S17 Social Media Stats

TeamAudra

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with ya'll. When she starts yelling, it makes me think of Jack Black in Tenacious D.

aretha, elton, joplin, gaga, black - RANGE! :wub:

back to SM stats:

youtube-

katie

alex/duran/hello sunday/kat/marybeth/max/rose/will

cali/damali/gracee/haldenvang/hoot/joana/khalea/kyndal/myracle

braddy/shane

facebook-

katie

duran/hoot/marybeth

alex/cali/haldenvang/hello sunday/kat/max/will

braddy/damali/joana/gracee/khalea/kyndal/myracle/rose/shane

instagram-

katie

alex/marybeth

haldenvang/max/rose/will

hello sunday/khalea

braddy/cali/damali/duran/gracee/hoot/joana/kat/kyndal/myracle/shane

twitter-

will

katie/max/rose

alex/duran/hello sunday/gracee/hoot/joana/kat/kyndal/marybeth/myracle/valdenhang

braddy/cali/damali/khalea/shane

Edited by holinessss

I don't even get why. She has her best team in all four of her seasons, and only Rose and possibly Kyndal seem to be resonating with the viewers? WTF?! :wacko:

I wouldn't even say Kyndal tbh. Jake + Joana have seem to be doing better than her on SM, and that's not saying much for the most part.

Kyndal does a good job with her social media but yeah it just seems like the fans dont care about Gwen the same way they do about the other coaches.

The main problem with The Voice: the coaches have way too much impact on the fate of the contestants. A built-in advantage if said coaches have a huge Voice following, a handicap if they don't. And Gwen belongs to the latter.

Some conclusions I'm drawing - correct me if there's something really wrong/off here?

Blake:

-Kat Hammock seems to be a lock, with Ricky Duran also very likely taking another PV.

-Blake's bottom 2 is definitely Cali Wilson and Ricky Braddy

-There's a good chance Cali Wilson was last and her only shot is at Blake's save (which... isn't unlikely if Kat/Ricky D got the top 2).

Gwen:

-Team Gwen sucks social media-wise

-Rose is probably the one performing the strongest overall online?

-Honestly it's a 5-way tie for me. I don't want to make any assumptions here.

Kelly:

-Max is a lock.

-Hoot and Hello Sunday are 2 and 3, and it can go either way for the second PV. The other should be the coach save.

-Damali and Shane are the bottom 2.

John:

-Katie's a lock

-Will/Marybeth/Alex are in a fight for 2/3/4 since it's so even

-Khalea's in last, and her only shot is if John shows her mercy with a coach save

Some conclusions I'm drawing - correct me if there's something really wrong/off here?

Blake:

-Kat Hammock seems to be a lock, with Ricky Duran also very likely taking another PV.

-There's a good chance Cali Wilson was last and her only shot is at Blake's save (which... isn't unlikely if Kat/Ricky D got the top 2).

Gwen:

Kelly:

-Max is a lock.

-Hoot and Hello Sunday are 2 and 3, and it can go either way for the second PV. The other should be the coach save.

John:

-Katie's a lock

-Khalea's in last, and her only shot is if John shows her mercy with a coach save

Everything checks out social media wise but I’m not getting my hopes up on Kat and I wouldn’t get my hopes up on Max if I was rooting for him either, all the teams are pretty even with Katie just way out there she’d be the only lock for me

I tend to trust Facebook the most, but I’m only comfortable saying Katie and Jake are locks for PV, and Cali is a lock for needed a coach save. There are some that are more likely to get in based on the data, but there’s too much margin for error at this point. Casual voters don’t always show up in these stats.

Which social media metrics align more with votes? We can compare the top 2 for each team tonight with these SM top 2 --

GOOGLE TRENDS

BLAKE - Kat / Ricky Braddy

GWEN - Kyndal / Jake

JOHN - Katie / Will

KELLY - Max / Hello Sunday

FB LIKES

BLAKE - Ricky Duran / Kat or Gracee

GWEN - Jake / Rose

JOHN - Katie / Marybeth

KELLY - Jake / Hello Sunday

INSTAGRAM

BLAKE - Ricky Duran / Gracee

GWEN - Rose / Jake

JOHN - Katie / Alex

YT LIKES

BLAKE - Kat / Ricky Duran

GWEN - Rose / Joana

JOHN - Katie / Alex

TWITTER RT+LIKES

GWEN - Rose / Kyndal

JOHN - Will / Katie

KELLY - Max / Jake Hoot

COMBINED [G FB IG YT T]

GWEN - Rose / Jake

JOHN - Katie / Will or Alex

Team Gwen really flopping with SM this season yikes.

Okay. I'll bite ...

TG

YT - Rose (8th/20), JHV (13th/20), Joana (15th/20), Kyndal (17th/20), Myracle (18th/20)

FB - JHV (7th/20), Joana (14th/20), Kyndal (17th/20), Myracle (18th/20), Rose (19th/20)

IG - JHV (4th/20), Rose (6th/20), Joana (16th/20), Kyndal (18th/20), Myracle (19th/20)

TW - Rose (4th/20), Joana (10th/20), Kyndal (12th/20), Myracle (14th), JHV (15th/20)

Take a look at that for a moment ... what do you see? I see Rose's and Jake's fans hustling to save them because they're worried, and everyone else's fans looking complacent by comparison. You could apply this to other areas of the "rough" SM rankings above. Example: See where Cali ranks.

