CGF's top 50 songs of 2019

QueenKalie

10. I've Been Good - Cassadee Pope: This is also one of my favorites from Cassadee's album. I love the play on words she does here, although it's sad. :bye2: Her delivery and vocals on this are great as always.

9. Girl - Marren Morris: I really like this Maren song as well, although I do prefer some others from her. But I appreciate the message of the song and video. It's really good.

8. Alice in Wonderland - Kalie Shorr: The name of this song captures my attention right away, and it has a really cool sound to it. Ugh, that's an awful situation she had to go through. :ermm: It made for a good song though. I really love the vibe of this and definitely would want to hear this again. :bobo:

7. Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez: I love this song from Selena. It's so beautiful, emotional, raw, vulnerable... all the things.

6. Homecoming Queen - Kelsea Ballerini: Ah yay, I know four of the five songs here, which must be a record. :haha: Love this one.

10. I've Been Good - Cassadee Pope - I'm hot and cold on Cassadee, but this is one of my favorites that I've heard from her latest album.

9. Girl - Marren Morris - Not my favorite from Maren at all, just style over substance for me.

8. Alice in Wonderland - Kalie Shorr - I like the lyrics/story of the song! Her voice is something that would have to grow on me though.

7. Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez - Yeah I suppose this is her best song? #lowstandards But in all seriousness it's good to hear a raw emotional ballad from her and it's one of the few I like from her.

6. Homecoming Queen - Kelsea Ballerini - Another raw emotional ballad. Always liked this one from Kelsea. :thumbs:

Going to post #5 & #4 today before the server upgrades. Deciding the order of the top 5 was really hard. There was a clear top 5 for me but picking the order I struggled with and it changed quite a bit especially the top 3. At one point I had 3 different winners. I really do love all 5 of these songs and they all would have made for good winners in my opinion.

Edited by CGlaserFan

5. F U Forever - Kalie Shorr

IPB Image

This song is just hilarious, I nearly spat out my drink several times the very first time I heard this song. What Kalie does better than any singer that I know of is her ability to interject her funny and witty personality into a song and make it flow and super catchy. I can listen to this song and all her others and not get bored because of how fun the songs actually are. The song is about something kinda tragic but you still end up laughing at it which is something I don't know of anyone else being able to do especially this well. I just noticed after doing the write ups for both these songs that both of the songs in this set are expletive rated for frequent use of the F word. :giggle:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0PpE3EPr5xvI...ZSouddvGmECMTIQ

4. Perspective - Bailey Bryan

IPB Image

My favorite Bailey Bryan song! :wub: This is one of those songs for me that the more times I listen to it the more that I love it. I can't say enough just how much I love her voice. This song has 2 different versions one that drops a couple of f bombs and one that doesn't. I prefer the f bomb version as it flows better and it just works for the song more than the other version. I will leave both versions in here, the Spotify link will have the f bombs and the YouTube version doesn't. ( I think) I feel like this song should probably be higher, especially with how often that I listen to it still but I didn't feel like dropping any of the songs that are in the top 3 so number 4 it is I guess.

https://open.spotify.com/track/48j2Za1Bt4Md..._TEGQyGIKTfRq3g

5. F U Forever - Kalie Shorr
4. Perspective - Bailey Bryan

Edited by CGlaserFan

Hi Wally! :) :) :)

LOL Why are you acting like that's news to you? :dead: :bleh:

Anywho I think she's really talented (as a singer/songwriter/musician and all) and I got nothing against her, she's just not my cup of tea. :haha:

Catching up on the Top 10 and …. Oooh I enjoy most of your Top 10. I like the Cassadee, Maren, Selena and Kelsea songs. The Selena one is my favorite of one there, and is the one I am most familiar with. I do like the other songs there too.

5. F U Forever - Kalie Shorr - This song is hilarious. :haha: Really catchy too. Definitely my favorite of hers I've heard so far.

4. Perspective - Bailey Bryan - I like this on first listen, especially the chorus. I think it could grow on me even more with a few listens.

5. F U Forever - Kalie Shorr - This song is hilarious. :haha: Really catchy too. Definitely my favorite of hers I've heard so far.

4. Perspective - Bailey Bryan - I like this on first listen, especially the chorus. I think it could grow on me even more with a few listens.

This is how I felt about both songs. I liked Perspective at first but I loved it more and more on future listens.

• 2 weeks later...

#3. Blackout - Danielle Bradbery

IPB Image

Deciding on the top 3 was super difficult as all 3 of these songs were #1 on my list at one point or another. This song was originally the #1 song on my list but the more I thought about it I came to the conclusion that I liked the other 2 songs more than I liked this one so I settled on 3rd place for it. Danielle is amazing and can sing anything that you give to her whether its country, pop or whatever. Blackout is a pure pop song that she sang for the Charlies Angels soundtrack. The soundtrack featured mostly Ariana Grande a long with a few others. My favorite thing about this song besides Danielle's killer vocals of course is that so many people who had no idea who she was before this song, they had nothing but super kind things to say about it. A lot of people who listened to the album were doing it because of Ariana and most of them were disappointed by Ariana's songs but they all ranked this song as their favorite or one of their favorites. I had a video clip of this posted in the Danielle thread but Rip that thread among other amazing threads on IDF. My favorite YouTube video that I watched was from a really funny African-American woman who loved Ariana and had no clue who Danielle was and she crap all over Ariana and praised Danielle immensely. It go me thinking that maybe Danielle should do what Taylor and other woman had done and transition to pop music. The people who had no idea who she was were so accepting of her and we all know that country music radio hates women side note f*ck 98fmKCQ so maybe it would be the better career move. Anyways Blackout is awesome, Danielle is awesome and deserves the best and that's all I gotta say about that!

https://open.spotify.com/track/371PIC7QHGu4...sRcSXm6MSYSIsoA

#3. Blackout - Danielle Bradbery

Edited by CGlaserFan

LOL the Ariana story. 😂 But I thought Danielle was already well on her way to transitioning to pop based on flop songs like Sway? Anyway, this is about Blackout and it's really good! Definitely one of her better recent ones.

Edited by Sadora

17 minutes ago, Sadora said:

LOL the Ariana story. 😂 But I thought Danielle was already well on her way to transitioning to pop based on flop songs like Sway? Anyway, this is about Blackout and it's really good! Definitely one of her better recent ones.

Sway wasn't one of my favorite songs but it streamed well at least. From what I read her next album which should be out some time in 2020 is going to be purely country. I go back and forth on whether that's a good idea or not but either way I am sure it's gonna be great.