Nov 29th Home for the Holidays

buttons66

IPB Image

Home for the Holidays is here

IPB Image

Where: Aaron Bessant Park, 600 Pier Park Drive, Panama City Beach

Admission: Free and open to the public; bring blankets or chairs

PANAMA CITY BEACH — After Thanksgiving feasting, it’s time to get moving for Beach Home for the Holidays.

The fifth annual celebration on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 29 and 30, at Aaron Bessant Park brings in crowds from near and far for carol-themed concerts, s’mores, Santa, children’s activities, nightly fireworks and the lighting of the 36-foot Christmas tree. Gates open at 3:30 p.m. both days.

“We are excited to invite families back to Panama City Beach to create lasting memories this Thanksgiving weekend, whether for the first time or the fifth time,” stated President and CEO of Visit Panama City Beach Dan Rowe. “Families can expect all the same festive amenities, decorations and entertainment from previous years, along with a special performance from the famed Scotty McCreery.”

Award-winning American country music singer McCreery, who also has a chart-topping Christmas album, will perform in the open-air amphitheater at 6 p.m. Friday. He will perform his greatest hits, including certified Platinum singles “I Love You This Big” and “The Trouble with Girls,” which also received the CMT Award for Breakthrough Video of the Year. Hits also include “Five More Minutes,” which he wrote in 2015 with Frank Rogers and Monty Criswell. McCreery co-wrote all 11 songs on his most recent album, “Seasons Change.”

A lot has changed since McCreery won season 10 of “American Idol” in 2011, debuting “Clear as Day” — which also certified Platinum — that same year. McCreery also won New Artist of the Year award at the Academy of Country Music Awards and the American Country Awards.

On Saturday night, families will get into the Christmas spirit with the return of the symphonic sounds from local favorite, the Panama City POPS Orchestra — led by renowned conductor, composer, author and educator Dr. David Ott. (The Panama City Pops also presents Holiday By the Bay on Dec. 14 at the Gretchen Nelson Scott Fine Arts Center in Panama City.)

In addition to award-winning musicians, festivities will include an appearance by Santa, as well as fire pits for roasting your own marshmallows and making s’mores — all ingredients provided in bags for guests. Friday also includes a showing of “The Grinch,” as well as the lighting of the Christmas tree, while Saturday features “The Little Match Girl,” presented by Studio by the Sea. The Patronis Elementary School Choir will perform Saturday.

And in what has become a beach tradition, fireworks are the finale after the nightly performances.

IPB Image

Friday, Nov. 29

3:30 p.m.: Campfires, s’mores, Santa’s Village opens

4 p.m.: Holiday Movie: “The Grinch”

6 p.m.: Live performance by Scotty McCreery followed by lighting of the Christmas tree and fireworks

IPB Image

Edited by buttons66

The promo (near the bottom) almost makes it sound like Scotty is singing with the PC Pops. Now that would be different.

LOL..the POPS are Saturday night...BUT there were a few comments on their FB that the MAJOR STAR usually sings on Saturday night!! :rolleyes::haha:............ Not this year :yes:

But Scotty singing with the orchestra sounds great :thumbs:

Let's just say their promo is not necessarily clear....while most people probably realize Scotty and the Pops are appearing different nights if they dig into the details, it is blurred a bit. Wonder how long Scotty has known that he was attending the LSU-Texas A&M game Saturday night in Baton Rouge? I'm sure tickets had to be purchased well in advance...at least enough to cover the Dugal clan. (I'm sure some of the Dugal/Voisin gang have season tickets for LSU games....but not enough to cover the TG weekend gathering I'd guess.)

Let's just say their promo is not necessarily clear....while most people probably realize Scotty and the Pops are appearing different nights if they dig into the details, it is blurred a bit. Wonder how long Scotty has known that he was attending the LSU-Texas A&M game Saturday night in Baton Rouge? I'm sure tickets had to be purchased well in advance...at least enough to cover the Dugal clan. (I'm sure some of the Dugal/Voisin gang have season tickets for LSU games....but not enough to cover the TG weekend gathering I'd guess.)

I'm guessing this is acoustic. Or is the whole entourage traveling for one show. The promo is making a big deal of this for an acoustic show.

I'm guessing this is acoustic. Or is the whole entourage traveling for one show. The promo is making a big deal of this for an acoustic show.

I had the same thought. Maybe it will be Scotty, Dylan and Joey. If it is the whole entourage, I hope BigL is back in service. Renting another bus for one show is not cost efficient.

I had the same thought. Maybe it will be Scotty, Dylan and Joey. If it is the whole entourage, I hope BigL is back in service. Renting another bus for one show is not cost efficient.

BigL is rented. The company will just repair or replace her. Rent would be the same.