NBA Thread

Kert

• 2 months later...

With the Dunk Contest wrapped up, here is my annual Scorecard:

First Round:

1st Dunk:

Dwight Howard: Statue of Liberty. Solid dunk with some difficulty, but he missed the first attempt. 7.5/38

Derrick Jones: Love the setup (“Happy Birthday to You”), but again, he missed the first attempt. If you want to be generous, I’d give it an 8.5, but as it is… 8/40

Pat Connaughton: Jumps over Yelich, takes the ball from him, and sends it in. Gotta give him credit for getting it on the first try.  10/50

Aaron Gordon: Under-the-legs crossover, and then the reverse jam. Very difficult dunk, but he missed his first attempt. 9/45

2nd Dunk:

Dwight Howard: Took his jersey off to become Superman, honors Kobe with the #24 and the snakeskin ball, receives the ball and then jams it in the first time. Love the theatrics, but it’s a bit too easy 9.5/48

Pat Connaughton: The same thing as his first dunk, but with Giannis. Credit for difficulty due to height. Missed his first two attempts though. 9/44

Derrick Jones: 360, under-the-legs, one-handed jam. Made it on the first try. Job well done. If I could bring out an “11” paddle, I could. 10/50

Aaron Gordon: Jumped over Chance the Rapper, snatched the ball from him, did a pump axe-handle slam – all on the first try.  That should be an “11” dunk. 10/50

Finals:

1st Dunk:

Derrick Jones: Not only did he jump over TWO people, he put the ball under the legs before slamming it through the hoop – all on the first try. Well done. 10/50

Aaron Gordon: The tik-tok girls did nothing for me. This was a repeat of his first-round dunk, but from the top of the three-point line in front of the basket. 9.5/47

2nd Dunk:

Derrick Jones: Varied his dunk by having the person he was jumping over bounce it off the backboard to him – and the ball was way out behind his legs. Degree of difficulty was a 5+ CAN WE GET A “15” PADDLE IN HERE?!?!? 10/50

Aaron Gordon: Pretty much ended any chance of winning the Dunk Contest by missing his first attempt – which is a shame, because he caught the pass one-handed and slammed it home all in one motion. 9.5/49.

Dunk-off, Round One:

Derrick Jones: Took the pass off the backboard, before going under-the-legs and threading it in. Of course he made it on the first try. 10/50

Aaron Gordon: This was the same dunk as his two others that took off from the three-point line, but from a different angle. 9/45.

Dunk-off, Round Two:

Derrick Jones: Attempted to recreate the Jordan Dunk – but it was just a bit in front of the free-throw line. 9.5/47

Aaron Gordon: A two-hand dunk over the seven-foot tall Tacko Fall. ⚠️ *In Alessia voice* Okay, okay, okay… 9.5/47

----------

The Final round was close, but a missed attempt by Gordon and more difficult dunks by Jones were the difference. Derrick Jones it is.

Edited by ShortstopVM
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Robert teammate Donovon Mitchell also tests positive.  Jazz players are reportedly saying off the record that Robert has been very careless and irresponsible in the locker room...touching other players and their belongings.  Wouldn't surprise me if the better part of the team is infected.  And then you wonder...who have they played in the last week?

23 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

All these cancellations around sports make this whole situation sound like Armageddon to me (even though it really isn't)... 😨

Its brutal pretty much every sport has been cancelled or suspended for at least a month. No NCAA tournament is the real killer for me though. 😫

10 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Robert teammate Donovon Mitchell also tests positive.  Jazz players are reportedly saying off the record that Robert has been very careless and irresponsible in the locker room...touching other players and their belongings.  Wouldn't surprise me if the better part of the team is infected.  And then you wonder...who have they played in the last week?

I think I saw a report earlier today that said Mitchell was the only other Jazz player to test positive. Also he played Monday night against the Raptors.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, kclarkson1323 said:

Its brutal pretty much every sport has been cancelled or suspended for at least a month. No NCAA tournament is the real killer for me though. 😫

I think I saw a report earlier today that said Mitchell was the only other Jazz player to test positive. Also he played Monday night against the Raptors.

Wow the other guys on the Jazz got lucky then.  And yes...no March Madness is going to suck.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:46 PM, kclarkson1323 said:

And of course, it had to happen the one year Maryland were going to have their One Shining Moment again (and possibly a Dual Championship)... :argh:

:censored: you, coronavirus. 🖕

I know it's not Rudy Gobert's fault that he contracted it, but if he didn't test positive for coronavirus, the NCAA Tourney would still go on, albeit behind closed doors.

It would be idiotic for me to blame Gobert for all of this, but he didn't do himself any favors by being a smarta$$ in the days leading up to his diagnosis, touching all the mics and :censored: ...

Edited by ShortstopVM
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...