Dinah Jane Appreciation Thread

jdanton2

Dinah Jane - Biography, Height & Life Story | Super Stars Bio

Twitter

rumor of Dinah opening for Ariana Grande tweet deleted so maybe fake . anyway looks like she maybe doing a cover of her song Boy Friend on her upcoming tour.

a snippet.

https://twitter.com/DJ_Updatee/status/1192890690591756291

https://www.songkick.com/artists/8813254-dinah-jane

seeing more rumors of Dinah opening for Ariana Grande on Twitter . so it might be true. :unsure:

edit

looks like it was fake after all. :unsure:

edit

:unsure:

https://twitter.com/DinahJaneUpdats/status/...347848806506497

Dinah Jane Updats@DinahJaneUpdats

We're seeing a lot of people saying that Dinah was going to open Ariana's show, which in fact would, but it didn't work out anymore! a security on the show told some people but didn’t know it had been canceled and these people spoke! Dinah will be touring solo so let's support h

9:01 PM · Nov 9, 2019

Edited by jdanton2

I didn't believe that all. Those just happen because the cover she did in rehearsal got posted. Why would she be "opening" for someone when her own tour starts the very next day, in another part of the country....?

Dinah seems to have more rumors about her on things or maybe just bad luck. :o :shifty:

she was an early favorite on Season 2 of the X Factor for the female category and then forgot the words.

was rumored to be in the movie Moana for awhile.

rumored to be on the tv show Masked Singer during the first season.

rumored to be on X Factor All Stars in the UK this December before the show got cancelled.

Edited by jdanton2

Dinah seems to have more rumors about her on things or maybe just bad luck. :o :shifty:

she was an early favorite on Season 2 of the X Factor for the female category and then forgot the words.

was rumored to be in the movie Moana for awhile.

rumored to be on the tv show Masked Singer during the first season.

rumored to be on X Factor All Stars in the UK this December before the show got cancelled.

Going all the way back to the OG Xfactor is a bit much

But the rest, she was up for the Moana role. But they went for someone else, and I can see why.

++++++++++++

The first night she was shining on the tour, I'd post clips but I forgot how to post youtube links here

Going all the way back to the OG Xfactor is a bit much

But the rest, she was up for the Moana role. But they went for someone else, and I can see why.

++++++++++++

The first night she was shining on the tour, I'd post clips but I forgot how to post youtube links here

some 5H covers. :shifty: also an Ariana and Lizzo cover. :thumbs:

https://twitter.com/tapiarosalio/status/1193778051282173952

Rosalio

🎭

@tapiarosalio

DINAH JANE TOUR SETLIST (Updated)

1. Worth It

2. Retrograde

3. I Don’t Mind

4. Lizzo, Truth Hurts (cover)

5. Pass Me By

6. Fix It

7. Ariana, Boyfriend (cover)

8. He Like That

9. All In My Head (Flex)

10. Heard It All Before

11. Bottled Up

#DinahJaneTour #DinahJaneTourSF

1:30 AM · Nov 11, 2019 from San Francisco, CA·

i will post a few.

zKz1O4-ptGM

aVFB0NnZW1Y

EmUIvdJWnuE

qShYDrHPBnk

j7b4YVyFoOs

S4dwJX_hmXs

Edited by jdanton2

Like I thought Lauren wasn't there.

I was large in the place to be though...met her choreographer and a couple of her family, & said hi to another. Why it seems her set is a lil bit shorter than the opener's sets. She said L.A. Reid was in attendance....yeah. Had a feeling she wouldn't be partying in the streets tonight though since everybody was expecting it now.

Also it seems there were more pics and vids being posted by fans at this time for the San Fran show.

Like I thought Lauren wasn't there.

I was large in the place to be though...met her choreographer and a couple of her family, & said hi to another. Why it seems her set is a lil bit shorter than the opener's sets. She said L.A. Reid was in attendance....yeah. Had a feeling she wouldn't be partying in the streets tonight though since everybody was expecting it now.

Also it seems there were more pics and vids being posted by fans at this time for the San Fran show.

All her true blues in LA were there: Dina Lapolt, Viv, her vocal trainer, her poly fanbase lol. I said hi to her dad and chit chatted with Naki and her choreographer. And met and saw couple people from my timeline lol.

:w00t: how cool

The Poly community showed up in huge numbers at her show in LA. She is the biggest Poly star in music today in this generation. Like most stars she's getting her unfair share of criticism. Sad.

they all get criticized, it sucks be even the hugest stars get it too. It's great that people are showing up for her :thumbs:

Tour review

Dinah Jane Proves Her Solo Star Power

If it's seemed like Dinah Jane has been keeping her burgeoning solo career bottled up as of late, then she fully let the cap loose this week. The 22-year-old launched her first headlining tour over the weekend, a humble four-city trek that acts as a reintroduction of sorts for a star who's already been at this for seven years.

"Welcome to the first-ever Dinah Jane tour!" she greeted fans at L.A.'s Roxy Theatre on Monday night (November 11). "And bitch, we're sold out, what?!"

Dinah's L.A. show was the second stop of her tour, following San Francisco and preceding Chicago and New York. Selling out The Roxy is not necessarily difficult; the theater's capacity is just 500 people. What is challenging is making that kind of room feel 10 times its size, but Dinah managed to do that by employing all the elements you'd expect of a stadium pop spectacle — the lights, the outfits, the dancing, and the energy in the room were blown up to impressively epic proportions.

Of course, you can't imitate the feel of a larger-than-life concert without the right music, too, and Dinah had a few tricks up her sleeve to give fans a diverse setlist. Thus far, she has yet to release a full body of work; the closest she's come is a three-song "bundle" that she dropped earlier this year. Besides that, there have been a few one-off tracks, like "Bottled Up," "Retrograde," "SZNS," and the as-yet-released "I Don't Mind."

All of those tracks are accounted for during her live show, and they cover the gamut of Dinah's emotional and vocal range. "Heard It All Before" is delivered with high kicks, hair flips, and a chant of "little bitch," while "Fix It" was sung on a stool as Dinah poured her heart into a confessional about mending familial relationships. "Music is a healer. Music brought us together," she said to introduce the song, tearing up as she pointed to the dozen-strong pack of her family, who danced all night in the back of the room while proudly waving a Polynesian flag.

The rest of Dinah's 45-minute set was rounded out by crowd pleasers and covers. To no one's surprise, a couple of Fifth Harmony throwbacks made the set; she handily tore through a two-song medley of "He Like That" and "All In My Head (Flex)," flanked by a trio of male dancers. Her awesomely creative cover choices, meanwhile, could be hints about what kind of music Dinah wants to make on her own in the future. There was an acoustic take on Ariana Grande's recent collaboration with Social House, "boyfriend," that incorporated some of Nivea's R&B classic "Don't Mess With My Man," as well as a sultry mash-up of Lizzo's "Truth Hurts" and Mariah Carey's "Shake It Off." (Yes, we've all heard "Truth Hurts" a million times by now, but no one's heard it quite like this.)

By the time she capped her performance with a bass-heavy rendition of "Bottled Up," her dancers had torn off their shirts and the crowd was sweaty from jumping, but Dinah looked and sounded like she could've kept going for another hour. But maybe that's the point — this tour is introducing fans to her world and showing them what she's capable of. And the future looks promising.

I'm seeing her twice in 2 weeks :w00t: I knew moving to LA would pay off lol

https://twitter.com/dinahjane97/status/1195...3911561216?s=20

great to hear. :thumbs:

Pics and vids from the show all over social media.

I was in the house for the #Hitco2020vision

Honestly it felt like this week's episode of Empire, with the artiste showcase and lineup.

El Diablo himself (L.A. Can'tReid) passed right in front of me a couple times. Honestly I was torn between giving dap and not because ngl I do want a writing session(s)

Funny seeing some people from my general TL/feed acting like they're more than they are (why some people who literally do nothing have assistants lol)

Did some networking. Can't get more detailed because I might give up myself.

https://twitter.com/dinahjane97/status/1202332323699662848

@dinahjane97

·

6h

Ms. Jane on ya lips baby .. 💬loading

:o

sounds good. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

new year and new music coming.

https://twitter.com/dinahjane97/status/1212910245766262784

♕DinahJane@dinahjane97

new year, new music,