College Football

*Laci

• 2 weeks later...

Hate I have to work today, but go Army, beat Navy! :P

Also, there are several rumors going around in T-town that Tua, Ruggs, Smith and Leatherwood may come back their senior year. I don't want to get my hopes up but if this happens, BAMA WILL BE BACK! :weightlift:

Edited by *Laci

A late congrats to Joe Burrow for winning the Heisman and putting together one of the best seasons in history. Should have been unanimous. The people that didn't have him first should lose their votes.

Pulling for LSU in the playoff!

Hate I have to work today, but go Army, beat Navy! :P

Also, there are several rumors going around in T-town that Tua, Ruggs, Smith and Leatherwood may come back their senior year. I don't want to get my hopes up but if this happens, BAMA WILL BE BACK! :weightlift:

After the injury, I just can't see Tua coming back and risking millions. He needs to get paid now imo...but ya never know!

• 2 weeks later...

Rooting for Oklahoma (Jalen Hurts) mostly. <3 I know it's a long shot, but I can't go against him. :shiver:

My brain says it will be LSU vs Clemson with LSU winning. :ph34r:

Edited by *Laci

:argh:

I guess we're all rooting for LSU in two weeks...

I still haven't decided. :ph34rwave:

2020 is off to a great start! :weightlift: Bama gets the W in their bowl game while the barners take the L. :teehee: :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, LSU! :ohyeah: Fubo and Swofford can go [kick rocks] :wave:

Congrats to the LSU Tigers. Best team ive seen since the '95 Huskers. Maybe the best team ever?

They're definitely in that discussion... :yes:

(2001 Miami, 2003-04 USC, etc. come to mind, but that's a whole other tangent)

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 3 months later...

So, I just got wind of some rules changes for the upcoming season:

Players disqualified for targeting will be allowed to remain on the sidelines starting with the 2020 football season.

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved the rules change Monday. Players flagged for targeting will remain disqualified from the game. But instead of being ejected and required to head to the locker room after a targeting foul — which had been the rule since 2013 — players will be permitted to remain in the team area. All other aspects of the targeting rule remain the same.

200.gif

No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO. WHY the :censored: should you be allowed to remain on the sidelines with your teammates? :blink: You're being EJECTED for a serious offense that you committed; you don't deserve the right to remain on the bench. Depriving you of being with your team is supposed to be a PUNISHMENT. Go to your :censored: [locker] room and think about what you've done. #FOH

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The BigTen are going to a conference-only schedule for all sports this season (and the other major conferences are expected to follow). Some institutions are going online-only for the Fall semester (meaning they don't plan on opening campus).

Combined with the Ivy League cancelling all sports for the Fall, could college football be sidelined before a down is even played this season? 😱

Edited by ShortstopVM

The Rose Parade - which takes place on New Year's Day and is part of the Rose Bowl's pre-game festivities - has been cancelled. :shock:

It's only the middle of July; the fact that this decision was made this early, is worrisome. 😱

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

If there is any college football this Fall... It won't be in the B1G. :no: They just voted to cancel the season (with only Iowa and Nebraska voting to play)

I guess that frees up my Saturday afternoons? :unsure: lol

Well now they're saying there was no vote. I get the feeling the B1G floated that out there in hopes the rest of the conferences would just fall in line and cancel as well. Instead it was crickets from the SEC, ACC and Big12 who were like well cya later but we're still planning on trying to play. :haha:

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 24-48 hrs but I certainly hope they don't cancel. The SEC states may riot if they do.

2 hours ago, kclarkson1323 said:

Welp B1G has now officially cancelled all fall sports and will try to play football in the spring. Pac12 is expected to follow with the B12, SEC and ACC continuing forward to play this fall.

No field hockey; no men's soccer (and no volleyball or women's soccer, for that matter)... :no: I'm really going to have plenty of time on my hands 😱

Let's hope they don't cancel the Winter sports, either... 😨

Attempting to do Fall sports, let alone football, in the Spring will be tricky - especially since most schools have Fall and Spring teams that use the same venues (ex. football and men's lacrosse; field Hockey and women's lacrosse etc.)

• 2 months later...

Good News: This past Saturday is the day I started caring about college football again! :ohyeah:

Bad News: Maryland got their shells kicked in by Northwestern of all schools, 43-3. #oof :argh: Not a good start for Discount Tua* Taulia #3picks 🙄

*I know it's only one game, but I really wanted to crack that joke lol

NO SIR! #WideRight #PATNoGood 🙅‍♂️

college football no GIF by Maryland Terrapins

MARYLAND WIN! :ohyeah: What. A. Game. :omg:  #whew

Taulia proves he's no "Discount Tua", accumulating over 458 yards of offense and totaling five touchdowns. :omg: 

But we want the Funk, though: Jake Funk helped the offense tremendously, ferrying the ball downfield - he finished with 221 rushing yards and a receiving TD.

I thought the game was going to get out of hand and I would have to settle for keeping the deficit under twenty... But Tua thows a TD pass to Dontay Demus to cut it to ten, and then we had life!

Our next game is at Penn State; let's see how good Taulia really is...

Edited by ShortstopVM