Victoria: 11/20
Chris: 13/20
Diana: 13/20
IDF: 15/20
Alex: 17/20
Wally: 17/20
Dee: 19/20

17. Kayla Ferrel
Another random choice for the top 20. I never realized she was a fan favorite in the slightest until this game. I remember her being gay and being one of the few to actually be saved by a makeover. Kayla’s hair was awful before Tyra saved her and gave her the redhead look. It elevated her look sooooooo much. That curly blonde thing she had going on was hideous. And then with her being gay, I respect how proud she was of that. ANTM never had an LGBTQ+ winner and she wanted to represent the community well. God was is tiring that she brought it up in like every episode though. The modeling industry is not known for being homophobic right now and half the viewers of ANTM are probably gay men.
Kayla also had the commercial where she was forced to kiss a man despite the fact that she was having PTSD from her sexual assault as a child. One of the 4892482th reasons why ANTM is such a f*cked up show. I’m proud of Kayla getting through it and talking about it publicly for the first time, but she never should’ve been forced into doing that. The kiss didn’t make or break the commercial. And of course Mr. Jay was just like “You have to get over it and do your job :* god I hate this show.
So like those I ranked below her, I like Kayla but don’t love her at all. She’s kinda just ~there~ for me. She’d make a good like 70th place in this game or something.

KAYLA FERREL
I really like Kayla – she was on the show at the right time, for me personally. She is a great advocate for the LGBT community, and she really slayed her season as I would have taken her over Ann, any day of the week.
Is it enough to win the rankdown? Probably not but she shouldn’t be in 20th place so there’s that.

19. Kayla Ferrel (C15)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

5xsOIWPKGWI

Kayla Ferrel is one of my favorite ANTM contestants ever. Does she deserve to make the finals? Probably not, but I cannot claim I am upset to see her rank so highly. I am more saddened that amazing legends like Jade Cole, Furonda Brasfield, Angelea Preston, etc. were so disgustingly robbed instead. Kayla is the most interesting character to come from what is undoubtedly the most boring season of ANTM ever. That is sort of her downfall. Even if Kayla had been an even more dramatic personality, Cycle 15 is so dry and bland that Kayla would always pale in comparison to the ANTM greats.

Kayla entered the cycle with a look that did not necessarily translate well to high fashion. Kayla also entered the season and shared her story of coming from a socioeconomically disadvantaged and ignorant/homophobic city, revealing that she is in fact lesbian/queer. Kayla quickly shared her story with Tyra and her fellow competitors, and a lot of people online dragged her for relying on this storyline too much throughout the season. To which I say, editing is a b*tch and Kayla is one of the only people that season to do more than just breathe air. Sure. Kayla is not the first queer/lesbian to appear on the show, and not the most interesting either. But it's not like ANTM offered us that many open lesbian contestants, Kayla is probably the fourth to enter the competition by the fifteenth season. To boot, she turned out to be both immensely likable and an amazing photo model.

That first week bullying photo is divine and one of the best photos of the series. Watching her break down in tears backstage about the fear of being labeled "queer" all over again really is a resonant moment and may be the most memorable moment of the season. Of course, Tyra robs Kayla of her deserved first call-out in order to overpraise Ann to the high heavens for five weeks straight. Makeovers. Kayla is another makeover victim of ANTM. WTF at that atrocious fire engine red bowl cut. LOL. Props to Kayla for never complaining and attempting to own that look. But yeah. No. Horrible look. But she continued to produce amazing photos, coming second once again to Ann. This week is a bit closer in terms of photo quality, but Kayla still produced my favorite photo of the week.

Kayla took a step back with the underwater beauty photo, which is still a pretty good photo. Just not as insanely good as her first two, and she kinda highlights the less modelesque features of her face. Kayla quickly returned to form during the high-fashion wrestling photo. Another insanely great photo that pushed her back up the leaderboard. Kayla's one truly terrible weak happened during the Rodeo Drive photoshoot. Both of her photos are bad, she complained about how insanely small her shoes fit. You know what happens when a girl complains about horrible conditions that Tyra forces upon them? A trip to the bottom two! Kayla luckily survived against the horrible Kacey, mostly due to her amazing portfolio and challenge win that very same week.

However, Kayla would not be down for long. The next week, Kayla would win a second challenge and earned a spot as a Grammy presenter. I guess that is a pretty cool prize. Kayla acted like she struck rich though. LOL. Kayla then slayed during the next photoshoot, where she killed as Vivienne Westwood. If anybody deserved to end The Streak, Kayla earned that right. Not Liz. LOL. I am pretty sure that Tyra avoided giving Kayla the FCO for as long as possible, since she did not want Ann to end up with any competition. Kayla had another memorable moment during the following week's video shoot for the stupid fictitious H2T energy drink. #Bless Tyra for forcing them to wear roller skates though, since watching Ann bust her ass proved to be hilarious. Anyways. Kayla broke down after Mr. Jay revealed that the girl would work alongside and kiss a male model. Privately, Kayla revealed that men scare her due to a past sexual assault inflicted on her by a man. Kayla was extremely brave in this moment, and still decided to put her best foot forward and delivered a better commercial than most.

Kayla made the overseas trip and produced two magical photos, finally earning two well-deserved, belated, and consecutive first call-outs. Kayla seemed primed to take on Ann in the finale, and her first call-outs actually lent her some credibility in defeating Ann in the finals. Especially since all of the group horrifically bombed the go-sees. Except that just could not be possible in Tyra's world, so after that stupid Modelli Folli motion editorial, Kayla received the axe in a surprise double elimination, right before the finals. How in the world Chelsey earned that spot over her is beyond me, but I can only imagine that Chelsey was offered up as easy fodder for Ann. Chelsey won a few challenges, but never received a first call-out. That robbery stung a little, but Kayla left as the strongest contestant of the season imo, and as one of two memorable contestants.

Does she deserve the finals? No. Will she rank at the bottom? I'm assuming so. But her body of work and her personal stories really connected me to Kayla, and I do think she is one of the best ANTM contestants ever.

IPB Image
I really liked Kayla a lot. I actually loved the blonde hair on her and was kind of sad with the makeover, although I think the red was great too, just not so much the way they cut it. But actually wait, I remember her audition with all the curly hair. :haha: She slicked it back and looked AMAZING. Anyway, I felt Kayla was a great and strong model throughout the cycle. She may have fallen under the radar due to the judges love for some others, but she was always on my radar! She had some challenges to overcome on the show, like how she was scared to get close with the male models due to her abusive past. :( That was so sad, but she is so strong. <3 I really enjoyed her personality, as well as photos. I would have been happy to see her win, but third is not so bad. Cycle 15 wasn't my favorite cycle, but I do really like Kayla. I think my favorite photos of her are the ones on Rodeo Drive and the statue come to life. :wub:

I CAN’T BELIEVE ONLY ONE OR TWO ARE FROM OLDER CYCLES AND KAYLA IS ONE OF THEM. Like geez. I saved her a few times but she is no legend.

Kayla Ferrel (Cycle 15, 3rd/4th Place)

IPB Image

To be honest, I’m surprised Kayla made it this far. Forums like rtvgames really do not like her at all, or at least they didn’t during her run on the show, so it’s a nice surprise to see her last this long.

While Kayla definitely wasn’t the most “high fashion” contestant, she could definitely take a good picture. Apart from the Rodeo Drive shoot, Kayla killed every photoshoot. Had she not been up against Ann, she probably would have ended up with the best portfolio of her cycle. People certainly don’t give her enough credit for her body of work.

I think on many other seasons, Kayla would have been the winner. She had the story, she represented and could have been the first lesbian winner, and her portfolio rivaled Ann’s as the best of the season. Unfortunately, the high fashion branding and contract with IMG likely prevented her from snatching it all. I like Kayla a lot, but I think the others I’ve ranked above her have more memorable personalities and legacies.

IPB Image

Kayla Ferrel is my Cycle 15 favorite and while i am very happy she won the Cycle 15 portion of this game, which I was definitely hoping would be the case, I could have honestly done without Kayla being in the final round. I do really like her but…. I couldn’t stand that cycle. :dead: But it’s enough for me to give her my #17 ranking. The push for Ann to win was super annoying and Kayla getting robbed at 3rd place wasn’t cute. Of course she would have been my choice to win, but alas we been knew it wasn’t meant to be. :broken:

Some of my favorite photos of Kayla’s.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Her first photo was such a big event and moment for her. Really loved it and how empowering that moment was for her. :omg: It was where she was vulnerable talking about her sexuality @ 4:00 and specifically 5:20.

N3ZTkLK1udc

Actually looking through her photos makes me want to rank her a little higher but I don’t feel like changing my ranking now. Ugh maybe a Cycle 15 re-watch can help me re-grow my love for Kayla? IDK, but best of luck to her for her final ranking.

Edited by gabegir45

Alex

13. Norelle Van Herk

17. Kayla Ferrel

Chris

12. Norelle Van Herk

13. Kayla Ferrel

Dee

17. Norelle Van Herk

19. Kayla Ferrel

Denise

9. Kayla Ferrel