Steven's 2019 Music Countdown

Steven_

:dead: SPEECHLESS. :wub:

But yes, Speechless >>> Spirit.

"Best Song" is between the song from Rocketman, Stand Up by Cynthia Erivo, or Into the Unknown - rooting for Stand Up at the Oscar because I want Cynthia to be the youngest EGOT recipient <3... However, it'll probably going to be the song from Rocketman or Into The Unknown.

100. Runaway - This is a fun song but unfortunately, I probably won't listen to it again.

99. Undrunk - Never heard it but surprisingly like this. May need to check out more from Fletcher.

98. Into the Trees - I feel like a bad fan because I haven't kept myself up to date with her career. But as always, I love her voice.

97. Alright - One of the standout from the album for me; very glad that they are making a comeback with an excellent album.

96. Back to Life - I forgot that this song came out; but I like it.

95. Date La Vuelta - Not really my cup of tea but it's nice.

94. Good Enough - Really love Jana and I am enjoying how she's making her songs more personable lately.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - Not my favourites from the album but I like it.

92. What Do I Know? - It's okay, just not feeling it.

91. Rescue Me - Also not feeling this :/

90. Nice To Meet Ya - Different from his other songs but I enjoy it.

89. Spirit - One of my favourite thing Beyonce released in a while :ph34rwave:. Anyway, absolutely enjoyed this song.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

93. That's cool this is one of your favorites on the album too! I believe I have at least 10 songs from the album included on this countdown. :ph34rwave:

I have no issue with that. :teeheewave:

92. What Do I Know? - Oh, I never heard of him or this song before, but I really like this on first listen! It sounds really good and I like his voice. It would have been nice to hear Trent sing this, but it's cool he wrote on it. I really like the swell of the chorus and the bridge, especially. I would listen to this again. ^_^

91. Rescue Me - I really like this song as well! I miss hearing OneRepublic's music often on the radio, but I try to keep up with it when I can. Your lists usually catch me up. :haha: But agree with your thoughts here!

90. Nice To Meet Ya - I really like this Niall song too. The edgier sound and production is similar enough to Slow Hands for me that it doesn't shock me like it seems to other people. I agree on the arrangement and catchiness of it all. :bobo:

89. Spirit - This is really good and I like the gospel feel of the sound too. Of course Beyonce sounds amazing on it. I agree the uplifting feel of it is suitable for Disney. And I love The Lion King. :wub:

92. What Do I Know? - NHT or heard of Shawn Austin before but that is cool that Trent co-wrote and work on this song. This is a nice sounding song and he has a good voice. I like the message of it and yeah it’s nice. Ooh I wonder how Trent would sound on this and I’m sure i’d like it even more.

91. Rescue Me - I totally get your thoughts on this song as I feel the same. It was okay and didn’t do much for me at first but then it did grow a bit on me. Not a top favorite of mine from ten but I like it well enough.

90. Nice To Meet Ya - Lol yess I love how we both posted this song at around the same time. :haha: As you know I like and enjoy this song as well. YESS @ your first sentence which I completely agree with you on. I was surprised bby the sound of it but then this song would grow on me the more I listened to it. And I def like it now. I like all of the parts you listed from Niall’s delivery, the music/arrangement of this and all of what you said. And yes I do agree that his love interest is really pretty too.

89. Spirit - Oooh I mayyy like this song? :teehee: Lmaoo of course I do and I am aways here for Beyoncé making it on year-end lists. This is a really beautiful song and Bey sings it beautifully and emotes it wonderfully too. I like the anthemic gospel feel of this. It’s sooo inspiring. And yes I love how her voice soars on this song. Oooh this did get nominated for the Golden Globe for best song. I think Oscar noms come in a week and a half or sooner? But of course I’m rooting and hoping for this to get a nomination an win.

92. I'm glad you think this is a nice song after a first listen! Yeah, I think I'd like it even more if Trent was singing it too.

91. That's cool we can relate on needing this to grow on us first.

90. Yay for more agreement!

89. LOL at your first sentence here. :giggle: Yup, this certainly is a beautiful song. Best of luck to Beyoncé at the awards!

100. Runaway - This is a fun song but unfortunately, I probably won't listen to it again.

99. Undrunk - Never heard it but surprisingly like this. May need to check out more from Fletcher.

98. Into the Trees - I feel like a bad fan because I haven't kept myself up to date with her career. But as always, I love her voice.

97. Alright - One of the standout from the album for me; very glad that they are making a comeback with an excellent album.

96. Back to Life - I forgot that this song came out; but I like it.

95. Date La Vuelta - Not really my cup of tea but it's nice.

94. Good Enough - Really love Jana and I am enjoying how she's making her songs more personable lately.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - Not my favourites from the album but I like it.

92. What Do I Know? - It's okay, just not feeling it.

91. Rescue Me - Also not feeling this :/

90. Nice To Meet Ya - Different from his other songs but I enjoy it.

89. Spirit - One of my favourite thing Beyonce released in a while :ph34rwave:. Anyway, absolutely enjoyed this song.

100. That's fair!

99. That's cool you like this after a first listen!

98. Understandable for not keeping up with her.

97. I agree it's a standout on the album.

96. I don't blame you for forgetting this song came out. :lol:

95. That's fair!

94. :thumbs:

93. Fair enough. At least you still like it!

92. Understandable!

91. I don't blame you.

90. I enjoy it, too.

89. That's cool this is one of your favorites from Beyoncé!

I have no issue with that. :teeheewave:

92. What Do I Know? - Oh, I never heard of him or this song before, but I really like this on first listen! It sounds really good and I like his voice. It would have been nice to hear Trent sing this, but it's cool he wrote on it. I really like the swell of the chorus and the bridge, especially. I would listen to this again. ^_^

91. Rescue Me - I really like this song as well! I miss hearing OneRepublic's music often on the radio, but I try to keep up with it when I can. Your lists usually catch me up. :haha: But agree with your thoughts here!

90. Nice To Meet Ya - I really like this Niall song too. The edgier sound and production is similar enough to Slow Hands for me that it doesn't shock me like it seems to other people. I agree on the arrangement and catchiness of it all. :bobo:

89. Spirit - This is really good and I like the gospel feel of the sound too. Of course Beyonce sounds amazing on it. I agree the uplifting feel of it is suitable for Disney. And I love The Lion King. :wub:

Great!

92. I'm glad you like this after a first listen and would want to hear it again!

91. Yay for more agreement!

90. That's true about "Slow Hands." I didn't think of that before, but you're right. :yes:

89. I agree with your thoughts here, too. ^_^

Taylor's album is so good! and 'Spirit' is growing on me, the movie is the same as the cartoon which is nice, except for that scene

I agree Taylor's album is good. :yes: And yup, the remake was very similar to the original.

88. DOSIS - DVICIO, REIK, and CHOCQUIBTOWN
xjo1qPb5T9U
"DOSIS" is a fairly new song as it was released late 2019, but it still finds a spot on this list. This is a collaboration between Dvicio and Reik (two bands that appeared on my 2018 music list). They've collaborated before, but I'm not familiar with ChocQuibTown who adds the rap part in this song. Anyway, this song has a nice melody, and I like the vocals from Andrés Ceballos of Dvicio and Jesús Navarro of Reik. Especially Jesús Navarro since has such a strong voice and makes any song better when he's included. As for the translation, "Dosis" means "Doses." It's a love song, and the lyric "Dosis de momento juntos" means "Doses of moments together." Anyway, this is just a nice sounding song. This is Dvicio's only appearance on the countdown this year (they ranked very high last year with "5 Sentidos"), but there's still plenty of Reik left on this list.

Favorite lyric:
Tiempo es lo que tengo
Para compartir los dos
Dosis de momento juntos
Por si llega el fin del mundo.

87. LONELY IF YOU ARE - CHASE RICE
F1_8Xa-YRNU
I got to see Chase Rice live in concert in 2019, which was pretty cool. I'll discuss more of the concert when another song of his appears later in this countdown since "Lonely If You Are" was released after I saw him. Anyway, "Lonely If You Are" is a chill sounding love song, and I like how Chase delivers the song. He's basically saying he's available to see this girl whenever she wants. Chase doesn't have the biggest vocal range, but he knows how to play to his strengths in his music. The hook is pretty catchy, although I can understand if this song doesn't impress too many people since it's very laid back. Nonetheless, I still enjoy it well enough to rank it here on the list.

Favorite lyric:
It ain't too late or too far
Just call me 'cause I'm lonely if you are.

