The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Impeachment will be a sure thing. Removal will not. But it will eat Trump alive just knowing he is the 3rd President in history with the Impeachment name on him since he loves titles so much. History will know him as an impeached President. I'm good with the torture it'll bring him!

With Harris out, unless the Media really becomes a Booker champion...no one is taking it from Biden.

I hope she becomes AG. VP would be good but she would have more power as the AG and would be so good at it. Biden should pick Amy as his VP.

House vote looks set for tomorrow, so we'll see. Obviously I don't think he should or will be removed from office based so far on what's been put forth. If we're talking about impeachment, I would definitely need more to advocate removal. I'd grant anyone the same courtesy regardless of party. I don't think senators should be prejudging though and should wait to actually hear the evidence and presentation though.

Also, Democratic debate on Thursday.

He won't be removed, but the fact he was impeached will be in the first paragraph of his Wikipedia entry forever. It does matter.

Yep. Children for the rest of history will learn that there were 3 impeached Presidents, Johnson, Clinton, and Trump. That alone has to drive him to the edge of insanity, where honestly he lives anyway.

Now that Kamala Harris is out I have been really thinking who I want to support. I first went with Warren but then I thought back to 2016. Bernie beat Hillary or almost beat her in nearly every Midwest state, including the ones Trump flipped. His support is still very strong, maybe stronger than ever. I don't think polling shows this because most polls call land lines and most hardcore Bernie supporters don't even have those. I'm almost 40 and I haven't had one for over a decade. I think we will see in Iowa and New Hampshire that his support is stronger than polling shows and he will win both of those. Would I rather someone else be nominated? Yes. Do I believe he is the best one to flip the Midwest back to Blue and defeat Trump? Yes. Defeating Trump is the most important issue facing America, more than anything else. Bernie can do that so I am now putting all my support behind Bernie for 2020.

Edited by Jonathan

I'm watching my TV with the biggest smile on my face. I know he'll be President still but the stain of the Impeachment label will eat him alive. That makes me happy. No one has ever deserved it more.

History has been made. Donald Trump is officially the third president to ever be impeached by the House. :icecream:

Edited by Jonathan

I'm watching my TV with the biggest smile on my face. I know he'll be President still but the stain of the Impeachment label will eat him alive. That makes me happy. No one has ever deserved it more.

History has been made. Donald Trump is officially the third president to ever be impeached by the House. :icecream:

Tulsi votes “present”

He's not getting removed. :haha:

Democrats don't have the votes. They're going to try and control the media narrative with the trial, but Republicans own the media too.

Oh, I never thought he would.

tbh, we were lucky to get through three years without something this catastrophic happening. People learned to live with the tweets, but this is different.

A nugget of truth from Donald Trump's 2016 candidacy: "By the way, when was the last time we won a war?" (Like seven decades ago?) Iran is a nuclear superpower that is very ready to fight.

Edited by RWG

She will get is into a war with Iran they said...

But her emails...

This is why you don't "take a chance"

What do we have to lose...well...our country committing an illegal act of war, maybe?

tbh, we were lucky to get through three years without something this catastrophic happening. People learned to live with the tweets, but this is different.

A nugget of truth from Donald Trump's 2016 candidacy: "By the way, when was the last time we won a war?" (Like seven decades ago?) Iran is a nuclear superpower that is very ready to fight.

IMO, Mad Dog was a big reason for this.

I’ll say it, people on social media fancy themselves foreign policy experts all of a sudden. :giggle: Not making any predictions, but the world is better off without this dude.