AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

istersay

If Layla makes it to the voting rounds, she could be a serious threat. Not only does she check a lot of boxes, but I can imagine her home state of Kentucky going all out for her. Personally, I didn’t care for that “Blown Away“ cover much. I’d advise her to steer clear of the big voice divas, and pick songs she can make her own. She definitely has potential.

If Layla makes it to the voting rounds, she could be a serious threat. Not only does she check a lot of boxes, but I can imagine her home state of Kentucky going all out for her. Personally, I didn’t care for that “Blown Away“ cover much. I’d advise her to steer clear of the big voice divas, and pick songs she can make her own. She definitely has potential.

I think Layla has better potential than Riley.

Then again, recall how "well" your expectations for Riley panned-out? :bleh:

I think Layla has better potential than Riley.

Then again, recall how "well" your expectations for Riley panned-out? :bleh:

To be clear, I don’t think Riley is very good. I just thought a decent sized portion of the audience would support the only contestant singing country songs, but it turns out I was wrong about that. On the other hand, I was right about Jeremiah! :icecream:

Edited by TeamAudra

To be clear, I don’t think Riley is very good. I just thought a decent sized portion of the audience would support the only contestant singing country songs, but it turns out I was wrong about that. On the other hand, I was right about Jeremiah! :icecream:

What were you right about with him? :whistling: Him winning was always a longshot, but he survived 3 public votes, which was a great thing. He also could have had more votes than Laci, but we'll never really know. :haha:

The incumbent winner is part Asian. :haha:

I know, but I want a full Asian Chinese/Japanese guy. lmao

I know Laine's mom is Asian, but with Laine it's not easy to tell. Not saying that he isn't Asian enough.

It's just people are all different. I guess I want the typical William Hung joke for Asians gone. A guy that can actually sing. Like. Does that make sense? lol

I want someone who looks like Heejun Han, but sings like a rocker or a soulful guy. In other words I have a type. lol

I know priorities and I'm weird. Hell, I want a rocker Asian lady too. Someone like Cassandra from Wayne's World... :shifty: :haha:

How about Idol's very own Yoko Ono? :teehee:

(No, Gokey's "Scream On" doesn't count, even if it sounds exactly the same as her music.)

:roll:

Asian rock chicks man... lol I SOUND SO WEIRD I JUST LIKE COOL PEOPLE IN A VARIETY OF COLORS. lmao :haha:

I'm glad Layla Spring won. Logan Johnson was good, but he just sounds too much like Shawn Mendes with the Speechless song by Dan & Shay. He needs to be his own original artist. And Shawn Robinson's performance was bad from song choice to the way he sang it. It was too strong of a song for him. I like Bruno Mars and the song That's What I Like, but not for him. Layla Spring did Carrie Underwood justice with Blown Away. She was the best of the three without question. If there were two that were allowed to go through, I would have picked Logan Johnson too.

Edited by movieguy40

Everyone, can you all take this blathering chatter to a different thread and let this be what its title alleges: actual spoiler discussion?! There's a general thread for a reason. Otherwise, it makes it look as if there is something new to chat about, when in actuality it's the same debates from yesteryear. :yawn:

Everyone, can you all take this blathering chatter to a different thread and let this be what its title alleges: actual spoiler discussion?! There's a general thread for a reason. Otherwise, it makes it look as if there is something new to chat about, when in actuality it's the same debates from yesteryear. :yawn:

We need spoilers like yesterday... :yes: :wave:

i forgot if we got format spoilers before the site got wiped, but do we know if it's top 40 for showcase again?
We haven't gotten any format spoilers yet, but I'd assume it'll be the same as it was the last two seasons. The only difference is we have two extra weeks this season since they're starting in mid-February rather than at the beginning of March. My guess is they'll go back to doing the semi-finals over two weeks like in S16 as opposed to the one night of solo performances like in S17 and we'll lose one of the double eliminations in the finals.