• Steven
    • Nicki
    • Mariah
    • Keith
    • Harry
    • Katy
    • Lionel
    • Luke

Because it's an important topic to discuss and that is why Katy Perry is the worst judge this show has ever had, which is why it is relevant to this thread.

I know it's relevant to the thread, but holy moly. If someone objects to someone touching them or kissing them, they should confront the person and just say knock it off. If they continue, then that's another story, but folks these days will make mountains out of molehills. I don't like that this culture wants everyone to go away when they've committed the slightest transgression. It's overkill and extremely boring.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's relevant to the thread, but holy moly. If someone objects to someone touching them or kissing them, they should confront the person and just say knock it off. If they continue, then that's another story, but folks these days will make mountains out of molehills. I don't like that this culture wants everyone to go away when they've committed the slightest transgression. It's overkill and extremely boring.

Okay I see where you're coming from, but I bet you would not be saying that if it was a guy judge who did that to a female contestant. To be fair though, people should be able to read body language too because there are times the other person's body language is obvious and is showing that they don't want to be touched. That guy said he didn't want to be kissed and Katy Perry loves to be the center of attention and thought that she would get away with kissing him without his permission since she's a woman and not a guy and as it turned it out, she did get away with it because people like you calling it flirtatious and cute, when you and I know both if it was a guy judge who did that to a female contestant, no one would have called it flirtatious or cute and that is why I have a problem and I think there are double standards with American Idol.

Edited by movieguy40

The fact that Katy isn't winning this poll is killing you huh? :dead:

IPB Image

I don't like Nicki and find her annoying. You don't Katy because she kissed a boy and he liked it. WE GET IT. :dead:

And the ratings went down after 12 dramatically so yeah, I attribute both Mariah and Nicki has the start of the downfall for Idol.

The fact that Katy isn't winning this poll is killing you huh? :dead:

IPB Image

I don't like Nicki and find her annoying. You don't Katy because she kissed a boy and he liked it. WE GET IT. :dead:

And the ratings went down after 12 dramatically so yeah, I attribute both Mariah and Nicki has the start of the downfall for Idol.

No he didn't like it actually, but I see you don't like the truth and are trying to be funny. If he gave her his consent to do that, I would have been fine with that, but he didn't and Katy Perry took advantage of him because of people like you who don't understand the seriousness of what she did. Like I said, if a guy judge did that to a female contestant, you would be singing a way different tune.

Edited by movieguy40

People like me? I find that offensive as a POC. :) If he was really bothered about it he could have filed a sexual assault/harassment claim. He didn't. I'm sure he has moved on. You should too.

Why are you bringing race into it? Why do you assume I know what you look like? When I said people like you, I meant your attitude and beliefs that you would just let something like this slide because it was a woman, but you wouldn't have if it was a male. Do you ever consider that sometimes it is hard for someone to come forward with something like this? Because it means living through it again. But yeah because he didn't file a claim, we shouldn't take it seriously. This is exactly what I mean by double standards.

Edited by movieguy40

Why are you bringing race into it? Why do you assume I know what you look like? When I said people like you, I meant your attitude and beliefs that you would just let something like this slide because it was a woman, but you wouldn't have if it was a male. Do you ever consider that sometimes it is hard for someone to come forward with something like this? Because it means living through it again. But yeah because he didn't file a claim, we shouldn't take it seriously. This is exactly what I mean by double standards.

I'm trying to make an example about how everyone takes offense to everything so easily nowadays. For the record, I am not offended. :haha: I know about double standards. As a woman, I know about double standards. I'm not stupid. That is the world we live in today. I am not undermining the situation (which I vaguely remember) but it just seems like you're making it a bigger deal than it is and if as if you are mad she isn't winning the poll by a landslide. We are not going to agree on this matter so let's drop it.

And just to clarify; it this was a male there would be an uproar, I know. I think Steven sexualized female contestants too and I don't see an uproar? Aerosmith are enjoying a successful residency in Vegas. I'm done with this topic. Back to who is winning: Ellen DeGeneres.

Cancel Culture is the worst.

Adding: "Benjamin Glaze said he didn't feel sexually harassed by Perry and appreciated her tweeting about him, which helped give his music more exposure."; according to an article I just found online. And this whole time I thought we talking about someone else. :dead: The guy with the girlfriend? I don't remember him name. Trevor Holmes, thanks Google. :dead:

I'm trying to make an example about how everyone takes offense to everything so easily nowadays. For the record, I am not offended. :haha: I know about double standards. As a woman, I know about double standards. I'm not stupid. That is the world we live in today. I am not undermining the situation (which I vaguely remember) but it just seems like you're making it a bigger deal than it is and if as if you are mad she isn't winning the poll by a landslide. We are not going to agree on this matter so let's drop it.

And just to clarify; it this was a male there would be an uproar, I know. I think Steven sexualized female contestants too and I don't see an uproar? Aerosmith are enjoying a successful residency in Vegas. I'm done with this topic. Back to who is winning: Ellen DeGeneres.

You obviously don't understand the difference between words and physical contact. Steven Tyler's comments never made any of the contestants uncomfortable and he didn't do it with the same contestant throughout the show like Katy Perry did with Cade Foehner and Trevor Holmes. Katy Perry didn't just flirt with Benjmain Glaze, she kissed him without his consent. Steven Tyler never kissed a female contestant without her consent. If Benjamin Glazze gave Katy Perry consent, that would have been perfectly okay, but he did not give it. The flirting would have been fine too if it didn't result in Katy Perry kissing Benjamin Glaze without his consent. But yes we can agree that Katy Perry was out of line for the incident and that what Steven Tyler did is not even close to being the same things as Katy Perry did.

Edited by movieguy40

Cancel Culture is the worst.

Is it the worst when Katy Perry didn't even apologize for her actions? Maybe then she would learn from her actions. Would you be saying "cancel culture" is the worst if it was a guy and not a woman that did it to another woman?

IPB Image

"Benjamin Glaze said he didn't feel sexually harassed by Perry and appreciated her tweeting about him, which helped give his music more exposure."; according to an article I just found online.

How do you know he wasn't forced to say that? For all you know, he might have had to sign NDA agreements because no one wanted him to say how he really felt.

IPB Image

"Benjamin Glaze said he didn't feel sexually harassed by Perry and appreciated her tweeting about him, which helped give his music more exposure."; according to an article I just found online.

How do you know he wasn't forced to say that? For all you know, he might have had to sign NDA agreements because no one wanted him to say how he really felt.

Edited by movieguy40

So know you're a lawyer? I thought you were a movie guy.

I know the truth hurts and you can't handle it.

The fact that Katy Perry is winning the poll; yeah you can't handle it. :dead:

So know you're a lawyer? I thought you were a movie guy.

The fact that Katy Perry is winning the poll; yeah you can't handle it. :dead:

I'm both. I'm just kidding. I'm not a lawyer, but I know a lot about the law. I have read a lot about it and I have watched a ton of law type shows.

People like me? I find that offensive as a POC. :) If he was really bothered about it he could have filed a sexual assault/harassment claim. He didn't. I'm sure he has moved on. You should too.

:thumbs: Cuz, good lord, movieguy, you'd think Katy commited murder, the way, you're carrying on.

Seriously, you are a bit obsessed, with her. :unsure:

Also ... 1234567890, luv, I mean LUV, BABY Yoda. The cutest, EVER!!!!!

:flowers:

Oh so Nicki Minaj is annoying because she is real and not fake? But you didn't find Katy Perry kissing a guy contestant without consent a problem? Okay then.
lol someone’s more pressed than a panini. Have I said I approved of Katy’s antics? No, I haven’t. :) I find them annoying too, but I don’t feel the need to spend every post I make complaining about it to annoy everyone else at IDF as if we can control her being a judge or not. :rolleyes:

Also Nicki Minaj is dating an actual pedophile who’s been charged and has defended his behaviour every chance she gets. So yeah, I’d say that’s worst.

I think Steven sexualized female contestants too and I don't see an uproar?
Because there wasn’t. :giggle: People just saw it as him being a funny old man even though he was hitting on Shannon Magrane, but that doesn’t fit the narrative so he’s not talking about it.

Also ... 1234567890, luv, I mean LUV, BABY Yoda. The cutest, EVER!!!!!

:wub:

Okay that's fine. Just for the record, I was staying on topic but then you and others were taking it off topic.

So you played no part? :dead: OMG. :dead: :dead: :dead:

IPB Image

lol someone’s more pressed than a panini. Have I said I approved of Katy’s antics? No, I haven’t. :) I find them annoying too, but I don’t feel the need to spend every post I make complaining about it to annoy everyone else at IDF as if we can control her being a judge or not. :rolleyes:

Also Nicki Minaj is dating an actual pedophile who’s been charged and has defended his behaviour every chance she gets. So yeah, I’d say that’s worst.

PREACH. (!)

IPB Image mess, thread was supposed to be about their judging, this is the Idol forum - please keep harassment and other news topics like that in the off topic forum

and

movieguy40 you have been warned many times in the past for posting this stuff over and over taking threads off topic, so please stop