CGF's top 50 songs of 2019

QueenKalie

So I have seen Wally, Steven and a couple other people post their top songs of the year before so I figured I mine as well do one as well so here it is! I think other people's lists went to a 100 but I found there to be a significant drop off in quality from 1 to 100 so I narrowed it down to 50 instead! I already have my top 50 in place but I won't be posting the results till like the beginning of December so artists have a couple more weeks to try and get on this esteemed and highly important list! I hope everyone listens and enjoys the music on my list because it will be quite different than everyone else's so that's a plus I think! Diversity rules! Anyways feel free to comment below on thoughts / predictions or whatever just leave me the next post for me to put the rankings!

Edited by CGlaserFan

1. If My Heart Had A Heart - Cassadee Pope

2. Lullaby - Kalie Shorr

3. Blackout - Danielle Bradbery

4. Perspective - Bailey Bryan

5. F U Forever - Kalie Shorr

6. Homecoming Queen - Kelsea Ballerini

7. Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez

8. Alice in Wonderland - Kalie Shorr

9. Girl - Marren Morris

10. I've Been Good - Cassadee Pope

11. Trust You - Julia Cole

12. Violins - Kassi Ashton

13. Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves

14. Dumbest Thing - Lacy Cavalier

15. Gatsby - Kalie Shorr

16. Where We Started - Bailey Bryan

17. Field Party - Kassi Ashton

18. This Ain't Love - Lacy Cavalier

19. Songbird - Bailey Bryan

20. FYI Cassadee Pope

21. Shallow - Danielle Bradbery Cover

22. Someday Dream - Emily Ann Roberts

23. The World Keeps Spinning - Kalie Shorr

24. More Hearts Than Mine - Ingrid Andress

25. Slow Dance in a Parking Lot - Julia Cole

26. Never Getting Over You - Hannah Huston

27. Cheating On U - Lacy Cavalier

28. Lift Me Up - Ferris Pier, Featuring Abby Cates

29. The Weather - Lauren Duski

30. Both- Ingrid Andress

31. Be Where We Are - Julia Cole

32. How I Feel Right Now - Cassadee Pope

33. Escape - Kalie Shorr

34. To Be Young - Chloe MK

35. Pretty Shiny Things - Kassi Ashton

36. Waiting on a Ring - Roxan

37. Getting Good - Lauren Alaina

38. All My Favorite People - Maren Morris ft Brother Osborne

39. Break - Jacquie

40. I Hope You're Happy Now - Carly Pearce, Lee Brice

41. Chasing Me - Lauren Duski

42. I Fell in Love With the Devil - Avril Lavigne

43. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa

44. God Must Have Told You To - Emily Ann Roberts

45. Me and You - Presley Tennant

46. Love Me & Let Me Go - Ashley Tisdale

47. Club - Kelsea Ballerini

48. Memories- Maroon 5

49. The Other Side - Lauren Alaina

50. Wild - Emily Ann Roberts

Honorable Mentions

When I Wasn't Watching - Mandy Moore

Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith, Normani -

Ride - Chloe MK

I Don't Love You - Lindsay Ell

Hey 3AM - Olivia Lane

Edited by QueenKalie

Can't wait for all the Danielle and Cassadee songs!1!1! As well as the girl in your avatar whose name I forgot. :haha:

Her name is listed a couple times to help you remember it! :bleh: Danielle hasn't released much music this year but she will make an appearance or two.

Edited by CGlaserFan

• 3 weeks later...

I put this off for a bit because I knew a bunch of songs were coming out that I was gonna like but most of them came out today so I am finishing the list and this will start soon!

I'm assuming my future ex-wife Kelsea Ballerini will be well represented on this list?

I'm assuming my future ex-wife Kelsea Ballerini will be well represented on this list?

You guys are getting divorced? My condolences to you both 💔 it wasn't a huge year for her music wise but she will make an appearance or two. I expect big things from her next year though!

Complete list is finished including a 5 honorable mentions. I will post the honorable mentions after I get some more comments from people! Specially looking to hear what Fifi, Wally, Victoria and anyone else that might be interested in this has to say. I don't wanna go through all this work and have no one read it :haha:

A couple of fun facts about the top 50. 29 different artists appear in the top 50, this number is slightly inflated by the fact that there are a couple of duets on here but still I think that is a pretty good number of artists! The most frequent artist appears 6 times. A bunch of different genres make an appearance and those genres are, Country, Pop, Alternative/Indie, R&B/Soul, Dance/Electronic and maybe more. 7 different artists made the top 10 so its not even top heavy. A lot of these names people are probably not going to be familiar with as they aren't household names. There are some big names on here one of which hit #1 on the overall billboard charts and has over 200 million Spotify streams and on the opposite end of things one song has like 1800 streams. I made a Spotify playlist of all 50 songs that I will link when I am done posting all the songs. I think that's it so start posting more I guess! :flowers: :wub:

Honorable Mentions

When I Wasn't Watching - Mandy Moore

IPB Image

Mandy Moore hasn't released an album in a decade choosing to focus on acting over music. Hard to blame here there since she is killing it in there by being a part of a hit TV show among other things. But she is back with a new album coming out in 2020 and this single being out now. It's a lot different of a song then her traditional pop songs that she released in her younger years. She will be performing a concert in my area next year so I think I might go to that and see what she is like now a days. Anyways I liked this song and it was originally on my list but then other songs that I liked more just came out so it got bumped to an honorable mention.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7AQLbsUmyrHfRN3rmOtE56

