** Kat Hammock Fan Thread 2.0 **

season1

Kat sounded really good on the studio. <3 I hope she gets a good performance slot, and kills her performance tonight. :sorcerer:

My favorite of the studios. If she performs anywhere near that level, she'll be a lock to advance regardless of slot imo. :thumbs:

It’s really getting on my nerves so I’m going to rant about it here, MjsBigBlog slams every single performance Kat does in their review of the show. They are such harsh critics but only towards Kat as no one else receives any where near as much of a harsh review. It’s obviously good and necessary for people to formulate their own opinion but their dislike to Kat is too much. But at least to make things better Kat always gets first place in their poll. Idk I’m just really frustrated with that site and I used them in the social media thread as predictors but I think I’m just gonna stick to tv line because sat this point mjsblog is clearly biased.

The recap

“Kat Hammock – Team Blake Shelton – Danny Boy (Traditional) – Kat made her first trip to Nashville this week. Her grandfather used to sing the song in Gaelic. He passed away a few years ago–she lost all of her grandparents within a few years. Blake gives her good advice–back off on those vocal bends. Yes. Still, SHE SINGS TOO DANG SLOW and has a tendency to go off pitch when she holds those notes. Yikes. That was a super-pitchy performance. She’s an interesting stylist, but needs to work on her vocals. Gwen thinks she’ll eventually get a record deal. Or should! Blake is so proud of her. He calls her one of the most important artists he’s ever worked with on the show. WTF. I don’t get it. She’s an underbaked teen. – STREAM“

It’s really getting on my nerves so I’m going to rant about it here, MjsBigBlog slams every single performance Kat does in their review of the show. They are such harsh critics but only towards Kat as no one else receives any where near as much of a harsh review. It’s obviously good and necessary for people to formulate their own opinion but their dislike to Kat is too much. But at least to make things better Kat always gets first place in their poll. Idk I’m just really frustrated with that site and I used them in the social media thread as predictors but I think I’m just gonna stick to tv line because sat this point mjsblog is clearly biased.

The recap

“Kat Hammock – Team Blake Shelton – Danny Boy (Traditional) – Kat made her first trip to Nashville this week. Her grandfather used to sing the song in Gaelic. He passed away a few years ago–she lost all of her grandparents within a few years. Blake gives her good advice–back off on those vocal bends. Yes. Still, SHE SINGS TOO DANG SLOW and has a tendency to go off pitch when she holds those notes. Yikes. That was a super-pitchy performance. She’s an interesting stylist, but needs to work on her vocals. Gwen thinks she’ll eventually get a record deal. Or should! Blake is so proud of her. He calls her one of the most important artists he’s ever worked with on the show. WTF. I don’t get it. She’s an underbaked teen. – STREAM“

I don't think they are fans of teen singers whether indie or country or pop. They also do not like many Team Blake contestants. And since Blake called Kat an important artist, they became more critical.

I wouldn't worry much about the vocal blog commenters and critics, especially on MJs. Kat has a silent fan base who vote but keep quiet. :sorcerer:

Edited by season1

Haven’t been on yet this season until now. Mainly avoid general discussion topics & stick to fan threads. Too much negativity outside. Like just showing support for who I like

Kat has the type of voice I always like on this show. Definitely have a preferential style. My 2 favorite performances from her are Vienna & God Only Knows but I’ve enjoyed everything she does. It’s hard to judge who is the likely winner but I do at least like Kat’s odds of making the finale

Haven’t been keeping track but surprised this thread is only 3 pages mostly from last 2 weeks. Seems low for her

Edited by Sweetness354

“Favorite Performance

The clear winner here is Kat Hammond with over 25% of the vote. I still don’t get it.

See this is what I mean about MjsBigBlog why was that smart remark necessary

Success is the best counter to naysayers. :flowers: So I would ignore their opinion and just support Kat and hope Kat proves them wrong and makes the Finale.

Haven’t been on yet this season until now. Mainly avoid general discussion topics & stick to fan threads. Too much negativity outside. Like just showing support for who I like

Kat has the type of voice I always like on this show. Definitely have a preferential style. My 2 favorite performances of her are Vienna & God Only Knows but I’ve enjoyed everything she does. Hard to judge who is likely winner but I do at least like Kat’s odds of making the finale

Haven’t been keeping track but surprised this thread is only 3 pages mostly from last 2 weeks. Seems low for her

Good to see you again. :flowers:

We had a server problem a couple of weeks ago. Danielle's thread with 1600+ pages has no comments showing, same with all the existing threads at that time. The active threads were locked to prevent wiping out their stats. I had to recreate many fan threads (Danielle's and this season's favorites).

Anyway, I'm glad that you like Kat. Would you like me to add your name to the fan list on the OP? :flowers:

Edited by season1

We had a server problem a couple of weeks ago. Danielle's thread with 1600+ pages has no comments showing, same with all the existing threads at that time. The active threads were locked to prevent wiping out their stats. I had to recreate many fan threads (Danielle's and this season's favorites).

With all the threads starting over again, someone could start a Ryan Sill thread that will be more popular than Danielle's thread. :fear: :haha:

Add me to the Kat fans, please. :flowers:

Server issues suck. Good to know that’s why though

Yeah, sure. I would love to be added to the fan list

Added. :sorcerer:

FWIW, Kat has the 2nd most number of fans this season (after Marybeth). But it seems she's having more detractors now too. I guess she's being seen as a threat to others' favorites now.

---

With all the threads starting over again, someone could start a Ryan Sill thread that will be more popular than Danielle's thread. :fear: :haha:

Add me to the Kat fans, please. :flowers:

Added. :flowers:

This thread has more posts now than Danielle's 2.0 thread. It's really sad not to be able to read the posts during Danielle's season. :(