Requests and Suggestions for Forum Upgrades:

Rate this topic

That would be great!

:lol: I'm probably asking for way too much stuff that isn't available on invision.

found these, not sure if this will happen here https://invisioncommunity.com/features/

Highlight Valuable Replies :w00t:

Don't let great replies containing valuable information get lost among the noise. Add a Recommended flag and they'll be brought to the top of the page for greater visibility.

Tags

Users can tag content across the community for better organization. Allow free-form tagging, or restrict to pre-defined tags to keep content easy to find later.

Mentions :w00t:

Mention other users simply by typing @name. Invision Community will notify the mentioned user, if they have opted in to notifications.

Automatic Rich Embedding :spaz:

Invision Community supports rich embedding from a wide range of sites, from YouTube and Vimeo to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Paste a link to an image, and it'll instantly appear in the editor.

ReCaptcha Updated YAY!!! no more spambots

Invision Community also supports Google's new Invisible Recaptcha, checking user registrations for signs of being a bot - without requiring users to complete difficult Captcha images.

IPS Spam Defense Service

Included with all plans is the IPS Spam Defense Service, which works in the background to pre-screen all new members visiting your site. Using heuristics to determine whether a user is a known spammer, it returns a confidence rating. You decide how to handle likely spammers, be it requiring approval of their content or rejecting the registration.

One-Click Cleanup

If spam does make it into your community, it's easy to clean up - simply flag the responsible user as a spammer, and they'll be banned and all content removed with one click

I just want an easy way to share YouTube videos... It's 2019 almost 2020 peeps! :ermm:

:teehee: :" border="0" alt="blushing.gif" />

I wonder if the previous way will remain with the html thing, [you][/know] ?

:sorcerer:

• 1 month later...

It would be good to have "New Threads" listed somewhere prominent. Just would be a nice feature & cool way visitors can be aware of them, quickly.  Some, for example, somewhere in Entertainment people would know about them sooner than, maybe discovering them by accident, who knows when.  Obviously, they would not stay listed there forever, a month, 2 weeks, maybe... Clicking on a listing would take one to that thread.  This would help new threads be noticed and used.

Anyway, maybe y'all will agree, it's a brilliant idea/suggestion.

Cheers,
Drew

6 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

Can specific post URLs, still, be grabbed somehow, somewhere? Used to > top-right corner of a post, Rt Clk & grab its, individual, URL (link).

Just click the part that says "Posted 6 hours ago" and it will take you to that direct post, where you can copy the URL. Or the share icon at the top right of the post (looks similar to a < symbol) will let you copy the link without going to the post itself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

People grow accustom to the familiar, or may visit without looking around at much besides their usual stomping grounds.  Ergo, they miss, not notice a new thread and that thread may be of interest to them.  With the above in mind, there should be a "What's New" (or better name) section.  Would be very cool to bring people's attention to exciting additions to our Forum.  They might participate in a recently introduced thread sooner if they were aware of it sooner because any with listed together.  It would be very cool & add a neat dynamic to the Forum letting Folks know about developments as they happen... instead of sometime, maybe.  Or go with the obvious and call it, the section, "New Threads" 🤣

Anyway, there, that's my (good) suggestion.  Nothing wrong with making the place even better than it already is, eh?

Understand, it is not new, actual, threads all grouped together.  It is a list, a mention of them or any; a person, still, goes to the, actual, fitting, location.  That doesn't change, of course.

Sure wouldn't be the 1st site with a What's New section... Hey, I never said it was a novel idea 😊 or even an original one 😂

Cheers,
Drew

Edited by Drew1903

^ You can see  new unread content by clicking on the link near the top right of the forum 'Unread Content"

https://idolforums.com/discover/unread/

there is no need to make threads that say there are threads to go look at, the forum is not that large and generally people browse what they are interested in

if you are concerned about activity on your threads, put a small link in your signature to your threads if you want :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

I wonder if it's possible to increase the limit in our inboxes. With the format of the new forum, our sent messages are all saved by default and the only way to delete them is to delete an entire conversation, so I've noticed my inbox is filling up with messages far quicker than it used to. It's especially frustrating when you're in multiple rankdowns at once. :haha: 

• 8 months later...
18 hours ago, SNI2 said:

Hey, is it possible to consider a Dark Theme option for the forum? My eyes hurt a little when I use it at night. It's all to white. I did the brightness ajustments on my screens, etc, but still... 

I'm not sure if it is an option or not (hopefully @Tom can let us know), but I like this idea as well. :yes: I always use the dark mode on my phone at night. 

Bring back the Shameless Self-Promotion forum or at least a (bleep) advertising section. I understand there has been an issue with spammers and I’m not one of them.

I will definitely (bleep) appreciate it. I recently retired as a webmaster after 21 years.

Edited by avafrankie

On 11/27/2020 at 11:12 AM, avafrankie said:

Bring back the Shameless Self-Promotion forum or at least a (bleep) advertising section. I understand there has been an issue with spammers and I’m not one of them.

I will definitely (bleep) appreciate it. I recently retired as a webmaster after 21 years.

unfortunately you are one of the spammers, advertising your site in random threads, status updates etc, some of your content has been removed

On 11/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, SNI2 said:

Hey, is it possible to consider a Dark Theme option for the forum? My eyes hurt a little when I use it at night. It's all to white. I did the brightness ajustments on my screens, etc, but still... 

Just installed what I think was the best dark theme available. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, expand the "Theme" menu and select Bravo 6.

It seems to work fine for me, but if you (or anyone else) notices issues using it, please let me know.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Just installed what I think was the best dark theme available. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, expand the "Theme" menu and select Bravo 6.

It seems to work fine for me, but if you (or anyone else) notices issues using it, please let me know.

I can't find where to switch it, I don't see a theme menu thing 

edit: tried clearing cookies and still don't see it, I use chrome though

38 minutes ago, istersay said:

I can't find where to switch it, I don't see a theme menu thing 

edit: tried clearing cookies and still don't see it, I use chrome though

Yes, I don't think its showing up for me also. 

• Like 1