CGF's top 50 songs of 2019

QueenKalie

20. FYI - Cassadee Pope - Yeah I'm not really a fan of her latest album either from what I've heard but this is pretty good.

19. Songbird - Bailey Bryan - I like the lyrics, but her voice and the melody are just ok for me. Didn't like the talk singing in the second half either.

18. This Ain't Love - Lacy Cavalier - Now this one I'm really liking. She's got a deep tone that I like.

17. Field Party - Kassi Ashton - This is ok, maybe I'd like a studio version better.

16. Where We Started - Bailey Bryan - I usually don't care for country tones like hers that much (hence why Emily Ann isn't one of my favorite country singers on the Voice) but I like this song much more than the first one you posted, it's catchy.

Everyone has some type of accent. Some are more obvious then others of course. What ever the case may be here it really works for her.

Yaya at an awesome female country singer actually getting some radio time. :wub:

Oh, I get that. I just I never heard of one specific to my home state. :haha: I'm going to need to check out her speaking voice. :teehee:

:w00t:

Oh, I get that. I just I never heard of one specific to my home state. :haha: I'm going to need to check out her speaking voice. :teehee:

:w00t:

https://instagram.com/baileymyown?igshid=si8q6wksvwi6

You can hear her talk about her EP on her instagram see if she sounds similar to you or not I guess. Shes from a rural area so that might be different then being from like Seattle or something though.

Edited by CGlaserFan

15. Gatsby - Kalie Shorr

IPB Image

One of the things I like the most about a person or a song is if they don't take themselves to seriously. In this song Kalie flat-out makes fun of herself the entire time. She has no problem pointing out and making fun of her own flaws. She does it in a real funny way which made for a great song. She would be an absolute blast to hang out and hopefully I will get a chance to make this happen at some point you never know I guess.

https://open.spotify.com/track/21KAw9h2KUGZ...DRguYavXmxqzriA

14. Dumbest Thing - Lacy Cavalier

IPB Image

This had been my favorite Lacy Cavalier song but I have listened to This Ain't Love more often recently but I left this one higher since I have liked it the most for the longest time. I think they are both great songs and she has a great singing voice that I love so I am fine with my order. I am really excited for 2020 after discovering a lot of new people who I absolutely love Lacy being one of the top ones in that regard.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3O4cmV3p8918...PQWyYQkuHkU3QMw

13. Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves

IPB Image

Rainbow was released as a single on February 11th so for the purposely of list I am counting it as a 2019 song even though the album was released in 2018. Rainbow is a very pretty song and probably my favorite Kacey song. Kacey obviously has a ton of great songs thus why she won the Grammy For Album of the Year. She definitely deserved that Grammy as Golden Hour was a phenomenal album. She performed Rainbow at the Grammy's and that was truly a special performance for sure.

https://open.spotify.com/track/79qxwHypONUt...YRySmTwTMidzo-A

12. Violins - Kassi Ashton

IPB Image

Kassi only has 5 songs out on Spotify 3 of which made this list and this is my favorite song of hers. It is also her most popular one with 1.3M streams. For someone who is really new her stream numbers are not bad at all. Hopefully we can get a full album or even an EP since the singles did really well. That could help her officially break out if the new songs are as good as these singles are.

https://open.spotify.com/track/18e6iuHmDlIp...SSfSdUWZd3d0hqQ

11. Trust You - Julia Cole

IPB Image

To continue the trend Trust You is also my favorite Julia Cole song. Julia is also relatively new artist and Trust You is her most popular song to date with 1.1M Spotify streams. Where at the part of the ranking where it's really hard to rank all these songs because I really love them all. Apparently it's my 6th most streamed song of 2019 which songs about right since I know I have streamed it a lot.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0Ddrbmhs2jMl...qRiGuutJ_H117Pw

15. Gatsby - Kalie Shorr
14. Dumbest Thing - Lacy Cavalier
13. Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves
12. Violins - Kassi Ashton
11. Trust You - Julia Cole

Edited by CGlaserFan

https://instagram.com/baileymyown?igshid=si8q6wksvwi6

You can hear her talk about her EP on her instagram see if she sounds similar to you or not I guess. Shes from a rural area so that might be different then being from like Seattle or something though.

Thanks! ^_^ I'm also going to listen to her EPs soon. :w00t:

15. Gatsby - Kalie Shorr: This is a fun song. I definitely hear her making fun of herself right at the start. :haha: I liked this on a first listen.

14. Dumbest Thing - Lacy Cavalier: This is okay for me, but could also be a grower. I don't mind it and like the emotion behind the song.

13. Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves: I do know and love this song.

12. Violins - Kassi Ashton: This is kind of fun and I like the punch of the beat.

11. Trust You - Julia Cole: Oh, I like the feel of this. :bobo: It's really light and upbeat, which makes me happy... despite the lyrics not necessarily being in the same vein.

10 to 6 at the same time then individually sounds better.

Okay cool that's what I was thinking as well.

Thanks! ^_^ I'm also going to listen to her EPs soon. :w00t:

15. Gatsby - Kalie Shorr: This is a fun song. I definitely hear her making fun of herself right at the start. :haha: I liked this on a first listen.

14. Dumbest Thing - Lacy Cavalier: This is okay for me, but could also be a grower. I don't mind it and like the emotion behind the song.

13. Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves: I do know and love this song. <3 It's up there with one of my favorites from Kacey as well, if not my favorite. I love her vocals on this, as well as the melody, the lyrics, and everything. It's beautiful.

12. Violins - Kassi Ashton: This is kind of fun and I like the punch of the beat.

11. Trust You - Julia Cole: Oh, I like the feel of this. :bobo: It's really light and upbeat, which makes me happy... despite the lyrics not necessarily being in the same vein.

You moved your comments to the right thread and I am no longer confused now yeah! :wub:

15. Gatsby - Kalie Shorr - I like the lyrics and it's kind of catchy. :thumbs:

14. Dumbest Thing - Lacy Cavalier - Eh it's alright but kind of forgettable.

13. Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves - Love this! One of my favorites from Kacey.

12. Violins - Kassi Ashton - Pretty catchy.

11. Trust You - Julia Cole - This is pretty good! Definitely want to listen to it again. :thumbs:

Oooh lmao Kalie’s humor and poking fun at herself is quite funny. :haha:

I’m not much of a Kacey fan but “Rainbow” is a really nice and pretty song. :yes:

“Trust You” is really nice too. I really like Julia’s voice.

Quick thoughts:

- I need to check out Kali’s album as I’ve seen it on lots of year end list.

- I absolutely love Rainbow

- Glad to see you liking Kassi; not the biggest fan of some of her songs but Pretty Shining Things is my favourite of the one on the list.

10. I've Been Good - Cassadee Pope

IPB Image

Spotify said this was my most streamed song of 2019 which I was a little surprised about. It's a fantastic song and worth the honors but the amount of times I streamed Open Book in October / November and well December too surprised me. But I guess Spotify doesn't count November or December so that made sense then. Stages really was that album for most of the year and I've Been Good is a big part of that reason for sure.

https://open.spotify.com/track/71cI9cdzfro0...GTuyUX15sfi0j-g

9. Girl - Maren Morris

IPB Image

It's been awhile since Maren has made an appearance but here she is again. This is by far my favorite song off of the Girl Album. It's probably my third favorite Maren song behind I Could Use a Love Song and My Church. I love the message the songs conveys the music video is really good as well. I saw Maren in concert in June and she was absolutely fantastic the lineup was star studded and I felt like Maren did the best out of all of them.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3y5B5ebFMzEE...ZSPmiXo7MiZW9-A

8. Alice in Wonderland - Kalie Shorr

IPB Image

Hey look it's another song off the highly praised Open Book Album and spoiler alert it's not the last one. :giggle: Anyways this song is about Kalie's former friend who hooked up with Kalie's boyfriend and the time and then they started dating. She's basically saying that the relationship will be good but it's going to get really bad quickly so get out now. Like every other song on the album it's really catchy and I love it so here it is.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6LB4piSwmQO1..._Quyqn_HPI69r3Q

7. Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez

IPB Image

My new all time favorite Selena Gomez song! :wub: She really outdid herself on this song because I think it's far and away her best song none of the other songs can compare to it. If Rare has more of these gems on it then we are in for a real treat soon and I can't wait. It didn't take long for this song to reach #1 on the Billboard top 100 chart. It is by far the most streamed and successful song on my list. There's really a lot to love about this song my favorite part is probably how it righteously trashes Justin Bieber for being such a horrible human being. He really is trash and should have been cancelled a long time ago but since girls think he's hot he is still thriving sadly. Selena always deserved better than him and I am glad that she knows this finally.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1HfMVBKM75vx...6TzaBSNVfi-i1sA

6. Homecoming Queen - Kelsea Ballerini

IPB Image

Speaking about large gaps between songs the gap between Club and Homecoming Queen is bigger than the 2 Maren songs. Contrary to what Fifi thinks I thought Homecoming Queen was the superior song out of the two. Pretty much everything that Kelsea does is gold so it might be splitting hairs but I like this song so much more. Kelsea has been working hard on her third album and it should be out in the first half of 2020 at some point. There hasn't been a release day announced but Kelsea did respond to someone saying to wait 3 weeks for an announcement so my guess is K3 comes out in March. This is probably going to be my most anticipated album of 2020 but others might surprise me and come out with another album as well but I have really high hopes for this album since the first 2 were so amazing this third album is sure to be amazing as well.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1s71G3V7XQaV...SRsCfFpm62GUsBA

10. I've Been Good - Cassadee Pope
9. Girl - Marren Morris
8. Alice in Wonderland - Kalie Shorr
7. Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez
6. Homecoming Queen - Kelsea Ballerini

Edited by CGlaserFan