The Voice UK Season 9

istersay

Count me in! Last season was iconic. I'm Team Olly because he's #TeamWaffle :haha:

I missed some seasons because I kept forgetting about it, now the thread is in here I can get reminded :lol:

Love the UK version, hoping to see many other talents like last season!

I hope there is good talent, they usually do have some good people on

• 4 weeks later...

The Voice UK just premiered yesterday. Here some interesting auditions:

- I'm so proud of Olly tbh, even though this girl is probably fodder material, he was intrigued enough to hit his button. He's such a great Team Waffle representative. :wub:

XDAoWDqJkAY

- First audition of the season, huge voice, picked the new coach, marketable; probably we just witnessed this season's winner. That being said, if I wanted to stan this type of singer, I would probably prefer one of the dozens of already famous female R&B/Hip-hop singers flooding the market rn. Not for me. :yawn:

JQj5gKaLqJc

- Labrinth's sister. :o

LMAO at Olly hitting his button (min 1:25) :roll:

IPB Image

eRx6i6GMInY

Edited by echoap

Looking forward to another season of 99.9% tragic vocals. :wub:

Season 5 was the last season with good contestants - and even then, a lot of the singers there were dreadful. In the past 3 seasons there have been good performances, but not a single contestant has floored me or made me think that they'd make it past KO's in any other international version.

Looking forward to another season of 99.9% tragic vocals. :wub:

Season 5 was the last season with good contestants - and even then, a lot of the singers there were dreadful. In the past 3 seasons there have been good performances, but not a single contestant has floored me or made me think that they'd make it past KO's in any other international version.

I didn't know this was the USA version. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, echoap said:

Did the UK run out of talent? lol. 

This season sucks, I guess this is retaliation for last season’s female dominance 😢. I'm officially dropping the season :yawnwave:

I think I spoke too soon 😅

The Voice UK just uploaded the last batch of auditions and I FINALLY found a couple of interesting contestants :thumbs::

Claudillea Holloway - opera singer, I'm very intrigued by her. 

Shauna Byrne - pop singer, very green but could improve. 

At some point YouTube clips of TV UK started popping up on my computer, so I started watching a few. It looks like they get a lot more entertainment from their coaches than we do in the USA. It appears that Tom Jones does these impromptu performances on a fairly regular basis: 

• 2 weeks later...

Time flies with these short seasons 😝

Gevanni vs Shauna: Pretty even battle, even though they edited out most of Shauna's part 🤔. I'd have picked Shauna but I guess Will preferred Gevanni here. 

Blaize vs Claudillea: What a waste of a performance. And I blame Meghan Trainor entirely for this mess :haha:

. Anyways, Claudillea was bound to end up on Team Will, so who cares. 

Which leads me to... 

This performance! Yes Claudillea! More chest voice! More Kate Bush! And less opera please 😆

Sadly, Will chose -once again- Gevanni, so she'll depend on the lifeline vote to survive. I'm pretty confident that this performance was enough to get the PV and win that last chance. :thumbs:

Btw, Is this kid the frontrunner? He's improving a lot and has a pretty good stage presence. 

• 3 weeks later...

Who knows if this season is going to be finalized but Claudillea is waiting for her crown so let's hope this won't be for too long :haha:

Team Will:

This guy Doug did a great job and he's probably the only competition for Claudillea but he's neither as memorable nor as spectacular as Claudillea so I still thing she's got the Lifeline vote in the bag. :thumbs:

Will picked this girl instead, and I don't blame him too much because she's got quite a bit of sass, but he definitely had a better option with the previous guy. 

Team Olly:

Ah, the good Olly, he's Team Waffle to the core so he couldn't help choosing this girl, despite her flaws. His other options weren't much better either so there's not much to say here, Olly probably truly believes in her. 

Team Meghan:

She's only 16 and it shows :haha:. However, Brooke is one of Meghan's favorites so she's probably planning on going all the way with her two young frontrunners (Brooke and Trinity). Good luck with that! 

Team Tom:

Tom had two good options here but he ultimately picked the versatile one (Lois). Solid decision. 

Edited by echoap