Survivor: Winners at War

Raphy

I'd bet any amount of money Rich was gonna be on WAW until the Dan stuff happened and the producers remembered the All-Stars situation and had to cut him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case

I was also wondering how is the nude policy nowadays on survivor. I think the last season when we saw a contestant naked was on World’s Apart

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case

I was also wondering how is the nude policy nowadays on survivor. I think the last season when we saw a contestant naked was on World’s Apart

JP in HHH. But they’re allowed to be naked. (I mean, they kind of have to be at some point.) but I don’t think they’re allowed to do it during challenges anymore.

I'd bet any amount of money Rich was gonna be on WAW until the Dan stuff happened and the producers remembered the All-Stars situation and had to cut him.

Hatch has pretty much all but said that was the case. He was told he was playing and then they told him nevermind not too long before they were do to head out.

THE "PARVATI SHALLOW IS BACK, BITCHES" POST

Hometown: Atlanta
Current Residence: Los Angeles

Previous Seasons: SURVIVOR: Cook Islands (Season 13/Aired 2006); Winner of SURVIVOR: Fans vs. Favorites (Season 16/Aired 2008); SURVIVOR: Heroes vs. Villains (Season 20/Aired 2010)

i_gSair_F08
we're just gonna ignore her Spradlinbot praise

Inspiration in Life: One time I met a man in the Atlanta airport who had two prosthetic legs. He was in a wheelchair and traveling with an infant and his toddler — and zero support crew. He was smiling. That man blew my mind.
Hobbies: Posting photos of my baby on Instagram and yoga retreats.
Pet Peeves: Heavy breathing
3 Words to Describe You: SURVIVOR champion goddess
When Did You First Watch SURVIVOR: When Stephanie LaGrossa crushed Palau (:wub:)
Do You Still Watch SURVIVOR: I do

IPB Image

What Does Survivor Mean to You/Your Family: Survivor is my family. My husband competed on Season 29, and I thought he was cute when I saw him on TV. Then we met in real life at a Grassroot Soccer charity soccer tournament hosted by Ethan Zohn, winner of SURVIVOR Africa. And, now we have a SURVIVOR baby. It’s kind of absurd really.

What is One Way That Playing SURVIVOR Changed Your Life? It opened up the competitive beast within, and it also gave me the opportunity to host TV shows, travel around the world as a journalist and take pics with really excited fans at airports. I played three seasons when I was in my 20s and then processed my experiences for the last decade. I think the main reason that I am able to help people with my work as a life coach and yoga teacher is because I came through such intense experiences playing and winning SURVIVOR and then afterwards with the criticism and reality TV fame. I know what it’s like to go after a goal with everything I have. I know in my bones how hard it is to be judged and found lacking. I know the sting of betrayal, and I also know that miracles happen all the time. No matter what it looks like, there is a way through every block.

IPB ImageIPB Image

As SURVIVOR Approaches Season 40 and Celebrates 20 Years on Television, What Does it Mean to be a Part of this Legacy: I am pumped. I thought I was done, but this opportunity to compete with the best of the best is too good to pass up. The game has changed. It’s faster, more complex and people are bolder. I’m excited to get into this more dynamic arena and win a totally new game.

How Will You Play SURVIVOR Differently This Season than Your Previous Season(s): I’m sure I will be targeted again right away, like I was on Heroes vs. Villains. So, this time I will have to take into consideration that I may be on the outside looking in at first. There also may be some people playing with me that I have history with — probably not good history — and I will have to clear my mind and see them as totally new, like we’re meeting for the first time. I plan to be more aggressive and sneaky in hunting idols, distributing misinformation, letting other people lead and take credit, and really play up that I’m a new mom. I’m definitely not in as good of physical shape as I was the last few times I played, but I have a new stamina and capacity that comes from knowing that I can survive six months of sleep deprivation with a newborn. And, I know that I can connect with people in a completely different way as a mother.

IPB Image

I thought Kim might be okay since it's been a while since she won, but almost everyone is mentioning her as having played the strongest single game ever :shiver:
I'm not surprised. Her winning game wasn't really all that different from other winners, but because that cast was so terrible, she came out of it looking like some sort of Survivor God in comparison.

Sabrina deserved, though.

I'm not surprised. Her winning game wasn't really all that different from other winners, but because that cast was so terrible, she came out of it looking like some sort of Survivor God in comparison.

Sabrina deserved, though.

I'm no Kim stan, but this is an ice cold take. Kim's winning game is immaculate. The best winning game in Survivor history.

I'm no Kim stan, but this is an ice cold take. Kim's winning game is immaculate. The best winning game in Survivor history.
I don’t really agree. I think she’s a good winner regardless of how I feel about her, but she was playing with a bunch of people who were terrible at Survivor. Kudos for being able to run that season the way she did, but I wouldn’t put it near the top of winner journeys. I mean, Danni spent the entire merge in the minority, Denise legit had to survive every trivia in her season, etc.

But I think she is a threat level coming into WaW so I’d love to see how she does with an entire cast of competent players.

Finally watched all the videos.

Sophie and Michele calling out the streak of male winners. Feminist icons. :wub:

Sandra unintentionally shading Rob winning on his fourth try. :wub:

Danni still not revealing her strategy on camera. :dead:

Preliminary ranking based solely off how I like them, don't @ me:

01. Parvati Shallow - Queen.

02. Nick Wilson - Don't @ me.

03. Denise Stapley - Legit shook she's playing again. One of my all-time favourite winning runs, tbh.

04. Sandra Diaz-Twine

05. Sophie Clarke - I think she'll play the most different. She seems like an entirely different person in her interviews.

06. Controverchele Fitzlegend - I hope she spends the entire season calling out Jeff Probst.

07. Adam Klein - "I have to hide that I'm freaking out playing with all these legends." ME

08. Ben Driebergen - Friendly reminder he slayed Chrissy :wub:

09. Natalie Anderson - She played a great game, I'm just being petty about her blindsiding Jon.

10. Ethan Zohn - He wasn't one of my top favourites in Africa, but he's one of the few inspirational stories that actually gets to me so I hope he goes far.

11. Yul Kwon - Curious to see how he does since it's been so long since his first season and there's HOPEFULLY not a God Idol this time around.

12. Jeremy Collins - I hope we get SJDS!Jeremy back over Cambodia!Jeremy tbh

13. Danni Boatwright - At least Guatemala finally got a returning player? Stephenie doesn't count.

14. Tyson Apostol - I like him more off Survivor than on Survivor tbh.

15. Sarah Lacina - Her winning game was legit sans the fact that she was pretty much guaranteed merge since she wasn't a big name but I'm just whatever on seeing her again.

16. Amber Mariano - I hope Rob goes first because I don't need both of them on my TV and I'd rather see her play the first time in 32 seasons.

17. Kim Spradlin - Yawn.

18. Wendell Holland - :x

19. Tony Vlachos - :x

20. Rob Mariano - u g h

I don’t really agree. I think she’s a good winner regardless of how I feel about her, but she was playing with a bunch of people who were terrible at Survivor. Kudos for being able to run that season the way she did, but I wouldn’t put it near the top of winner journeys. I mean, Danni spent the entire merge in the minority, Denise legit had to survive every trivia in her season, etc.

But I think she is a threat level coming into WaW so I’d love to see how she does with an entire cast of competent players.

Danni lacking agency and Denise lacking luck doesn't impress me as much as Kim having it all. I'm talking about game vs. player. Maybe Kim ends up in the minority and flops with her back against the wall. But as a singular game, no one has done it like Kim.

That's fair. I just see it a different way. :haha: If I was to personally say what I think was the single best winning game, I'd probably go with Tina in Australia, especially given what we've learned about her game that didn't make the air. But Survivor has also changed so much since then that it's hard to compare it to a modern season.

THE "PARVATI SHALLOW IS BACK, BITCHES" POST

Hometown: Atlanta

Current Residence: Los Angeles

Previous Seasons: SURVIVOR: Cook Islands (Season 13/Aired 2006); Winner of SURVIVOR: Fans vs. Favorites (Season 16/Aired 2008); SURVIVOR: Heroes vs. Villains (Season 20/Aired 2010)

i_gSair_F08

we're just gonna ignore her Spradlinbot praise

Inspiration in Life: One time I met a man in the Atlanta airport who had two prosthetic legs. He was in a wheelchair and traveling with an infant and his toddler — and zero support crew. He was smiling. That man blew my mind.

Hobbies: Posting photos of my baby on Instagram and yoga retreats.

Pet Peeves: Heavy breathing

3 Words to Describe You: SURVIVOR champion goddess

When Did You First Watch SURVIVOR: When Stephanie LaGrossa crushed Palau (:wub:)

Do You Still Watch SURVIVOR: I do

IPB Image

What Does Survivor Mean to You/Your Family: Survivor is my family. My husband competed on Season 29, and I thought he was cute when I saw him on TV. Then we met in real life at a Grassroot Soccer charity soccer tournament hosted by Ethan Zohn, winner of SURVIVOR Africa. And, now we have a SURVIVOR baby. It’s kind of absurd really.

What is One Way That Playing SURVIVOR Changed Your Life? It opened up the competitive beast within, and it also gave me the opportunity to host TV shows, travel around the world as a journalist and take pics with really excited fans at airports. I played three seasons when I was in my 20s and then processed my experiences for the last decade. I think the main reason that I am able to help people with my work as a life coach and yoga teacher is because I came through such intense experiences playing and winning SURVIVOR and then afterwards with the criticism and reality TV fame. I know what it’s like to go after a goal with everything I have. I know in my bones how hard it is to be judged and found lacking. I know the sting of betrayal, and I also know that miracles happen all the time. No matter what it looks like, there is a way through every block.

IPB ImageIPB Image

As SURVIVOR Approaches Season 40 and Celebrates 20 Years on Television, What Does it Mean to be a Part of this Legacy: I am pumped. I thought I was done, but this opportunity to compete with the best of the best is too good to pass up. The game has changed. It’s faster, more complex and people are bolder. I’m excited to get into this more dynamic arena and win a totally new game.

How Will You Play SURVIVOR Differently This Season than Your Previous Season(s): I’m sure I will be targeted again right away, like I was on Heroes vs. Villains. So, this time I will have to take into consideration that I may be on the outside looking in at first. There also may be some people playing with me that I have history with — probably not good history — and I will have to clear my mind and see them as totally new, like we’re meeting for the first time. I plan to be more aggressive and sneaky in hunting idols, distributing misinformation, letting other people lead and take credit, and really play up that I’m a new mom. I’m definitely not in as good of physical shape as I was the last few times I played, but I have a new stamina and capacity that comes from knowing that I can survive six months of sleep deprivation with a newborn. And, I know that I can connect with people in a completely different way as a mother.

IPB Image

:wub: :wub:

Also I can't fid a properly sized photo but damn Yul.

Yes papi. :icecream: