Wally's Favorite Songs of 2019!

*Wallace

115. Cardi B - “Press:” (You'll want to edit your coding here, since the closing tag is missing the /). But okay yay, now I know how many songs you're doing. I was on the right track with this clue, but never heard of this song before. This is not really for me, but lol the chorus. Do you at least change it to "Wally don't need more press" when you shout it? I might like that version.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” Yayy it is them and yayy this song. :wub: IT'S A COUNTRY ONE. So good. There is this ~shadow~ video of it, which works enough as a music video to me:

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” I don't remember if I ever heard this on the radio, but agree regarding dual single releases. "because one song will succeed and the other will fade away in dust" Yeah. :( Oh wow your comments on her voice on this. :unsure: I don't feel that way at all and love how she sings this. I love the feel of this song.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Oooh I don't think I could have gotten this clue. Was this ever on AT40? If so, I may have seen it on that list, but otherwise never heard of this. I like the parts you named. Not overall huge on this, but it's okay for me and is interesting.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” I feel like I've heard this quite a bit and do like it, but not as much as other songs of hers. I think my favorite part is that whole "They say I may be making a mistake" part, along with that part at 2:47 where she stops suddenly and there's like this dramatic inhale, but ugh all that silence in the video takes away from the drama of it when I hear it on radio. I always loved that part.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” I really like this a lot too and the vibe of it. lol how many times she says no in the chorus, but it's fun. I didn't know she sampled Lil' Kim in this... and don't know that song, but how interesting. I need to check it out for that title. But yes, like this and especially love her vocals towards the end. "i am mad I slept and ignored this" How dare you go to sleep and ignore a song? :haha: I know you meant you slept on this.

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” Yay Little Mix.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” Yay, I got four songs in a row right and actually most of this set. I don't recall ever hearing this on the radio or anything, but I really like it as well. "I do really like Miley on these raw vulnerable emotional songs. "

- The follow-up single to one of the biggest songs of the year from a new artist: Uhh hmm... So Am I by Ava Max or All the Good Girls Go to Hell by Billie Eilish? Lizzo comes to mind, but she would be higher. Although her single release order confuses me, so maybe it could be one of her lesser known songs.

- A K-Pop band that had a U.S. breakthrough with this single: BTS? I don't know any other K-Pop bands, although I know they exist. I guess this is the song with Halsey, although I still never heard it on radio or knew it was a breakthrough, but they did it at some awards show. Soo... my Ken Jeong guess here is Boy with Luv.

- A song from a female rapper who has been on this list multiple times over this past decade: I would guess Nicki Minaj. I don't know any songs from her this year, but looks like Megatron and Tusa were the ones.

- A song my favorite couple danced to on this season’s of So You Think You Can Dance: I can't remember who was even on this season. :dead: *thinks* Oh yeah, now I know. :haha: Hmm so what songs did Mariah and Bailey dance to... My only guess here is Tempo by Lizzo & Missy Elliott.

- The 3rd single release from this Canadian female singer’s latest album: :unsure: Carly Rae Jepsen or Avril Lavigne? No Drug Like You/Too Much or Dumb Blonde. No idea if you even know those songs... trying to think who else this could be. Alessia Cara. I forgot she was Canadian. Okay, she might be the better guess here. Hmm Out of Love is what fits the clue, unless it's from her EP, but I don't see the third single from that being here.

- The title of this song is named after an artist that has shown up on this latest set: Post Malone. What is that song? I don't know, but that's what it's called. Okay, Post Malone by Sam Feldt and Rani.

- A collaboration between a DJ artist and a country artist: I should have this answer. My highly educated guess here will be One Thing Right by Kane Brown and Marshmello. Nailed it. Yay Kane. :* Although, This Feeling by Kelsea Ballerini and The Chainsmokers is also an option if it crossed over.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” TBH, I liked "Clementine" much better than "Graveyard" - the lyrics to that were more memorable and poetic (ex: "the blush on your cheeks means that you bleed like me; the 808 beat brings your heart to your feet") and I liked the music-box like instrumentals behind that son. Hell, I even liked "Nightmare" much better than "Graveyard".

At the end of the day, it's not that I don't like "Graveyard"; I'm feeling some of her other 2019 releases more than this one... :yes:

The music video on the other hand, was something else. :omg: That, and the fact that Halsey invited Sydney Sweeney - who I discovered during Tribeca and am currently developing a celeb crush on - to be in her video... *swoon* :shock::wub:

Hopefully this wasn't the only Halsey song on your list... :shifty: :whistling:

Edited by ShortstopVM

I started mine a little too early I made a change to it half way through as a song I loved came out :haha: but yours is probably good timing.