86. JOANNA - JOJO
2i0Df9BxUZE
I like JoJo, but I missed out on her other release "Sabotage." I did come across "Joanna" though when I saw it trending on YouTube. This is a tricky song to rank since it's really not a typical song with verses and a chorus. This feels more like poetry. In addition, it's a pretty sad song. "Joanna" is basically JoJo singing about herself and the struggles she's dealt with throughout her career. It's such a shame how her career was stifled with that record label going bankrupt and unwilling to let her out of her contract. However, her delivery doesn't make it seem like she's throwing a pity party for herself. She still sounds confident as she's remarking on the lows she's had to deal with. Hopefully we get more JoJo music in 2020 that includes a hit single as she's very talented and deserves a lot of success.

Favorite lyric:
We go back a long time
I've been riding with you since day one
Oh I, remember we were just kids
You were singing, winning, so young and innocent.

85. DIE FROM A BROKEN HEART - MADDIE & TAE
Xbaoi-lifOM
Maddie & Tae were opening acts for Carrie Underwood's latest tour, so I figured I'd check out their music from this year. "Die From A Broken Heart" seems to be their only single of the year, but correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, "Die From A Broken Heart" is apparently about a real heartbreak Tae of the duo went through. The song is about a girl going through a heartbreak and seeking advice from her mother. The song has a melancholy feel that matches the lyrics. The arrangement is simple, but it's effective. It put the vocals front and center, and they sell the emotion of the song very well.

Favorite lyric:
Momma, please don't say
I'm gonna laugh about this someday
You didn't see the way he drove away.

84. ALMOST HEAVEN - JEREMIAH LLOYD HARMON
sPm1r9GaXi8
I didn't post a set yesterday, so I'll be posting two at once here. Anyway, anyone who watched the 2019 season of American Idol should be familiar with this song. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon wrote this song and sang it during his audition. Here's a studio version that was released after the season wrapped up. Anyway, it's a well-written song, and I like how the song builds with a choir singing along with him towards the end. Jeremiah has a great voice too, and he sings with a lot of emotion here. Jeremiah was my favorite contestant that season, and it was a shame when he was voted out before the finale. Oh, well. Best of luck to him in his musical endeavors.

Favorite lyric:
When we reach forever
Will there be a place where you and I may find home
In heaven?

83. CALICO - BROOKE WHITE
HtUnxWkGWcs
Here's another former American Idol contestant. Brooke White appeared in the first set of the countdown, and here she is with "Calico." This song took me by surprise a bit since I didn't expect her to go into this country music direction. Nonetheless, she manages to pull it off in this song that's a tribute to California Country. As she pays tribute to different artists, I also like the personal connection she adds to the lyrics. The second verse stands out to me as she alludes to her time on American Idol (which is hard to believe will be twelve years ago this year). "Calico" is a catchy and upbeat tune, and I wish Brooke the best with her music. There is one more song from the album still left on this countdown though.

Favorite lyric:
I never planned to be on television
But I got a golden ticket out to Hollywood
Every week good people made the time to listen
Felt like they believed in me more than I ever could.

82. RUNNIN' FROM MY ROOTS - JANELLE ARTHUR
FcX-WS_BGpU
Let's keep the American Idol theme going, shall we? I believe everyone who follows this list knows Janelle Arthur, too. "Runnin' From My Roots" is a song she released late 2018, but it manages to qualify for this 2019 list. This song is apparently from a movie with the same title as the song. Janelle starred in the movie, and I guess the lyrics are about what her character was going through. She was losing her identity when she was (as she sings) running from her roots. This is a well-written song, and I like how Janelle sounds here from beginning to end. The chorus especially stands out though. Janelle shows her talents in this song, and that's neat she got a movie role. Hopefully she continues to make music, too.

Favorite lyric:
I thought I was ready to fly, but I was just chasing the wind
What I want and who I am
I thought I knew
But I was just running, running, running
Running, running, running from my roots.

81. GLORIOUS - ELLA HENDERSON
62mtdKyOwWw
The last four songs in this set are all from former singing competition contestants as Ella Henderson competed on The X Factor UK. I've been waiting for Ella to release new music since her Chapter One album was released ("Ghost" was one of my top favorite songs of 2014), and she finally did with her new EP. "Glorious" has a self-empowerment message about how people should realize that "beautiful comes in a million ways." It's not a new concept for a song, but Ella's vocals are splendid on this track. It's a good song, and hopefully we get more Ella Henderson music in 2020. It's been years since her debut album, so it's been a long wait already.

Favorite lyric:
Can we quit paying attention to opinions and perfection
Before we run out of youth?

[b]88. DOSIS[/b] -
[b]87. Lonely If You Are[/b] -
[b]86. Joanna[/b] -
[b]85. Die From A Broken Heart[/b] -

[b]84. Almost Heaven[/b] -
[b]83. Calico[/b] -
[b]82. Runnin' From My Roots[/b] -
[b]81. Glorious[/b] -

88. DOSIS - NHT and ooh neither artists names sound too familiar to me but ok it seems like i have heard them on your list then. Ooo I do like the sound of tis. It has a nice laid back feel to it but also fun danceable parts. The corus has a good feel to it and I like the singing/rapping on this.

87. Lonely If You Are - NHT but I do remember you telling me you saw Chase Rice in concert which is cool tat you did. :o This has a nice chill vibe to it. Overall the song is fine/okay but would need some time to grow on me. He sounds nice and sings with good heartfelt emotion. Decent song. And yeah I agree with your comments on him not having much vocal range but he uses it to his advantage.

86. Joanna - Oooh ah sadly NHT either but I like JoJo and she sounds really great on this. Loving all of her vocal range on this song, which is impressive. Yeah this song does sound like poetry and it has that low-key quiet feel to it where you just sit and listen to what she’s singing. I like this and agree with your comments on this.

85. Die From A Broken Heart - NHT, I think…. or I might have and not realized it? I’m not sure. Aww the song title sounds really sad and the song seems/sounds sad too. M&T do sound really pretty. Yeah the song has a nice simple arrangement but it’s a nice and well put together song.

84. Almost Heaven - Oooh ok so yeah i guess I heard this from Jeremiah’s audition on Idol, but I totally forgot since I usually watch auditions once and never again. Never heard the studio version but yayy for him recording this song. This is very beautiful and he sounds great on this. :yes: Ugh yeah it was a shame he was robbed on Idol, but I’ve become used to my faves getting robbed on ABC’s Idol now. :(

83. Calico - NHT but hmmmm while Brooke sounds good on this song, i don’t really care for her going in this country direction. This genre from her is kinda weird to me. :ph34r: With that said, this song has a fun sound to it and the chorus is kinda catchy. Aww the second verse is cute where she sings about Idol. :lol: So yeah this is decent.

82. Runnin' From My Roots - omgg whoa I haven’t heard from Janelle in so long, it seems. :haha: NHT but she sounds really pretty and so does tis song. She def sings with a lot of heartfelt emotion and meaning to what she’s singing here. :yes: Agree with you that the chorus stands out most.

81. Glorious - Oooh lol this second set is full of RTV competition singers. :giggle: NTH but I am liking tis. This is very pretty and Ella sounds really great on this. Liking the soulful pop feel of the song and the message she provides here is really good and strong. Great vocals as always from her.

96. Back to Life - I don't care for Gary's voice so it makes it hard for me to enjoy most of their songs. This is kind of boring for me.

95. Date La Vuelta - I have a hard time commenting n these kinds of songs due to forgetting 95% the Spanish I ever learned, but it's catchy enough at least.

94. Good Enough - Jana is one of those artists who I don't really follow because she hasn't released a song I truly love yet. Thi s was pretty decent though.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - Wasn't feeling this song but I lik several songs from this era (unlike last one) so hopefully they show up later. :sorcerer:

92. What Do I Know? - Never heard of this artist before, a friend of Trent's I'm assuming. I like this, he has potential.

91. Rescue Me - Eh. I like a lot of OneRepublic songs but this doesn't do much for me; it isn't that interesting and Ryan's vocals aren't as good as lot of their others.

90. Nice To Meet Ya - I prefer Nialls' folsky/acoustic side, this is more along the lines of something Harry might do. But it's still decent.

89. Spirit - It is not quite at the Circle of Life but it's still great; I love the gospel and anthemic feel like you mentioned. Great buildup and vocals.

88. DOSIS - I remember Reik from your 2018 list at least. :haha: Wasn't really feeling this song though.

87. Lonely If You Are - It's ok. You're right that it's a little too laid back to impress me on first listen. Might grow on me with a few listens.

86. Joanna - I liked Sabotage but didn't hear this one. It's not the most interesting melodically but I love the lyrics.

85. Die From A Broken Heart - 45 will love seeing one of their songs on this list. :haha: Now tih is arrangement is simple too but I like the sad feel and they both sound great here.

