Wally's Favorite Songs of 2019!

*Wallace

...Imagine putting a Lizzo song this low. :x

Don't be disappointed in me, as this will be her only appearance. :'(

Or maybe not.

this set is really testing my will power to comment. :)

WHY DO YOU SAY THAT? :angry:There's still lots of female artists posted on this set.

Just comment on mine instead they have way more Fifi approved songs :haha:

Nope.

Still comment on mine, 45.

- Nooooooo you do not. :no: I: do.

- There are songs I do hear from you first but not every new/non-single applies to that.

- Mhmmm you’re welcome. Yep. Although in the examples we used, one song blew up right away while the other song would blow up later - so it felt like separate singles, kinda. “XO” was released as the single to Pop radio, but DIL got really popular overall in sales and other radio formats, which killed off XO.

- No I thougt there was a “steady (can’t remember the word?), are you ready?” in there too. I wasn’t thinking of the “I don’t think you’re ready” parts.

Oooh oops, mee. I did see it and thought it was cute and funny. :haha: YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. I’m still sleeping. :bobo: Although gah gotta get these clues and try to finalize the order of this set. Will be up shortly.

- How do you have too many songs, and I don't, when I have way more than you? :unsure:

- I wanted you to hear *this* one first from me.

- Oooh... I don't remember that. Ah okay, I never remember hearing XO on the radio, but oh yikes I see.

- That is the same part I named from Little Mix. :unsure: What are you thinking of from DC then if not that? :unsure:

Okay yay. I'm still ready. :santa:

107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini:” Ooooh I see what clue this was for. I don't know why I didn't think of him, but I know and heard this song several times. Not really my favorite, but it's okay. I know his other one is really short and omg this is under two minutes? Wow.

106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI): I heard of this song, but not the artists and didn't remember who they were. I never actually heard this though... and listening to it, it does seem Post Malone isn't really a fitting title. I would think more like Never Going Home, and I just saw you said something similiar. I kind of like this on first listen and it could grow on me.

105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown): Yesss I figured it was this song. I was surprised about this collaboration too, especially when I started seeing it on AT40. But yay Kane! I am happy. :D I really like this and the part you named. :bobo:

104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana): Of course I was wrong. I don't know this song... but maybe I remember this from AT40 if it was listed because I think I remember seeing a song with this title. I didn't think I heard it before, but listening now... maybe I have? I'm not sure. The chorus does sound a bit familiar, especially that "walkin out the door" part. Hmm. But I kind of like this.

103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON:” Never heard of this before. It's not really for me, but is interesting with the kind of reggae sound.

102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott): I have no familiarity with this song, except of course I heard it on SYTYCD and liked it there. I didn't know it was a single though and didn't hear it around like some of her other songs. omg some those lyrics you quoted are so dirty. :fear: I don't think I knew Missy Elliott was on this song, but I do kind of like this or the vibe of it.

101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love:” Your Alessia comment. :bye2: I don't think I included this on my list before, but I do like this song. I didn't listen to it too much but agree with your comments. It is really pretty, yet sad, and I always love her voice.

"And now we have finally reached the Top 100!" Finally? You posted two sets. :lmao:

- Another song from an artist that has showed up on this set: I don't know, Wally. I guess another Nicki song or Alessia? But then maybe she won't show up again since you don't like much of her recent music. Could be another song featuring Marshmello.

- Two members who were from the same music group - but make solo appearances with their respective songs: This makes me think of One Direction. I don't really know what songs... Niall Horan - Nice to Meet Ya and ?? Liam or Harry. Not sure about the other two. Maybe Fifth Harmony... could be Ally and Camila songs. I think Normani's only appearances will be much higher, unless there's another song I don't know about. Not sure which songs from Ally or Camila, but that may be my better guess here.

- Two songs that starts off with the same word. One from a popular female singer and the other from a band that once appeared in my Top 10 on a previous songs list: I can't look up your previous lists to remember who all made your Top 10s. :closedeyes: I can only come up with bad guy by Billie Eilish and Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons. I don't know.

- An artist who had a big breakthrough year - and makes their first appearance with this song: This also could be Billie Eilish.

- How do you have too many songs, and I don't, when I have way more than you? :unsure:

- I wanted you to hear *this* one first from me.

- Oooh... I don't remember that. Ah okay, I never remember hearing XO on the radio, but oh yikes I see.

- That is the same part I named from Little Mix. :unsure: What are you thinking of from DC then if not that? :unsure:

Okay yay. I'm still ready. :santa:

107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini:” Ooooh I see what clue this was for. I don't know why I didn't think of him, but I know and heard this song several times. Not really my favorite, but it's okay. I know his other one is really short and omg this is under two minutes? Wow.

106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI): I heard of this song, but not the artists and didn't remember who they were. I never actually heard this though... and listening to it, it does seem Post Malone isn't really a fitting title. I would think more like Never Going Home, and I just saw you said something similiar. I kind of like this on first listen and it could grow on me.

105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown): Yesss I figured it was this song. I was surprised about this collaboration too, especially when I started seeing it on AT40. But yay Kane! I am happy. :D I really like this and the part you named. :bobo:

104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana): Of course I was wrong. I don't know this song... but maybe I remember this from AT40 if it was listed because I think I remember seeing a song with this title. I didn't think I heard it before, but listening now... maybe I have? I'm not sure. The chorus does sound a bit familiar, especially that "walkin out the door" part. Hmm. But I kind of like this.

103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON:” Never heard of this before. It's not really for me, but is interesting with the kind of reggae sound.

