• Nicki
    • Mariah
    • Keith
    • Harry
    • Katy
    • Lionel
    • Luke

For me, its between Ellen and Mariah.

Ellen had a few funny moments, but overall she looked uncomfortable and most of her critiques were "You were great!" Or "I loved it!"

Mariah was passive aggressive and was the reason why the judging panel didn't work in Season 12. Also her critiques were way too long winded and she tended to ramble.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Ellen, but Randy was the most useless judge after her.

i know a lot of people say Ellen DeGeneres, but for her it's Katy Perry no question. She makes the show about her and is too extra with the guy contestants on the show. Most people in general do not like Katy Perry.

:rolleyes:

Most people think The Voice is better than AI... Doesn't mean that they are right.

Beating a dead horse at this point... :|

I voted Ellen, but Randy was the most useless judge after her.

:rolleyes:

Most people think The Voice is better than AI... Doesn't mean that they are right.

Beating a dead horse at this point... :|

No, but generally the more people like a show, the better the ratings. The Voice has better ratings than American Idol right now. With Katy Perry as a judge, the ratings for American Idol keep going down.

i know a lot of people say Ellen DeGeneres, but for her it's Katy Perry no question. She makes the show about her and is too extra with the guy contestants on the show. Most people in general do not like Katy Perry.

If Katy Perry is actually so dislike by viewers, Idol would have long fired her.

No, but generally the more people like a show, the better the ratings. The Voice has better ratings than American Idol right now. With Katy Perry as a judge, the ratings for American Idol keep going down.

Please provide the links that backs-up the above.

If Katy Perry is actually so dislike by viewers, Idol would have long fired her.

Please provide the links that backs-up the above.

Or the show is not firing her because she has money and power over them and they have very low expectations of her and will let her do whatever she wants as long as she continues paying them money.

Here's a couple.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/am...oach-ever.html/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/pdomin...e-american-idol

"One reason fans want to see Perry go is her flirty behavior. Not only has it been over the top, but there was at least one instance that might be considered harassment or assault according to Bustle.

When Perry tricked a then 19-year-old contestant into kissing her, she crossed the line. He later admitted the kiss was his first and he wished it could have been special.

Another problem is her need for attention. Many have criticized that Perry is taking too much attention away from the aspiring singers. Instead of lifting contestants up, she is often seen taking the spotlight away"

"Her job is to decide who continues on the show, but she also needs to give feedback. The contestants need to know how they can improve as singers, and Perry isn’t giving them what they need. She has instead spent much of the season critiquing the way the male contestants look and flirting with them."

Edited by movieguy40

Where are the links to support your claim that Idol ratings have kept going down because of Katy Perry? The ratings for Season 16 & 17 were pretty much the same. Idol was cancelled by FOX in Season 14 - when Katy Perry was not even on the show.

Where are the links to support your claim that Idol ratings have kept going down because of Katy Perry? The ratings for Season 16 & 17 were pretty much the same. Idol was cancelled by FOX in Season 14 - when Katy Perry was not even on the show.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/pdomin...e-american-idol

I’d probably say Ellen. Katy Perry is annoying and her behavior with the guys might go too far at times but she knows more about vocal technique than Ellen.

I would much rather Ellen DeGeneres as a judge over Miss Katy Overstepping Her Boundaries Perry.

Your link says Page Does Not Exist!!!

It did when I first clicked on it.

If Simon Cowell's harsh comments ever came off as racist, sexist, etc., then I would have had an issue, but they never did, and that's why I didn't have an issue with Simon Cowell as an American Idol judgebecause what he was saying was his opinion and he had a right to say things to contestants how he did as long as it wasn't racist, sexist, etc. and it never got to that point. Even Simon Cowell who was been working in the music industry for a long time is a much better judge than Katy Perry.

Edited by movieguy40

If Simon Cowell's harsh comments ever came off as racist, sexist, etc., then I would have had an issue, but they never did, and that's why I didn't have an issue with Simon Cowell as an American Idol judgebecause what he was saying was his opinion and he had a right to say things to contestants how he did as long as it wasn't racist, sexist, etc. and it never got to that point. Even Simon Cowell who was been working in the music industry for a long time is a much better judge than Katy Perry.

Don't forget homophobic... His banter with Ryan telling him to come out of the closet...

Simon WAS a good judge. He phoned it in the last few seasons he was on the show... If you can't admit that then I don't know what to tell you... :ermm:

Also. That's your opinion. I think this is the BEST judging panel they've had since AI10... And that's saying a lot because Randy was still a judge back then. :ph34rwave:

Don't forget homophobic... His banter with Ryan telling him to come out of the closet...

Simon WAS a good judge. He phoned it in the last few seasons he was on the show... If you can't admit that then I don't know what to tell you... :ermm:

Also. That's your opinion. I think this is the BEST judging panel they've had since AI10... And that's saying a lot because Randy was still a judge back then. :ph34rwave:

I'm pretty sure Simon Cowell never said that to Ryan Seacrest, I do remember Katy Perry writing a homophobic song called Ur So Gay though. What do you think about that? Since you want to talk of homophobic/homophobia.