84. Almost Heaven - The first full episode of the live shwos that I watched live was the one where he got robbed. #Jinx I've only watched his audition once, but I really like this studio, especially the second half. :yes:

83. Calico - Like you, I like the description of her journey on Idol in the second verse. :yes: Country still isn't my favorite genre on her, but I prefer this song to the first one of hers you listed. :thumbs:

82. Runnin' From My Roots - Glad Janelle is making music as well; she was one of several I liked on AI12. This is pretty goo on first listen - the chorus is the standout part of the song for me as well.

81. Glorious - It took so long, but Ella is finally back. :wub: I don't mind this reality singing competition theme. Anyway, Glorious isn't up to the very high standard of Chapter One but I still love the message and she sounds awesome.

88. DOSIS - Not familiar with this one, but I like the sound of it now listening to it. :bobo: I like the vocals too.

87. Lonely If You Are - I haven't heard this one before either, but really liking this on first listen. I love the laid-back kind of groove of it. :bobo: "He's basically saying he's available to see this girl whenever she wants." So romantic though. :haha: But I like this! It kind of reminds me of Walker Hayes.

86. Joanna - Yeah, I get this being tricky to rank as it feels different from a regular song. I love how she addresses everything about herself on her own terms and of course, her vocals are stellar.

85. Die From A Broken Heart - I love Maddie & Tae and this song. :wub: I actually featured it on my list last year when I thought it was a single, but it was formerly released in 2019. I agree with pretty much everything you said about the song and you quoted one of my favorite parts, as well.

84. Almost Heaven - Ah, I loved Jeremiah on Idol too and he was one of my joint favorites. This song is what started it all. I absolutely loved when he sang this in the audition. I didn't even know he released a studio version. It's such a beautiful and meaningful song. I think I do prefer the live versions though.

83. Calico - Oh, I like the feel of this song too. :bobo: I think I might prefer the first song from Brooke you had on here, but I'd have to listen again to be sure. I really like this though and the optimistic, uplifting lyrics. I also love the Idol reference! I can not believe 12 years at all. :bye2:

82. Runnin' From My Roots - I didn't know about this song and definitely didn't know about Janelle starring in a movie. Where was this movie released, I wonder? I never heard about it, but cool for her to do that and also release this song. I like this on first listen and get how it matches with the storyline. I really like the lyric you pointed out as well.

81. Glorious - "I've been waiting for Ella to release new music since her Chapter One album was released ("Ghost" was one of my top favorite songs of 2014)" Me too at all of this. :haha: I do know this song, but interesting you have a live performance of it here. :o I like this and the meaning of the song. It's a bit of a grower for me, but I really like it and love her voice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 9:08 PM, *Wallace said:

88. DOSIS - NHT and ooh neither artists names sound too familiar to me but ok it seems like i have heard them on your list then. Ooo I do like the sound of tis. It has a nice laid back feel to it but also fun danceable parts. The corus has a good feel to it and I like the singing/rapping on this.

87. Lonely If You Are - NHT but I do remember you telling me you saw Chase Rice in concert which is cool tat you did. 😮 This has a nice chill vibe to it. Overall the song is fine/okay but would need some time to grow on me. He sounds nice and sings with good heartfelt emotion. Decent song. And yeah I agree with your comments on him not having much vocal range but he uses it to his advantage.

86. Joanna - Oooh ah sadly NHT either but I like JoJo and she sounds really great on this. Loving all of her vocal range on this song, which is impressive. Yeah this song does sound like poetry and it has that low-key quiet feel to it where you just sit and listen to what she’s singing. I like this and agree with your comments on this.

85. Die From A Broken Heart - NHT, I think…. or I might have and not realized it? I’m not sure. Aww the song title sounds really sad and the song seems/sounds sad too. M&T do sound really pretty. Yeah the song has a nice simple arrangement but it’s a nice and well put together song.

84. Almost Heaven - Oooh ok so yeah i guess I heard this from Jeremiah’s audition on Idol, but I totally forgot since I usually watch auditions once and never again. Never heard the studio version but yayy for him recording this song. This is very beautiful and he sounds great on this. :yes: Ugh yeah it was a shame he was robbed on Idol, but I’ve become used to my faves getting robbed on ABC’s Idol now. :(

83. Calico - NHT but hmmmm while Brooke sounds good on this song, i don’t really care for her going in this country direction. This genre from her is kinda weird to me. :ph34r: With that said, this song has a fun sound to it and the chorus is kinda catchy. Aww the second verse is cute where she sings about Idol. :lol: So yeah this is decent.

82. Runnin' From My Roots - omgg whoa I haven’t heard from Janelle in so long, it seems. :haha: NHT but she sounds really pretty and so does tis song. She def sings with a lot of heartfelt emotion and meaning to what she’s singing here. :yes: Agree with you that the chorus stands out most.

81. Glorious - Oooh lol this second set is full of RTV competition singers. :giggle: NTH but I am liking tis. This is very pretty and Ella sounds really great on this. Liking the soulful pop feel of the song and the message she provides here is really good and strong. Great vocals as always from her.

88. I'm glad you like the sound of this song after a first listen.

87. Yup, it was cool seeing Chase in concert. Fair thoughts about the song overall.

86. I'm glad you agree with my comments on this song.

85. It sure is a sad song, but they do sound pretty.

84. Yup, this was his audition song. And I definitely agree that he was robbed on Idol.

83. I don't blame you for not caring for Brooke going in the country music direction. At least you think this song has a fun sound to it.

82. I agree with your thoughts here, too.

81. Yes, great vocals as usual from Ella.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:17 PM, Sadora said:

96. Back to Life - I don't care for Gary's voice so it makes it hard for me to enjoy most of their songs. This is kind of boring for me.

95. Date La Vuelta - I have a hard time commenting n these kinds of songs due to forgetting 95% the Spanish I ever learned, but it's catchy enough at least.

94. Good Enough - Jana is one of those artists who I don't really follow because she hasn't released a song I truly love yet. Thi s was pretty decent though.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - Wasn't feeling this song but I lik several songs from this era (unlike last one) so hopefully they show up later. :sorcerer:

96. No worries. And Rascal Flatts have announced they're splitting up, which was a surprise.

95. At least you think it's catchy.

94. That's fair.

93. I think you'll like the songs that show up later better.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:24 PM, Sadora said:

92. What Do I Know? - Never heard of this artist before, a friend of Trent's I'm assuming. I like this, he has potential.

91. Rescue Me - Eh. I like a lot of OneRepublic songs but this doesn't do much for me; it isn't that interesting and Ryan's vocals aren't as good as lot of their others.

90. Nice To Meet Ya - I prefer Nialls' folsky/acoustic side, this is more along the lines of something Harry might do. But it's still decent.

89. Spirit - It is not quite at the Circle of Life but it's still great; I love the gospel and anthemic feel like you mentioned. Great buildup and vocals.

92. That's cool you like this.

91. Understandable.

90. I prefer the folksy music from Niall, too.

89. I agree about the buildup and vocals.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:42 PM, Sadora said:

88. DOSIS - I remember Reik from your 2018 list at least. :haha: Wasn't really feeling this song though.

87. Lonely If You Are - It's ok. You're right that it's a little too laid back to impress me on first listen. Might grow on me with a few listens.

86. Joanna - I liked Sabotage but didn't hear this one. It's not the most interesting melodically but I love the lyrics.

85. Die From A Broken Heart - 45 will love seeing one of their songs on this list. :haha: Now tih is arrangement is simple too but I like the sad feel and they both sound great here.

84. Almost Heaven - The first full episode of the live shwos that I watched live was the one where he got robbed. #Jinx I've only watched his audition once, but I really like this studio, especially the second half. :yes:

83. Calico - Like you, I like the description of her journey on Idol in the second verse. :yes: Country still isn't my favorite genre on her, but I prefer this song to the first one of hers you listed. :thumbs:

82. Runnin' From My Roots - Glad Janelle is making music as well; she was one of several I liked on AI12. This is pretty goo on first listen - the chorus is the standout part of the song for me as well.

81. Glorious - It took so long, but Ella is finally back. :wub: I don't mind this reality singing competition theme. Anyway, Glorious isn't up to the very high standard of Chapter One but I still love the message and she sounds awesome.

88. That's okay.

87. It is very laid back.

86. That's cool you like the lyrics.

85. I agree with your thoughts.

84. Yikes, that's too bad that was your first full live episode of the season. I also like the second half of this song especially.

83. I agree with your thoughts here, too.

82. Yup, the chorus does stand out here.

81. I'm glad she's back making music, too. 

On 1/4/2020 at 2:18 AM, miss denise said:

88. DOSIS - Not familiar with this one, but I like the sound of it now listening to it. :bobo: I like the vocals too.

87. Lonely If You Are - I haven't heard this one before either, but really liking this on first listen. I love the laid-back kind of groove of it. :bobo: "He's basically saying he's available to see this girl whenever she wants." So romantic though. :haha: But I like this! It kind of reminds me of Walker Hayes.

86. Joanna - Yeah, I get this being tricky to rank as it feels different from a regular song. I love how she addresses everything about herself on her own terms and of course, her vocals are stellar.

85. Die From A Broken Heart - I love Maddie & Tae and this song. :wub: I actually featured it on my list last year when I thought it was a single, but it was formerly released in 2019. I agree with pretty much everything you said about the song and you quoted one of my favorite parts, as well.

84. Almost Heaven - Ah, I loved Jeremiah on Idol too and he was one of my joint favorites. This song is what started it all. I absolutely loved when he sang this in the audition. I didn't even know he released a studio version. It's such a beautiful and meaningful song. I think I do prefer the live versions though.

83. Calico - Oh, I like the feel of this song too. :bobo: I think I might prefer the first song from Brooke you had on here, but I'd have to listen again to be sure. I really like this though and the optimistic, uplifting lyrics. I also love the Idol reference! I can not believe 12 years at all. :bye2:

82. Runnin' From My Roots - I didn't know about this song and definitely didn't know about Janelle starring in a movie. Where was this movie released, I wonder? I never heard about it, but cool for her to do that and also release this song. I like this on first listen and get how it matches with the storyline. I really like the lyric you pointed out as well.

81. Glorious - "I've been waiting for Ella to release new music since her Chapter One album was released ("Ghost" was one of my top favorite songs of 2014)" Me too at all of this. :haha: I do know this song, but interesting you have a live performance of it here. 😮 I like this and the meaning of the song. It's a bit of a grower for me, but I really like it and love her voice.

88. I'm glad you like this one.

87. That's cool you like this after a first listen, too. I hear the Walker Hayes comparison you mentioned.

86. Yup, I agree with your thoughts here.

85. That must've been when I first heard this song. That's cool that part I quoted is one of your favorite parts.

84. I think I prefer the live versions too. That's cool he was one of your favorites from the season as well.

83. That's cool you prefer the first Brooke song featured here, but at least you like this one too. And I also can't believe it's already been twelve years since her season of Idol.

82. I came across the song before realizing it was part of a movie, so I don't know any details about that. But that's cool to see Janelle get those opportunities. 

81. That's cool we're on the same page about Ella's music. I also see how this song is a grower, but it certainly is a great vocal from Ella.

80. CLOSER TO YOU – CARLY PEARCE

I thought about giving up on this list, but I figured it’d be better to finish what I started. The next song on this list is “Closer To You” by Carly Peace. I haven’t been following Carly’s career too closely, but I like what I’ve heard from her so far. “Closer To You” is a sweet pop-country love song with a catchy arrangement. It’s nothing new lyrically as there are many songs with the same sentiment, but I like Carly’s delivery here. It makes for easy listening, and I like the song enough to include on this countdown.

Favorite lyric:
Heart to heart, face to face, you know all I wanna do

Is get closer, closer, closer to you.

79. HER WORLD OR MINE – MICHAEL RAY

I could’ve ranked “Her World Or Mine” higher on this countdown, but I thought it’d be fitting to rank Carly and Michael back-to-back on this countdown since they’re married (you may have noticed him at the end of the "Closer to You" video). Anyway, I featured this song on my 2018 list, but it was officially made into a single in 2019. “Her World Or Mine” is a song describing the feelings this man and woman are going through after a break-up. The man is struggling, but the woman has already moved on. I like the lyrics here, and Michael Ray’s emotional delivery is believable, too. I was glad to see this song become a single.

Favorite lyric:
One of us sleeps good, and one of us hates to face the night

Just depends if you're talking about her world or mine.

78. IMPOSIBLE – LUIS FONSI & OZUNA

It’s time for another Luis Fonsi song to appear on this countdown. I remember hearing “Imposible” when it was first released and thinking it was just okay. However, the song did grow on me with more listens. As for the translation, the song is about being in love with a woman. He’s saying that it would be impossible for someone else to love her as much as he does. The lyrics also hint she’s already with someone else, so he’s trying to convince her to be with him instead. Anyway, I like the rhythmic groove here and find it to be quite catchy. I don’t think Ozuna needed to be part of this song as it would’ve worked fine without him, but I’ve gotten used to him being part of the song.

Favorite part:
Y así, na' má', me enamoré, eh-eh-eh-eh

De esa carita que no tiene nadie
Bailando aquí en el medio de la calle.

77. SOBRENATURAL – JUAN MAGÁN, ÁLVARO SOLER, and MARIELLE HAZLO

Were any of you wondering when Álvaro Soler was going to show up on this list? Well, here he finally is with “Sobrenatural,” seemingly an invited guest on this Juan Magán track with Marielle Hazlo. This is another song that had to grow on me as I thought it was just okay after a first listen. Álvaro’s parts are my favorite of the entire track as I like his voice the best, but the arrangement is solid enough to make for an overall catchy tune. As for the translation, it’s basically about a love being so intense that it’s supernatural. It’s a solid song that I do enjoy listening to, but Álvaro Soler has released better songs than this one.

Favorite lyric:
Es pura adrenalina cuando yo siento tu cuerpo

Es pura adrenalina cuando yo siento tu amor
La medicina que me cura y que me tiene envuelto
Tú me la diste entre mis sueños con esa pasión.

76. ADICTO – PRINCE ROYCE & MARC ANTHONY

The video is kinda NSFW, so I figured I’d give you a heads up. Anyway, Prince Royce and Marc Anthony collaborated on this song “Adicto.” The song is about Prince Royce falling in love with strippers, and Marc Anthony is telling him he’s in over his head. He also points out how Prince Royce is always at the strip club (arriving every night and not leaving until morning). Prince Royce says he can’t help himself and he’s an addict. The story is a bit out there, but I like the vibe of the song. Prince Royce delivers a more laid-back vocal while Marc Anthony shows off more vocally in certain parts of the song.

Favorite lyric:
Ami
ɡᴏ y Ɩᴏ
Sé qe tienes raón
Per qe haɡᴏ si ya prᴏᴠé
Me enam.

75. IN MY HEAD – RYLAND JAMES

I stumbled upon Ryland James’s music on YouTube a couple years ago, and he released a new song in 2019 called “In My Head.” He’s got an impressive voice, and he shows it off in this track. I like the building arrangement and how he belts the notes in the chorus. I don’t think it’s Ryland’s best song from the ones he has released thus far, but he still sings this very well. I can see him having breakthrough success in the near future with a hit single, but I guess we’ll see.

Favorite lyric:
Even though it hurts

You’re my favorite curse

I can’t fight the thrill

But through all the struggle

I will be here still.

74. THE FATHER, MY SON, AND THE HOLY GHOST – CRAIG MORGAN

This is a difficult song to rank. I feel like this song deserves a much higher placement, but it’s not a song I’ve listened to much since the subject matter is too heartbreaking. I’ve only heard it a few times, actually. I still wanted to include it on this countdown though, so I’ll just place it here now. “The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost” is a song about the death of Craig Morgan’s son. I first heard this song when he performed and discussed it on The Kelly Clarkson Show. Craig Morgan wrote this song sometime after his son’s death. The lyrics are very raw as he describes the heartache and pain he’s been through as he struggles coping with the loss of his son. This is a song that would be deserving of Song of the Year at the CMA and ACM Awards, but I guess we’ll see if award show politics will allow that to happen. Anyway, it’s a very sad song, but Craig Morgan’s emotional delivery in the vocals and lyrics make this a standout song.

Favorite lyric:
I hope, I love, I pray, I cry

I heal a little more each day inside
I won't completely heal ‘til I go home.

73. BEFORE YOU GO - LEWIS CAPALDI

Two heartbreaking songs close out this set of songs. “Before You Go” is one of the last songs I added to this countdown. I became familiar with Lewis Capaldi after the success of “Someone You Loved” and gave this one a listen, too. Based on an interview I read about this song’s lyrics, “Before You Go” is about the aftermath of suicide. It’s a very heavy topic for a song, but I think Lewis Capaldi does a respectful job in the lyrics and delivery here. He sings with a lot of emotion, making it a very poignant song. There’s also a piano version of this song, which you can listen to here at this link

Favorite lyric:
So, before you go

Was there something I could have said to make it all stop hurting?

It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless.

80. Closer To You -

79. Her World Or Mine -

78. Imposible -

77. Sobrenatural -

76. Adicto -

75. In My Head -

74. The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost -

73. Before You Go -

Aww no, don't give up on the list. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif I'm glad it's continuing. :hug: 

80. Closer To You - I really like Carly's voice and love this song too.  The feel of it is so good. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

79. Her World Or Mine - It is cute you put them back to back. stuart.gif I really like this song as well. It's sad, but I like the creativity in the lyrics. bye2.gif 

78. Imposible - Like you on first listen, this is okay for me.

77. Sobrenatural - This one is also just okay for me for now, but could maybe be a grower.

76. Adicto - I've like Prince Royce songs before and don't mind this one. I think it could also grow on me. And wow at the storyline. :haha: Yikes. fear2.gif.7033c7e13ce052c5fafb193cfe7f96c3.gif 

75. In My Head - Not familiar with this song, but wow I really like it and his voice on first listen.  Did you ever feature songs from him before? I would like to hear more. 

