CGF's top 50 songs of 2019

QueenKalie

Club :wub: too low but it's fine. It's still better than homecoming queen no matter what you say :*

THE OTHER SIDE :wub: I've been obsessed with Lauren Alaina recently. this song and Getting Good are amazing releases

Maroon 5's appearance is a choice.

But I enjoy "Club" and "The Other Side".

i- pretty much just RT this :giggle:

45. Me and You - Presley Tennant

IPB Image

Presley Tennant was on season 16 of The Voice. Unfortunately she was on the tragic season that had cross battles and everyone got screwed over but Blake's basic male country artists and the eventual winner Queen Maelyn. Presely came out with a couple songs in 2019 1 I loved the rest weren't really for me. Me and You is obviously the one I liked and it's on some of my playlists so it deserves a spot in the top 50!

https://open.spotify.com/track/27zQu3Lu83w0...KQKOZdaV359u-Rg

44. God Must Have Told You To - Emily Ann Roberts

IPB Image

Emily Ann is the first person to make a second appearance on this ranking. She will make one more appearance later on but God Must Have Told You To is another song off her same EP. Really all the songs on the album are bops so she did really well with this EP so congrats to her on that!

https://open.spotify.com/track/6GeO9fdSbRfK...5TwqNl3enBvw6XQ

43. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa

IPB Image

Dua is a pop queen from the UK. She obviously has had a ton of previous success in the last years starting in 2015. She has a new album coming out in the start of 2020 and has released the lead single for that album already and it's called Don't Start Now. It's probably not on the level of some of her previously songs like New Rules but it's still a good song that is worth listening to for sure.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6WrI0LAC5M1R...cR7255EO5yMT1EA

42. I Fell in Love with the Devil - Avril Lavigne

IPB Image

After taking a long break from music Avril came back and released an album in February of this year. The bests song on that album were released as singles in 2018 so they didn't qualify for this list. Head Above Water would have easily had mad the top 20 since that song was so good. But I Fell in Love with the Devil will be her lone appearance in this ranking. She had 3 good songs on that album and the rest were skips if we are gonna be honest. All 3 of those songs are good songs and the order I would rank them is Head Above Water > Tell Me It's Over > I Fell in Love with the Devil.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6HHtTXPyBTJs...oRJS_UPBNaj9jAg

41. Chasing Me - Lauren Duski

IPB Image

Meet the most robbed Voice contestant Lauren Duski! Lauren finished in 2 place on season 12 of The Voice to a guy who couldn't really sing but he was a good dancer / performer. Oh well. Chasing Me is a single that she just recently released and it's a very good song! I saw her perform it live in concert like a month ago and I had a blast at her concert! But anyways Lauren is great this song is great although it could use to cut out that extra at the end on spotify but that's just a minor complaint I guess.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2htp35DVLWbT...dSPifLUJniPlbOQ

[b]41. Chasing Me - Lauren Duski[/b]
[b]42. I Fell in Love With the Devil - Avril Lavigne[/b]
[b]43. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa[/b][b]
[b]44. God Must Have Told You To - Emily Ann Roberts[/b]
[b]45. Me and You - Presley Tennant[/b]

Edited by QueenKalie

I'm liking the way this list is going.

#teamwaffle

Funny thing about Dua Lipa tho...I absolutely love her voice. Could listen to her sing covers all day....dont really care for her original music tho.

Love Chasing Me...totally agree about the end. It's awkward.

I'm liking the way this list is going.

#teamwaffle

Funny thing about Dua Lipa tho...I absolutely love her voice. Could listen to her sing covers all day....dont really care for her original music tho.

Yeah I get that. Her songs are a little hit or miss for me as well. She's got some songs that I love and can listen to frequently but also songs that I won't listen to again. She came out with a new single today and I didn't care for it.

A set full of songs from the Vomit contestants? Thank u, next.

Jk I obviously love Lauren; she's one of the only reality show contestants I bother to follow and I've liked everything she's put out so far.

Presley's song is also surprisingly good.

The Avril and Dua songs are bops as well.

A set full of songs from the Vomit contestants? Thank u, next.

Jk I obviously love Lauren; she's one of the only reality show contestants I bother to follow and I've liked everything she's put out so far.

