Favorite ABC Season?

countrynineteen

Favorite ABC AI Season?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Season?

• Season 16
    • Season 17

I refuse to call them Seasons 1 and 2.

For me, 16 was way better. It was an overall talented bunch even though some didn't reach their full potential due to the quick format. But most of the top 10 had at least one great performance and we ended up with a great winner who never really faltered and delivered strong performances every week.

17 started out with a lot of promise but a lot of them choked once the live shows hit. And even though one of my favorites won, the elimination order was pretty messed up. People like Wade lasting over Dimitrius, Uche, and Jeremiah was a travesty.

AI16 Had Catie, Maddie, and Cade. Nuff said. lol :thumbs:

AI17 Had Jeremiah, Alejandro, and Laine. And... No one else of interest to me. The Top 10 had potential but if I don't remember you at the end of the year you're history. IMO :unsure:

AI18? I'm hoping for a black or hispanic winner. Someone with real potential. Male or female I don't mind. :yes:;)

I think of them as ABC American Idol S1 and S2 LOL.

I loved S1 (16). Some of the most engaging singers the show had found in a while.

S17 was okay. The singers were very strong but it was just too short to have any impact. The cast also lost steam as the live shows started.

I have to vote for season 16 (ABC season 1) by default. Objectively, I really enjoyed it and liked nearly everyone from the top 10 that year. For a reboot, they did a pretty decent job of making it feel like Idol. There were some really good performances that came out of that season and quite a few of the top 10 have gone on to have relatively successful careers after the show, more than most from the last few FOX seasons.

Season 17 (ABC season 2), however, is the first time I haven't watched a full season since I began watching in season 5. I just found it hard to keep up with as I don't have much time for TV anymore. I kind of kept up through blogs online and then tried watching the season on Hulu after Laine had won but even watching there just felt tedious getting through an episode, they were nearly 2 hours long each. I don't think there were as many contestants who grabbed my attention, I liked Lacey, Alejandro, Laine, and Madison from what I did see. I only made it as far as the All Star Duets, I should have probably just skipped to the live shows since that's really what matters. So I can't fully judge the season since I didn't see it in its entirety. But I think going forward Idol should cut down on audition episodes and include more live shows if they can't make the season longer. And the episodes should maybe only be 1 hour instead of 2 or 2 hours spread over 2 nights. I would find it easier to get through an episode/season if they were shorter or didn't include so much unnecessary filler.

Edited by BogoGog24

Season 16 was way better, IMO. I love Laine but his entire season was not as good and the wrong people kept getting through and one of them even made runner-up :rolleyes:

Really? :ermm:

Laine made his run on the show look like an easy way to victory. He deserved his win, but Jeremiah would've made a more rounded out winner. Though his fam would not have been fun at the finale... :|

Alejandro would've made a good winner too. Someone different you know? I think Madison was the only one who I scratched my head at. Like she has a great voice, and is sweet, but other than that? Nothing impressive. IMO

Really? :ermm:

Laine made his run on the show look like an easy way to victory. He deserved his win, but Jeremiah would've made a more rounded out winner.

People are allowed to not think Alejandro should've been in the finale, you know. :ermm:

Jeremiah deserved to make it into the finale, but we should've seen him do an uptempo number before we say he was a more well-rounded winner.

But again, S17 as a whole was boring. Nobody really did anything remotely interesting outside of Alejandro, but his voice wasn't pleasant at all to me and his fanbase was way too obnoxious to even try to root for him.

People are allowed to not think Alejandro should've been in the finale, you know. :ermm:

Jeremiah deserved to make it into the finale, but we should've seen him do an uptempo number before we say he was a more well-rounded winner.

But again, S17 as a whole was boring. Nobody really did anything remotely interesting outside of Alejandro, but his voice wasn't pleasant at all to me and his fanbase was way too obnoxious to even try to root for him.

OK. :flowers:

Yeah true. And that whole Jere's dad's a big a$$ bigot thing would NOT have gone over well... IMO :ph34r:

Hey, I take offense at that as one of the few talking about him on this forum. lmao Just kidding.

But if I bothered you by saying Laine made it look easy I do apologize. It's not like I'm heading over to American Idol's Reddit anytime soon so I gotta "stan" where I feel like people can ramble about their faves freely! :P

In all seriousness it ain't that deep. Idol's here to piss us off for only a few more years at best guess so... ;)

I wasn't. :haha: Based off the judges criteria every week, I'm sure even Sanjaya would've been praised as a frontrunner by them. :dead:

Ugh. :haha:

You ever stop and think about the fact that Sanjaya wrote a book? People bought it, and read it. :o

I'm over here waiting for someone to sign Carly, Allison, and Hollie and that dude got a book deal. :wacko:

Carly did get signed. The band just went on a hiatus and then never really got back together. :dead:

We Are The Fallen! Indeed. Sigh... :(

I want another solo album from her, but she's a mom now so... It might be awhile before she does music again. :closedeyes:

Yes it might be a while though she seems to be enjoying her life as a mom now. I keep listening to her pre-"Idol" record "Ultimate High". So many stunning songs from No One's Safe from Goodbye and Young Love to I Need a Little Love and You'll Never Meet God If You Break My Heart. :wub:

Based on the contestants I'd like to keep following after "Idol", my favorite ABC season is Season 17 since it has more idols whose voices and artistry I enjoy :D Jeremiah, Walker, Evelyn, Ashley, Laci etc.

Edited by jazzontherocks

Yes it might be a while though she seems to be enjoying her life as a mom now. I keep listening to her pre-"Idol" record "Ultimate High". So many stunning songs from No One's Safe from Goodbye and Young Love to I Need a Little Love and You'll Never Meet God If You Break My Heart. :wub:

Based on the contestants I'd like to keep following after "Idol", my favorite ABC season is Season 17 since it has more idols whose voices and artistry I enjoy :D Jeremiah, Walker, Evelyn, Ashley, Laci etc.

I have "Ultimate High!" So many good tunes! <3

Ah, it makes me wonder where her music would be now if she went solo again... :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

I am loving all this Carly love. I am a big fan of hers and loved WATF, not sure why they went on hiatus and then really never got back together.

Parenthood.

I think Ben Moody is the only one still actively in the music industry.

Edited by jstxanothrxstory