I'm pretty sure Simon Cowell never said that to Ryan Seacrest, I do remember Katy Perry writing a homophobic song called Ur So Gay though. What do you think about that? Since you want to talk of homophobic/homophobia.

:thumbs:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/20...on_ryan_closet/

Never heard of it. May like Katy as a judge, but I don't own any of her music. So... :rolleyes:

:thumbs:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/20...on_ryan_closet/

Never heard of it. May like Katy as a judge, but I don't own any of her music. So... :rolleyes:

But are you okay with someone like Katy Perry making a homophobic song judging contestants on American Idol some of which are gay? Since you are bringing up one comment from Simon Cowell that you think came off as homophobic.

Edited by movieguy40

For what it’s worth Katy came out some time ago apologizing for that song and realizing in this day and age it’s in poor taste.

I never minded Ellen that much. Yes she didn’t know that much about music but at least she provided some comic relief I guess. And I think she was meant to represent the average viewer at home, most of whom don’t know much about technique, music theory, etc. either but who just know what they like when they hear it and would buy that contestants music.

For me the worst judge is Mariah. She just took way too long to make her comments and rambled a lot of nonsense, despite the fact she is knowledgeable about music. It doesn’t really do any good to have a judge be knowledgeable but not able to articulate their comments over someone who may not be knowledgeable but can still provide some sort of feedback or commentary or at least some levity. Mariah made everything even worse with her bickering with Nicki. And to this day Mariah acts like she was put in a prison camp like it was the worst experience of her entire life sitting in a chair all day and make some comments while getting paid the highest salary of any judge at that time. Please, she is so dramatic. And her diva persona wore thin after awhile.

Harry Connick Jr is a really close second. He was ok in his first season but he became obnoxious after that, like he thought he was smarter than everyone else, including his fellow judges. He was very condescending a lot of the time. Let’s not forget the creepy move of putting a young girl on his shoulders and dancing around with her and his racially-charged attack on Quentin in season 14.

Katy is definitely obnoxious and over the top with her antics. She takes away attention from the contestants a lot of the time and kissing that guy without his consent was also inappropriate. But I also think she can be entertaining sometimes when she actually dials it back and most of the time she does offer a lot of insightful critiques.

Randy was awful in his last few seasons, you could tell he was just phoning it in. But I guess we couldn’t expect much when he had been on so many seasons and was also stuck with dud panels.

For what it’s worth Katy came out some time ago apologizing for that song and realizing in this day and age it’s in poor taste.

I never minded Ellen that much. Yes she didn’t know that much about music but at least she provided some comic relief I guess. And I think she was meant to represent the average viewer at home, most of whom don’t know much about technique, music theory, etc. either but who just know what they like when they hear it and would buy that contestants music.

For me the worst judge is Mariah. She just took way too long to make her comments and rambled a lot of nonsense, despite the fact she is knowledgeable about music. It doesn’t really do any good to have a judge be knowledgeable but not able to articulate their comments over someone who may not be knowledgeable but can still provide some sort of feedback or commentary or at least some levity. Mariah made everything even worse with her bickering with Nicki. And to this day Mariah acts like she was put in a prison camp like it was the worst experience of her entire life sitting in a chair all day and make some comments while getting paid the highest salary of any judge at that time. Please, she is so dramatic. And her diva persona wore thin after awhile.

Harry Connick Jr is a really close second. He was ok in his first season but he became obnoxious after that, like he thought he was smarter than everyone else, including his fellow judges. He was very condescending a lot of the time. Let’s not forget the creepy move of putting a young girl on his shoulders and dancing around with her and his racially-charged attack on Quentin in season 14.

Katy is definitely obnoxious and over the top with her antics. She takes away attention from the contestants a lot of the time and kissing that guy without his consent was also inappropriate. But I also think she can be entertaining sometimes when she actually dials it back and most of the time she does offer a lot of insightful critiques.

Randy was awful in his last few seasons, you could tell he was just phoning it in. But I guess we couldn’t expect much when he had been on so many seasons and was also stuck with dud panels.

I'm glad you also thought the kissing thing that Katy Perry did with the guy contestant was inappropriate especially since he didn't even give her his consent. She still hasn't apologized for it yet. Do you think she should be fired for that incident especially since she didn't even apologize? If a guy judge did that to a girl contestant, they would have been fired immediately. And that's why I believe this show sometimes has double standards. Also, that young girl gave Harry Connick Jr. consent to do that. Mariah Carey definitely had her moments when she was good though. Same with Ellen. Randy Jackson was definitely great. Harry Connick Jr. overall was better than Katy Perry. Yes, Katy Perry can provide good feedback, but overall she makes a fool of herself with her antics.

Edited by movieguy40

Okay so right now Katy Perry is in third place. If Ellen wasn’t in the poll, Katy Perry would be second place for worst judge.

Ok... :ermm:

It's just a fan poll though. Nothing to fret over!

If it helps most older online fans hate Katy, but they are not the majority of peeps that still watch AI so... :whistling: