• Lionel
    • Luke

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

Didn't Carrie Underwood kiss a child? Do you want to hold on that to that as well? The thread has gone off-topic because of your vendetta against Katy Perry. You don't like her. We get it. Moving on.

That is completely different. The 12 year old boy wanted Carrie Underwood to kiss him. She had his consent to do that. Do you know what the word consent means? If you don’t, then look it up. It basically means permission. Carrie Underwood has something that Katy Perry doesn’t have and that is class. That is why Carrie Underwood wouldn’t kiss someone without their consent. The guy contestant that Katy Perry kisses didn’t ask her to kiss him, which means that he didn’t give her his consent to do so. Also, I’m not going off topic because I’m saying why Katy Perry is the worst judge this show has ever had. It actually seems like you are going off topic for bringing Carrie Underwood into a thread that deals with American Idol judges and Carrie Underwood wasn’t a judge on American Idol.

Edited by movieguy40

That is completely different. The 12 year old boy wanted Carrie Underwood to kiss him. She had his consent to do that. Do you know what the word consent means? If you don’t, then look it up. It basically means permission. Carrie Underwood has something that Katy Perry doesn’t have and that is class. That is why Carrie Underwood wouldn’t kiss someone without their consent. The guy contestant that Katy Perry kisses didn’t ask her to kiss him, which means that he didn’t give her his consent to do so. Also, I’m not going off topic because I’m saying why Katy Perry is the worst judge this show has ever had. It actually seems like you are going off topic for bringing Carrie Underwood into a thread that deals with American Idol judges and Carrie Underwood wasn’t a judge on American Idol.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I just don't understand why you are talking about the incident with Carrie Underwood that is completely different from Katy Perry. Please explain how these are very similar or exactly the same. Enlighten me. I don't have a vendetta against Katy Perry. I don't like Katy Perry for a very good reason. She thinks she can get away with flirting with the guys and trying to kiss them without their consent (she has only done that with one guy so far) and I'm not okay with that. If she apologized, then I would have an easier time moving on. You want to like Katy Perry fine. I'm not telling you not to like her. I'm not telling anyone not to like her. I'm just saying that I myself along with many other people do not like her especially for that incident alone.

Edited by movieguy40

How? He is one of the funniest people in the world and extremely smart. And he was 100% better than Katy Perry as an American Idol judge without question. Plus, he didn’t have to flirt with girls to be liked as a judge. Katy Perry is trying too hard to be funny with over the top dramatics and grab the attention of guy contestants by excessively flirting with them.

I'd rather he flirt with the girls than slut shame them like he did with Emily Piriz :x

I'd rather he flirt with the girls than slut shame them like he did with Emily Piriz :x

How did he "slut shame" Emily Piriz?

How did he "slut shame" Emily Piriz? My point was when he flirted, it wasn't as much as Katy Perry and it wasn't with the same female contestants throughout their time on the show. I'm okay with some fun flirting. Harry Connick Jr. never went too far with that except for that Emily Piriz incident that you brought up. That's why I was okay with him doing the flirting.

I just don't understand why you are talking about the incident with Carrie Underwood that is completely different from Katy Perry. Please explain how these are very similar or exactly the same. Enlighten me. I don't have a vendetta against Katy Perry. I don't like Katy Perry for a very good reason. She thinks she can get away with flirting with the guys and trying to kiss them without their consent (she has only done that with one guy so far) and I'm not okay with that. If she apologized, then I would have an easier time moving on. You want to like Katy Perry fine. I'm not telling you not to like her. I'm not telling anyone not to like her. I'm just saying that I myself along with many other people do not like her especially for that incident alone.

Didn't I walk away from the conversation. Where in that gif did it show that I wanted to discuss it more? Again:

IPB Image

I'm glad you also thought the kissing thing that Katy Perry did with the guy contestant was inappropriate especially since he didn't even give her his consent. She still hasn't apologized for it yet.

GOOD LORD, why are we still talking about this? :rofl:

My pick for worst is definitely Ellen, which is difficult because I do like her. She just never got into the rhythm of it and appeared to take cues from what Randy was saying.

GOOD LORD, why are we still talking about this? :rofl:

My pick for worst is definitely Ellen, which is difficult because I do like her. She just never got into the rhythm of it and appeared to take cues from what Randy was saying.

Because it's an important topic to discuss and that is why Katy Perry is the worst judge this show has ever had, which is why it is relevant to this thread.

For anyone who is thinking I have a vendetta against Katy Perry when I clearly don't have a vendetta against Katy Perry, look up Josh Kloss and Tina Kandelaki and you'll see why. If any other judge did what Katy Perry did on American Idol, I would not like them just as much, but the fact is none of them have.

Edited by movieguy40

Nicki’s annoying and is super problematic nowadays, but she was pretty much the only judge in S12 actually offering constructive advice and wasn’t afraid of being honest. Something that the show was missing since Simon left, but once he became a producer in S8/S9, the show went off the rails.

Ellen’s the obvious vote, but I also thought Randy was pretty terrible pretty much the entire run too.

Nicki gave good advice but was just annoying af. People try to downplay Mariah because she was long winded with her answers but it was good criticism. She was more of a Paula type and Nicki the Simon type. The banter between them two killed Idol though so screw them both in terms of Idol. :dead:

So Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler, Luke Bryan, Lionel Richie, Jennifer Lopez, Simon Cowell, Keith Urban, and Kara DioGuardi are all better judges than Katy Perry according to the poll and that definitely says something. Plus, in general most people really like these people as current and former American Idol judges a lot better than Katy Perry and that is just a fact.

Nicki’s annoying and is super problematic nowadays, but she was pretty much the only judge in S12 actually offering constructive advice and wasn’t afraid of being honest. Something that the show was missing since Simon left, but once he became a producer in S8/S9, the show went off the rails.

Ellen’s the obvious vote, but I also thought Randy was pretty terrible pretty much the entire run too.

Oh so Nicki Minaj is annoying because she is real and not fake? But you didn't find Katy Perry kissing a guy contestant without consent a problem? Okay then.

Nicki gave good advice but was just annoying af. People try to downplay Mariah because she was long winded with her answers but it was good criticism. She was more of a Paula type and Nicki the Simon type. The banter between them two killed Idol though so screw them both in terms of Idol. :dead:

How was Nicki Minaj annoying? She was being funny and showing her great personality. She definitely has way more of a personality than Katy Perry who thinks it's okay to kiss guy contestants without their permission. But you seem to be okay with that. Also, the banter between Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj didn't mess up American Idol. If that was the case, it wouldn't have been renewed for three more seasons after Season 12.

Jennifer has one vote. SUCCESS. :ohyeah:

Katy Perry has two votes. SUCCESS.

Ok... :ermm:

It's just a fan poll though. Nothing to fret over!

If it helps most older online fans hate Katy, but they are not the majority of peeps that still watch AI so... :whistling:

How is that possible? I thought the majority of people who watched this show was middle aged conservatives. I definitely remember reading that somewhere.

For me I'll go with the one that made me angry and constantly wanting to turn the channel and that is Harry.

I also would add Nicki and Ellen were terrible. Mariah wasn't good either, but may have been better without Nicki.

I don't know about you, but seeing Katy Perry kiss a guy contestant without his consent/permission made me really angry. Obviously, not enough to turn the channel. But we are entitled to feel the way we feel. You thought it was perfectly appropriate she did that and I along with many other people didn't.

Edited by movieguy40