102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott): I have no familiarity with this song, except of course I heard it on SYTYCD and liked it there. I didn't know it was a single though and didn't hear it around like some of her other songs. omg some those lyrics you quoted are so dirty. :fear: I don't think I knew Missy Elliott was on this song, but I do kind of like this or the vibe of it.

101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love:” Your Alessia comment. :bye2: I don't think I included this on my list before, but I do like this song. I didn't listen to it too much but agree with your comments. It is really pretty, yet sad, and I always love her voice.

"And now we have finally reached the Top 100!" Finally? You posted two sets. :lmao:

- Another song from an artist that has showed up on this set: I don't know, Wally. I guess another Nicki song or Alessia? But then maybe she won't show up again since you don't like much of her recent music. Could be another song featuring Marshmello.

- Two members who were from the same music group - but make solo appearances with their respective songs: This makes me think of One Direction. I don't really know what songs... Niall Horan - Nice to Meet Ya and ?? Liam or Harry. Not sure about the other two. Maybe Fifth Harmony... could be Ally and Camila songs. I think Normani's only appearances will be much higher, unless there's another song I don't know about. Not sure which songs from Ally or Camila, but that may be my better guess here.

- Two songs that starts off with the same word. One from a popular female singer and the other from a band that once appeared in my Top 10 on a previous songs list: I can't look up your previous lists to remember who all made your Top 10s. :closedeyes: I can only come up with bad guy by Billie Eilish and Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons. I don't know.

- An artist who had a big breakthrough year - and makes their first appearance with this song: This also could be Billie Eilish.

- That’s just the way it is. :yes: But I wasn’t saying I had too much this year. Other years I do but I think I got a fair amount.

- I know, but I can’t remember if that was the case with that song. :P

- Ahh that’s why I’m here to tell you. :teehee: I think I heard XO on the radio but not that much - or I did for a short certain amount of time.

- But I was saying and thinking “are you ready?” was said in the Destiny’s Child song too - hence my mentioning of it in the first place.

You betterrr beee. :*

- A yess you dooo. :teehee: Aww yeah i was surprised you didn’t guess Lil Nas X for that clue but that’s okay. Ooooh you heard this several times. I did not know this. :o I understand these comments here. Lol yeahhh this is also under 2 minutes sooo Lil Nas X is loving releasing ver short songs.

- Ah whoa you never actually heard this. :o But i know you heard of this and we even talked about this sometime ago. I want to say in our AT40 discussions but wow I tought you heard it at some point. :haha: Lol yesss thank you for your comments on the title. And mhmmm “Never Going Home” would fit better. :haha: I did! Yayy fr kinda liking this and it having potential to grow on you.

- You got it totally spot on with OTR here. Work it! :teehee: Oooh yess I was surprised on all of this although I did see it on the pop charts before it got onto AT40. OMGG Awww yayyy I love having a happy Denise here with me aging Kane on here. :teehee: Woohoo!

- Omgg awww nooooo don’t say it like that. :bye2: It was a hard clue and lol I didn’t know what clue to come up for for this. Ooooh yeah I think you remember pointing this out to me during AT40 discussions, when saying there was another song with that same title. :haha: Oooh but ahh I thought you heard this before - but then I’m not really sure. :lmao: Oooh yay for the chorus sounding kinda familiar and you kinda liking this. :teehee:

- Ahh I see and yeah I figured it wouldn’t be your kind of thing here. :haha: But yes the reggae sound is pretty cool here!

- Ooh ahh yea I figured you were most familiar with “Tempo” from SYTYCD, and yeah I def know it very well from there too. Ooh ahh yeah this song is a single release from Lizzo’s latest/current album, even though her older songs are getting much more attention than her actual new song like this. :haha: LOL YEAH I did not realize the lyrics were as dirty as they were until re-listening and re-quoting parts of this. :dead: LMAO My baddd here hahaha. :ph34r: But ahh yess Missy is on here and yayy for kinda liking this and the vibe of it.

- Ahh gah yeah I’m sorry about that, but I do still like Alessia. Oooh maybe not but wasn’t this song released either very late last year or earlier this year? So I think it was too new for your main list - although it could have been on the intermission list. But yayy for liking this song and yeah it is very pretty and sad. Agreed with your comments here!

I know but I feel like I reached a milestone here. :giggle: But yayy more guesses here! :w00t: Loving all of this!! And hmm all such interesting guesses here. :shifty:

115. Cardi B - “Press:” NHT. Yikes, this video is NSFW. Umm...as for the song, I don't really care for it. Sorry. :ph34r:

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” I like this song, and I've heard it plenty of times throughout the year. I agree they have nice vocals here. That chorus is especially catchy. I didn't know this song didn't have a music video either.

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” I don't think I've ever heard this song before. Hmm...I agree she sounds screechy on this song. I didn't care for this one, sorry to say.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): "Post Malone had another very huge year in 2019." That's news to me, but I haven't really paid attention though. I don't think I've heard this one before, but I didn't mind it after a first listen. I was expecting to hate this, but it wasn't that bad.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” NHT. After a first listen, this was just okay to me. You say it didn't grow on you as fast as you hoped, and I can hear what you mean since this isn't making much of an impression on me at the moment.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” I didn't know Mariah Carey released a new song this year. :ph34r: Hmm...This was better than I thought! "A No No" is kind of a silly title, but the song is quite catchy and I like that throwback vibe you mention. Yay for finally liking another song on this set! :D

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” I like Little Mix, but I never know when they release new music until I see them on these countdown lists. After a first listen, I think this is fun and catchy. It'll have to grow on me, but I like it well enough.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” I think I've heard of this song before, but this is the first time I'm listening to it....hmm. I think the production is too busy here. I think a more stripped down arrangement would suit the lyrics better, but it's not bad.

