The Challenge Casting/Format Spoilers

Alex95

I'm remaking new threads tonight because I'm not doing anything else and if I was a betting man, I'd say we're never getting our old threads back.

The Challenge 35 - Apocalypse

Contestants are rumored to be split up into more than two teams.

Men:

Asaf Goren - So You Think You Can Dance 12, Are You the One? 4, Big Brother VIP 3

Chris "CT" Tamburello - Real World: Paris

Chris "Swaggy C" Williams - Big Brother 20

Cory Wharton - Real World: Ex-Plosion

Faysal "Fessy" Shafaat - Big Brother 20

Jay Starrett - Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X, Ex on the Beach 2 US

Johnny "Bananas" Devenanzio - Real World: Key West

Jordan Wiseley - Real World: Portland

Josh Martinez - Big Brother 19

Kyle Christie - Geordie Shore

Nelson Thomas - Are You the One? 3

Rogan O'Connor - Ex on the Beach 2 UK

Stephen Bear - Shipwrecked: The Island, Ex on the Beach 3 UK, Celebrity Big Brother 18

Wes Bergmann - Real World: Austin

Women:

Aneesa Ferreira - Real World: Chicago

Ashley Mitchell - Real World: Ex-Plosion

Bayleigh Dayton - Big Brother 20

Dee Nguyen - Geordie Shore

Jenna Compono - Real World: Ex-Plosion

Jennifer Lee - The Amazing Race 29

Jennifer "Jenny" West - Survival of the Fittest

Kailah Casillas - Real World: Go Big or Go Home

Kaycee Clark - Big Brother 20

Mattie Lynn Breaux - Party Down South

Melissa Reeves - Ex on the Beach 2 UK

Nany Gonzalez - Real World: Las Vegas

Tori Deal - Are You the One? 4

Tula "Big T" Fazakerley - Shipwrecked: Battle of the Islands

Edited by bobbobachoo1

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently TAR Kayla and mystery Australian guy aren't on so we have the full cast of men and women. It's also apparently called Battle for Independence now lol. I'm gonna try to do a brief cast assessment while I can't sleep. I'll do power rankings and predictions closer to the actual season airing because hopefully I'll have more seasons under my sleeve and I'll know who, like, Nelson or Melissa is lol.

Asaf - Hot as hell and seems lowkey messy doing a trillion reality shows. Should be strong with his dance background, but that doesn't make him a beast like some others.

CT - At this current moment in time I'm watching Old!CT bullying Coral, and New!CT who is everyone's papa bear so I'm experiencing major whiplash. I really don't think I need to see him again, but at least he's not trash in 2019 and that's more than a lot of male reality stars can say :).

Swaggy C - I think The Challenge is a good environment for Swaggy. He's undeservedly cocky and immature which is pretty par for the course for your average Challenge male. I could see him being an early boot again. I still have not so great feelings of him based on that whole charity basketball game mess and some of the sh*t he said about Bayleigh behind her back during the early days of BB20.

Cory - Some pictures I think he's hot and others I think he's not. I'm reading his EOTB profile (trying to stay away from Challenge spoilers) and he lowkey seems like a mess <3.

Fessy - I really do love that big dumb idiot Fessy <3. I mean his BB20 gameplay was absolutely atrocious, but luckily this is a completely different game. I could totally see Wes using him as his Hunter. Give Fessy anything but a puzzle and I'm confident he'll dominate.

Jay - He's scrappy and he'll bring the drama for the guys I'm sure. His childlike antics will surely wear thin on this cast unlike the Millennials. On paper, he looks like physically the weakest guy though so I'm worried. Hopefully his Survivor bff Cole Medders trained him well.

Bananas - He's only been an early boot since I've started watching this show so hopefully my luck continues.

Jordan - Seemingly the epitome of situationally good. There's no CM or Paulie for him to #drag though so he'll probably hate on like Big T or something and I'll properly hate him.

Josh - If Josh can't make the finals this season with all his WOTW2 and BB friends protecting him, he has no hope.

Kyle - 2 for 2 on liking him I think!

Nelson - Hot in all pictures.

Rogan - He's nosedived so hard for me this past month and I can't believe he's one of my least favorites in this cast, if not my least favorite.

Bear - Idk if the lack of Brits will be good or bad for him. I lean towards another early exit from him, but I'm sure he'll get in a fight with Wes before he goes. I could picture him and Jordan loathing each other, even though I think they bonded last season, so that could be a fun rivalry.

Wes - Writing about all these guys I'm noticing how little I care about any of them whoops. I guess I'll root for Wes?

Aneesa - After The Duel, I'm fully here for more Aneesa in my life unless she does something between then and now where I turn on her

Ashley - Legend :wub: I haven't even seen her at her best but I just know I'll stan. Literally her entire alliance from WOTW2 is missing so I'm worried, but CM hated her guts in WOTW1 and now they're bffs so I trust Ashley's political game well enough to slither into the majority alliance. I know she's a BB fan so hopefully she can latch onto those girls.

Bayleigh - Like her husband, will never be fully There with her. Some of her comments about Muslims on the live feeds were so Yikes. She's raw, she's real, and she's an entertainer though that's for sure.

Dee - Now that I think she's respected as a competitor she'll have a tough road ahead of her I fear. If she can pull off another good run though, she's gonna have a more impressive 3-season run than Paulie thinks he has.

Jenna - I literally have nothing to say about her except the fact that I trust her to protect Nany. So minor positive.

Jennifer - Still loling @ this casting choice. She's gorgeous and she truly was fun, albeit underedited, in her single episode of TAR. I can't imagine her entering with an allies and as a rookie...could be like Big T or Sean.

Jenny - I liked her towards the end of the season when they actually showed her. Now that she doesn't have the rookie curse on her I think she'll be a huge threat to win.

Kailah - Still shook that her name is pronounced like Kayla, I had no idea what to call her for the longest time.

Kaycee - The dark horse to win. A physical and social queen on BB20, she could kick any of these women's asses. Unfortunately will probably be just as boring.

Mattie - Hoping for the best for her. She was just super likable her first time around and I enjoyed hearing about her growth. I was sad to hear about her DUI during WOTW2 but I believe she's sober now and I hope she can have a nice redemption story.

Melissa - Apparently she's Rogan's ass, I hope she hates him and slays him. But I know everyone in the UK reality circuit has fake dated each other and remains friends.

Nany - Messy underdog queen <3. WOTW2 solidified my love for her, she is a damn near perfect reality show contestant, flaws and all.

Tori - Another queen :wub:. She is just naturally likable and a great competitor so hopefully we have her for the long haul.

Big T - My girl :wub::wub: . I will be obnoxiously stanning her for however long she lasts. I'm ridiculously hipster about her for torturing myself with Shipwrecked and I'm overjoyed to see the star of the show randomly get a second season of The Challenge. I really hope her impressive elimination against Georgia is a sign of things to come and she could do really well this season.

Aneesa and/or Melissa FTW. I also love Dee and Mattie. <3

F*ck every guy besides Wes and CT. Though I've grown very tired of CT over the years. I literally do not like any of them. Though I cannot comment on Fessy, Swaggy, or Jay because I did not watch their respective debut seasons.

• 7 months later...

Looks like S36 is in the process of casting

https://vevmo.com/forums/challenge-season-36-early-speculation

Aneesa, Ashley, Jenny, Kam, Nany, Ninja, Sylvia, and Tori likely on for the girls. Cory, Fessy, Jay, Leroy, Nelson, and Wes likely on for the guys. Ninja is the only one I actively don't like (and idk Sylvia) so I'm pretty happy with this news so far :yes:

A bunch of names under maybe and won't be on you can see there. Most interesting are the potential Big Brother debuts that got calls (and by interesting I mean not interesting in the slightest). Analyse, Kat, Nick and Tommy from BB21. Who the hell wants to see any of them on reality television again?! (Okay I'll give them Kat, but the other three..............). Hopefully they don't actually cast any of them.

24 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Looks like S36 is in the process of casting

https://vevmo.com/forums/challenge-season-36-early-speculation

Aneesa, Ashley, Jenny, Kam, Nany, Ninja, Sylvia, and Tori likely on for the girls. Cory, Fessy, Jay, Leroy, Nelson, and Wes likely on for the guys. Ninja is the only one I actively don't like (and idk Sylvia) so I'm pretty happy with this news so far :yes:

A bunch of names under maybe and won't be on you can see there. Most interesting are the potential Big Brother debuts that got calls (and by interesting I mean not interesting in the slightest). Analyse, Kat, Nick and Tommy from BB21. Who the hell wants to see any of them on reality television again?! (Okay I'll give them Kat, but the other three..............). Hopefully they don't actually cast any of them.

Kat on the challenge would be kinda funny but yeah the others are easy passes lol.

8 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Lolo Jones was such a hot mess on The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros. Most fans were requesting that she did an actual season, so this will be very exciting!

Yeah that's part of the reason I was rooting for her on CBB because she was such good tv on the challenge.

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah that's part of the reason I was rooting for her on CBB because she was such good tv on the challenge.

Her and Louise Hazel both deserved to be casted immediately after how good they were on the spin-off.

Just now, Alex95 said:

How does a casting producer pick both Lolo Jones and then Analyse from BB21?? Make it make sense.

They ran out of money casting Lolo so they had to get someone for next to nothing? I imagine that's why Jen from Tar was cast and the girl from the bachelor Canada etc.

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah Louise was also great would love to see her on a real season as well.

Sad the casting producers did not capitalize on her, considering she wanted on the show, fans wanted her on, and other cast members wanted her on. They really do not know how to make good decisions.

Not this random Big T enemy Liv getting cast :wub:. Big T's so powerful they're giving her pre-show storyline :wub:. Her power!

The time I wasted watching Shipwrecked for my mutual friend giving me knowledge of three future Challenge competitors :wub:.

Apparently the S36 cast went into quarantine today. Here's what's confirmed.

Men:

Cory Wharton

Fessy Shafaat

Josh Martinez

Jay Starrett

Leroy Garrett

Nelson Thomas

Wes Bergmann

Women:

Aneesa Ferreira

Ashley Mitchell

Lolo Jones

Kam Williams

Nany Gonzalez

Big T Fazakerley

Tori Deal

REALLY strong cast so far imo. There's legit no one I dislike. Of course I'm sure the sh*tty names are still to come. But these 14 being locked in makes me feel good.

Some new names!

Men:

Asaf Goren

Mark Jansen - Big Brother 19

Derrick Henry

Women:

Jenny West

Morgan Lolar - Temptation Island

Analyse Talavera - Big Brother 21

Amber Borzotra - Big Brother 16

Theresa Jones

Natalie Anderson - Survivor/The Amazing Race

And Johnny Bananas is allegedly OUT.

WOW!!!!!!! Natalie?! I can't breathe this is gonna be so exciting and amazing! She's gonna DOMINATE!!!! And a random Theresa return?? Not the biggest Theresa fan but that's interesting.

Amber would be sooooo much more shocking if she wasn't being talked about with BB All-Stars. Still pretty shocking. Someone must've gotten their shows mixed up when they heard her name for All-Stars. Or she was an alt there and when she get dropped, they just moved her over to The Challenge.

Also lol about the Derrick pick after @Deeee just dragged his ass for being boring in the rankdown :dead:

Just making sure @*Lily and @*Wallace see the Natalie and Amber news :giggle:

Omg these are coming in hot while I'm trying to work :dead:

Brehanna Daniels - Titan Games (also made news as the first black woman in the NASCAR pit crew)

Darrell Taylor

The diversity in this cast! So far I can't think of anyone really problematic either (Analyse is probably the worst, I'm hoping she gets dropped since she was in that BB21 group chat that just got leaked, even though she may be safe because she wasn't talking in it). Still though, I'm ridiculously impressed.

Edited by Alex95