Countdown to The Voice Season 18

istersay

Oh boy, I'm not looking forward to this season. I've never had a season where I wasn't looking forward to it.

I don't mean to be negative or anything but I have a bad feeling about what we know about the format. Or at least, what it CAN be. With the fact that we're only getting 3 weeks of live shows (and 10 weeks of Monday only shows) it leaves plenty of room for disaster. I feel like at the bare minimum the lives will go 13-8-4 as did S16.

If they had to do 10 weeks of pre-taped shows, here's a somewhat reasonable (albeit slow) approach they could take.

-Cut the teams from 12 apiece to 10, giving 40 chair turns. 4 weeks of auditions, 10 chair turns shown per episode.

-20 battles over 3 weeks. 6-7 shown per episode (there's gonna be 1-2 montaged because why wouldn't there be). 1 steal per coach, no save. 24 contestants going into the KOs.

-12 KOs over 2 weeks. 6 per episode. One steal per coach. 16 going into "playoffs".

-Pre taped playoffs. Each contestant sings and the coaches pick 3 from their teams of 4.

-Live shows go from 12-8-4.

If they had to do 10 weeks of pre-taped shows, here's a somewhat reasonable (albeit slow) approach they could take.

-Cut the teams from 12 apiece to 10, giving 40 chair turns. 4 weeks of auditions, 10 chair turns shown per episode.

-20 battles over 3 weeks. 6-7 shown per episode (there's gonna be 1-2 montaged because why wouldn't there be). 1 steal per coach, no save. 24 contestants going into the KOs.

-12 KOs over 2 weeks. 6 per episode. One steal per coach. 16 going into "playoffs".

-Pre taped playoffs. Each contestant sings and the coaches pick 3 from their teams of 4.

-Live shows go from 12-8-4.

Seems the most logical approach, and going back to 12 in the live shows make sense with no voting in place for the playoffs.

Edited by QueenMae16