Dalton Rapattoni Fan Thread

frederick

:flowers: started a Fan thread for him, this will be like the Voice forum now, one fan thread for each contestant

any threads that have posts in them are new this week

Bad new and good news,

Bad News, all the old data will be lost :'(

Good News, anything posted after the glitch will be moved to the new board, which will have way fewer forums, getting rid of archived old forums and unused forums

If there is anything you want to save, make a new thread and use https://cachedview.com/ to try and get data :thumbs:

they are still working on the Plan, and when they do it the board would be down for about a day, I asked if they could do it after the holidays when shows are no longer on, will update anything I hear o:)

There will probably be no more individual forums, I'm not sure, and No spoiler forum, so the Spoilers can be kept in a thread like in the Voice forum from now on :thumbs:

I think all the archived contestant forums are going away, new fan threads can be made here. if something is from this week we can move them here for now

:o

the board upgrade might happen sunday he said, and board would be down for about a day, I'll post when I know for sure

for sure on sunday, and if it goes well it should be a few hours

make sure any new posts in contestant forums are moved to the AI General forum, those forums are most likely being purged :wave:

I think they've all been moved, but we may have missed some

the Past Seasons forum is already gone, and almost all the forums in the showcase

some past posts found with cachedview :wave:

Ok so, Dalton's future seemed so bright and he had so many dedicated fans. Where has he gone?! After he released his album it's like he just stopped... no touring, no more music videos or singles. Where is he? Do we think he's done? (IMG:https://idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/crying.gif)

unny you mention this because he just posted a video on IG of himself performing with the School of Rock the other night and someone commented something about him not going on tour anymore and how he doesn't care about his fans and he replied "I am not a service, I am a person." But didn't say anything more.

Here's my take on it. I think the largest reason he probably hasn't been touring or doing anything else is because of the expenses. He doesn't have a label of any kind of help financially back stuff like recording music and touring, so if he is presumably paying for it all himself, he is lucky to break even after all the expenses, let alone be able to make any kind of profit from it.

After his album came out, it was clear he moved back home with his parents and returned to his old job of teaching at SOR. Maybe he just wanted to have a steady income for awhile in order to save up money to keep making music and touring since he has to pay for it himself. I don't know if his parents contribute anything to it.

Secondly, touring is stressful even for completely healthy people. But because of Dalton's bipolar disorder stress probably makes it worse, as well as a disturbed sleep schedule, etc. So he has to take that into account when touring and make sure he can physically and mentally handle it.

Thirdly, I really don't like to say this but I think if you really read between the lines a large part of his motivation for doing all this was to get back together with Madison. His song choices on Idol were very clearly directed at her and then most of the album of Nobodys Home is largely written about her. They've been back together for a while now and it was like once they got back together, that's when everything kind of came to a halt. I'm not saying he didn't also do all of it for the love of music, but I think he was really trying hard to reach out to Madison and get back together with her and now that that's happened, there has been silence. I don't think it's a coincidence.

In general though I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest reason things have slowed down is because of financial reasons. Without a label to support him, it is extremely difficult to do this as an independent artist. Notice how after the Inspired Attempt Tour he ditched the band and tour bus and just went solo and traveled by van. While recording his album he lived in a pretty nice apartment in Austin, then once his lease was up he moved back home because there was no reason to live there still or continue paying rent on it. Obviously his financial situation is his business, but this is just my interpretation from what we do know and just reading between the lines.

That being said, I think if he plans to take a long hiatus for whatever the reason might be, he should be more transparent about that with his fans and let them know not to expect new music or a tour for awhile. There was also a period where he couldn't access his Twitter account, I think someone hacked it or something, so for awhile his communication was blocked but he's also never been great at communicating with his fans about these things either.

If he doesn't want to keep doing this and just live his life teaching, which he seems to enjoy, that's cool. I hope whatever he decides to do that he is happy with his choice, he should just be honest and open about it and be transparent with his fans though. Because it isn't exactly fair to release an album and say you're thinking about touring and then just drop off the face of the earth, having all these people supporting you and just never communicating with them about what the reality is.

Yeah, I just recently closed my fansite for him once the domain was up for renewal. I love him and will always be a fan, but he doesn't tell us anything and doesn't ever even try to keep his fans interested. If he can't tour right now, that's totally understandable but there are still things he could do to keep us interested. He could literally post YouTube covers, talk to fans on Twitter or do Instagram Lives once in a while and that would be great for so many of us. I mean we all helped fund his album, and we would definitely help fund his tour, etc. but it doesn't seem like he cares?

I think once he got back together with Madison, his career took a backslide. I agree. I don't think he cares about his career anymore and is more about just being with her, which is fine if that makes him happy. I just wish he would let us know something. He's already lost so many fans that were extremely dedicated to him.

eah I agree he could still do things on social media to keep his fans interested like FB and IG live and do Q&As or play songs, etc. He knows how it works because he did it all the time during Idol because he basically had to but I think he doesn’t care about it. If he wanted to have a real career, he knows the steps it takes, after all he was in a Disney boyband for a time and he is not new to how any of this works. So I think he doesn’t really want to be famous or anything. If he wanted this, he knows what it involves to make it happen. I think for whatever reason he just doesn’t want to or doesn’t care.

