Wally's Favorite Songs of 2019!

*Wallace

Helllooo everyone and welcome to my favorite yearly tradition of counting down my Year-End Top Songs of the year thread….. and this year, I will be focusing on the songs from 2019, of course. :w00twave: Sadly i can’t post my past years threads, as we don’t have them anymore but let’s not dwell on that. :(

But yeah as usual with my list, I like a wide variety of music so lots of various music genres will be represented - everything from pop, R&B, rap, dance, country, hip-hop, rock, Latin and much more. There may be some songs you know very to songs you may not be too familiar with….. and stuff in between. I’m hoping that I can introduce you all to songs you may like from hearing the first time on here.

Sooo this is kinda the least prepared I’ve been for a list, as so many Rankdowns are taking up my IDF writing time. :dead: I still got lots of songs to write up and clues will be coming up later. Hoping to start the actual list, ASAP.

The number of songs I will post will be revealed soon. But I will link each set of list on this front page, for guidance and those that may get behind.

I hope you all will comment and enjoy. I want to hear from EVERYONE. Be respectful of course. Be sassy, shady and snarky of course, but not not overboard cruel.

My Songs List Index:

115-108

107-101

100-95

94-89

88-83

82-77

76-71

70-65

64-59

58-53

52-47

46-41

40-35

34-29

28-23

22-17

16-11

Close Calls

10-7

6-4

Watch Out for in 2020

3-1

Omggg awww Denise, I lovee your excitement! :w00twave: :" border="0" alt="blushing.gif" /> Thanks.

I also feel like you usually use an Elf gif for your excitement which I don't mind at all. :haha:

:wub: Of course! :hug: I knew once I started mine, your list wouldn't be far behind. :giggle:

I know I used it before, but those posts are gone now, so I will post it again. (!) And I love to do it anyway! It's perfect and timely. :wub: :santa:

:wub: Of course! :hug: I knew once I started mine, your list wouldn't be far behind. :giggle:

I know I used it before, but those posts are gone now, so I will post it again. (!) And I love to do it anyway! It's perfect and timely. :wub: :santa:

Ooooh. I see, I seee. :teehee: :haha: I didn't know exactly when I was going to start it.

Mhmmm you did and ughh yeah they are. It's fine to post it again! I know you doo. :haha:

Gonna try to work on clues tonight, hopefully. :haha:

So exciting :D

Frankie! :w00twave: Glad to have you following this year.

Hip Hop and R&B is amazing this yead so I am hoping to see their slayage in your list!

Veee! :w00twave:

You may have to wait and seee about that! :shifty:

Clues for the first set of songs to show up! :sorcerer:

- A song from a rapper and the title of it is something a lot of super famous celebs deal with.

- A song from one of my all-time favorite singers that features the same word twice.

- A song from a popular group where the two words in its title starts with the same letter.

- A collaboration from three artists - which includes two current popular rappers and a rock legend.

- A popular female singer, who released dual singles for her first single of her latest album and one of these songs show up.

- You could find a lot of tomb stones at this place.

- A song from a female singer that was performed at the MTV VMAs this year.

- A song from a country music duo latest album.

- A song from a rapper and the title of it is something a lot of super famous celebs deal with: Something about paparazzi or rumors, I'm guessing... hmm can't find one that fits.

- A song from one of my all-time favorite singers that features the same word twice: Mariah Carey - A No No

- A song from a popular group where the two words in its title starts with the same letter: Little Mix - Bounce Back?

- A collaboration from three artists - which includes two current popular rappers and a rock legend: I don't know. :no:

- A popular female singer, who released dual singles for her first single of her latest album and one of these songs show up: Selena Gomez? Look at Her Now. :unsure: Or Camila Cabello... Liar or Shameless.

- You could find a lot of tomb stones at this place: Halsey - Graveyard

- A song from a female singer that was performed at the MTV VMAs this year: Ava Max, Taylor Swift, Lizzo, Normani... I hope Taylor and think Lizzo and Normani will be higher. I think Sweet But Psycho will be higher, but could be Torn. Maybe Slide Away by Miley Cyrus.

- A song from a country music duo latest album: My children Dan + Shay?

lurking IPB Image

Hii Istersay! :w00twave:

I can't wait to see what annoying songs I missed on the radio this year...as usual. :giggle: But seriously, hope to see some Tinashe. Maybe some Jidenna too.

:)

Oooh possibly. :shifty:

The only song I can think of from those clues is Graveyard by Halsey which I'm not even sure if it exists.

:shifty:

I have never watched threads like this so this should be interesting to follow! :thumbs:;)

Glad to have you following! :w00twave::hug:

- A song from a rapper and the title of it is something a lot of super famous celebs deal with: Something about paparazzi or rumors, I'm guessing... hmm can't find one that fits.

- A song from one of my all-time favorite singers that features the same word twice: Mariah Carey - A No No

- A song from a popular group where the two words in its title starts with the same letter: Little Mix - Bounce Back?