74. The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost - Oh wow, this is so sad. :( Gosh, that's terrible what happened. I totally get your comments. I really like this song as well.

73. Before You Go - Oh, haven't heard this one, although I did listen to a lot of his other songs. I wish I heard this before. I really love the emotion he sings with and woww... this song is really powerful. bye2.gif I appreciate the meaning and agree with your comments. 

72. WANTED – ONEREPUBLIC

“Wanted” by OneRepublic is a song that had to grow on me. I usually like whatever OneRepublic releases, but this didn’t make much of an impact on me at first. Nonetheless, I do like the song enough to rank it here on the list. The vibe is kind of cool, it had a slick production, and Ryan’s vocals are good as usual. The lyrics are pretty simple, but the message is very relatable. Although I do like the song now, I wouldn’t rank it as one of the band’s best songs ever.

Favorite lyric:

I just want to be wanted.
I could use a little love sometimes.
I just need to be needed.
Like to know I'm crossing someone's mind.

71. CATCH – BRETT YOUNG

The song starts at the 34 second mark. I feel like we didn’t hear from Brett Young a lot in 2019, but I did see he recently got married and had a baby. So, that could be why. Anyway, “Catch” is a single he did happen to release last year. The song is about unexpectedly meeting and falling for someone. He thought it would just be another night at the bar with some buddies, but then he sees this girl and is completely enamored. The music video is also inspired by Brett’s actual life since he had plans to pursue a career in Major League Baseball before a career-ending injury. But looks like music worked out well for him, so that’s good. Anyway, this is nice enough song from Brett. I guess we’ll see if he releases more music in 2020.

Favorite lyric:

The way you smile and I can't help myself
Girl, you got me trying to catch my breath.

70. BROKEN & BEAUTIFUL – KELLY CLARKSON

Here’s a song I forgot about until I was compiling lists for this countdown. Nonetheless, it still manages to rank this high on this list. “Broken & Beautiful” is by Kelly Clarkson and included in the film UglyDolls (a film I have not seen). Anyway, “Broken & Beautiful” has a self-empowering message, and Kelly delivers it well here with her stellar vocals. Although, I do happen to like the verses more than the chorus. While listening to the song, it kind of reminded me of P!nk as it’s a song I could hear her singing. So, it was not a surprise when I found out that P!nk did have a hand in writing this song.

Favorite lyric:

I don't need your help, and I don't need sympathy
I don't need you to lower the bar for me.

69. ERES TÚ – MATISSE & REIK

The song starts at the 50 second mark in the video. Here’s another Reik song on this list, but they are the featured artist on this song alongside the band Matisse. The title of the song translates to “It’s You.” It’s basically a love song saying that that person is the only thing that matters in the whole world. The soothing arrangement of the song suits the romantic lyrics.  There are really nice vocals here, too. Jesús Navarro (the lead singer of Reik) is the standout, but the members of Matisse do a great job as well. It’s just a sweet song that I hope even people who don’t speak Spanish can enjoy.

Favorite lyric:

Si te falta vida yo te la daría

Si un día tú me faltas yo no sé que haría

Porque eres el principio y el final.

68. ALELUYA – REIK & MANUEL TURIZO

I hope you don't mind back-to-back Reik on this set. If Reik was the only artist on this song, then this song would be ranked higher than here. I really like Jesús Navarro’s voice, but Manuel Turizo didn't really need to be included in this. I don't think he ruins the song, but the song would've worked fine without him. The song has a stripped down arrangement that suits the romantic lyrics of the song. The song is about a guy in love with a girl who is with someone that doesn't appreciate her. He's telling her to just call him since he'll never leave her. It has a laid back feel to it, but it's a song I do happen to like whenever I do listen to it, mainly due to Reik's contribution here. It's a short, but sweet love song.

Favorite lyric:

Digan lo que digan yo a ti no te dejaré

No te dejaré sola.

67. ADORE YOU – HARRY STYLES

I’ve yet to listen to Harry Styles’s new album since his solo music can be hit-or-miss for me, but “Adore You” is a song I did happen to hear. I thought it was pretty good at first, but I grew to like it even more with more listens. It’s got a groovy feel to it, and I like the soulful vocals from Harry. He sounds very confident here and showcases his talent well. The catchy production alongside a great vocal delivery from Harry makes this a solid single release from him.

Favorite lyric:

You don't have to say you love me
I just wanna tell you something
Lately you've been on my mind.

66. LONDON BOY – TAYLOR SWIFT

It’s time for another Taylor Swift appearance on this countdown. “London Boy” isn’t a song I seek out to listen to much, but I still enjoy it whenever I listen to the Lover album in its entirety. It’s a fun and upbeat song; the production choices here make this quite a catchy tune. Plus, Taylor’s carefree delivery works well, too.  The song is about Taylor’s British boyfriend, and all the allusions to the London lifestyle in the lyrics are charming. Although not one of my most favorites on the album, I still like “London Boy” enough to place it here on the list.

Favorite lyric:

Like a child when our eyes meet

Darling, I fancy you.

65. YO TE EXTRAÑO – SEBASTIÁN YATRA

I originally had this song higher on the list, but there are still a lot of Sebastián Yatra songs left on this list (and I'm not even including all the songs he released in 2019). So, I think it’ll be better to spread them out a bit, so here’s “Yo Te Extraño.” The title translates to “I Miss You.” Lyrically, it’s a sentiment that has been expressed in countless songs, but I like the piano arrangement and Sebastián’s heartfelt delivery. I also like how the song slightly builds throughout the track and Sebastián shows off more vocally toward the end. Sebastián does a lot of upbeat collaborations that are popular, but he proves to be a strong balladeer on tracks like these.

Favorite lyric:

Fuiste una mentira en esta realidad
Y es un infierno quererte y no tenerte.

72. Wanted -

71. Catch -

70. Broken & Beautiful -

69. Eres Tú -

68. Aleluya -

67. Adore You -

66. London Boy -

65. Yo Te Extraño -

On 1/22/2020 at 12:26 AM, miss denise said:

Aww no, don't give up on the list. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif I'm glad it's continuing. :hug: 

80. Closer To You - I really like Carly's voice and love this song too.  The feel of it is so good. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

79. Her World Or Mine - It is cute you put them back to back. stuart.gif I really like this song as well. It's sad, but I like the creativity in the lyrics. bye2.gif 

78. Imposible - Like you on first listen, this is okay for me.

77. Sobrenatural - This one is also just okay for me for now, but could maybe be a grower.

76. Adicto - I've like Prince Royce songs before and don't mind this one. I think it could also grow on me. And wow at the storyline. :haha: Yikes. fear2.gif.7033c7e13ce052c5fafb193cfe7f96c3.gif 

75. In My Head - Not familiar with this song, but wow I really like it and his voice on first listen.  Did you ever feature songs from him before? I would like to hear more. 

74. The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost - Oh wow, this is so sad. :( Gosh, that's terrible what happened. I totally get your comments. I really like this song as well.

73. Before You Go - Oh, haven't heard this one, although I did listen to a lot of his other songs. I wish I heard this before. I really love the emotion he sings with and woww... this song is really powerful. bye2.gif I appreciate the meaning and agree with your comments. 

The hiatus that occurred while the forum was getting ready to reboot made me lose motivation, but I will finish this. 😁

80. I agree about the feel of the song.

79. Yeah, I thought it'd be fitting to put them back to back lol. And yes, I also like the creativity of the lyrics.

78. That's fair.

77. At least it could grow on you.

76. Yup, yikes at the storyline indeed. :haha:

75. Yup, I've featured him on a prior countdown before.

74. So sad indeed.

73. I agree it's powerful. He certainly sings with a lot of emotion.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:52 AM, *Chris said:

Will catch-up later, today! 

Okay! :thumbs:

80. Closer To You - NHT but this is a cute song. She sounds pretty and its a nice easy listening song. I pretty much agree with your whole commentary here. 

79. Her World Or Mine - Lol that is funny/cute that you put Carly and Michael back to back here. :haha: Ooh ok if tis was on your list last year than I have heard this before. I don’t completely remember it though.  This is a nice and emotional song and he sounds nice and delivers the lyrics/message of it in a sincere way.

