Siobhan Magnus

psterina

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Siobhan, has had an amazing, varied musical career, since her Idol days. One of her musical projects, was with Doubtful Guest (a band comprised of Siobhan Magnus (lead vocals), bassist Sammy Hudson (Everclear), drummer Tommy Stewart (Godsmack, Fuel), guitarist Peter Klett (Candlebox) and guitarist Tony Fredianelli (Third Eye Blind). Here is their great performance of "Far Behind"

:flowers:

Edited by psterina

Before American Idol, Siobhan had played the lead in many musicals. Well ….. here is some footage from "Pirates of Penzance", and the song is "Poor Wandering One". This is a spectacular performance, in which she nails an E6 note.

And, you'll get to hear "operatic" Siobhan.

😮

Edited by psterina

If you want to see one of those raise the roof, knock it out of the atmosphere, performances, THIS IS IT!

One of my ultimate, favorite performances, from Siobhan "Ball & Chain". Total slayage!!!!

Edited by psterina

jazzontherocks said:

Love her. Her Moonbaby record is an out-of-this-world experience :sorcerer:

Yessssss. I love, love "Moonbaby". I wasn't sure, how her songwriting would be, but …. once Moonbaby came out, I was thrilled to see, that she is quite talented in songwriting, as well, as singing. My favorite song, on "Moonbaby", is "Always Thinking". Here's a fan made video (landglider) of "Always Thinking"

Edited by psterina

Yessssss. I love, love "Moonbaby". I wasn't sure, how her songwriting would be, but …. once Moonbaby came out, I was thrilled to see, that she is quite talented in songwriting, as well, as singing. My favorite song, on "Moonbaby", is "Always Thinking". Here's a fan made video (landglider) of "Always Thinking"

Ryo3PQnNLtI

Ohhh love that fan made video. "Moonbaby" definitely surprised us in that we are treated to her divine songwriting :D

Siobhan became a full time member, of the Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra (URO), a while back. They are going to be performing New Years Eve, at The Regent Theater. The video, that I'm bringing here, is a gorgeous rendition of

"Because The World Is Round", originally done, by The Beatles. It is totally harmonized by Laura, Kyle, and Siobhan.

Edited by psterina

And then …. there's Boston. I'm not talking about the city. I'm talking about the band.

In 2014, Siobhan went on an extensive tour, with Boston, throughout the United States, and Japan.

She got to sing lead to "Walk On", as well as back up, on other songs. Well ... she just slays this, to bits!!!

Here, from the performance, at The Forum, in LA, is "Walk On"

🍦

Edited by psterina

kamil24 said:

"Pure Inspiration" is so personal and an experience to listen to :wub:

Yes. Siobhan writes from a very personal perspective. I'll post a live version, and the CD of "Pure Inspiration"

The performance, is from 2012, from her concert at the Melody Tent Center . The video, came out in 2018. I never saw this live version, before. So …. Very happy to find it!

CD Version

Edited by psterina

I'm bringing an awesome acoustic rendition of "Between The Bars", written by Elliot Smith. this was performed in Dec 2010, Siobhan, while she was in Lunar Valve. I took place in a radio show Homegrown with LoriLori  on PIXY 103 

Edited by psterina

Upcoming show. URO, will be performing, with Yvonne Elliman & Ted Neely, of "Jesus Christ Superstar fame, in April '20

Yvonne and Siobhan, have something in common (Barry Gibb/BeeGees). Yvonne had a huge hit with Barry Gibb's song "If I Can't Have You"  and Siobhan, along with Aaron Kelly, got to perform with Barry Gibb/The BeeGees

On the last night of the S9 American Idol Tour, in Indianapolis,  the Idols were told, that restrictions were lifted,  and ….  MAN 😲  Siobhan, took advantage of THAT !  Warning, those of you, with ultra sensitive ears, and sensibilities, might want to skip on this one!   😄  Also, due to certain copyright issues, this was MIA for months and months. Of course, the crowd goes wild!!

Wearing a fan made vest, with masks on it, uber wild hair, and …. more, here is MUSE song,  Stockholm Syndrome