I Don't Love You - Lindsay Ell

IPB Image

Lindsay is a country singer from Canada so that should make the Canadians on IDF to see some Canadian representation. I saw Lindsay in concert in June as she performed along with Cassadee Pope, Maren Morris, Miranda Lambert, Lauren Alaina and a bunch of other people. Lindsay was great and I like a lot of her songs. I believe this is the only song that Lindsay has released this year. And while I do like her and a lot of her songs this one isn't quite as good as some of her other ones. It still is good and I do like it so that's why I included it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/33btfJfuyIAY...hSJeQmn3S-DyfnQ

Ride - Chloe MK

IPB Image

Chloe won The Voice a few seasons ago. After winning The Voice she changed her stage name to Chloe MK and changed her music drastically. I saw her in concert in the summer and it was fun. She just released her first EP over the summer and this was one of the songs on the EP. It wasn't my favorite song on the EP the couple I liked more made the top 50 but I think Ride is a very solid song still.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3vdS4LdP9n3s...bT0aIfKUlZKqV5g

Hey 3 AM - Olivia Lane

IPB Image

Olivia is an artist I just heard of the for the first time like a day before I finalized this list. Apparently she was on the show Songland. I watched a couple episodes of that but it was kinda boring. How I heard of her was that she followed me on twitter out of the blue and I clicked on her account and saw that she was good friends with Kalie Shorr who is an artist I love so I followed her back and listened to a couple of her songs. They are pretty good songs but I didn't feel like including it into my top 50 since I had just heard it but I felt like it deserved an honorable mention at least.

Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith, Normani

IPB Image

This is not typically my type of music but I did enjoy this song. Sam Smith and Normani are both huge names in the music industry and they came together to create this enjoyable song. I didn't enjoy it enough to include it in my actual top 50 but I liked it well enough to include it in my honorable mention section.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2b8fOow8UzyD...QT-K1LubQ0ZmTXg

Edited by QueenKalie

I like the Lindsay Ell song. I've never heard of her but she has a very Maren Morris kinda vibe in this song.

I'm curious enough to check out more of her stuff.

She recently had a #1 hit with Brantley Gilbert which is a nice song. My favorite song of hers is criminal so you might wanna check out both of those songs.

Thanks Wally! Are you doing yours? If so I'll be paying attention to yours as well!

Mayyybeee? :shifty:

Never heard these most of these songs, except for one. I do love Mandy Moore so my first time hearing this and tis is a real nice song from her. She looks pretty in the video.

The Lindsey Ell song sounds kinda familiar but not sure where i heard it if I did. This is really nice and pretty and she sounds pretty on this.

Wow Chloe goes by “Chloe MK” now? Interesting. This isn’t really doing much for me on first listen ut it could be one of those songs tat could slowly grow on me.

I watched SongLand and the whole season so I saw/heard of Olivia Lane but don’t really remember her.

Probably to no surprise but “Dancing with a Stranger” is my favorite of your Honorable mentions list. Love that one and glad you gave it a mention. :wub:

50. Wild - Emily Ann Roberts

IPB Image

Emily Ann Roberts is a female country singer who came in second place on season 9 of The Voice. It took her awhile to release music but I think it was worth the wait. I really like a lot of the songs that are on this EP. My favorite song of hers is Stuck on Me + You but that was released in 2018 so it won't make this rankdown. I think Wild is a fun song though so it earned the #50 spot on my rankings.

https://open.spotify.com/track/73OjRpxtcLUf...ySgGLNLExkQF7Lw

49. The Other Side - Lauren Alaina

IPB Image

Lauren Alaina got 2 place on American Idol season 10. She also just made the finals on Dancing With The Stars I don't watch Idol or DWTS so I didn't know her from that but I have seen her in concert before and she was really good so I started listening to her music afterwards. The Other Side is her latest recent and is certainly a decent enough song, she has other songs that I listen to more and prefer but I like this well enough.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4QpTG5bffatm...RQQK2OHP5KSxsIg

48. Memories - Maroon 5

IPB Image

Unless you count Kelsea Ballerini as a Voice Coach which I don't really do so Adam is the only voice coach to make the top 50, better luck next time Blake. :giggle: I think Memories are a cool song and I do enjoy listening to it. Adam gets a lot of hate for his time being a Voice coach but I never really disliked him. If it wasn't for him we would have never gotten that iconic Robe moment so thank you for that Adam :giggle:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2b8fOow8UzyD...oSpe88RFmc_Kp5w

47. Club - Kelsea Ballerini

IPB Image

Kelsea is one of my all time favorite singers I just ❤️ her so much! I am really excited for her album that is coming out next year so expect a lot of Kelsea in my top songs in 2020! That being said when I first listened to Club I didn't really like it. But after listening to it more and more it definitely grew on me and now I like it. It won't ever be a favorite of mine from her but it's on the play list now and I listen to and like it now at least.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5GQSXvOHP28X...VQE-8kXQDpRgReg

46. Love Me & Let Me Go - Ashley Tisdale

IPB Image

Growing up I had a huge crush on Ashley Tisdale she was one of my top celebrity crushes. I have listened to her album in it's entirity several times and this was my favorite song of hers from the album. She is one of the several female artists that does both acting and singing and I think she does both fairly well. It had been awhile since she had released anything and I was exciting for this album when it came out and it didn't disappoint.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0MynHglmFbEtxKLovTg5yW

[b]46. Love Me & Let Me Go - Ashley Tisdale[/b]
[b]47. Club - Kelsea Ballerini[/b]
[b]48. Memories- Maroon 5[/b]
[b]49. The Other Side - Lauren Alaina[/b]
[b]50. Wild - Emily Ann Roberts[/b]

Edited by QueenKalie