Presley's song is also surprisingly good.

The Avril and Dua songs are bops as well.

Tom approving of my set. :wub:

40. I Hope You're Happy Now - Carly Pearce, Lee Brice

IPB Image

This is one of a couple of duets that managed to make my top 50 list. I think both Carly, and Lee do a really good job on this song. I checked it out on Spotify since I am a fan of Carly and I really enjoyed listening to it so it made the play list!

https://open.spotify.com/track/1iiehnBysGi5...cRFKtXHKe8mPMkQ

39. Break - Jacquie

IPB Image

I love Jacquie she is one of my all time favorite Voice contestants. She has also made some of the best bost voice stuff out of all the contestants. She released 2 singles this year and her next EP is coming out in January! If it's anything like the Broken Ones EP it's going to be amazing. Anyways like I said she has released 2 singles this year one is Break and the other is Grimm. I wasn't really a fan of the Grimm song but I do enjoy Break so Break made it on the list and Grimm did not.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3OGMwLZ5ZbPT...HQteJ8y3CZlGbpw

38. All My Favorite People - Maren Morris ft Brothers Osborne

IPB Image

Another one of those duets coming off the board here. Saw Maren in concert this summer so obviously I love her. Girl was a solid album it has some songs on it that I love but it also had a lot of skips which is some what unfortunate since Maren is pretty great. All My Favorite People is a very fun song though so it earned the 38 spot.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5eWxOg6tDkf5...GTPaMbi7u8aW6TQ

37. Getting Good - Lauren Alaina

IPB Image

Another Lauren Alaina song on the list. I love both her songs that she released this year but I do feel like this is the superior one out of the two. The message of this song just really resonated with me so I l guess that's why I liked a little bit more than The Other Side.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6ZU30kIHamg5...1TpqQUy_t3S_YMw

36. Waiting on a Ring - Roxan

IPB Image

upload

Roxan is a duo consisting of Morgan Frazier and Ivoree Howell. Morgan I know from Season 9 of The Voice and Ivoree I just heard of because of this duo. I think this was by far the least streamed song on my top 50 which is a shame because its a really really pretty song. I think the full EP is coming out in 2020. It's a pretty simple song but everything about it is great and it makes you want to replay it over and over again.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4U1pG0MZYc9O...tQbarUADrHPg-Rg

[b]36. Waiting on a Ring - Roxan[/b]
[b]37. Getting Good - Lauren Alaina[/b]
[b]38. All My Favorite People - Maren Morris ft Brother Osborne[/b]
[b]39. Break - Jacquie[/b]
[b]40. I Hope You're Happy Now - Carly Pearce, Lee Brice[/b]

Edited by QueenKalie

50. Wild - Emily Ann Roberts: Never heard this. Emily Ann has a pretty voice and sounds good on this. Probably not something i would listen to regularly but I like it well enough.

49. The Other Side - Lauren Alaina: I know this from Lauren dancing a Contemporary to this on DWTS, which I would recommend you to watch if you haven’t done so as that was one of her best dances. Anyway, this is a beautiful, sad and moving song but I do like this from here and her vocals on this.

48. Memories - Maroon 5: I’m hearing this song a lot on the radio now, as I do with lots of M5 songs. :haha: This is a pretty song and very nice. It kinda bored me for awhile but is growing on me now.

47. Club - Kelsea Ballerini: I think I heard this from Kelsea on the E! People Choice Awards? That was the only time i heard this until now. This is a cute song and I always like Kelsea (nowhere near your level). Nice, fun and catchy song and this could grow on me if i heard it more.

46. Love Me & Let Me Go - Ashley Tisdale: Haven’t heard music from Ashley in awhile. I think I heard a part/clip of this before but I don’t really remember. I do like this from listening to it now and it could be one of those that grows on me with more listens.

45. Me and You - Presley Tennant: OMGG LOL you gonna have so many The Voice contestants on here huh? :haha: Gah ugh I don’t remember later season contestants as much and don’t really remember Presley With that said, this is a nice song and she sounds beautiful on this.

