Alex Watched The Challenge

Alex95

Gauntlet III is the beginning of a major downfall/decline in the show quality. For very obvious reasons. When you finish the season Alex, I will give you a lot of behind the scenes information that you should definitely know about the filming of this season.

Also - I realized that you started your watching of The Challenge with the original Battle of the Sexes. The previous season, Battle of the Seasons, is really the birth of The Challenge as we know it (eliminations, inner circle, etc.). I really think you should give this iconic season a watch if you can!

Gauntlet III is the beginning of a major downfall/decline in the show quality. For very obvious reasons. When you finish the season Alex, I will give you a lot of behind the scenes information that you should definitely know about the filming of this season.

Theres a bunch of post Gauntlet 3 seasons that I love. So keep going Alex!

Theres a bunch of post Gauntlet 3 seasons that I love. So keep going Alex!

I want him to continue, but just to watch that one if it's available somewhere to watch. Iconic season where some of the main faces of The Challenge debuted, and is the first season of the series to eliminate contestants and introduce the inner circle concept.

Also - I realized that you started your watching of The Challenge with the original Battle of the Sexes. The previous season, Battle of the Seasons, is really the birth of The Challenge as we know it (eliminations, inner circle, etc.). I really think you should give this iconic season a watch if you can!

Yeah I haven’t been feeling this season yet and it’s been a chore to get through. So much toxic bts info each season it feels like, a BB tea :giggle:

I skipped that originally cause I couldn’t find all the episodes, but I’ve been watching off a google drive lately with all the episodes of that season so I should do that next!

Yeah I haven’t been feeling this season yet and it’s been a chore to get through. So much toxic bts info each season it feels like, a BB tea :giggle:

I skipped that originally cause I couldn’t find all the episodes, but I’ve been watching off a google drive lately with all the episodes of that season so I should do that next!

Definitely feels like Big Brother. I will say that most of the toxic behind-the-scenes stuff really starts with this season. A lot of horrible sh*t happens from here forward, because of both cast and production.

Yay! You definitely should! There are so many iconic moments it's ridiculous. Mike and Coral debut on this season, along with many other notable alums.

IPB Image

My favorite quit and I couldn't be more overjoyed somehow :wub::wub: . Coral's final petty act being to screw over the majority alliance since Katie has immunity and they'll have to vote one of their girls in :wub::wub::wub: . Evan can miss me what that "Coral's not a team player" bullsh*t, he's just mad she still hasn't been eliminated from The Challenge :wub::wub::wub:

IPB Image

My favorite quit and I couldn't be more overjoyed somehow :wub::wub: . Coral's final petty act being to screw over the majority alliance since Katie has immunity and they'll have to vote one of their girls in :wub::wub::wub: . Evan can miss me what that "Coral's not a team player" bullsh*t, he's just mad she still hasn't been eliminated from The Challenge :wub::wub::wub:

One of my favorite Challenge moments ever.

Some behind the scenes tea that does not contain spoilers:

- Coral and Beth negotiated Coral’s elimination win so that she could stay longer and potentially get back at the team/spite them.

- Coral, Katie, and Beth had security sleeping outside of their portion of the house due to all the conflict, particularly with the very drugged-up CT.

It's mind-boggling how entitled the Evan alliance is over Coral quitting and "screwing her whole team over" when they were going so far out of their way to screw specifically her over. All of them mourning Casey as if Coral isn't 100x stronger is a joke. So relieved Casey won't have a cent of that prize money, and I hope Katie can beat Ev/Diem/Robin/Paula next episode so they can't have a cent of it either.

And then after that I want Katie to throw the final so the Vets all lose :wub::wub::wub:

IPB Image

Frank randomly instigating this :wub::wub: I f*cking hate Adam so I'm here for this.

Same. Adam is another cast member that sexually assaulted another woman on this show. He is a disgusting prick as well. :)

Frank + Jillian are really the only reasons to even stomach this season.

IPB Image

So Coral & Katie were issues, but none of the guys were, huh? :) :)

I was patiently waiting for you to make it to the most controversial finale in the series' history. LOL.

Coral outperformed most of the women on her team during every daily that season. The men just wanted an excuse to act like pigs and hoard money for themselves. Katie did well all season long too from what I remember.