78. Imposible - Thanks for explaining the message of the song, and wow what an interesting subect/storyline there. :lol: Anyway this song has a nice fun catchy sound and groove to it and I like the beat and his vocals. Cool song. I like Ozuna’s part too.

77. Sobrenatural - Of course I knew Alvaro would show up on here. :giggle: NHT but this is okay. I’m not really caring for the first guy that was singing on this but then when it got to Alvaro’s parts, I was liking this a lot more  - sooo I’m guessing I’m on the same page as you here. I like the lady on here too. Anyway it got better as it progressed.

76. Adicto - Ooh whoa Prince Royce & Marc Anthony did a song together? I had no idea but yay that’s really cool. 😮 This song does have a steamy sensual sound to it, which I would expect from the subject matter of the song, which is A LOT there… wow. But i like what both guys bring to the song  with their vocals and styles of singing - and agree that Prince Royce’s parts are more laid back with Marc’s belting but it’s a good mix.

75. In My Head - NHT, I think? But ah as you said he has a really impressive voice and i do really like his voice right from the start. This is a nice song and yeah really liking his vocals and his range here. I’d be interested in hearing other stuff from him.

74. The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost - Ooh I’m not too familiar with this. I guess I did hear about this on Kelly’s show but I can’t realy remember. Anyway, this is a very sad and heartbreaking song and I get you not listening to this too much  because of it being too sad. :( I can’t really listen to super sad songs that much and wow for a father or a parent to lose their child is really tough to go through. :( Really nice and touching song though.

73. Before You Go - Heard this song a few times but not super familiar with it but i am sure I will be within time. Ah I didn’t know the message of the song but ahh that is a very deep and tough subject matte there. :( Lewis does sing it with a lot of heartfelt raw emotion and vulnerability, which I would expect from him. Another good song from him.

I will catch up on the next set soon!

On 1/24/2020 at 11:52 PM, Steven_ said:

The hiatus that occurred while the forum was getting ready to reboot made me lose motivation, but I will finish this. 😁

Aww, I get that. :( But yay! w00t.gif

72. Wanted - I know I've heard this song, but I can't remember where and it's annoying me. :haha: This has a different sound for OneRepublic, and I do think it's a grower, but I also really like it hearing it again now. The message of the song is definitely relatable. Wow, this is under 2.5 minutes though. Why are songs getting shorter and shorter?

71. Catch - :wub:  It's interesting you say we didn't hear much from Brett in 2019 because his previous single, Here Tonight, hit #1 and was a big one for him this past year! I know it came out in fall 2018, but songs can take awhile to catch (no pun intended) on and I heard it on radio all the time in 2019. It hit #1 in April.  :yes: The album also only barely came out in 2018, so at least there are two singles from it so far.  I hope they're not done with it because I have some songs I really want them to release to radio. :broken: But I love this song and how they related the video to his first love of baseball. It's very fitting with the word "catch." I love the feel of this song. :wub: It's "catch"y. :giggle: It's sweet, cute, and all the things. I wish I heard this one on radio more like his other singles, but I still listened to a lot on my own, and am glad you like it too.  And oops, I wrote a novel.

70. Broken & Beautiful - Love this song from Kelly too. I also haven't seen UglyDolls, but am curious to. Her little character is so cute. :haha: Anyway, love the empowering message of the song and the feel of it matches too. Kelly's vocals are fantastic, as always. I don't think I knew P!nk wrote on this, but that's cool.

69. Eres Tú - Not familiar with this, but I do really like the vocals and melody. ❤️ I don't know what they're saying, but I still enjoy it a lot. It has a sweet and romantic sound.

68. Aleluya - I prefer the previous song, but don't mind this one. It does have a nice sound as well. :bobo: 

67. Adore You - This is probably my favorite song from the album! I'm glad it became a single and seems to be taking off. I agree with your thoughts on the grooviness and the great vocals. ❤️ 

66. London Boy - One of my many favorites from the album as well. :haha: So fun, catchy, and cute! The lyric you quoted is my favorite as well, along with the "He likes my American smile" right before it. I just love that whole part and the song in general. :bobo:  It's infectious. 

65. Yo Te Extraño - I don't know what he's saying, but I can hear the emotion in his voice and he sounds very good.

72. Wanted - NHT but liking this on first listen. It has a cool and slick sound to it. And yeah Ryan does sound good as usual. The song has a relatable message to it and yeah enjoying it although not a top favorite of mine from them.

71. Catch - Ooh I heard about this one but oh i didn’t remember him having a baby. Maybe I id know but forgot. Ooh aww i do like the message of the song and wow it’s crazy how a story like that can happen. Aw yes i knew about the music video and his story behind it. Shame about his baseball career ending due to injury but at least he has music. This is a nice song and he sounds nice on this.

70. Broken & Beautiful - Omgg yah that first sentence kinda reminds me of myself. I kinda completely forgot about this and feel bad about that. :ph34rwave: I remember hearing this quite a bit earlier in the year. Kelly sounds great as always and provides a great message in the song. Interesting how you prefer the verses over the chorus. Ooh yess i can totally hear P!nk on this song so yeah def not surprising she has co-writing credits on this.

69. Eres Tú - NHT but awww this is a nice sweet love song. They provide nice vocals and emotion here and yeah I agree wit you that it is very soothing. Overall it’s not doing too much or standing out too much for me but it’s nice and easy listening to. I do appreciate the sentiment of it.

68. Aleluya - NHT but omgg lmaoooo at your Manuel Turizo shade of how he didn’t need to be on this and how the song would have been fine without him. Oh my. :lmao: Anyway I am liking tis song well enough and it’s standing out more to me than Reik’s previous song here Nice song.

67. Adore You - I’m hearing this song a lot on the radio right now and am currently really liking it. Yea I agree with you that Harry’s music can be kinda hit or miss for me but AY does stand out in a good way for me. It’s still a song that is still growing on me but I like the funkier groovier sound here. It’s very different from what I would expect from Harry but hoping he goes more in this direction. Never saw the video until now so yay glad I get to see it here.

66. London Boy - NHT (in full, but think i heard clips) but I have heard aout tis song and the subject matter of it when this was out. This is a cute and enjoyable song. It’s a cute love song and yeah it has a nice carefree feel t it. I do like all of the London/British references she makes in this song.

65. Yo Te Extraño - Whoa your opening Sebastian comments and this has me curious how many songs of his are on your list and how much he has released. 😮 This song has a very sincere and heartfelt/heartbreaking feel to it. It’s def very emotions sounding and Sebastian delivers a strong and sincere vocal here. I can’t really remember hearing this softer side of him as I’m more used to his faster fun songs but tis is very nice - and yea proves he can do well with ballads.

64. WHO DO YOU LOVE – THE CHAINSMOKERS & 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER

“Who Do You Love” by The Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer was a song I liked more than I expected to. I believe I first heard this song when they performed it on a late night talk show. The lyrics are about a man suspecting his girlfriend is cheating on him. I like the arrangement of the song, and 5 Seconds of Summer deliver a solid vocal. Although, I think the song could’ve been fine without the EDM parts at the end of the chorus. Nonetheless, it’s a catchy song that I enjoy listening to. I remember hearing this song quite a bit on the radio, but I’m unsure how big of a hit it was.

Favorite part:
You ain't gotta make it easy, where you been sleeping?
This sh*t is keeping me up at night, just admit it.

63. SAY GOODBYE - RYLAND JAMES

Ryland James makes another appearance on this list, this time with “Say Goodbye.” Ryland has a soulful and impressive voice, and he showcases his range effectively on this song. I like the production on this track, but Ryland’s vocals are what sells the song for me. He sounds great from beginning to end here. He takes his time and delivers a smooth and emotional vocal performance. It’s not a song I listened to a lot, but it’s one I always enjoy when I do happen to hear it.

Favorite lyric:
Baby, I don't want to wait forever
I don't know what else to do 
But say goodbye to you.

62. GOOD TO YOU - RYLAND JAMES

I kept going back and forth between “Say Goodbye” and “Good To You” on which song I prefer, so that’s why they appear back-to-back on this set. Ultimately, I decided I like “Good To You” better. It’s very similar to “Say Goodbye,” but I like the lyrics better here. Ryland sings with a lot of sincerity here, too. And as I mentioned previously, Ryland has an impressive, soulful voice. “Good To You” is also a song I featured on my music list before, but it shows up again this year since this was apparently released as a proper single in 2019.

Favorite lyric:
The thought of your love is enough to give me the answers.

61. 11 PM - MALUMA

“11 PM” is a song that had to grow on me. It was a song I didn’t care for when I first listened to it, but I’ve grown to appreciate it now. The song is basically about Maluma telling this girl that she would be much better with him than with this other guy. This song is a bit more low-key as it doesn’t have a super fast rhythm, but it’s still catchy at the same time (if that makes any sense). It’s not one of my most favorite Maluma songs from his entire discography thus far, but it’s one I still like enough to rank at this spot on the list.

