Taylor Swift - Scott and Scooter Discussion

BogoGog24

I hope Danielle has realized what scumbags Scott and Scooter are with what is going on with Taylor right now. Their behavior should be a huge red flag to any artist who works with them and I hope she is cautious about any kind of contracts she signs with them. No artist in their right mind should support them in this. I was really disappointed that she hadn’t spoken up in support of Taylor back when it was announced Scooter had bought Taylor’s masters but now she should really say something about this, whether publicly or privately. This is wrong and no artist deserves to be treated this way.

I hope Danielle has realized what scumbags Scott and Scooter are with what is going on with Taylor right now. Their behavior should be a huge red flag to any artist who works with them and I hope she is cautious about any kind of contracts she signs with them. No artist in their right mind should support them in this. I was really disappointed that she hadn’t spoken up in support of Taylor back when it was announced Scooter had bought Taylor’s masters but now she should really say something about this, whether publicly or privately. This is wrong and no artist deserves to be treated this way.

Taylor can fight her own battle and Danielle can decide on her own what's best for her and her future.

What I don't like are Taylor fans getting on Danielle's social media posts and borderline harassing her because she hasn't said anything about this issue. Some of them are even wishing for Danielle to fail in her career. :thumbsdown:

Edited by season1

Taylor can fight her own battle and Danielle can decide on her own what's best for her and her future.

What I don't like are Taylor fans getting on Danielle's social media posts and borderline harassing her because she hasn't said anything about this issue. Some of them are even wishing for Danielle to fail in her career. :thumbsdown:

Agree w/ you 100%. Involving Danielle in the Taylor thing is invalid and completely unneeded & unnecessary and without grounds.

Ppl and their comments. Say some rubbish just for the sake of taking up space. Sometimes wish SM didn't exist.

And Best Dressed goes to Danielle, yet, again👍👍

IPB Image

It’s not right to harass her or write rude comments but considering Taylor is the reason why Big Machine, the label Danielle is on, is so successful, the least she can do is show some support to her. Taylor has tirelessly fought for the rights of ALL artists, including her. Scott and Scooter have shown their true colors. They are liars. It’s been proven they owe Taylor millions in unpaid royalties. This issue isn’t just about Taylor or what she is going through. It’s about what all the artists who work for them are probably going through and it’s shedding a light on what goes on behind closed doors in the music industry. Do you really think she should work for people like that?

It’s not right to harass her or write rude comments but considering Taylor is the reason why Big Machine, the label Danielle is on, is so successful, the least she can do is show some support to her. Taylor has tirelessly fought for the rights of ALL artists, including her. Scott and Scooter have shown their true colors. They are liars. It’s been proven they owe Taylor millions in unpaid royalties. This issue isn’t just about Taylor or what she is going through. It’s about what all the artists who work for them are probably going through and it’s shedding a light on what goes on behind closed doors in the music industry. Do you really think she should work for people like that?

That's for Danielle to decide. Not my place to tell her what to do or what to say, regardless of how I feel about the situation.

I would like to drop this topic because this is Danielle's FAN thread and we're here to support Danielle and her music. :flowers:

Oft times it is the wisest best thing, certainly publicly, to keep ones distance & stay the hell out of (other people's) things. Staying out of others' soap operas is smart. Danielle has a enough of a challenge being herself in this biz. She can just be Danielle. Taylor's thing is 2 sided... it needn't be, also, a triangle including Danielle. I'm cool w/ her not commenting.

Regardless of whether she makes a statement or not, more importantly I hope this situation has opened her eyes and will teach her to be cautious around them and be wary of any contracts she signs with them. They’ve shown what they are capable of and how low they will go.

Regardless of whether she makes a statement or not, more importantly I hope this situation has opened her eyes and will teach her to be cautious around them and be wary of any contracts she signs with them. They’ve shown what they are capable of and how low they will go.

Various people seem to have various views on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor made Scott and vice versa. Each has done phenomenally for that relationship. They entered into a contract that may well have been slanted to the label, but so what? The question is who is trying to breach it now. It seems that the only problem really was that the label owns her masters and that's prolly true for all artists, and there was confusion as to how the ama producer could resell performances without paying royalties. We don't have anywhere near the facts to reach any conclusions imho. I don't see how Taylor's behavior imploring others to get on board and claiming this is a societal sexist problem was mature. in fact, it's the first time i can remember being disappointed in her in a sensational career as an artist and person. She's a wealthy artist who has plenty of money to fight this in court and not in social media.

is our last forum dead?