Ahhh I see. :haha: Yeah I usually have my deadline around December 15th with where I finalize adding songs, although I still do arrangement with song placements and stuff. :haha: Omggg you made changes halfway through already? Omgg. :dead: If a new song came out that I love, I would just hold it out to next year. :haha:

Here to shade you for your music taste. :wub:

Of course. :) My taste is flawless tho. :*

:yes: you usully start after Christmas

I have a list too though I know what my #1 song is :whistling:

Ahh I do sometimes but I do try my hardest to start the list a few days before Christmas. :haha:

You should post yours. :o What is your #1 song? I won't tell anyone. :shifty:

iI'I115. Cardi B - “Press:” I'm not a Cardi fan

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” I like their 10,000 with Justin Bieber

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” So that's what happened to this. It was released as a duel and got lost. Such a shame, it's great too

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis S cott):Not big on Post

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” Don't care for it

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” NHT

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” NHT

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” Don't care

- You're not a Cardi fan? We got some talking to do. :) :*

- Ahhh I underestand. Not sure which I prefer of the two songs.

- Yeahh at Shameless. It is a shame because I felt this song could have done better if it were a stand alone release.

- Ahhh understandable. :(

- Aww at not caring for the Halsey and Miley songs but I understand.

- You should hear the Mariah and Little Mix songs as you may like them. :*

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” TBH, I liked "Clementine" much better than "Graveyard" - the lyrics to that were more memorable and poetic (ex: "the blush on your cheeks means that you bleed like me; the 808 beat brings your heart to your feet") and I liked the music-box like instrumentals behind that son. Hell, I even liked "Nightmare" much better than "Graveyard".

At the end of the day, it's not that I don't like "Graveyard"; I'm feeling some of her other 2019 releases more than this one... :yes:

The music video on the other hand, was something else. :omg: That, and the fact that Halsey invited Sydney Sweeney - who I discovered during Tribeca and am currently developing a celeb crush on - to be in her video... *swoon* :shock::wub:

Hopefully this wasn't the only Halsey song on your list... :shifty: :whistling:

- Ooooh ahh these are interesting comments but ah I understand you preferring "Clementine" over "Graveyard." All of these comments make sense and I do feel Graveyard is one of those that still needs to grow on me.

Oooh I never heard of Sydney Sweeney before but ooo gotta take another look at the music video now. :haha: o:)

Can't answer that yet but you will find that out soon. :shifty:

115. Cardi B - “Press:” (You'll want to edit your coding here, since the closing tag is missing the /). But okay yay, now I know how many songs you're doing. I was on the right track with this clue, but never heard of this song before. This is not really for me, but lol the chorus. Do you at least change it to "Wally don't need more press" when you shout it? I might like that version.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” Yayy it is them and yayy this song. :wub: IT'S A COUNTRY ONE. So good. There is this ~shadow~ video of it, which works enough as a music video to me:

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” I don't remember if I ever heard this on the radio, but agree regarding dual single releases. "because one song will succeed and the other will fade away in dust" Yeah. :( Oh wow your comments on her voice on this. :unsure: I don't feel that way at all and love how she sings this. I love the feel of this song.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Oooh I don't think I could have gotten this clue. Was this ever on AT40? If so, I may have seen it on that list, but otherwise never heard of this. I like the parts you named. Not overall huge on this, but it's okay for me and is interesting.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” I feel like I've heard this quite a bit and do like it, but not as much as other songs of hers. I think my favorite part is that whole "They say I may be making a mistake" part, along with that part at 2:47 where she stops suddenly and there's like this dramatic inhale, but ugh all that silence in the video takes away from the drama of it when I hear it on radio. I always loved that part.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” I really like this a lot too and the vibe of it. lol how many times she says no in the chorus, but it's fun. I didn't know she sampled Lil' Kim in this... and don't know that song, but how interesting. I need to check it out for that title. But yes, like this and especially love her vocals towards the end. "i am mad I slept and ignored this" How dare you go to sleep and ignore a song? :haha: I know you meant you slept on this.

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” Yay Little Mix.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” Yay, I got four songs in a row right and actually most of this set. I don't recall ever hearing this on the radio or anything, but I really like it as well. "I do really like Miley on these raw vulnerable emotional songs. "

- The follow-up single to one of the biggest songs of the year from a new artist: Uhh hmm... So Am I by Ava Max or All the Good Girls Go to Hell by Billie Eilish? Lizzo comes to mind, but she would be higher. Although her single release order confuses me, so maybe it could be one of her lesser known songs.

- A K-Pop band that had a U.S. breakthrough with this single: BTS? I don't know any other K-Pop bands, although I know they exist. I guess this is the song with Halsey, although I still never heard it on radio or knew it was a breakthrough, but they did it at some awards show. Soo... my Ken Jeong guess here is Boy with Luv.

- A song from a female rapper who has been on this list multiple times over this past decade: I would guess Nicki Minaj. I don't know any songs from her this year, but looks like Megatron and Tusa were the ones.

- A song my favorite couple danced to on this season’s of So You Think You Can Dance: I can't remember who was even on this season. :dead: *thinks* Oh yeah, now I know. :haha: Hmm so what songs did Mariah and Bailey dance to... My only guess here is Tempo by Lizzo & Missy Elliott.

- The 3rd single release from this Canadian female singer’s latest album: :unsure: Carly Rae Jepsen or Avril Lavigne? No Drug Like You/Too Much or Dumb Blonde. No idea if you even know those songs... trying to think who else this could be. Alessia Cara. I forgot she was Canadian. Okay, she might be the better guess here. Hmm Out of Love is what fits the clue, unless it's from her EP, but I don't see the third single from that being here.

