are, we'll communicate them here.

We're hopeful that the entire process will go smoothly and Idolforums will be back under the upgraded software sometime on Wednesday.

Special thanks to the generous donors who have chipped in to help make this possible. See you all on the new IDF! :wave:

exciting IPB Image

"Nothing after 1am ET will be saved as we need to send over a snapshot of the database to the company performing the upgrade. Feel free to post, but remember that nothing after this time will be carried over to the upgraded forum." :sorcerer:

I would save any important data in a backup file from Sun night until it's finished :)

So... Do our current threads stay put after the update? :unsure:

yes, everything so far will be in the data snapshot, just posts after 1am ET Mon morning until the board goes off won't be carried over I think :unsure:

"Nothing besides posts/private messages made in that 24-48 hour timeframe will be lost."

Make sure the forum is still https as my browser has stopped letting me access sites that aren't https!

should be the same url, they're just upgrading the software and plugins i think

remember to save your important posts (stats, etc) after 1am tonight in backup files :sorcerer:

Just wanted to share the latest news with everyone. The upgrade process started out on Monday as planned but we're currently looking at the process taking a little longer than originally expected.

While the amount of topics and posts aren't high (obviously since we had that recent crash), the amount of private message data being migrated is, and I quote the tech working on it, "beyond crazy levels". It appears you all really love to send private messages!

Given that there are over 400,000 private messages to migrate, we're now looking at this process finishing up sometime on Wednesday.

I apologize for the unforeseen delay and will continue to share updates here as I receive them. In the meantime, feel free to post here but remember that posts and private messages since 1am ET on Monday will not be carried over to the updated IDF. Make sure to save any important posts you want to keep locally.