Edited by nyoldie

Taylor made Scott and vice versa. Each has done phenomenally for that relationship. They entered into a contract that may well have been slanted to the label, but so what? The question is who is trying to breach it now. It seems that the only problem really was that the label owns her masters and that's prolly true for all artists, and there was confusion as to how the ama producer could resell performances without paying royalties. We don't have anywhere near the facts to reach any conclusions imho. I don't see how Taylor's behavior imploring others to get on board and claiming this is a societal sexist problem was mature. in fact, it's the first time i can remember being disappointed in her in a sensational career as an artist and person. She's a wealthy artist who has plenty of money to fight this in court and not in social media.

is our last forum dead?

Um the point is that Scott and Scooter have been proven to be liars. They claimed they reached an agreement with Dick Clark Productions about Taylor's AMAs performance, but Dick Clark Productions denied such a conversation ever happened. They also claimed that Taylor owes them money, Taylor's publicist came out with proof saying they in fact owe her over $7 million in unpaid royalties from over several years. If they can act like this towards an artist of Taylor's status, imagine how they treat much smaller artists. The point is that it sheds a light on the dark side of the music industry and how much people who play no part in an artist's work can still exert control over them and how much they take advantage of small artists. IMO Danielle should leave Big Machine when her contract is up and stay far away from both of them. All of their artists should.

Edited by BogoGog24

Um the point is that Scott and Scooter have been proven to be liars. They claimed they reached an agreement with Dick Clark Productions about Taylor's AMAs performance, but Dick Clark Productions denied such a conversation ever happened. They also claimed that Taylor owes them money, Taylor's publicist came out with proof saying they in fact owe her over $7 million in unpaid royalties from over several years. If they can act like this towards an artist of Taylor's status, imagine how they treat much smaller artists. The point is that it sheds a light on the dark side of the music industry and how much people who play no part in an artist's work can still exert control over them and how much they take advantage of small artists. IMO Danielle should leave Big Machine when her contract is up and stay far away from both of them. All of their artists should.

agree with this. and they clammed she wasn't allowed to sing old songs at AMA's cause it was a recorded event, yet they had no problem when she did her old songs at GMA Tiny Desk or Prime Day concert all recorded events. also glad Taylor knows shes not the only one affected like she said artists should own their own music. thats why she made the statement.

Also as to who made who more I say Taylor made Scott/Big Machine more since he really wasn't able to make anyone else as famous. Shes where is is today cause of her songwriting and connection with fans. she goes above and beyond with the fans, like surprising them at places, inviting them into her home etc. she really made herself.

Edited by bswanson

After all her success she had at Big Machine Scott could have at least offered her the label first before Scooter. She would have bought it to get her masters, She never just wanted them given to her she will willing to pay. Scooter saying "when you buy Taylor Swift" was kind of low too. and Taylor is not the firs to complain about the two.

Edited by bswanson

After all her success she had at Big Machine Scott could have at least offered her the label first before Scooter. She would have bought it to get her masters, She never just wanted them given to her she will willing to pay. Scooter saying "when you buy Taylor Swift" was kind of low too. and Taylor is not the firs to complain about the two.

As much money as Taylor has, I doubt she could have afforded to buy the whole label, not to mention she’d be stuck with all the other artist catalogs she doesn’t want. She was not offered a fair chance to purchase them, her only option was to sign another deal with them and earn back each one for each new album she made. But she definitely should have been offered a real chance to buy them. At the very least, she made peace with the fact she couldn’t buy them back but Scott sold them to the one person she didn’t want to have them. Scooter got outside funding in order to put up that $300 million, I wonder if maybe Taylor could/should have done the same.

As much money as Taylor has, I doubt she could have afforded to buy the whole label, not to mention she’d be stuck with all the other artist catalogs she doesn’t want. She was not offered a fair chance to purchase them, her only option was to sign another deal with them and earn back each one for each new album she made. But she definitely should have been offered a real chance to buy them. At the very least, she made peace with the fact she couldn’t buy them back but Scott sold them to the one person she didn’t want to have them. Scooter got outside funding in order to put up that $300 million, I wonder if maybe Taylor could/should have done the same.

yeah . and also where Scooter got the money is questionable too some other Country that is tied to stuff. I get the label would be worth nothing without her masters but still he could have sold it to someone else maybe actually talked with Taylor and she could give ideas who to sell the label too. I loved her speech at AMA about Universal label they actually care about her and are treating her right.

Edited by bswanson