- A collaboration from three artists - which includes two current popular rappers and a rock legend: I don't know. :no:

- A popular female singer, who released dual singles for her first single of her latest album and one of these songs show up: Selena Gomez? Look at Her Now. :unsure: Or Camila Cabello... Liar or Shameless.

- You could find a lot of tomb stones at this place: Halsey - Graveyard

- A song from a female singer that was performed at the MTV VMAs this year: Ava Max, Taylor Swift, Lizzo, Normani... I hope Taylor and think Lizzo and Normani will be higher. I think Sweet But Psycho will be higher, but could be Torn. Maybe Slide Away by Miley Cyrus.

- A song from a country music duo latest album: My children Dan + Shay?

Denise guesses! :w00t: Hmm...not badd at all here. :shifty:

Bare with me if this list is slower pace than usual.... I haven't had anything pre-written and working on these as I go! :ph34rwave: Let's get started!

115. Cardi B - “Press”

cJc7xWJbwJw

Clean Link:

Kicking off my 2019 Year-End Songs list at #115 is Cardi B with “Press.” :sorcerer: This song was actually a last minute inclusion and I was debating whether to put it on my honorable mentions list or on the main list - but I decided with the latter. Ugh I do feel bad regarding me with this song as I didn’t really listen to this much nor was too familiar with it. I only heard it a handful of times but wish I heard it more as I’m sure it would have grown on me. The main reason I included this is because of that catchy chorus where Cardi says Press, press, press, press, press (Cardi). Cardi don't need more press. :bobo: I like to shot those parts out sometimes.... PRESS PRESS PRESS PRESS PRESS. CARDI DON'T NEED MORE PRESS. (!) I’m not too familiar with the verses but i love her rapping and of course she kills it with her delivery. I ask really enjoyed her

, which was hot.

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself”

9EV0H4-e-DE

Coming up next is country/pop duo, Dan + Shay with “All To Myself” at #114. This was a song I was unsure I was ever going to include but ultimately I decided to - and I think Denise will be pleasantly surprised by the addition of this song. Dan + Shay provide very nice vocals on this track, as they usually do. I was mostly familiar with this song wherever I saw them perform it on late night shows, award shows or other specials and always enjoyed listening to it there. The main reason this song made my list is because of the chorus which I do enjoy and find catchy. I especially love the parts that goes: I want you all, all, all to myself, to myself, yeah at 1:35. Those ALL ALLLLLL parts are the best parts and fun to sing along to. :giggle: Ooh and I’m shocked and disappointed this song doesn’t have a music video to it. Didn’t know that to now but bummer. :( But at least it’s on this list.

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless”

Fp_P_e1cPOE

Camila Cabello had a pretty good year in 2019, although it seemed quiet for her the first half of the year. But Camila shows up at #113 with “Shameless.” I remember she had that dual single release with both this and “Liar” and that strategy kinda annoys me when artists does that because one song will succeed and the other will fade away in dust - which I felt was the case with “Shameless.” I heard this song a bit for maybe about 2 weeks? And then after that I didn’t really hear it much. Camila does sound mostly really good on this although I am not too fond of her higher register on this. It’s a little I don’t know the word but… can be a bit screechy? :unsure: But then there are times where I don’t mind it? I’m sooo confusing. :dead: I like how she sings the rest of the song. The song does have this intriguing and dark feel to it. Overall, not a favorite of mine from Camila but I like it enough to include it here.

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott)

LYa_ReqRlcs

Post Malone had another very huge year in 2019 where he’s selling and streaming lots of records, of course. And one of the songs to contribute to his successful year was “Take What You Want,” which features Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott. This is such a WOW and crazy collaboration, as Post is on a record with a rock/heavy metal legend and one of the biggest names of rap - and Post is someone that can bridge the two genres so seamlessly together. This also has to be the first time Ozzy Osbuorne has ever been on my countdown, which is something I never imagined to happen. :lmao: So welcome, Ozzy! He sounds really good on this and I love the parts where he sings: Why don't you take what you want from me? Take what you need from me. Take what you want and go. I do like the parts where Post sings in a higher register at 0:55 where he sings: Yeah, you preyed on my every mistake. Waited on me to break. Held me under hoping I would drown. Like a plague, I was wasting away, tryna find my way out. Find my way out and those parts afterwards. I like Travis’ part and I’m not sure my favorite part from him but maybe at 2:20 where he raps/sings: Love. Shorty gone back. Need it on sight and that section. This is another song I haven’t heard too much and I didn’t care too much for it on first listen although I was intrigued by this - especially the collaboration and the actual sound of the track. But it’s one of those that grows on me with each listen and continues to do so.

111. Halsey - “Graveyard”

rPgaYeq9NvI

Halsey’s “Graveyard” is proably the song I heard the most and am most familiar with in this set. I clearly do like this song but it hasn’t really grown as fast on me as i was hoping it would. :( I do like Halsey’s voice and think she sounds really pretty on this. I really like the pre-chorus and chorus where she sings: Oh, 'cause I keep digging myself down deeper. I won't stop till I get where you are. I keep running, I keep running, I keep running. They say I may be making a mistake. I woulda followed all the way. No matter how far. I know when you go. Down all your darkest roads. I woulda followed all the way to the graveyard. Then the part where the song gets faster and more uptempo is pretty cool too. The whole song has a cool vibe to it. But I think it’s quite similar to her song “Eastside” with Benny Blanco and Khalid, which I’ve heard A TON - so I would have liked something g a little different from Halsey. But it’s still a nice song.

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No”

2sap-GTtCiU

Coming up next is of my all-time favorite singers and Tom’s especially, Mariah Carey with “A No No” at #110! :teehee: Ugh the big fan side of me feels bad ranking this so low but I sadly didn’t get to hear this much. :( I do like this song and want to talk about it hence it being here and I’m sure if I heard it more, it would no doubt be higher. Although at the same time I did keep moving this up but can’t too much more. I love the old school 90s feel of this song and am especially HERE for its sample of

. Mariah looks hot in the video and provides nice and sweet vocals that I love from her. I love the sassiness she provides on the verses. The chorus is my favorite part where she sings I said no. No no no, a no no. No no, that's a no no. No no, I said no no. No no. So fun and sassy. :giggle: Then I also love the part at 1:15 where she sings: Even if I was the last woman alive. I would be like Ginger, you ain't Gilligan isle. Lol that Gilligan Island reference. :dead: And her flawless whistle notes at the end are golden. Aww and it’s adorable she has her twins in the music video. This is a fun hot jam from Mariah, and i am mad I slept and ignored this. I doubt this will ever be amongst my favorite Mariah songs ever, but I am sure I will have more of an appreciation for it later on.

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back”

fnGHESypBuU

“Bounce Back” from Little Mix is another song I wish I heard more often and had higher but sadly…. just wasn’t the case. :( I do love Little Mix of course and “Bounce Back” is such a jam! I do love how this song samples

. Although I also love those “steady, are you ready” parts, which always reminds and makes me think of Destiny’s Child’s “Bootylicious.” :haha: Anywho those However do you want me. However do you need me parts on the chorus are super catchy and the parts that most sticks out to me….. the few times I’ve heard this. Never saw this video before but this is a really hot and fun video from Little Mix. Do your thing, ladies! :bobo:

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away”

rrvFv6j3-sM

Miley Cyrus’s “Slide Away” is kinda a similar’ish situation to “Shameless” where I feel like I heard the song quite a bit when it was out for the first 2 weeks or so but then I didn’t really hear it much afterwards and kinda forgot about it? I do really like Miley on these raw vulnerable emotional songs. The subject matter is deep, sad and heartbreaking but she sells it well with how she connects with and sings it. I do really like the pre-chorus and chorus of the song where she sings: I want my house in the hills. Don't want the whiskey and pills. I don't give up easily. But I don't think I'm down. So won't you slide away. Back to the ocean. I’ll go back to the city lights. So won't you slide away. Back to the ocean. Nahh nah nah you'll slide away. :bye2: Such sadness in those lyrics. Another part that stands out to me is where she sings: Move on, we're not seventeen. I’m not who I used to be. You say that everything's changed. You're right, we're grown now. As I also mentioned in my clue, this song was performed on the VMAs aand I enjoyed that performance from Miley, which you can view

[b]115. Cardi B - “Press:”[/b]
[b]114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:”[/b]
[b]113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:”[/b]
[b]112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott):[/b]
[b]111. Halsey - “Graveyard:”[/b]
[b]110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:”[/b]
[b]109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:”[/b]
[b]108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:”[/b]

Clues for Songs #107-101 (subject to change):

- The follow-up single to one of the biggest songs of the year from a new artist.

- A K-Pop band that had a U.S. breakthrough with this single

- A song from a female rapper who has been on this list multiple times over this past decade.

- A song my favorite couple danced to on this season’s of So You Think You Can Dance

- The 3rd single release from this Canadian female singer’s latest album.

- The title of this song is named after an artist that has shown up on this latest set.

- A collaboration between a DJ artist and a country artist.

iI'I115. Cardi B - “Press:” I'm not a Cardi fan

114. Dan + Shay - “All To Myself:” I like their 10,000 with Justin Bieber

113. Camila Cabello - “Shameless:” So that's what happened to this. It was released as a duel and got lost. Such a shame, it's great too

112. Post Malone - “Take What You Want” (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis S cott):Not big on Post

111. Halsey - “Graveyard:” Don't care for it

110. Mariah Carey - “A No No:” NHT

109. Little Mix - “Bounce Back:” NHT

108. Miley Cyrus - “Slide Away:” Don't care