107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini:” This is another song I've heard of, but I avoided listening to it until now. Um...I guess I can hear the appeal, but it's not doing much for me at the moment.

106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI): NHT. For a second I thought this was a Post Malone song too until I read your write-up. Yeah, if they're really using his name for attention, then that's kind of odd. I guess it does have a catchy hook, but it's not a song I would seek out to listen to again.

105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown): Congrats to Kane Brown for finally appearing on your list. :giggle: Here's a song I am already familiar with. I do kind of like it, but I didn't really listen to it enough to call it one of my favorites of the year. But I like it well enough, and it's cool to see it here on your list.

104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana): NHT. The song is fine. I agree it's catchy, but it's kind of generic too. And interesting, the song ends very unexpectedly too. It just cuts off there, doesn't it? I guess another Monsta X song will be appearing on your list again with you using the :shifty: emoticon at the end of that closing sentence. :giggle:

103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON:” NHT. I think Nicki delivers this song well and she excels in this style, but it's not a song I would seek out to listen to again.

102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott): NHT. Hmm...I'm not really a fan of this song after a first listen. It's just different taste in music, but I do think she delivers this song well (and Missy does a great job too). It's just not a song I would listen to.

101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love:” Ooh that's too bad Alessia Cara disappointed you with her album. :o Nice lyrics and vocals in this song. I think the arrangement is a bit too slow, but I still like the song well enough. She sounds pretty here.

Merry Christmas, Wallace! :hug:

115. Cardi B - “Press:” NHT. Yikes, this video is NSFW. Umm...as for the song, I don't really care for it. Sorry. :ph34r:

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” I like this song, and I've heard it plenty of times throughout the year. I agree they have nice vocals here. That chorus is especially catchy. I didn't know this song didn't have a music video either.

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” I don't think I've ever heard this song before. Hmm...I agree she sounds screechy on this song. I didn't care for this one, sorry to say.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): "Post Malone had another very huge year in 2019." That's news to me, but I haven't really paid attention though. I don't think I've heard this one before, but I didn't mind it after a first listen. I was expecting to hate this, but it wasn't that bad.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” NHT. After a first listen, this was just okay to me. You say it didn't grow on you as fast as you hoped, and I can hear what you mean since this isn't making much of an impression on me at the moment.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” I didn't know Mariah Carey released a new song this year. :ph34r: Hmm...This was better than I thought! "A No No" is kind of a silly title, but the song is quite catchy and I like that throwback vibe you mention. Yay for finally liking another song on this set! :D

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” I like Little Mix, but I never know when they release new music until I see them on these countdown lists. After a first listen, I think this is fun and catchy. It'll have to grow on me, but I like it well enough.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” I think I've heard of this song before, but this is the first time I'm listening to it....hmm. I think the production is too busy here. I think a more stripped down arrangement would suit the lyrics better, but it's not bad.

107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini:” This is another song I've heard of, but I avoided listening to it until now. Um...I guess I can hear the appeal, but it's not doing much for me at the moment.

106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI): NHT. For a second I thought this was a Post Malone song too until I read your write-up. Yeah, if they're really using his name for attention, then that's kind of odd. I guess it does have a catchy hook, but it's not a song I would seek out to listen to again.

105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown): Congrats to Kane Brown for finally appearing on your list. :giggle: Here's a song I am already familiar with. I do kind of like it, but I didn't really listen to it enough to call it one of my favorites of the year. But I like it well enough, and it's cool to see it here on your list.

104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana): NHT. The song is fine. I agree it's catchy, but it's kind of generic too. And interesting, the song ends very unexpectedly too. It just cuts off there, doesn't it? I guess another Monsta X song will be appearing on your list again with you using the :shifty: emoticon at the end of that closing sentence. :giggle:

103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON:” NHT. I think Nicki delivers this song well and she excels in this style, but it's not a song I would seek out to listen to again.

102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott): NHT. Hmm...I'm not really a fan of this song after a first listen. It's just different taste in music, but I do think she delivers this song well (and Missy does a great job too). It's just not a song I would listen to.

101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love:” Ooh that's too bad Alessia Cara disappointed you with her album. :o Nice lyrics and vocals in this song. I think the arrangement is a bit too slow, but I still like the song well enough. She sounds pretty here.

Merry Christmas, Wallace! :hug:

- LOL your comments on the video but ahh yeah I would recommend not watching this at work. :dead: Bummer you don ’t like this but I understand.

- Yayy glad that you like “”All to Myself” and Dan + Shay’s vocals on this. Ugh yeah. Although Denise said there is a Shadow video that acts as the music video here:

, which I happened to miss on my search.

- Ahhh oops, sorry that you agree with some of my more negative comments on “Shameless” and that you didn’t care for this. :(

- Oooh yeah Post Malone had tons of songs on the radio and his album from tis year did very well. Oooh yay glad you like this more than what you were expecting and that you didn’t mind it. :o

- Aww yeah this is understandable regarding “Graveyard.” Yeah it’s a slow grower for me so I can get how it would be for you.

- Ah yeah Mariah released her Caution album in November 2018 and this was the single she released in 2019. So we can say she released new music last year but this was the single. Gad this is better than you thought. And lol true the song title is silly but glad you like this.