- The title of this song is named after an artist that has shown up on this latest set: Post Malone. What is that song? I don't know, but that's what it's called. Okay, Post Malone by Sam Feldt and Rani.

- A collaboration between a DJ artist and a country artist: I should have this answer. My highly educated guess here will be One Thing Right by Kane Brown and Marshmello. Nailed it. Yay Kane. :* Although, This Feeling by Kelsea Ballerini and The Chainsmokers is also an option if it crossed over.

- Oooh thanks for this opening comment. I didn’t notice I made that mistake. Mhmmm yess you do…. and it’s a smaller lis than usual for me. I was actually expecting to do 110 songs but up it to 115. Oooh well done being on track with Cardi’s Press but yeah I know that this song wouldn’t really be your thing. That’s okay though. Oooh lol noooo, I don’t actually change it - I keep it as Cardi but lololol awww at how you might like my version. :lmao:

- Yess surprise…. “All to Myself” is here and I knew you’d be happy about that. :teehee: Oooh loll your question and your response to it…. love it. But no this song wasn’t released to Top 40. :o I know you do love this song and am not surprised you do. Ooh yeah since it was on your list, I heard it there but I can’t remember if that was the first time I heard this. Yay us having the same favorite part. Oooh I did not see this shadow video on my searches but yay thanks for telling me about this. :hug:

- Ah not surprised of you not hearing “Shameless” on the radio. I did but it was mostly when it was just released. Ughh yeah, that does happen. :( There can be cases where both songs can succeed but often times one does well and the other doesn’t. Yeah I wasn’t a fan of her really higher upper register on this song for some reason. But I do like how she sings the rest of it and the feel of it is nice.

- Oooh awww I see. I didn’t really know what else to do with the TWYW clue, but mhmmm this song was on AT40. I can’t remember if it ever made the countdown…. I’m thinking no, but it was an extra. I do remember you pointing it out to me and making some “Take what you want” kind of joke haha. Ahh understandable comments but yess it is interesting.

- Understandable on Halsey’s Graveyard as I feel the sam way about this. Omgg aww yayy I love how specific you are with listing your favorite part of the song! :w00t: Ooh ugh I guess listening to it from the video won’t do it justice as it’s not there. >.

- Oooh yayy or really liking Mariah’s ANN. :w00t: OMG That’s a good question. I never counted but I wonder how many times she says no in the chorus too. It is really fun. Ahh yeah that was one of Lil’ Kim’s first songs and was out before my time but yeah I wouldn’t think you would know that one haha. Oooooh yesss the title of it - probably suits you more than the actual song itself but I do love that one. Yayy your comments on A No No though! Ugh yess I am mad at myself and do wish I listened to it more. But omgg lol I thought I wrote slept there. Totally missed that. :dead:

- Little Mix love. So f fun!

- Work it on guessing so many songs right! :w00t: I could never. Yeah I never heard Slide Away on the radio and actually went to double check to see if it was an official single release before doing a write-up as I wasn’t sure. It was so I got to keep it here. LOL I forgot I saw that comment (but I was thinking of Wrecking Ball) but yayy agreement! :D

Yayyy Denise guesses here! :w00t: LMAO I’m cracking up at your Ken Jeong guess reference here. Watch you actually be right. :giggle: But ahhh these are some veryyy interesting guesses here, and as always I LOVE your analysis on your guesses!

Oooh I never heard of Sydney Sweeney before but ooo gotta take another look at the music video now. :haha: o:)

She is an actress who is currently most known for her role on the HBO series Euphoria (which I still need to see, BTW :ph34rwave: ) - Halsey's music video may have been inspired by the show. :yes:

Edited by ShortstopVM

She is an actress who is currently most known for her role on the HBO series Euphoria (which I still need to see, BTW :ph34rwave: ) - Halsey's music video may have been inspired by the show. :yes:

Oooh I did not know she was on Euphoria, although I heard so much about that show. :o She's really pretty in that pic there. But hope you enjoy the show whenever you watch it.

I'm looking forward to another Wallace list! :w00twave:

I'll comment on your first set tomorrow, but I just wanted to let you know I'll be following your music countdown once again. ^_^

Steven! :w00twave:

Ahhh ok this sounds great to me! :D I will be posting one set every two days, so you won't be behind if you reply tomorrow. I love your comments so i can't wait to see your thoughts! :D

- Oooh thanks for this opening comment. I didn’t notice I made that mistake. Mhmmm yess you do…. and it’s a smaller lis than usual for me. I was actually expecting to do 110 songs but up it to 115. Oooh well done being on track with Cardi’s Press but yeah I know that this song wouldn’t really be your thing. That’s okay though. Oooh lol noooo, I don’t actually change it - I keep it as Cardi but lololol awww at how you might like my version. :lmao:

- Yess surprise…. “All to Myself” is here and I knew you’d be happy about that. :teehee: Oooh loll your question and your response to it…. love it. But no this song wasn’t released to Top 40. :o I know you do love this song and am not surprised you do. Ooh yeah since it was on your list, I heard it there but I can’t remember if that was the first time I heard this. Yay us having the same favorite part. Oooh I did not see this shadow video on my searches but yay thanks for telling me about this. :hug:

- Ah not surprised of you not hearing “Shameless” on the radio. I did but it was mostly when it was just released. Ughh yeah, that does happen. :( There can be cases where both songs can succeed but often times one does well and the other doesn’t. Yeah I wasn’t a fan of her really higher upper register on this song for some reason. But I do like how she sings the rest of it and the feel of it is nice.

- Oooh awww I see. I didn’t really know what else to do with the TWYW clue, but mhmmm this song was on AT40. I can’t remember if it ever made the countdown…. I’m thinking no, but it was an extra. I do remember you pointing it out to me and making some “Take what you want” kind of joke haha. Ahh understandable comments but yess it is interesting.

- Understandable on Halsey’s Graveyard as I feel the sam way about this. Omgg aww yayy I love how specific you are with listing your favorite part of the song! :w00t: Ooh ugh I guess listening to it from the video won’t do it justice as it’s not there. >.

- Oooh yayy or really liking Mariah’s ANN. :w00t: OMG That’s a good question. I never counted but I wonder how many times she says no in the chorus too. It is really fun. Ahh yeah that was one of Lil’ Kim’s first songs and was out before my time but yeah I wouldn’t think you would know that one haha. Oooooh yesss the title of it - probably suits you more than the actual song itself but I do love that one. Yayy your comments on A No No though! Ugh yess I am mad at myself and do wish I listened to it more. But omgg lol I thought I wrote slept there. Totally missed that. :dead:

- Little Mix love. So f fun!

- Work it on guessing so many songs right! :w00t: I could never. Yeah I never heard Slide Away on the radio and actually went to double check to see if it was an official single release before doing a write-up as I wasn’t sure. It was so I got to keep it here. LOL I forgot I saw that comment (but I was thinking of Wrecking Ball) but yayy agreement! :D

Yayyy Denise guesses here! :w00t: LMAO I’m cracking up at your Ken Jeong guess reference here. Watch you actually be right. :giggle: But ahhh these are some veryyy interesting guesses here, and as always I LOVE your analysis on your guesses!

- You're welcome. I just noticed when I previewed my post that my comments were all bold on the first song. :teehee: Ah, I aimed for around there, but... you'll see. Oh, you should sing it as Wally. :bye2:

- YAY. Oh, even better!

- Oh. :( Yeah, that is sucky... although I remember it with Ed and both songs were successful.

- Oh noo I wasn't saying anything about your clue, just that I probably couldn't guess it since I don't know this. Okay, thanks. Oh LOL me.

- Yayyy. Ugh yes, listen for that part next time please. It always stands out to me.

- I do. Too many to count. Oooh... omg well I listened to some and wow. Yikes. You did say "slept", but I mean you just said that and not "slept on it." It's like you were just sleeping and missed out. :haha:

-

- Thank you. Ooooo. What's funny about that comment? :bye2:

Yayy. Thank you. :teehee: There may be more of that. Well, I hope I'm right. Aww yay I'm glad you do.

- You're welcome. I just noticed when I previewed my post that my comments were all bold on the first song. :teehee: Ah, I aimed for around there, but... you'll see. Oh, you should sing it as Wally. :bye2:

- YAY. Oh, even better!

- Oh. :( Yeah, that is sucky... although I remember it with Ed and both songs were successful.

- Oh noo I wasn't saying anything about your clue, just that I probably couldn't guess it since I don't know this. Okay, thanks. Oh LOL me.

- Yayyy. Ugh yes, listen for that part next time please. It always stands out to me.

- I do. Too many to count. Oooh... omg well I listened to some and wow. Yikes. You did say "slept", but I mean you just said that and not "slept on it." It's like you were just sleeping and missed out. :haha:

-

- Thank you. Ooooo. What's funny about that comment? :bye2:

Yayy. Thank you. :teehee: There may be more of that. Well, I hope I'm right. Aww yay I'm glad you do.

- Oooh oops from me there. But love how observant you are there. :haha: Oooh you did? Ooooh can’t wait to really find out - but yea there wasn’t a lot of stuff I was crazy about hence the lower number haha. Omgg I just did but it does not sound right or as good as Cardi’s version. :haha:

- :teehee: Ah yes Speechless was sent to Pop radio. :yes: I remember them performing this on a New Year’s special so it could have been there? IDK.

- Mhmmm yeah. :( Ooh it did and I also remember this happening with Beyoncé…. and actually happened twice with her. :teehee:

- Ahh okay, that’s a fair comment there. :yes: Lol yesss you did do that. I thought you had heard it but I guess not. :haha:

- I will try to look out, or hear out for it, since it’s played on the radio often.

- Lmaoooo there sure is. :haha: LMAOOO OMGGG your reaction…. I am not surprised by any of this here. :lmao: It’s a jam! Oooh lol yea I meant slept on it and lol you know what I mean. :haha:

- Awww you should. :bye2:

- You’re welcome! I don’t know. I just forgot I said that lol.

Awww yess you are so welcome. :hug: Ooo lol reallly? :lmao: Hmmmm, you may see come tomorrow. Me too.

I love A No No, that is one of my jams.

Yayy Gigi! So glad you love A No No. :wub:

115. Cardi B - “Press:” Let me tell you something... I won't "press" play because I know that I won't like this song.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” Absolutely love this song, one of my favourite from their album.

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” She ain't someone that I am a fan of or would go out of my way to listen to. But this is good.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Potentially the only song of his that I can listen to.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” This song is called Graveyard and that's where this song belongs. Sorry, I just can't stand her voice.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” As Tom would say "Overbearing Diva"... Not feeling this song - she used to have the appeal but I don't think her voice or her appeal aged well considering who she has to compete with.

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” Fifth harmony could never! I like this song.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” Oh love this song from Miley! This is the Miley that I love <3

115. Cardi B - “Press:” OOP SIS the talent that this song has, we had no choice but to stan.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” LEGENDS, literally an amazing song that deserves more recognition

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” Camila queen, ik a lot of people aren't a huge fan of her new album but I love it, Shameless is a huge standout

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Miss ma'am... it's a no from me

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” Gross

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” Gross, stay retired

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” LOVE LM obviously but a bottom tier song of theirs, still pretty decent

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” QUEEEEEEEN. One of my fav songs of the year :wub:

115. Cardi B - “Press:” Let me tell you something... I won't "press" play because I know that I won't like this song.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” Absolutely love this song, one of my favourite from their album.

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” She ain't someone that I am a fan of or would go out of my way to listen to. But this is good.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Potentially the only song of his that I can listen to.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” This song is called Graveyard and that's where this song belongs. Sorry, I just can't stand her voice.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” As Tom would say "Overbearing Diva"... Not feeling this song - she used to have the appeal but I don't think her voice or her appeal aged well considering who she has to compete with.

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” Fifth harmony could never! I like this song.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” Oh love this song from Miley! This is the Miley that I love

- Lol well this is obvious from you. :bleh:

- Glad you love this Dan + Shay song though! :D

- Understandable comments regarding Camila but glad you do like this.

- Ooooh, interesting regarding TWYW. :haha:

- Lmaooo yikess these Halsey comments. :dead: Awww bummer you can't stand her voice.

- I thought I would only have to deal with these comments from Tom. :) Hmmm interesting comments here regarding Mariah. She's a legend and accomplished so much that I don't think she really has to compete with the current day popular singers but I can see what your saying.

- LOL we don't need to compare 5H and LM to each other, still. :bleh: But glad you do like this.

- Glad you love Slide Away and this side of Miley here. ^_^

115. Cardi B - “Press:” OOP SIS the talent that this song has, we had no choice but to stan.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” LEGENDS, literally an amazing song that deserves more recognition

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” Camila queen, ik a lot of people aren't a huge fan of her new album but I love it, Shameless is a huge standout

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Miss ma'am... it's a no from me

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” Gross

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” Gross, stay retired

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” LOVE LM obviously but a bottom tier song of theirs, still pretty decent

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” QUEEEEEEEN. One of my fav songs of the year :wub:

- Tell it, 45! :wub:

- Ooooh didn't know you loved ATM so much but yayy glad to hear you love this so much. It's a great song from them.

- Loving your Camila love here. Oooh and nice that Shameless is a big standout to you. It probably needs more time to grow on me.

- Aww bummer but not too surprised here. :(

- Bummer here.

- We gonna have to fight with these Mariah "Stay retired" comments here though. :ermm:

- Totally understandable on BB. This isn't one of my favorites from Little Mix either but we know they still slay.

- Wow so cool that "Slide Away" is one of your favorites of the year! :w00t:

Well at least this set doesn't have BTS and Motorsport like last year's first set? #lowstandards

115. Cardi B - “Press:” I enjoyed the background music. :yes: Too bad she had to ruin it with mindless rapping about vulgar topics, similar to Icky.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” Love this song, not as good as Tequila but it;s up there. They keep putting out great stuff. :yes:

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” Not one of my favorites from her but still ok. I prefer Liar and hope that appears later.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Ugh, Post Malone. Surpisngly, I didn't hate this though, might be my favorite of his since Rockstar.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” I would love to make a joke like Chris did about how this song belongs in the graveyard (most of her music does though), but it's one of her more tolerable ones.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” The Overbearing Diva has come back releasing bad songs with dumb titles and she has to use autotune and uncredited rappers so she doesn't even have her vocals going for her. It's a no no from me.

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” They can do better, but this is still decent. I wish they'd go back to their popier rooots rather than trying to fill Fifth Harmony's void.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” I generally avoid Miley's music but this was pretty good.

:wub:

Edited by Sadora

- Oooh oops from me there. But love how observant you are there. :haha: Oooh you did? Ooooh can’t wait to really find out - but yea there wasn’t a lot of stuff I was crazy about hence the lower number haha. Omgg I just did but it does not sound right or as good as Cardi’s version. :haha:

- :teehee: Ah yes Speechless was sent to Pop radio. :yes: I remember them performing this on a New Year’s special so it could have been there? IDK.