For SM stats more reflective of "this season" (pre-lives), and not just the past 18-20 hrs:

https://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=740850

Summary (based on pre-lives SM stats)

TB - Gracee and Ricky D are tops at this stage. Weakest: A toss-up between Kat and Ricky B. TG: Myracle and Kyndal lead the pack. Myracle leads the entire Top 20 on FB. Weakest: Joana. TK: The Hoot and The Max lead comfortably. Weakest: Damali. TL: Katie and Alex, with Khalea a close 3rd. Katie tops the Top 20 on IG, by some distance. Ony Alex is close to Myracle on FB, and both are far ahead of the pack. Weakest: Unfortunately, Will. Overall, TL boast the strongest social numbers at this stage, TK the weakest, and TG just edge TB in the middle, but TB are the strongest on Twitter (maybe they didn't get the memo on the death of the Twitter save :D ).

Anyway, good luck to all your favs, and try to enjoy the results show! :'(

Which social media metrics align more with votes? We can compare the top 2 for each team tonight with these SM top 2 --

GOOGLE TRENDS

GWEN - Kyndal / Jake

JOHN - Katie / Will

FB LIKES

GWEN - Jake / Rose

JOHN - Katie / Marybeth

INSTAGRAM

GWEN - Rose / Jake

JOHN - Katie / Alex

YT LIKES

GWEN - Rose / Joana

JOHN - Katie / Alex

TWITTER RT+LIKES

GWEN - Rose / Kyndal

JOHN - Will / Katie

KELLY - Max / Jake Hoot

COMBINED [G FB IG YT T]

GWEN - Rose / Jake

Looking off of this, YT Likes and FB Likes gave us 6/8 of what happened (Facebook didn't have Joana or Max, YT didn't have Jake or Marybetg)

Looking off of this, YT Likes and FB Likes gave us 6/8 of what happened (Facebook didn't have Joana or Max, YT didn't have Jake or Marybetg)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought FB was Minivan's territory. So Max and Joana are getting support from somewhere else, obviously.

GOOGLE TRENDS

GWEN - Kyndal / Jake

JOHN - Katie / Will

FB LIKES

GWEN - Jake / Rose

JOHN - Katie / Marybeth

INSTAGRAM

GWEN - Rose / Jake

JOHN - Katie / Alex

YT LIKES

GWEN - Rose / Joana

JOHN - Katie / Alex

TWITTER RT+LIKES

GWEN - Rose / Kyndal

JOHN - Will / Katie

KELLY - Max / Jake Hoot

COMBINED [G FB IG YT T]

GWEN - Rose / Jake

THE SCORECARD

1. YT LIKES: 6/8 = 75%

1. FB LIKES: 6/8 = 75%

3. TWITTER RT+LIKES: 5/8 = 62.5%

3. COMBINED: 5/8 = 62.5%

5. INSTAGRAM: 4/8 = 50%

6. GOOGLE TRENDS: 3/8 = 37.5%

Blake:

Gwen:

Kelly:

-Max is a lock.

John:

-Katie's a lock

Everything you said checked out :thumbs:

Edited by Agenator333

THE SCORECARD

1. YT LIKES: 6/8 = 75%

1. FB LIKES: 6/8 = 75%

3. TWITTER RT+LIKES: 5/8 = 62.5%

3. COMBINED: 5/8 = 62.5%

5. INSTAGRAM: 4/8 = 50%

6. GOOGLE TRENDS: 3/8 = 37.5%

Except for the YT likes, that’s about what I expected. FB won’t give the exact order all of the time (especially this early), but it often helps to identify who’s resonating the most with the audience, and who isn’t. And we can’t just look at views, or likes. Everything needs to be considered. It was obvious from the view/like ratio that Jake and Katie were in and Cali and Kyndal didn’t get the votes. The rest wasn’t nearly as clear. As we get deeper into the season, it should be more reliable.

Except for the YT likes, that’s about what I expected. FB won’t give the exact order all of the time (especially this early), but it often helps to identify who’s resonating the most with the audience, and who isn’t. And we can’t just look at views, or likes. Everything needs to be considered. It was obvious from the view/like ratio that Jake and Katie were in and Cali and Kyndal didn’t get the votes. The rest wasn’t nearly as clear. As we get deeper into the season, it should be more reliable.

The reason why I ignore views and just stick to likes is because people can spam views while likes take extra effort (and 1 like = 1 user) which MAY correlate with the little bit of effort to actually vote. :flowers:

The reason why I ignore views and just stick to likes is because people can spam views while likes take extra effort (and 1 like = 1 user) which MAY correlate with the little bit of effort to actually vote. :flowers:

Someone from the AI forum said they consider “shares” too. It’s a step above and beyond “likes” to share a video with your followers. Maybe I’ll look at that next week.

Someone from the AI forum said they consider “shares” too. It’s a step above and beyond “likes” to share a video with your followers. Maybe I’ll look at that next week.

Yes, shares would be helpful. Someone who shares would also "borrow" friends' emails to vote. :icecream: