***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

This link has a couple clips of two different songs at the tree lighting. Chevel is clearly a pro. As you’ll see in the link, the President and First Lady we’re there too, behind a plexiglass cage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5uwvWcH5u2/?igshid=bwfnb8w60c6i

Pity they forgot or lost their drum kit 🥁

Absolutely, Chevel is a seasoned pro. Oh yeah, forgot she's a neophyte ;); though, one would sure never know it. Holy Christmas Tree 🎄 and she sure does (always) sound SO wonderful❗ I found myself, again, remembering her age & how long she's been at this... wow, it's she's impressive❗

This is the whole National Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. It's just over 30 mins. Clk it for the video.

IPB Image

That’s the one at the Capitol. The National Christmas Tree lighting is the one at the White House...the one that’s on TV tonight. The clips I posted are from that. I got confused by it too the other day.

Edited by TeamAudra

That’s the one at the Capitol. The National Christmas Tree lighting is the one at the White House...the one that’s on TV tonight. The clips I posted are from that. I got confused by it too the other day.

Well, Chevel sounded so damn good made me tear-up 😢 (hate to admit that) What a magnificent voice❗ And should mention, a cappella, to boot❗ OMG WOW❗

And I changed it from National to Capitol.

Edited by Drew1903

• 2 weeks later...

IPB Image

And here it is as as a photo per se. If you are impressed with the photography feel free to grab it from here for yourself. I used to do free-lance photography. Some shots I see are terrific work, conceptually, including this, IMO.

IPB Image

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s the “Be Cowboy” video for PBR, except I don’t know if it’s the official video, or whether Chevel even knows about it. It’s on a page called “New Mexico Music Company,” and I don’t think she’s mentioned it on her social media. She’s performing at a PBR event on Sunday. 

Also...she recently got braces, and the orthodontist has been using her in their marketing. 

This may seem like a minor thing on the surface, but here we have a woman who hadn’t been to a concert in 48 years (and it was Elvis, of all people)...yet she showed up for Chevel. Pretty cool! That must make Chevel feel good.  She had her deal at AT&T stadium last night, and a couple other shows on the side. Now, she’s in Nashville...hopefully working on getting that album released. 

R6s8eds.jpg

Chevel reposted this on her Instagram story a few days ago. Apparently she spent 5 days in L.A. as a cast member for an "industry pitch" for the musical Hair. From the comments in the post it sounds like it was a pitch for a film version. Kenny Ortega is in charge of the project. He directed all the High School Musical and Descendants movies. He also directed and produced "This Is It", the Michael Jackson documentary. Five days seems like a very short period to pull together something like this, but I'm sure Chevel's time on The Voice helped her to be able to learn songs and put together performances quickly.

11 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Chevel reposted this on her Instagram story a few days ago. Apparently she spent 5 days in L.A. as a cast member for an "industry pitch" for the musical Hair. From the comments in the post it sounds like it was a pitch for a film version. Kenny Ortega is in charge of the project. He directed all the High School Musical and Descendants movies. He also directed and produced "This Is It", the Michael Jackson documentary. Five days seems like a very short period to pull together something like this, but I'm sure Chevel's time on The Voice helped her to be able to learn songs and put together performances quickly.

Wow, she has a knack for finding opportunities in totally unexpected places. That’s why despite the difficulties for women in country music, she shouldn’t be underestimated. Diversifying is very smart. Thanks for posting. 

Edited by TeamAudra

17 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s a link to a video of her performance of “Be Cowboy” at AT&T stadium. Needless to say, she killed it. 

This ^ link did not work (for me), unfortunately.  But, I found this along the way...

This obviously is a sound check.  I'm going to suggest this is a 'Chevel song'.  Damn, she sounds SO good, SO strong.  She has the stage presence thing down, now, too.  Look how long her hair is 👍👍

She sure is one very special bundle of talent❗

• Thanks 1

^

That’s not a soundcheck. You can clearly see the people in the stands part of the way through the video. That stadium holds 80,000 people. It’s where the Dallas Cowboys play. The PBR tour obviously doesn’t fill it. I’ll guess there were about 30,000, and they’re all on side of the stadium. She performed 4 songs during the intermission. 3 of the songs will be on her album, according to Sheila Mobley, who somehow seems to be back in the fold. Good find, though. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, Drew1903 said:

This obviously is a sound check.  I'm going to suggest this is a 'Chevel song'.  Damn, she sounds SO good, SO strong.  She has the stage presence thing down, now, too.  Look how long her hair is 👍👍

She sure is one very special bundle of talent❗

That video looks filmed from the perspective of one of the bulls at the PBR 😂. Jk

I like that song a lot! If that's an original song, that's a hit song for me. Country pop-rock? Give me more Chevel! :music:

46 minutes ago, echoap said:

That video looks filmed from the perspective of one of the bulls at the PBR 😂. Jk

I like that song a lot! If that's an original song, that's a hit song for me. Country pop-rock? Give me more Chevel! :music:

Yeah, that song is pretty decent, and she executed it flawlessly. Pretty sure that’s an original. Country rock or country pop rock seems to be her sweet spot, based on everything we’ve heard from her over the last couple years. She does sass very well, and has a big enough voice to pull it off. She grew up listening to a lot of classic rock with her dad, and it shows. She could pull that off too, if she wanted to. I know she had talked about doing a “classic country” album, similar to Loretta Lynn, but from a marketability standpoint, that path isn’t very realistic, when she’s trying to break into the industry. The Kacey Musgraves lane also works for Chevel...her cover of Rainbow is fantastic. I also hear a lot of Carrie (her favorite singer growing up) influences, especially in “Be Cowboy.”  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1