Favorite part:
Bebé, cómo hacerte entender
Que conmigo tú te ves mejor

Que en mi carro tú te ves mejor.

60. ALL TO MYSELF - DAN + SHAY

Dan + Shay gained even more success after the release of “Tequila,” and they managed to keep the momentum going with their follow-up singles. One of those singles is “All To Myself,” which ranks within my Top 60 of 2019. “All To Myself” has an infectious, upbeat melody that makes this song an earworm. That chorus is especially enjoyable. It’s a super catchy song with solid vocals and a great arrangement. It’s just a fun and pleasant song.

Favorite lyric:
I want you all to myself
We don't need anyone else
Let our bodies do the talking
Let our shadows paint the wall.

59. HEARTBREAK - HUNTER HAYES

“Heartbreak” by Hunter Hayes is a song I featured on my 2019 music preview last year, and here it finally is. Like the previous song on this set, the song comes alive in the chorus. Nonetheless, I like the lyrics in the verses too. It’s a song about going through another break-up yet staying positive that the one you’re meant to be with is still out there to find. The arrangement captures the optimism of the lyrics, too. It’s got a catchy melody, and Hunter’s delivery is excellent too. I hope Denise appreciates seeing this song here.

Favorite lyric:
But if it gets me to you, then it ain't wasted time
With every, "So close, " I'm closer to the rest of my life.

58. 4 MESES - MYA & DVICIO 

I mentioned earlier that DVICIO only had one appearance on this list this year, but I was mistaken as they are the featured artist on this song by MYA (and this is the first time I featured MYA on any of my lists). The song title translates to “4 Months.” The song is about a girl spending four months getting over a heartbreak, but now she’s ready to go out on a first date with a new guy. So, the two artists here are singing the song from that guy’s point of view. I like the contributions from both MYA and DVICIO here. Their smooth delivery works with the rhythmic arrangement of the song. I especially like the sound of the chorus of this song. 

Favorite part:
Por eso fuimos a bailar
Y terminamos en un bar
Yo le agarré la mano
Luego nos besamos
Y los dos nos dejamos llevar.

57. DUELE - REIK, WISIN & YANDEL

Here’s a song I originally had lower on the list, but I kept moving it up after additional listens. Alas, it falls here on the list. Still, this is a song that would've been ranked higher if Reik was the only artist on here. I would be interested in hearing a version of this song without Wisin & Yandel. Jesús Navarro has a terrific voice (as I already mentioned on the previous Reik songs on this list), so the Reik parts of this song are my favorite. As for the translation, “Duele” means “It Hurts.” It’s basically about going through a heartbreak after a relationship has ended. Even though Reik is my favorite part of this song, the contribution from duo Wisin & Yandel don’t ruin the song for me. Their parts are still catchy, but the song would still work well without them.

Favorite lyric:
Si tan solo no pensara siempre en ti
Tu recuerdo no me atormentara tanto.

56. KINFOLKS - SAM HUNT

Shame on Sam Hunt for his scandal; hopefully he learned his lesson and won’t do anything so stupid like that again. Sam Hunt takes a long time to release new music, and he finally released “Kinfolks” (and his second album should be out in 2020 too). Although not one of Sam’s best songs, I still like “Kinfolks.” The vibe is like his past songs as he sing-talks the verses, but he properly sings the chorus. The song is about wanting to take a significant other back home to meet his family. The chorus is my favorite part of the song, especially how the instrumentation drops out until Sam sings the title lyric. His faster vocal delivery there with the upbeat arrangement works well, too. 

Favorite lyric:
Where I thought I knew it all before I knew what love was
Gave up on it, but, honey, you got my hopes up.

55. CONFETTI - GONE WEST

Colbie Caillat is now part of a music group with her fiancé Justin Young and friends Jason Reeves and Nelly Joy. All four of them have had success in music, so it was cool to see them form a country group. “Confetti” is the first song of theirs to appear on this list. The song is about being happy about a break-up instead of sad. I think if anyone were to end a relationship, then this is the feeling they wish they could have about it. The song certainly has a blissfulness to it, and the band harmonizes well here. Colbie is the standout though. I like the lyrics here, especially the part I highlighted below. Instead of needing a mop to wipe the tears away, she’s using a broom to sweep away the confetti. It’s a charming and upbeat song, and I hope the best for Gone West in their new musical endeavor.

Favorite lyric:
Don't need a mop, I'm using a broom.

64. Who Do You Love -
63. Say Goodbye -
62. Good To You -
61. 11 PM -
60. All To Myself -
59. Heartbreak -
58. 4 Meses -
57. Duele -
56. Kinfolks -
55. Confetti -

Edited by Steven_

On 1/26/2020 at 12:31 PM, *Wallace said:

80. Closer To You - NHT but this is a cute song. She sounds pretty and its a nice easy listening song. I pretty much agree with your whole commentary here. 

79. Her World Or Mine - Lol that is funny/cute that you put Carly and Michael back to back here. :haha: Ooh ok if tis was on your list last year than I have heard this before. I don’t completely remember it though.  This is a nice and emotional song and he sounds nice and delivers the lyrics/message of it in a sincere way.

78. Imposible - Thanks for explaining the message of the song, and wow what an interesting subect/storyline there. :lol: Anyway this song has a nice fun catchy sound and groove to it and I like the beat and his vocals. Cool song. I like Ozuna’s part too.

77. Sobrenatural - Of course I knew Alvaro would show up on here. :giggle: NHT but this is okay. I’m not really caring for the first guy that was singing on this but then when it got to Alvaro’s parts, I was liking this a lot more  - sooo I’m guessing I’m on the same page as you here. I like the lady on here too. Anyway it got better as it progressed.

76. Adicto - Ooh whoa Prince Royce & Marc Anthony did a song together? I had no idea but yay that’s really cool. 😮 This song does have a steamy sensual sound to it, which I would expect from the subject matter of the song, which is A LOT there… wow. But i like what both guys bring to the song  with their vocals and styles of singing - and agree that Prince Royce’s parts are more laid back with Marc’s belting but it’s a good mix.

75. In My Head - NHT, I think? But ah as you said he has a really impressive voice and i do really like his voice right from the start. This is a nice song and yeah really liking his vocals and his range here. I’d be interested in hearing other stuff from him.

74. The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost - Ooh I’m not too familiar with this. I guess I did hear about this on Kelly’s show but I can’t realy remember. Anyway, this is a very sad and heartbreaking song and I get you not listening to this too much  because of it being too sad. :( I can’t really listen to super sad songs that much and wow for a father or a parent to lose their child is really tough to go through. :( Really nice and touching song though.

73. Before You Go - Heard this song a few times but not super familiar with it but i am sure I will be within time. Ah I didn’t know the message of the song but ahh that is a very deep and tough subject matte there. :( Lewis does sing it with a lot of heartfelt raw emotion and vulnerability, which I would expect from him. Another good song from him.

I will catch up on the next set soon!

80. Yay for agreement!

79. That's okay if you don't remember it. It sure is an emotional song.

78. I'm glad you like this one.

77. I guess we are on the same page here. 😄

76. Yup, they did a song together and now you know. 🙃 I like what they both bring to the song, too.

75. Impressive voice indeed.

74. Very heartbreaking.

73. I agree with your thoughts here, too. 

On 1/27/2020 at 12:53 AM, miss denise said:

Aww, I get that. :( But yay! w00t.gif

72. Wanted - I know I've heard this song, but I can't remember where and it's annoying me. :haha: This has a different sound for OneRepublic, and I do think it's a grower, but I also really like it hearing it again now. The message of the song is definitely relatable. Wow, this is under 2.5 minutes though. Why are songs getting shorter and shorter?

71. Catch - :wub:  It's interesting you say we didn't hear much from Brett in 2019 because his previous single, Here Tonight, hit #1 and was a big one for him this past year! I know it came out in fall 2018, but songs can take awhile to catch (no pun intended) on and I heard it on radio all the time in 2019. It hit #1 in April.  :yes: The album also only barely came out in 2018, so at least there are two singles from it so far.  I hope they're not done with it because I have some songs I really want them to release to radio. :broken: But I love this song and how they related the video to his first love of baseball. It's very fitting with the word "catch." I love the feel of this song. :wub: It's "catch"y. :giggle: It's sweet, cute, and all the things. I wish I heard this one on radio more like his other singles, but I still listened to a lot on my own, and am glad you like it too.  And oops, I wrote a novel.

70. Broken & Beautiful - Love this song from Kelly too. I also haven't seen UglyDolls, but am curious to. Her little character is so cute. :haha: Anyway, love the empowering message of the song and the feel of it matches too. Kelly's vocals are fantastic, as always. I don't think I knew P!nk wrote on this, but that's cool.

69. Eres Tú - Not familiar with this, but I do really like the vocals and melody. ❤️ I don't know what they're saying, but I still enjoy it a lot. It has a sweet and romantic sound.

68. Aleluya - I prefer the previous song, but don't mind this one. It does have a nice sound as well. :bobo: 

67. Adore You - This is probably my favorite song from the album! I'm glad it became a single and seems to be taking off. I agree with your thoughts on the grooviness and the great vocals. ❤️ 

66. London Boy - One of my many favorites from the album as well. :haha: So fun, catchy, and cute! The lyric you quoted is my favorite as well, along with the "He likes my American smile" right before it. I just love that whole part and the song in general. :bobo:  It's infectious. 

65. Yo Te Extraño - I don't know what he's saying, but I can hear the emotion in his voice and he sounds very good.

72. I wonder where you did hear this one before. Relatable message indeed.

71. That's true that singles can take a while to climb to #1 on the country charts, so kudos to Brett on another #1 single. True that he did release an album in 2018, too. That's cool you love this song! I agree with your thoughts here, too.

70. Yup, I agree with you here as well. She does sound fantastic.

69. That's nice you still found this enjoyable even though you don't understand what they're saying.

68. That's fair. And I'm glad you like it enough to use the :bobo:smiley!

67. Ooh, that's neat this is your favorite song on the album. This is my favorite Harry song thus far, so I wouldn't be surprised if this remains my favorite after listening to the album too.

66. Fun, catchy, and cute indeed. :yes: Yes, I like the "American smile" lyric as well. It sure is an infectious song.

65. I'm glad you think so!

11 hours ago, *Wallace said:

72. Wanted - NHT but liking this on first listen. It has a cool and slick sound to it. And yeah Ryan does sound good as usual. The song has a relatable message to it and yeah enjoying it although not a top favorite of mine from them.

71. Catch - Ooh I heard about this one but oh i didn’t remember him having a baby. Maybe I id know but forgot. Ooh aww i do like the message of the song and wow it’s crazy how a story like that can happen. Aw yes i knew about the music video and his story behind it. Shame about his baseball career ending due to injury but at least he has music. This is a nice song and he sounds nice on this.

70. Broken & Beautiful - Omgg yah that first sentence kinda reminds me of myself. I kinda completely forgot about this and feel bad about that. :ph34rwave: I remember hearing this quite a bit earlier in the year. Kelly sounds great as always and provides a great message in the song. Interesting how you prefer the verses over the chorus. Ooh yess i can totally hear P!nk on this song so yeah def not surprising she has co-writing credits on this.

69. Eres Tú - NHT but awww this is a nice sweet love song. They provide nice vocals and emotion here and yeah I agree wit you that it is very soothing. Overall it’s not doing too much or standing out too much for me but it’s nice and easy listening to. I do appreciate the sentiment of it.

68. Aleluya - NHT but omgg lmaoooo at your Manuel Turizo shade of how he didn’t need to be on this and how the song would have been fine without him. Oh my. :lmao: Anyway I am liking tis song well enough and it’s standing out more to me than Reik’s previous song here Nice song.

67. Adore You - I’m hearing this song a lot on the radio right now and am currently really liking it. Yea I agree with you that Harry’s music can be kinda hit or miss for me but AY does stand out in a good way for me. It’s still a song that is still growing on me but I like the funkier groovier sound here. It’s very different from what I would expect from Harry but hoping he goes more in this direction. Never saw the video until now so yay glad I get to see it here.

66. London Boy - NHT (in full, but think i heard clips) but I have heard aout tis song and the subject matter of it when this was out. This is a cute and enjoyable song. It’s a cute love song and yeah it has a nice carefree feel t it. I do like all of the London/British references she makes in this song.

65. Yo Te Extraño - Whoa your opening Sebastian comments and this has me curious how many songs of his are on your list and how much he has released. 😮 This song has a very sincere and heartfelt/heartbreaking feel to it. It’s def very emotions sounding and Sebastian delivers a strong and sincere vocal here. I can’t really remember hearing this softer side of him as I’m more used to his faster fun songs but tis is very nice - and yea proves he can do well with ballads.

72. Cool and slick sound to it indeed.

71. Nice song indeed!

70. No worries, 'cause I completely forgot about it for the majority of the year too. I agree with your thoughts, and true that the P!nk influence is clear in here.

69. It sure is a sweet love song. That's okay if it doesn't stand out too much.

68. I didn't mean to shade him too bad, but it is what I think though. 😅 And yup, it's a nice song.

67. That's cool you're hearing it a lot on the radio these days. Neat that we also share similar thoughts on Harry's music and that this song is growing on you with more listens. And I actually linked the abridged version of the music video. Apparently the original goes on for nearly 8 minutes with that fish story.

66. Interesting how you already knew of this song, but this is your first time listening to it in full. I like all the references too.

65. He did release an album in 2019, as well as collaborate with multiple artists on a lot of different songs. So, that's why there's so many. But yes, I'm glad you hear the sincerity here and think he delivers a strong vocal.

64. Who Do You Love -  I wouldn't expect you to like this song so much either, but I am glad you do! This is really catchy and I love all the parts of it. :bobo: I heard this a ton on the radio, so I want to say it did pretty well. 
63. Say Goodbye - Oh yay, I get to hear more from him! 😄  I really love his voice and agree his vocals and delivery really sell this song. I'm going to need to listen to more of him on my own because I really like what I've heard here. :yes: 
62. Good To You - Another one! 😄 I must have head this last year, but don't remember it well, so glad I get to hear again here and now. Hearing the two songs back to back, I do think I prefer the previous song, but would have to listen to both several times to know for sure. His voice is just so good on both.
61. 11 PM - This isn't doing much for me on first listen, but could maybe grow on me like it did for you. It's okay for me for now.
60. All To Myself - LOVEE this song. :wub: I completely agree with your comments. I love the infectious, feel good melody of this, and their vocals are perfect as always. :bobo:❤️ 
59. Heartbreak - :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:  Of course I LOVE! :spaz:❤️❤️❤️ I remember you posting this on you music preview last year, and was so happy to see it then, and even more so to see it here on the actual list! I just love the creativity of the lyrics, as he sings about the heartbreak being a positive thing and every one leads him closer and closer. The song is so catchy! I love the whole thing, but the chorus is the best and so addicting. :bobo: Love your comments on this! ❤️ "I hope Denise appreciates seeing this song here." YAY I got a shout-out! bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif :wub: You know I do! :hug::ohyeah:❤️ 

58. 4 Meses - Interesting concept with them singing from their perspective about the girl's situation! 😮 I'm curious to actually understand the lyrics, so too bad I can't. :haha: But I like the feel of this. :bobo:  Oh and some of those guys are cute. :giggle: 
57. Duele - This is also okay for me on first listen. I think the guy's voice I like best is the one you're referring to? At 3:06? I really like that part a lot, but the rest could grow on me. It has a fun sound.
56. Kinfolks - Finally! Well, I guess I can reserve that word for when he actually releases another album. :haha: But yeah, nice to have a new song from him. I love this and agree with all you said about the arrangement and chorus. This sounds like quintessential Sam and I love it.
55. Confetti - Oh yay, I know Gone West too! 😄  Well, I only head one song of theirs so far, but I need to hear more! I love Colbie's voice and the feel of this song is really good and joyful. :bobo: I like it.

80. Closer To You - Not my absolute favorite of hers but it's still very good and she keeps growing and getting better. Excited for more from her. 

79. Her World Or Mine - Really like this one, I like his softer ones.

78. Imposible - Luis Fonsi has more than two songs? This is alright I guess but not my taste. 

77. Sobrenatural - Really liking this one on first listen actually; pretty catchy! Alvaro sounds good as well! And yes we were all waiting for an appearance lol. 

76. Adicto - Eh this one was ok. 

75. In My Head - Song is a bit uninteresting but he has a great voice. 

74. The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost - I'm not all that familiar with his music despite being a country fan, but this is good on first listen! And if I get obsessed with a song I have no problems ranking it high. 

73. Before You Go - Love this, reminds me of one James Arthur's dark songs like Suicide.

Will catch up on the rest later.

88. DOSIS: Not my cup of tea, unfortunately. 

87. Lonely If You Are: This song is okay but not a big fan of male country; better than most of the songs male country release though.

86. Joanna I enjoyed this but not her best

85. Die From A Broken Heart This is a song that grew on me, a lot. I hope them going on tour with Carrie will revamp their career

84. Almost Heaven Stunning song, loved it from the moment I heard it.

83. Calico I enjoy this one. 

82. Runnin' From My Roots This is a nice song but nothing too special

81. Glorious Love Ella and enjoy this song; hope to get a full length album in 2020!