44. God Must Have Told You To - Emily Ann Roberts: NHT but this is another really pretty song from her.

43. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa: Ooh yayy another song I know besides Memories. :haha: Anyway this is a fun pop jam and I am really like this song. :bobo: It’s still growing on me and I can grow to love it with more time.

42. I Fell in Love with the Devil - Avril Lavigne: NHT but ooo this is quite dark and intense. I always really liked Avril throughout her career. And I am liking this on first listen.

41. Chasing Me - Lauren Duski: lol your first sentence. Second isn’t robbed. :) N-E-WAYZ. NHT but this is really nice and pretty from Lauren.

35. Pretty Shiny Things - Kassi Ashton

IPB Image

I went to this massive country concert in Chicago over the summer and on one night they had exclusively women performing that night. I had no idea who Kassi was at that point, but she was the opening act, so I watched her perform. She was absolutely fantastic in concert. She only got to sing like 4 or 5 songs, but they were all great. It was because of her that I decided to google search for other up and coming female country singers. This is how I discovered a bunch of my current favorites, so I am glad I showed up early to this concert to get a good spot since it was standing room only. I don't think Kassi sang this particular song at the concert, but she definitely sang the 2 songs that will show up later in this ranking during the concert, so I hope you enjoy all these songs from her as much as I do!

https://open.spotify.com/track/1VJwwtODVYNj...OTnO8wJEam561cQ

34. To Be Young - Chloe MK

IPB Image

Hmm, what else to say about Chloe that I didn't previously say. Well I saw her perform live this summer at a record store in Chicago so that was pretty cool I guess. I have never seen anyone perform in a record store before so it was a unique experience for sure. Anyways this is one of the better songs on the EP that she released this summer.

https://open.spotify.com/track/65yz345ttTtT...WRVe4MehY78S5Ng

33. Escape - Kalie Shorr

IPB Image

I was going to write a novel for this write up but then I realized that I am going to have to write about her 5 more times after this so it's probably best to spread the love out. :haha: Kalie is one of the people I discovered through a basic Google search of upcoming country singers. A bunch of different article praised, so I checked her out, and they were certainly right about her. This was all before she released her album Open Book which is beyond amazing really. So fast-forward to September and this masterpiece of an album is released and I have played every song on that album countless number of times. Fun fact she was the only country singer to make the New York Times top albums of the year list so that's a really impressive feat if you ask me! Escape is the 2 song on the album and my 6th favorite so here it is!

https://open.spotify.com/track/1tYiZl7AWFr1...tRrCE2eELdxO6Cw

32. How I Feel Right Now - Cassadee Pope

IPB Image

How I Feel Right Now is off of the Stages Album that Cassadee dropped at the start of the year. Stages was basically Open Book before Open Book existed. Stages is a tremendous that I couldn't praise more. A couple of the songs from Stages weren't eligible for this ranking since they were released as singles in 2018 otherwise there would be more representation in this ranking. With that being said there are 4 songs from the Stages album on the rankings so that's pretty good. Cassadee is probably my favorite singer, so she's going to get a lot of love from me here! :wub:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0r7U7Y48dxa8...MQli20hbLao-G0A

31. Be Where We Are - Julia Cole

IPB Image

Julia Cole is another recent singer that I have discovered. After discovering her this summer I have been wearing out her music for the last couple months. She has steadily been releasing songs all throughout the year and Be Where We Are is one of the newest ones. Julia will be making 3 appearances in this ranking with this being her lowest spot obviously. I have not had the chance to see her in concert yet but I really want to and hopefully I will be able to accomplish that when I go to CMA fest in Nashville in June!

https://open.spotify.com/track/5rabq8ndZ45X...6S0qLpIfl60hpkw

[b]31. Be Where We Are - Julia Cole[/b]
[b]32. How I Feel Right Now - Cassadee Pope[/b]
[b]33. Escape - Kalie Shorr[/b]
[b]34. To Be Young - Chloe MK[/b]
[b]35. Pretty Shiny Things - Kassi Ashton[/b]

Edited by QueenKalie

Sure I'm open for suggestions on how to format it. I thought a Spotify / YouTube link would be good enough but I can change the format if need be.

Yeah I meant like this:

[b]32. How I Feel Right Now - Cassadee Pope - [/b]
[b]31. Be Where We Are - Julia Cole - [/b]