- Mhmmm yeah. :( Ooh it did and I also remember this happening with Beyoncé…. and actually happened twice with her. :teehee:

- Lmaoooo there sure is. :haha: LMAOOO OMGGG your reaction…. I am not surprised by any of this here. :lmao: It’s a jam! Oooh lol yea I meant slept on it and lol you know what I mean. :haha:

- Awww you should. :bye2:

Awww yess you are so welcome. :hug: Ooo lol reallly? :lmao: Hmmmm, you may see come tomorrow. Me too.

- Of course I noticed my post looked strange. :P Yeah, ugh I wish this could happen for me. >.

- Thought so. Oh. :(

- Oh, which songs were those?

- Yeah, I can't with some of those lyrics... at all. I know. :teehee:

- It's because of the "are you ready?" and "I don't think you're ready" parts right? They're just not the same, so it doesn't make me think of it.

:hug: Yes. I'm ready. :santa: *Wally thinks of Destiny's Child song*

Well at least this set doesn't have BTS and Motorsport like last year's first set? #lowstandards

115. Cardi B - “Press:” I enjoyed the background music. :yes: Too bad she had to ruin it with mindless rapping about vulgar topics, similar to Icky.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” Love this song, not as good as Tequila but it;s up there. They keep putting out great stuff. :yes:

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” Not one of my favorites from her but still ok. I prefer Liar and hope that appears later.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott): Ugh, Post Malone. Surpisngly, I didn't hate this though, might be my favorite of his since Rockstar.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” I would love to make a joke like Chris did about how this song belongs in the graveyard (most of her music does though), but it's one of her more tolerable ones.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” The Overbearing Diva has come back releasing bad songs with dumb titles and she has to use autotune and uncredited rappers so she doesn't even have her vocals going for her. It's a no no from me.

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” They can do better, but this is still decent. I wish they'd go back to their popier rooots rather than trying to fill Fifth Harmony's void.

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” I generally avoid Miley's music but this was pretty good.

:wub:

Excuse…. those were flawless songs. :*

- Lol pooh youuu. :haha: Well, at least you enjoy the music despite not liking Cardi’s content. Both rappers are amazing, tyvm. :*

- Glad that you love ATM. Oooh nice that this is nearly up there with Tequila for you.

- Ahh understandable comments on Camila’s Shameless. And we’ll have to see about Liar. :shifty:

- Omggg your opening comments. :lmao: Glad you don’t hate this and awww nice that this is one of your faves from him.

- LOL omggg you with the graveyard comments here. :lmao: But ahh I am glad you do find this song more tolerable from her at least. :haha:

- OMGGG I CAN’T with you with these comments but I was more or less expecting this from you regarding Mariah’s song. I’m :) @ this although the last sentence of “It’s a no no from me” made me chuckle. Sooo I’ll give you that. :haha:

- Glad you find Bounce Back decent from Little Mix. Aww I love it when they do both the poppy stuff and the more R&B/urban stuff and I think they can do both genres well. But I understand your comments. :yes:

- Lol your Miley comment but glad you like this. :haha:

Ugh you tainted Chris now. :bye2:

- Of course I noticed my post looked strange. :P Yeah, ugh I wish this could happen for me. >.

- Thought so. Oh. :(

- Oh, which songs were those?

- Yeah, I can't with some of those lyrics... at all. I know. :teehee:

- It's because of the "are you ready?" and "I don't think you're ready" parts right? They're just not the same, so it doesn't make me think of it.

:hug: Yes. I'm ready. :santa: *Wally thinks of Destiny's Child song*

- Oooh awww I see. :haha: Oooh you do? :o Aww I’m sorry. Noooo it isn’t. :no:

- Mhmm. Awww that’s not a bad thing.

- Well there was If I Were a Boy and Single Ladies in 2008 and then Drunk in Love and XO in late 2013/2014

- :giggle: I can’t really think of the lyrics off the top of my head but I see, lol. Yesss!

- I was only thinking and referring to the “Are you ready?” part in the song but hmm maybe I am making it up and thought I heard it in my head? If so I am more confusing than ever before. :dead:

OK that’s good. It wasn’t tomorrow yet but it will be after I wake up. :teehee:

- Oooh awww I see. :haha: Oooh you do? :o Aww I’m sorry. Noooo it isn’t. :no:

- Mhmm. Awww that’s not a bad thing.

- Well there was If I Were a Boy and Single Ladies in 2008 and then Drunk in Love and XO in late 2013/2014

- :giggle: I can’t really think of the lyrics off the top of my head but I see, lol. Yesss!

- I was only thinking and referring to the “Are you ready?” part in the song but hmm maybe I am making it up and thought I heard it in my head? If so I am more confusing than ever before. :dead:

OK that’s good. It wasn’t tomorrow yet but it will be after I wake up. :teehee:

- Yes, I always have too much. :( Yes.

- I wanted you to hear it from me first. :bye2:

- Okay thank youu. I know the first two were both huge. I can't remember about XO?

- I should not quote them.

- That's what I said. :unsure: "Are you ready?" from Little Mix and "I don't think you're ready" from Destiny's Child. Is that not right?

You didn't comment on my joke. :broken: But okay. Guess you're sleeping in a lot today. :teehee:

- Yes, I always have too much. :( Yes.

- I wanted you to hear it from me first. :bye2:

- Okay thank youu. I know the first two were both huge. I can't remember about XO?

- I should not quote them.

- That's what I said. :unsure: "Are you ready?" from Little Mix and "I don't think you're ready" from Destiny's Child. Is that not right?

You didn't comment on my joke. :broken: But okay. Guess you're sleeping in a lot today. :teehee:

- Nooooooo you do not. :no: I: do.

- There are songs I do hear from you first but not every new/non-single applies to that.

- Mhmmm you’re welcome. Yep. Although in the examples we used, one song blew up right away while the other song would blow up later - so it felt like separate singles, kinda. “XO” was released as the single to Pop radio, but DIL got really popular overall in sales and other radio formats, which killed off XO.

- Ooh. :o

- No I thougt there was a “steady (can’t remember the word?), are you ready?” in there too. I wasn’t thinking of the “I don’t think you’re ready” parts.

Oooh oops, mee. I did see it and thought it was cute and funny. :haha: YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. I’m still sleeping. :bobo: Although gah gotta get these clues and try to finalize the order of this set. Will be up shortly.

107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini”

bXcSLI58-h8

We all know Lil' Nas X had a big year with that huge hit “Old Town Road” and for those of you wondering, yes he does have another song and that’s “Panini” which opens this set at #107. This is a fun song, although also really silly too. But it cracks me up. For instance the parts where he sings: Ayy, Panini, don't you be a meanie. Thought you wanted me to go up. Why you tryna keep me teeny?. That first line especially cracks me up…. “ay panini, don’t you be a meanie.” :giggle: I do also like the parts where he sings: Just say to me. What you want from me. Just say to me. What you want from me. Also this song is super short…. it’s like 1:51 and there’s some extra addition in the music video that makes it still under 2 and a half minutes.

106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI)

TewoJFN61mI

You didn’t have to wait too long for more Post Malone, except wait no….. this isn’t Post Malone but a song called “Post Malone” by Sam Feldt & RANI. I was definitely intrigued by this and was wondering why there was a song called, “Post Malone.” Admitally, I thought they were using his name to gain the song popularity with streams and views and all of that - especially as they barely mention Post Malone. Heck this Youtube comment says it all: “And the award for the most click bait title 2019 goes to......” :dead: Anyway this is a fun dance track and I did grow to like it for the song that it is. I never heard of either artist and for some reason thought RANI was a girl group but I see she’s a Dutch singer. I do like her voice. The chorus is really fun where it goes: Tonight we go all night long. We party like Post Malone. Don't tell me to go-oh-oh. Yeah we are never ever going home. Tonight, ain't nobody kill my vibe. Don't tell me to go-oh-oh. Yeah we are never ever going home. Those “Yeah we are never ever going home” parts are definitely the standout and my favorite parts! :bobo: An I think the song should really be called “We Are Never Ever Going Home” but oh well.

105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown)

29a6o5vRKVM

Marshmello and Kane Brown’s big hit collaboration of “One Thing Right” lands at #105. While Marshmello has made a few appearances in the past, this is Kane Brown’s first appearance on my list which I am sure and hope Denise will appreciate. :teeheewave: This was a very odd and unexpected collabo but I often think this with DJ artists and country artists, no matter how common it’s becoming lately. :haha: It was very interesting hearing Kane Brown regularly on pop radio but well done to him for having his first pop hit. Kane’s voice isn’t really my cup of tea, though I do think he’s talented, but this was one of those songs i needed many listens to to like and grow used to which eventually did happen. I do like the pre-chorus and chorus parts most from him where he sings: I've been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Chasin' all the wrong things most of my life. Been every kinda lost that you can't find. But I got one thing right. Been the kind of guy girl's mamas don't like. Runnin' with the wrong crowd on the wrong nights. ‘Cause I've been wrong about a million times. But I got one thing right, you. I like the music production after those parts, which has a dancey country flair to it, that I don’t know how to describe - but has cool sounding effects.

104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana)

PGCFaZIeB3k

Monsta X makes their first ever appearance on my list with “Who Do U Love?” featuring French Montana at #104. Monsta X is a K-Pop boy band that….. I don’t know if I ever heard of them before. Either I have and didn’t ever pay attention to them or I never heard of them. This was one of those songs I never really paid attention to for awhile. I did hear it sometime around the summer, but not sure when or where that was. I want to say it was some award show - Teen Choice Awards? Then I heard the song some more some months later and it started growing on me where I would actually like and bop to it. This song reminds me of something that I can’t point my finger on, which is annoying me so ugh. I do love the chorus and that is what stands out to me. Who do you love? Is it him or me? 'Cause I can't take the pressure anymore. Who do you love? Girl, it's killin' me. If you can't say that I'm the one for sure. Then I'm walkin' out the door :bobo: I like French Montana’s verse, especially the My two things fighting like Monica and Brandy line. :haha: But yeah this song has a really cool style and swag to it. Well done Monsta X winning me over with this song…. let’s see if they can do it again! :shifty:

103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON”

C3a1sz2Bp_E

Clean Link:

Another one of Tom’s favorites….. Nicki! :wub: Of course I’m not gonna have a year-end list without some Nicki Minaj, so here she is at #103 with “MEGATRON.” I remember when this song was coming out, around late June. I heard about it from Pulse Music board and actually went to check it out on Youtube right away, which is something I don’t do. By right away, it was probably the day or a few days after its release. This song has a bit of a different sound but I love the Dancehall feel to it. It’s such a hot jam, and another one of those songs i wish I had heard more of throughout the year, but i do jam out to it whenever I hear it. :bobo: I love her rapping of course but a part that sticks out to me is where she raps: My name is Nicki M. I’m in a sticky Benz. That mean it's candy apple red. I’m Barbie, this is Ken. I do love the chorus and find that part so fun where she sings: Brrah-dah-dah-dah. Shot-shot-shots I'm drinkin’. It's better when I'm drinkin’. I tune up when I'm drinkin'. BRRRAH- DAH-DAH-DAHH! :bobo: Oh and it goes without saying but gonna say it anyway ut Nicki looks really hot in the video too. :wub:

102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott)

Srq1FqFPwj0

Clean Link:

Not sure if you all heard of this next artist but I present to you Lizzo! :giggle: Lizzo may have had quite the big year in 2019…. and well here she is with “Tempo” featuring Missy Elliott. Ah It’s amazing how Lizzo got to collaborate with Missy Elliott as I saw some interviews and messages/posts of hers saying how much Missy was a big inspiration to her so I am sure she was LIVING with this collabo. This song is a fun and hot jam and of course Lizzo out here doing here thing to this. She’s talking about how she needs her tempo…. so turn it up. :* OMGG the part where she raps Pitty-pat, pitty-pat, pitty-pitty-pat (Pat). Look at my a$$, it's fitty-fitty-fat (Fat). Kitty cat, kitty cat, kitty-kitty cat (Cat). Prrr me a glass, boy, I like my water wet (Wet) cracks me up. That SOOO reminds me of Missy. :dead: Then OMGGG the part where she raps: Come eat some of this cakey (Cake). He look like he could gain a little weight (A little weight). Lick the icing off, put the rest in your face (Face). Then Lizzo singing/rapping Twerk skills up on legendary cracks me up but she tells it how she tells it. Oooh Miss Lizzo. :giggle: I love Missy (DUH!) and what she brings to the song with her verse…. Let's go (Let's go), let's go (Let's go). All the fly girls head to the dance floor. Kitty cat, kitty cat, prrr. All the thick girls down on the flrrr (On the floor). Ice on my neck like brrr (Like brrr). I’m big-boned with nice curves (Nice curves). I LOVE how she stutters or makes those funny sound effects at the end of her lines. SO good! :haha: I love Lizzo’s flute playing at the end of this too. Ooh and as i mentioned with my SYTYCD clue, my favorite couple of the latest season Mariah & Bailey (who were also the actual Top 2 too) were

:bobo: Don’t come @ me for this, Elliott. And another shout-out to Elliott because he introduced me to this song and I first heard it from him so yay for that.

101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love”

oljXXw0wgmg

I like Alessia Cara of course but she did disappoint me with her 2nd album material, sadly. :ph34r: Thankfully there was this song, “Out Of Love,” which I do like and like enough to include on my list at #101. I feel like this may have been one of those songs i heard first from Denise’s list but not sure. And after so many jams and bops, I think it’s time to slow it down with this beautiful ballad. This is an understated, simplistic but beautiful song where you only need a piano, emotion and Alessia’s stunning vocals. This song is really sad and quite heartbreaking, as it deeps with and talks about falling out of love with someone. I do love Alessia’s voice here and especially the pre-chorus and chorus of this where she sings: There's not a thing I could say. Not a song I could sing. For your mind to change. Nothing can fill up the space. Won't ask you to stay. But let me ask you one thing. Oh, when did you fall out of love, out of love? Oh, when did you fall out of love with me?. The chorus is those last two lines and rather short - but she drags it out and makes it sooo vulnerable and heartbreaking. :bye2: Ugh my heart breaks for Alessia here. :broken: But yeah her storytelling of the lyrics and what she’s singing is so pleasant to the ears!

[b]107. Lil' Nas X - “Panini:”[/b]
[b]106. Sam Feldt - “Post Malone” (feat. RANI):[/b]
[b]105. Marshmello - “One Thing Right” (feat. Kane Brown):[/b]
[b]104. Monsta X - “Who Do U Love?” (feat. French Montana):[/b]
[b]103. Nicki Minaj - “MEGATRON:”[/b]
[b]102. Lizzo - “Tempo” (feat. Missy Elliott):[/b]
[b]101. Alessia Cara - “Out Of Love:”[/b]

And now we have finally reached the Top 100! :w00t: Clues for Songs #100-95:

- Another song from an artist that has showed up on this set.

- Two members who were from the same music group - but make solo appearances with their respective songs.

- Two songs that starts off with the same word. One from a popular female singer and the other from a band that once appeared in my Top 10 on a previous songs list.

- An artist who had a big breakthrough year - and makes their first appearance with this song.