It’s really sad how he’s lost so many fans that were big supporters of his. I’ll always support him and be there to listen when/if he releases new music or goes on tour but I’m not nearly as big a fan as I used to be. The hype died for me ages ago. Oh well. Idol was probably the most momentum he’ll ever get and he chose to not take advantage of it as much as he could have. If he is disappointed that fans have left or his career has gone nowhere, it’s nobody’s fault but his own.

He clearly has problems to deal with music/fan wise... IMO (IMG:https://idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/sad.gif)

He's in the exact same boat as Hollie Cavanagh. Although she has been tweeting more as of late and posts the occasional YouTube cover from time to time... (IMG:https://idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/unsure.gif)

Confession. Big Dalton fan during 2016-2017. Never bought his debut though. Is it even worth checking out at this point? (IMG:https://idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/pinch.gif)

He clearly has problems to deal with music/fan wise... IMO (IMG:https://idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/sad.gif)

He's in the exact same boat as Hollie Cavanagh. Although she has been tweeting more as of late and posts the occasional YouTube cover from time to time... (IMG:https://idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/unsure.gif)

Confession. Big Dalton fan during 2016-2017. Never bought his debut though. Is it even worth checking out at this point? (IMG:https://idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/pinch.gif)

To be honest I think he’s gone back to teaching at the School of Rock. I think he probably enjoys being able to perform with his students but it’s not as overwhelming as being a solo artist and in the spotlight. He might have found it to just not be fun or too overwhelming/too much pressure. If he plans to basically abandon his career, I wish he’d make some sort of statement to his fans. They’d be upset for sure and I realize he doesn’t want to deal with their annoying comments, but it’s only fair. They’ve been supporting him for so long and he gained fame in a high profile way. It’s not cool to suddenly just go silent for literally 2 years.

Hard to make it popular again when Dalton isn't really active in music anymore. He's released a couple demo things on Soundcloud in the last few months but that's it.

:'( :yes:

Hard to make it popular again when Dalton isn't really active in music anymore. He's released a couple demo things on Soundcloud in the last few months but that's it.

Someone on twitter said they asked him recently and he said he was recording stuff. So hopefully new music soon, if that's true.

Someone on twitter said they asked him recently and he said he was recording stuff. So hopefully new music soon, if that's true.

I still love him. I share in everyone's disappointment though because it seems like he just let his moment pass and didn't prioritize striking while the iron was hot.

I still love him. I share in everyone's disappointment though because it seems like he just let his moment pass and didn't prioritize striking while the iron was hot.

THIS. :thumbs:

That and Trent Harmon (Off topic rambling here!) should NOT have gone country! UGH. :thumbsdown:

3 minutes ago, frederick said:

I'm so surprised that Scott Borchetta didn't sign Dalton with as popular as Dalton was. But maybe that's a good thing because he forced(?) Trent into country.

It was probably a blessing in disguise especially since Trent is off the radar now... At least Dalton posts on social media from time to time... 

1 minute ago, Riza-Smithson said:

It was probably a blessing in disguise especially since Trent is off the radar now... At least Dalton posts on social media from time to time... 

You're probably right. I really expected Dalton and Trent to be very successful. It's sad. They deserved to be.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dalton was offered major (or independent) label deals after Idol, we honestly don’t know if Scott could have wanted to sign him or not. But I don’t think that was the direction he wanted to go in because he wanted to have complete control over his music. So just because he didn’t sign with a label doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t offered a deal. With what’s happening between Scott and Taylor Swift right now is probably further evidence why it was a good thing he didn’t sign with him. 

7 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dalton was offered major (or independent) label deals after Idol, we honestly don’t know if Scott could have wanted to sign him or not. But I don’t think that was the direction he wanted to go in because he wanted to have complete control over his music. So just because he didn’t sign with a label doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t offered a deal. With what’s happening between Scott and Taylor Swift right now is probably further evidence why it was a good thing he didn’t sign with him. 

Yeah Scott is trash and so is his label. I loved Dalton's album, I just wish he had signed a record deal with someone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

glad my favorite discussion thread is back and alive! :) still trying to get used for the changes and the format. and still checking on Dalton once in a while.. it does seem he is writing/recording something according to his recent instagram posts. 

there are a lot of videos on you tube of trent performing live from the last few months though. his band sounds really good!! 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/pl3hXi2NQy">pic.twitter.com/pl3hXi2NQy</a></p>&mdash; Dalton Rapattoni (@DaltonRapattoni) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaltonRapattoni/status/1230805644556546048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by BogoGog24

12 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/pl3hXi2NQy">pic.twitter.com/pl3hXi2NQy</a></p>&mdash; Dalton Rapattoni (@DaltonRapattoni) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaltonRapattoni/status/1230805644556546048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was just going to post this. :wub:  I hope it means what we're all thinking!