IPB Image

This trash ass season. Yes the last 20 minutes were a godsend. Yes it was nice to see Coral & Katie back in top form. But everything else I had to sit through for that joy? Waste of motherf*cking time. The vets team was the worst group of people I have ever seen on a challenge. And I can't deny they were good. They legit only lost one challenge fair and square, and it was rigged as hell against them where it was impossible to lose with less team members (maybe they lost the last one before the final too, but there seemed to be some ambiguity as to whether or not they did throw it to get rid of Danny). A bunch of vile sexist pigs there. And the rookie team was unfortunately underedited and underdeveloped that it was hard for me to care about them. I was definitely rooting against the vets as opposed to rooting for the rookies.

Season Ranking:
The Inferno
The Inferno III
The Gauntlet
The Duel
The Gauntlet II
Battle of the Sexes
Fresh Meat
The Inferno II
Battle of the Sexes II
The Gauntlet III

As I said, Vets were trash, hate most of their guts. These angels were the saving grace:
IPB Image
1. Coral - Coral's been the HBIC of this show for years, so I kinda loved seeing her in the underdog role. She was fighting tooth and nail to stay alive, until she realized her life was too good for it and there was no point so she righteously f*cked Casey over :wub:. I still can't fathom how Coral, a legend, got so disrespected like this. Why were they so desperate to get rid of a woman who make three straight finals and probably would've won Fresh Meat if not for an injury?? Casey Cooper was apparently difficult to send in but Coral is easy?? Not buying it.
2. Katie - Her best season in ages. Katie also stood up for all that was good in the world and put those ugly ass vet flops in their place on a constant season.
3. Beth - Despite being such a dramatic season, this was possibly her quietest yet? She reluctantly formed a coalition with Coral and she got dumped by Nehemiah. Her troll ass confessionals always make me laugh though. She's still a star.
4. Johnny - Oops, yeah, what about it? :*. I'm not a fan and I don't like him in general, but he was barely around and he #dragged CT and called out the Vets for their stupidity in wanting Eric in the final. So yeah, I liked him this time around.
5. Eric - He lowkey had Katie's back in the end and he single-handedly robbed all of those motherf*ckers of 30 grand. So thank you, Eric.
6. Brad - Not as bad as the others? I mean he still went along with the bullsh*t, but he was also nice to Eric at the finale and he was easily the quietest.
7. Diem - I genuinely forgot she was on the season until I saw her name on the wiki.
8. Paula - Flop.
9. Adam - Whoops didn't mean for him to be this high, but that's how much I hate everyone below him. Hate him too, don't get me wrong! But he impressed me in the elimination against Danny....sorry I'm grasping at straws here.
10. Robin - How?? How is this bigot not lower?? How awful are these people?? She was a mute bore who pathetically went along with the vets. But luckily emphasis on mute. I barely had to see or hear her.
11. Evelyn - Flop ass gender traitor.
13. Danny - I can't stand this douchebag and his downfall was one of the few joys I got out of this season (along with the moment when Johanna dragged him :wub:). At least the other ugly ass cocky guys who were being annoying were legit running things. His arrogance despite the fact that no one took him seriously was infuriating.
13. Casey - Wowwwwww I can't believe I used to like her. Remember when she was a joke in Fresh Meat? Remember when she was a cog in the underdog alliance in The Duel? What happened? Her fiery hatred of Coral from second one was pathetic. Coral literally did nothing and Casey would be rolling her eyes or getting randomly pissed off. I don't know why she thought she was hot sh*t when she's without a doubt one of the worst competitors this show has ever seen.
14. Kenny - If I never have to see Kenny's fake ass unfunny reaction to get a clue from TJ again it would be too soon. Can he get a new shtick that isn't "harr harr I'm hot" ???
15. CT - I was beyond frightened watching him this whole season and the producers should've taken him straight to rehab instead of a challenge house.
16. Evan - My least favorite iteration of any challenge contestant yet. Every quality I hate in a reality star was combined in his performance in this season.

The Rookies...what's there to say? Such flops. I think there could've been an interesting storyline and team there if we let them develop, but we got nothing pretty much. I mean I know Frank and Tori hated each other, but I barely know why.
1. Frank - I'm kind of in love with Frank :wub:. He's totally my type and he was both nice and drama-filled. A rare, but good combination in a straight man on this show.
2. Johanna - She impressed me this season I thought she played a great game. And her fights with Brooke and Danny were both great!
3. Tori - The perfect mix of crazy and strong. Should've been a more developed character.
4. Ryan - Another season of the gay guy surprising everyone by how strong he is even though no one had any legit reason to doubt him.
5. Brooke - Yeah she was super messy and problematic......but I also kinda loved her <3.
6. Nehemiah - Him dumping Beth :broken:. Him standing up for the women of his team <3.
7. Jillian - Redeemed herself from her last season <3. Strong showing in the Gauntlets, I hope her and Frank are still a thing I actually found them cute.
8. Tyler - He's so messy :roll:. He's the new Ace with his floppage at challenges. Him declaring his love for the only other gay guy in the house :wub: :wub:
9. Angel - I thought she was really likable and I wish she lasted longer. Hopefully we see her again.
10. Derek - Randomly bffs with Ryan <3. Random showmance with Paula meh.
11. Tyrie - Once again, I just flatout liked him.
12. Rachel - She won???? Don't even remember her. Oh sh*t she had the meltdown last year when she was eliminated!! Lol, no clue.
13. Alex - He didn't care about this show at all <3. King of seeing a sinking ship early!
14. Zach - Him shaving his head was the best thing he did.
15. Melinda - Girl run far away from Zach!!!
16. MJ - He was supposed to save the Rookies, but then he ended up being the actual worst and refused to engage in any drama or politicking.
17. Janelle - I randomly disliked her? I found her to be lowkey condescending and rude. She has future season ruiner vibes.

The Island is up next.....interesting name. At least it's something new! I think I'll rewind time and check out battle of the seasons though. Edited by bobbobachoo1

Coral and Katie are the two Challenge greats. My absolute favorites. Sadly Alex, this season marks the final appearance of both Coral and Beth. Neither return to the show after the toxicity of this season. The Gauntlet III is a real turning point for the show, and the quality drastically declines for the next few seasons.

The Island is The Challenge at its absolute worst. Incredibly toxic. Incredibly sick and hard to watch. Format is a flop. Contestants act so horribly. This season is the birth of the evil Johnny that we know today. It's incredibly horrible. Just prepare yourself lol.

Season Ranking:

The Inferno

The Inferno III

The Gauntlet

The Duel

The Rookies...what's there to say? Such flops. I think there could've been an interesting storyline and team there if we let them develop, but we got nothing pretty much. I mean I know Frank and Tori hated each other, but I barely know why.

Surprised to see you have ranked The Inferno III this highly! A good season, but imo still weaker than the two legendary seasons you've ranked below it. The Inferno, The Gauntlet, and The Duel are typically regarded as the best seasons of the show (along with one other season that I will point out when the time comes).

Frank and Tori both admitted that editing actually blew their feud out of proportion. LOL. The Rookies really did not deliver all that much of a storyline this season.

11. Evelyn - Flop ass gender traitor.

13. Casey - Wowwwwww I can't believe I used to like her. Remember when she was a joke in Fresh Meat? Remember when she was a cog in the underdog alliance in The Duel? What happened? Her fiery hatred of Coral from second one was pathetic. Coral literally did nothing and Casey would be rolling her eyes or getting randomly pissed off. I don't know why she thought she was hot sh*t when she's without a doubt one of the worst competitors this show has ever seen.

14. Kenny - If I never have to see Kenny's fake ass unfunny reaction to get a clue from TJ again it would be too soon. Can he get a new shtick that isn't "harr harr I'm hot" ???

15. CT - I was beyond frightened watching him this whole season and the producers should've taken him straight to rehab instead of a challenge house.

16. Evan - My least favorite iteration of any challenge contestant yet. Every quality I hate in a reality star was combined in his performance in this season.

Evelyn - Your opinion of her will likely change, but Evelyn is a piece of trash this season. She actually received a ton of horrible death threats, etc. after this season due to her traitorous behavior. The way Coral completely owned her during the reunion and shut her down LOL. Evelyn has gone on record to say that her biggest regret from The Challenge was not defending Katie and sending her into the elimination period. BUT SHE DOES NOT REGRET MISTREATING CORAL.

Casey - The worst.

Kenny & Evan - The two most despicable rapist creatures to ever grace my television screen.

CT - Obviously he has changed for the better, but these years of his on the show are why I can never truly root for him.