- “Bounce Back” was a 2019 single release that wasn’t on their 2018 album so this is def from this year. But yayy glad to introduce you to this song and glad that you like it on first listen and that it has potential to grow on you.

- Ah interesting comments on the production being too busy o this song. You do have understandable comments on a lesser more stripped down arrangement can convey the message of the song stronger. I get it.

- Lmaooo you avoiding “Panini.” :lmao: Awww understandable thoughts but at least you get the appeal.

- Lol I am sure you wouldn’t be the only one thinking “Post Malone” was a Post Malone song but yeah it isn’t. :haha: It comes off that as they barely say his name compared to the actual chorus of the song, soo it’s strange. :haha: Yay for thinking this has a nice hook.

- It took awhile but Kane finally made it on here. :giggle: Yay for being familiar with this and kinda liking this. I get that it isn’t a big favorite of yours, and same for me - so I’m more or less in agreement with you on all of this.

- Oooh yeah I get your comments on “Who Do U Love?” being catchy and kinda generic. :has: Oooh omg i never really picked up on how the song ends. I will take your word on this and wow so weird, lol. Ooooohhh well, you never know. They could. :o

- Ahh I understand this Nicki song isn’t a song you’d seek out for but yay happy you do have positive thoughts on this one. :yes:

- Aww at not being much of a fan of “Tempo” on first listen but I understand it’s not your taste ut glad you do think Lizzo and Missy do well with their delivery on this song.

- Yeah I wasn’t too fond of Alessia’s later singles at least from 2018, but I do really enjoy this song at least. Oooh awww at the arrangement being too slow but glad that you do like the song overall. She does!

Ahh thanks Steven! Merry Christmas to you too! :hug:

107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini:” I've been trying to forget Old Town Road exists and now I see he has another song. Well I'm glad it's not combining country and rap but still not my thing at all.

106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI): If I saw this song on YouTube, having the name "Post Malone" would steer me away from it. Anyway it's somehwat catchy but not something I'd care to listen to again.

105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown): A better title for this collaboration would be "One Thing Wrong". :yes: "Many Things Wrong" would be best.

104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana): Meh. At least this isn't as annoying as BTS? #lowstandards

103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON:” Ugh, Icky Minaj. My shoutout though. :wub: I guess it isn't as horrible as her 2018 era, but that makes it like a 2/10 instead of a 1. #verylowstandards

102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott): Probably not surprising coming from me, but I never got the Lizzo hype. Missy's parts were ok I guess?

101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love:” Alessia's new material (from what I heard of it) disappointed me as well and I found this boring.

Yeah didn;t like this set either, but Merry Christmas Wally! :hug:

I can't believe anyone would put that tragic Marshmello x Kane colab on a list for best songs this year

IPB Image

Ooh you. :bleh:

107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini:” I've been trying to forget Old Town Road exists and now I see he has another song. Well I'm glad it's not combining country and rap but still not my thing at all.

106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI): If I saw this song on YouTube, having the name "Post Malone" would steer me away from it. Anyway it's somehwat catchy but not something I'd care to listen to again.

105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown): A better title for this collaboration would be "One Thing Wrong". :yes: "Many Things Wrong" would be best.

104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana): Meh. At least this isn't as annoying as BTS? #lowstandards

103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON:” Ugh, Icky Minaj. My shoutout though. :wub: I guess it isn't as horrible as her 2018 era, but that makes it like a 2/10 instead of a 1. #verylowstandards

102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott): Probably not surprising coming from me, but I never got the Lizzo hype. Missy's parts were ok I guess?

101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love:” Alessia's new material (from what I heard of it) disappointed me as well and I found this boring.

Yeah didn;t like this set either, but Merry Christmas Wally! :hug:

- Omggg your comments on "Old Town Road." Aww bummer that this isn't your thing but i understand.

- Lmaooo of course it would at the first sentence here. :dead::haha: Yay for finding it catchy and I understand it not being a song you'd listen to on your own.

- Ooh lmaooo you with your shady puns. You love it. :bleh: Aww bummer you don't like this and omggg your title for this song. Oh myy. :haha:

- :dead: @ the BTS shade. You would. :haha:

- Nicki, we love her! :wub: And you are welcome for the shout-out. Oooh wow you calling this not as horrible as her 2018 materical, that's like a compliment from you. :haha: :teehee: Lol 2/10 is a slight improvement.

- Aww at your Lizzo comments and not getting into her hype - but i seee and understand. At least you seem more favorable on Missy's parts.

- Yeah at the first part but awww at you finding this boring. I can get that. :(

Welll, that's fine. I would prefer you to like teh songs that are much higher up anyway. :teehee: :haha:

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays! Time to resume the list as we crack the Top 100! :w00t:

100. Alessia Cara - “Rooting For You”

VFIw3fyaw-E

Kicking off the Top 100 is Alessia Cara with “Rooting For You.” And wow it’s crazy how Alessia closed the last set and opens this set and actually I was not expecting that to happen. :haha: OOL was a song I kept moving up while RFY was one that I kept moving down and now they are back. :haha: Some backstory, I remember watching an Alessia interview on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon where she was talking about this song and wanted to use THE ICONIC ANTM moment of Tyra’s screamfest, which is here for a reminder: https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/201...-you-gif-11.gif. Here’s

. Alessia was talking about wanting to use that iconic Tyra moment for the intro of the song and ugh sadly the sample didn’t go through. I’m bummed because now I think of that moment every time I hear this song. Onto “Rooting For You,” I like the funky vibe this song. Alessia sings with some sass and attitude on this and then THAT BEAT comes in at 0:31…. IT BOPS. That chorus is soo good where she sings: It's like damn. Why you gotta be so cold in the summertime, summertime? I was really rooting for you, yeah. I was really rooting for you, yeah yeah. Praech it, Alessia. UGH why you gotta be so cold? I was really rooting for you. :ermm: I’m not too familiar with the verses and didn’t really hear this song too much but i love the attitude and vibe she provides here. So yayy Alessia is winning me back with her two latest releases so hoping she continues on that track in 2020.

