*** Marybeth Byrd Fan Thread 2.0 ***

season1

I'm sad for her, but it really was her own fault. She consciously and intentionally chose to veer away from the country lane she came in doing, and the audience lost their sense of who she was, which clearly hurt her in the voting. Had she stayed country, no question in my mind that she'd be in that finale by now.

I'm sad for her, but it really was her own fault. She consciously and intentionally chose to veer away from the country lane she came in doing, and the audience lost their sense of who she was, which clearly hurt her in the voting. Had she stayed country, no question in my mind that she'd be in that finale by now.

The fact that you think she intentionally veered away from it on her own and that she had a say in the song decisions goes to show how little you know about this show.

The fact that you think she intentionally veered away from it on her own and that she had a say in the song decisions goes to show how little you know about this show.

Sure, there's a chance that not all song choices were hers. But even then, she made it clear that she loved pop and wanted to do pop. That part is on her.

I mean all of that with no disrespect, because I loved Marybeth and wanted her in that finale. But I did worry for her when she did too many pop songs and didn't just stick with her country lane. If the choice to go pop all of a sudden was indeed her choice (and I'm fairly certain that it was), then sadly, that's her fault.

Sure, there's a chance that not all song choices were hers. But even then, she made it clear that she loved pop and wanted to do pop. That part is on her.

I mean all of that with no disrespect, because I loved Marybeth and wanted her in that finale. But I did worry for her when she did too many pop songs and didn't just stick with her country lane. If the choice to go pop all of a sudden was indeed her choice (and I'm fairly certain that it was), then sadly, that's her fault.

No.

Simple answer - Marybeth was robbed.

Leave it at that and I'm blaming John and TPTB.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...