99. Camila Cabello - “Consequences”

k73EBmeJ950

Coming in at #99 is Camila Cabello’s “Consequences.” That’s an alliteration for your behind. I was debating on having this here but I did hear this song quite a bit on the early part of 2019, so it’s eligible. Although I do believe I had “Consequences” either at #99 or somewhere in the 90s so it’s interesting how that happened. This is a really gorgeous song from Camila and I enjoy the softness and vulnerability from her in this. She sounds really beautiful throughout the song. I do really like the chorus part where she sings: Loving you was young, and wild, and free. Loving you was cool, and hot, and sweet. Loving you was sunshine, safe and sound. A steady place to let down my defenses. But loving you had consequences. :bye2: This song makes me think of Waltzing and it’s nice how the music video has some Waltzing in it too.

98. Ally Brooke - “Lips Don’t Lie” (feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie)

XCVAgd4G3qY

Coming in at #98 is Ally Brooke’s “Lips Don’t Lie” featuring A Boogie wit da Hoodie. You all may know Ally best as a member from Fifth Harmony, and this marks her first solo appearance ever on my year-end list! Not gonna lie, but every time I see this song title and/or think about it, I always think of Shakira’s classic hit, “Hips Don’t Lie.” :haha: Idon’t love this song as much as that one but I do still like it. This song has quite a hot sensual vibe to it as well as that late 90s/early 2000s feel to it, which I do greatly enjoy. Ally does sound hot on the verses and I like how she sings in a higher register in the pre-chorus: You say it's not real. But it's sure pretty close. Of course my favorite part is the chorus especially the part where Ally sings: Lips don't la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lie-lie. La-la-la-la-la-la-la-lie-lie. (Lips don't) la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lie-lie. I can tell your lips don't lie. :bobo: So hot and flirty! And lol no surprise that her video showcases her and her lips, which certainly do not lie. I do enjoy A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie’s verse on this as well.

97. Billie Eilish - “all the good girls go to hell”

-PZsSWwc9xA

Billie Eilish definitely had a huge and breakthrough year in 2019 and one of her single releases was “all the good girls go to hell,” which lands at #97. Billie is such a cool and unique artist with an interesting vibe but hey I dig it. This song has a dark, intriguing, haunting but cool vibe to it. I first heard this on the radio and I felt I knew it was Billie but I shazam’d to find out what it was called. I like the beat to this and ooh this song feels so mysterious. The part where she sings Don't say I didn't warn ya kinda has me shook. I like the sound of the chorus and how she sings it: All the good girls go to hell. ‘Cause even God herself has enemies. And once the water starts to rise. And Heaven's out of sight. She'll want the Devil on her team. This is a really interesting song and I don’t really know what to say but it has me intrigued. I can’t pinpoint any standout parts from the verses but I do like it all. And I feel it still has some way to still grow on me. Ooh and the video is kinda creepy but interesting too. What is it with Billie and those wings? I don’t know.

96. Carrie Underwood - “Love Wins”

-Py8OWAMkns

Carrie Underwood shows up at #96 with one of her many hits, “Love Wins.” I know this song was released in 2018 and many people consider it a 2018 song, but I did see how this song was doing on the charts and saw that it was still climbing the charts and eventually peaked in 2019 so it’s eligible in my book. Carrie provides a strong and beautiful message in this song about how love wins and is above all. We all have our differences that makes us different but we all deserve love and equality. Carrie’s voice BOOMs on the chorus which of course is my favorite part where she sings: I, I believe you and me are sisters and brothers. And I, I believe we're made to be here for each other. And we'll never fall if we walk hand in hand. Put a world that seems broken together again. Yeah I, I believe in the end love wins SANG IT, CARRIE. I especially love those parts where she sings those “IIiiiIiIiIiIIiiIiii” parts and those “I believe you and me are sisters and brothers” parts too. I also love the bridge where she sings: Love is power, love is a smile. Love reaches out, love is the remedy. All in all, another great and powerful song from Carrie.

95. Lukas Graham - “Love Someone”

dN44xpHjNxE

Closing out this set is Lukas Graham with “Love Someone” at #95. I remember Lukas Graham having a big 2016 with a few of their songs, namely “7 Years,” which i really loved from them. Then they went away or well I didn’t hear from them for awhile after that. I heard this song a few times in late 2018. I can’t remember the first time i heard this, maybe it was a performance of theirs on some talk show? I do remember one of my earlier memories of this song to a Nancy McKeon & Val dance on DWTS. But then I heard this song a bit more throughout 2019 which helps it make the list. Lukas Graham are known for their heartfelt vulnerable songs and those words describe this perfectly. I do love how Lukas pours his heart in all of what he’s singing. One of the bigger standout parts is the pre-chorus where he sings: 'Cause you still look perfect as days go by. Even the worst ones, you make me smile. I’d stop the world if it gave us time. Then I also really like the chorus, especially those parts where he sings when you love someone and If you love someone. I won’t list anymore parts but I do really enjoy this song and think it’s so pleasant to listen to. The music video is really sweet too.

[b]100. Alessia Cara - “Rooting For You:”[/b]
[b]99. Camila Cabello - “Consequences:”[/b]
[b]98. Ally Brooke - “Lips Don’t Lie” (feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie):[/b]
[b]97. Billie Eilish - “all the good girls go to hell:”[/b]
[b]96. Carrie Underwood - “Love Wins:”[/b]
[b]95. Lukas Graham - “Love Someone”:[/b]

Clues for songs #94-89

- Something everyone has, except for new born/less than a year old babies.

- A song with a number in it.

- A collaboration with a male producer and a female singer that has shown up in this latest set

- Something people need to take if they are sick or not feeling well.

- Two songs - one from a male and other from a female - and they share the same word in common. That word is a special woman in people’s lives who brought us into this world.

- But I was saying and thinking “are you ready?” was said in the Destiny’s Child song too - hence my mentioning of it in the first place.

- OMGG Awww yayyy I love having a happy Denise here with me aging Kane on here. :teeh ee: Woohoo!

- Ooh ahh yea I figured you were most familiar with “Tempo” from SYTYCD, and yeah I def know it very well from there too. Ooh ahh yeah this song is a single release from Lizzo’s latest/current album, even though her older songs are getting much more attention than her actual new song like this. :ha ha:

Ooh... but it's not? :unsure: I only know the "I don't think you're ready" parts. https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/destinyschi...otylicious.html

I don't want you "aging" Kane. :bye2:

Yeah, I only heard it on there and nowhere else. I didn't even know her big hits were so much older.

100. Alessia Cara - “Rooting For You:” Ah yes, I was thinking of this one from the clue. omg wow I didn't know she wanted to feature Tyra in her video, but always think of that with this song too. omg I wonder how come it didn't work out. I also didn't really expect you to be too crazy about this song, but I'm glad you like it more than I expected. :bobo: I'm glad if she's winning you back, although you do have these two Alessia songs on the lower end.

99. Camila Cabello - “Consequences:” "That’s an alliteration for your behind." :haha: omg I was right about Camila, but wow I was not thinking this song at all. Wow it feels like forever since this was a single. I feel it went away too fast. :bye2: I really love everything about this song. It's so beautiful and emotional.

98. Ally Brooke - “Lips Don’t Lie” (feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie): I listened to this a few times, but I think it blended with some of her others to me for some reason. I forgot how it goes, but I rememberish now listening to it. I like it, but could like it more.

97. Billie Eilish - “all the good girls go to hell:” Well, I was finally right about a Billie Eilish song showing up. I also didn't expect you to be that huge on her, but interesting this song ranks here. Gosh, the opening of the video scares me. :shiver: Actually it's all creepy. I first heard this at the AMAs, I believe, and it was interesting. The part I like best is that "There's nothing left to say" line. :o Not really sure what she is talking about in this though.

96. Carrie Underwood - “Love Wins:” omg another older one I didn't think of. I really botched that clue. :'( But of course I LOVE this song from Carrie. Wally watching the charts for eligibility. :giggle: I love the chorus and how it soars too. :wub: I love everything.

95. Lukas Graham - “Love Someone”: Oooo... I kind of remember this song, but can't pinpoint it to a time frame or hear how it goes in my head. I do recognize the chorus, at least. I still think this is a solo artist and not a band. Hmm but yeah this is nice and I like the chorus best.

- Something everyone has, except for new born/less than a year old babies: :detective: Memories by Maroon 5? :unsure:

- A song with a number in it: 365 by Zedd & Katy Perry or 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber

- A collaboration with a male producer and a female singer that has shown up in this latest set: Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again.. or Ally Brooke/Matoma - Higher. I can see the Ally one higher.

- Something people need to take if they are sick or not feeling well: Medicine. Jennifer Lopez & French Montana song? I see another with the same title by Bring Me The Horizon, but no idea who that is. J-Lo seems much more likely.

- Two songs - one from a male and other from a female - and they share the same word in common. That word is a special woman in people’s lives who brought us into this world: I like this riddle. Mother by Charlie Puth and Mother's Daughter by Miley Cyrus?

Ooh... but it's not? :unsure: I only know the "I don't think you're ready" parts. https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/destinyschi...otylicious.html

I don't want you "aging" Kane. :bye2:

Yeah, I only heard it on there and nowhere else. I didn't even know her big hits were so much older.

100. Alessia Cara - “Rooting For You:” Ah yes, I was thinking of this one from the clue. omg wow I didn't know she wanted to feature Tyra in her video, but always think of that with this song too. omg I wonder how come it didn't work out. I also didn't really expect you to be too crazy about this song, but I'm glad you like it more than I expected. :bobo: I'm glad if she's winning you back, although you do have these two Alessia songs on the lower end.

99. Camila Cabello - “Consequences:” "That’s an alliteration for your behind." :haha: omg I was right about Camila, but wow I was not thinking this song at all. Wow it feels like forever since this was a single. I feel it went away too fast. :bye2: I really love everything about this song. It's so beautiful and emotional.

98. Ally Brooke - “Lips Don’t Lie” (feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie): I listened to this a few times, but I think it blended with some of her others to me for some reason. I forgot how it goes, but I rememberish now listening to it. I like it, but could like it more.

97. Billie Eilish - “all the good girls go to hell:” Well, I was finally right about a Billie Eilish song showing up. I also didn't expect you to be that huge on her, but interesting this song ranks here. Gosh, the opening of the video scares me. :shiver: Actually it's all creepy. I first heard this at the AMAs, I believe, and it was interesting. The part I like best is that "There's nothing left to say" line. :o Not really sure what she is talking about in this though.

96. Carrie Underwood - “Love Wins:” omg another older one I didn't think of. I really botched that clue. :'( But of course I LOVE this song from Carrie. Wally watching the charts for eligibility. :giggle: I love the chorus and how it soars too. :wub: I love everything.

95. Lukas Graham - “Love Someone”: Oooo... I kind of remember this song, but can't pinpoint it to a time frame or hear how it goes in my head. I do recognize the chorus, at least. I still think this is a solo artist and not a band. Hmm but yeah this is nice and I like the chorus best.

- Something everyone has, except for new born/less than a year old babies: :detective: Memories by Maroon 5? :unsure:

- A song with a number in it: 365 by Zedd & Katy Perry or 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber

- A collaboration with a male producer and a female singer that has shown up in this latest set: Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again.. or Ally Brooke/Matoma - Higher. I can see the Ally one higher.

- Something people need to take if they are sick or not feeling well: Medicine. Jennifer Lopez & French Montana song? I see another with the same title by Bring Me The Horizon, but no idea who that is. J-Lo seems much more likely.

- Two songs - one from a male and other from a female - and they share the same word in common. That word is a special woman in people’s lives who brought us into this world: I like this riddle. Mother by Charlie Puth and Mother's Daughter by Miley Cyrus?

Oooh lmao that’s why i was saying unless I made it up. I thought that was said on there but I guess I just added that on my own when I would sing along to it? :lmao:

Lmaooo what is aging? :lmao: Not the word I meant lol.

I figured. I think “Tempo” was released to Urban radio but not sure how well it id there. Oooh lol yesss they are. :haha:

- Ahh well done on tinkling of this Alessia song here. :D LOL yesss I didn’t know if you knew but I loved that story and was wanting to share that :haha: Yess you always thinking of that Tyra moment with this song too. Ooh you didn’t expect me to be crazy about it or me to like this much? Oooh. :o I thought it would have appealed to me haha. Oooh lol the last half of tis sentence. At least the songs are on here which is bette than not being on here. :teehee:

- I had fun with that but wish I could have used more C words. :giggle: Well done on guessing Camila. Ah yeah I was debating on whether to include this or not. I probably could have done without it but still wanted to honor my January/February listens to it. Awww yeah it did go away quite fast, esp. compared to how her songs usually go. :( I know you love this and yay it is beautiful and emotional.

- Oooh ahhh I see you regarding Ally’s LDL. She released a lot of singles this year so I can get how some of them could blend. Yay remembering it now. Hopefully it can still have growing potential for you in the future.

- Yesss you were. Well done on guessing Billie. Ooooh his next sentence here. Not sure how to respond….. I guess she doesn’t seem like my type of artist but I like her well enough. And we’ll see if she can have other songs on here. OMGG LOL Yeahhh the video is kinda creepy. Not sure if I said that in my write-up but yea. Ooh yes she did perform this on the AMAs, I remember. I think she said that was her first American awards show performance which shocked me. Yess I like that part too. Ooh yeah I don’t know either.

- Awwww noooo, Deniseyyy. Don’t be so hard on yourself. :bye2: I appreciate your guessing! Yesss I know you love this song a ton from Carrie so yayness.

- Ahh I seee regarding the Love Someone comments. It kinda feels like that kind of song and I kinda agree with you - even though I can pinpoint a time frame and how it goes in my head. But I can get how you can’t. :lol: Yay for recognizing the chorus. Yeah I think of Lukas Graham as a solo artist too. Glad you like!

Yayyy guesses here! :w00t: Some veryyy interesting guesses here. :shifty:

Oooh lmao that’s why i was saying unless I made it up. I thought that was said on there but I guess I just added that on my own when I would sing along to it? :lm ao:

Lmaooo what is aging? :lm ao: Not the word I meant lol.

- Ah yeah I was debating on whether to include this or not. I probably could have done without it but still wanted to honor my January/February listens to it.

- Ooh yes she did perform this on the AMAs, I remember. I think she said that was her first American awards show performance which shocked me. Yess I like that part too. Ooh yeah I don’t know either.

- Ahh I seee regarding the Love Someone comments. It kinda feels like that kind of song and I kinda agree with you - even though I can pinpoint a time frame and how it goes in my head. But I can get how you can’t. :lol: Yay for recognizing the chorus. Yeah I think of Lukas Graham as a solo artist too. Glad you like!

Yayyy guesses here! :w00t: Some veryyy interesting guesses here. :shifty:

Oh wow, so this was wrong this whole time. :o

Getting older. :bye2: I figured.

- That's fine, but what a shame it ranked so low both years. :( I know that's due to the timing of its release.

- Oh, that is interesting. I feel like the audience went crazy for her. Also... am I wrong, or did she appear on the ~new TRL a couple years ago?

- The only thing I remember from Lukas Graham this past year was him on Idol. :haha: And my mom's random comments on him. :dead:

:santa:

Closing out this set is Lukas Graham with “Love Someone” at #95. I remember Lukas Graham having a big 2016 with a few of their songs, namely “7 Years,” which i really loved from them. Then they went away or well I didn’t hear from them for awhile after that. I heard this song a few times in late 2018. I can’t remember the first time i heard this, maybe it was a performance of theirs on some talk show? I do remember one of my earlier memories of this song to a Nancy McKeon & Val dance on DWTS. But then I heard this song a bit more

I actually went to a Lukas Graham concert in October. Not because I knew who he was that was a mystery till I heard him sing, but because Lauren Duski opened for him. I was surprised that he was Finnish and not a generic male country singer. :haha: He was okay I dont really remember any of the songs he played but he played a lot of them so he probably played this song as well.

Oh wow, so this was wrong this whole time. :o

Getting older. :bye2: I figured.

- That's fine, but what a shame it ranked so low both years. :( I know that's due to the timing of its release.

- Oh, that is interesting. I feel like the audience went crazy for her. Also... am I wrong, or did she appear on the ~new TRL a couple years ago?

- The only thing I remember from Lukas Graham this past year was him on Idol. :haha: And my mom's random comments on him. :dead:

:santa:

And I Oop. :ph34r: I guess sooo. :dead:

Oooh that… lol. But yeah I didn’t mean that haha.

- Ooh awww yeah I know. :( Ugh yeah the split years thing def hurt “Consequences” as it was still new/growing on me in 2018 and then went away quickly in 2019. It could have probably been around hovering the Top 60 if it was all in one year.

- Mhmmmm it is. Omggg yess they did and lots of people love Billie. OMG WHOA was she? Woww you could be right. They had lots of new/unheard of artists to us on there so I wouldn’t be surprised if she was on there before I/we really knew her. :o Now I want to look back and find out.

- Ooh omg wow, I don’t even remember him on Idol this past year. :dead: I’m sure he did “Love Someone” there…. and “7 Years”? omg I forgot and wonder what your mother’s comments on him were? :haha:

:o

Ally Brooke? :ermm:

It’s like you don’t want me to catch up and comment on this. :)

You kow I like Ally, so expect her to be on here. :*

Although you do need to catch up and give me some comments! (!) :haha:

I actually went to a Lukas Graham concert in October. Not because I knew who he was that was a mystery till I heard him sing, but because Lauren Duski opened for him. I was surprised that he was Finnish and not a generic male country singer. :haha: He was okay I dont really remember any of the songs he played but he played a lot of them so he probably played this song as well.

Oooh I'm kinda surprised you only heard of Lukas Graham until very recently. :o Wow he had a big song "7 Years" out a few years back. But lmaoooo your comments on being surprised that he wasn't a generic male country singer. That's funny. :haha: Ah yeah i would assume they played this song, as it is one of their biggest hits.

I’ll post mine and catch up when o get a mouse. It sucks replaying, copying and pasting on the phone

Ughh nooo that sucks. :( I hate making posts via phone or an iPad. It can be so long and frustrating. >.

IPB Image

Um, why are you leaving? :) Stay and comment. :*

100. Alessia Cara - “Rooting For You:” Meh, never could get into this song either, stays on the same level the whole time.

99. Camila Cabello - “Consequences:” Yeah I consider this 2018 but it's one of my favorites from Camila; it's beautiful.

98. Ally Brooke - “Lips Don’t Lie” (feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie): I agree with your comments that this song has a 90s/early 2000s vibe. Reminds me of the Spice Girls a bit actually. Which means I don't love this and am no terrible excited, but it's alright.

97. Billie Eilish - “all the good girls go to hell:” Ugh, Billie Eilish. Don't like her style and there's something so inauthentic and try hard about all of her music. Can't wait to destroy "Bad Guy" if that shows up here.

96. Carrie Underwood - “Love Wins:” again 2018 but obviously I stan. :wub: Probably the strongest single from Cry Pretty - sad it didn't do as well on radio as it should have.

95. Lukas Graham - “Love Someone”: I remember really liking 7 Years, and this is pretty decent as well.

Edited by Sadora

97. Billie Eilish - “all the good girls go to hell:” Ugh, Billie Eilish. Don't like her style and there's something so inauthentic and try hard about all of her music. Can't wait to destroy "Bad Guy" if that shows up here.
:ermm:

You are needed in the TV Rankdown. :*
I’m en route to see Lee DeWyze so I’ll get to it this afternoon.

100. Alessia Cara - “Rooting For You:” Meh, never could get into thi song either, stays on the same level the whole time.

99. Camila Cabello - “Consequences:” Yeah I consider this 2018 but it's one of my favorites from Camila; it's beautiful.

98. Ally Brooke - “Lips Don’t Lie” (feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie): I agree with your comments that this song has a 90s/early 2000s vibe. Reminds me of the Spice Girls a bit actually. Which means I don't love this and am no terrible excited, but it's alright.

96. Carrie Underwood - “Love Wins:” again 2018 but obviously I stan. :wub: Probably the strongest single from Cry Pretty - sad it didn't do as well on radio as it should have.

95. Lukas Graham - “Love Someone”: I remember really liking 7 Years, and this is pretty decent as well.

- Aww I get your comments on RFY staying on the same level. I don't really mind that wit this particular song of hers.

- Understandable. I was still playing and listening to it in 2019, so figured it was eligible for me. :haha:

- Ooooh I never drew the Spice Girls sound comparison and I was actually trying to think of what this reminds me of. I was thinking of a Mariah song in fact. But ahh ok these are fair comments you have on LDL.

- Omggg I was curious on your thoughts on Billie Eilish and was thinking/hoping you'd like her but lmao oops, I guess not. :lmao: Yikess these comments. And curious on your thoughts on BG if it does show up. :o

- Ahhh I know but it was stil charting on 2019 so stil counts for me. :teehee: Understandable on this being your fave single from the CP album and ugh yeah it should have done better. :(

- Yayy glad you find LS decent and yay I really loved 7 Years!

:ermm:

Ooh you. :haha: You tell him. :giggle: