season1

Stopped by to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and it struck me it's been a while since the last visit. I was surprised to see that the original thread is gone. I was happy to read that Danielle is thriving and happy in this crazy business. Merry Christmas to everyone in the forum and to Danielle.

Stopped by to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and it struck me it's been a while since the last visit. I was surprised to see that the original thread is gone. I was happy to read that Danielle is thriving and happy in this crazy business. Merry Christmas to everyone in the forum and to Danielle.

Merry Christmas to you too. And a Happy New Year :sorcerer:

---

Happy New Year to Danielle and #teamDanielle. :flowers: :sorcerer:

A new year is coming & new music is coming from Danielle :D

To 'S1' and my other friends who add to The Book of Danielle and, of course, to Danielle

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

All my best hopes & wishes to everyone❗ Here's to y'all 🥂

From,
Drew
Edited by Drew1903

has anyone inquired as to why our last thread was terminated?

Sometime after Nov 6, 2019, idolforums crashed due to server issues. When it came back, all the existing threads at the time of the crash are no longer accessible. The threads are there but the pages are gone. Adding new comments to those threads cause all old pages and comments to disappear.

istersay locked the active threads to prevent wiping out the data in those threads in case they're able to recover and restore the threads with all comments. I remade Danielle's fan thread (and many others) based on archived data (as well as some info I saved on my laptop before). Here is the last known stats of the original Danielle fan thread:

IPB Image

Unfortunately, they were not able to restore the old threads so they removed them to clean up this site before the upgrade (which should take place soon).

I saved a few pages back in 2015 and if I find some media or notable info on those save pages, I will post them here, to restore some "history" of Danielle's The Voice journey as well as her early post Voice career. I tried to archive all 1275 pages (at that time) but I didn't have storage space on my laptop, and the time to save the pages.

If there are videos, images, info you would like to add to this fan thread, that would be great. :flowers:

Edited by season1

Flashback Friday: Images of Danielle's performances on The Voice in Season 4 :sorcerer:

This collage was posted on the original fan thread. I don't know who made this collage but it was posted on Twitter back then and someone shared it on Danielle's fan thread. Danielle had 20 performances (both competition and non-competition) during her season.

IPB Image

:flowers:

Edited by season1

Sometime after Nov 6, 2019, idolforums crashed due to server issues. When it came back, all the existing threads at the time of the crash are no longer accessible. The threads are there but the pages are gone. Adding new comments to those threads cause all old pages and comments to disappear.

istersay locked the active threads to prevent wiping out the data in those threads in case they're able to recover and restore the threads with all comments. I remade Danielle's fan thread (and many others) based on archived data (as well as some info I saved on my laptop before). Here is the last known stats of the original Danielle fan thread:

IPB Image

Unfortunately, they were not able to restore the old threads so they removed them to clean up this site before the upgrade (which should take place soon).

I saved a few pages back in 2015 and if I find some media or notable info on those save pages, I will post them here, to restore some "history" of Danielle's The Voice journey as well as her early post Voice career. I tried to archive all 1275 pages (at that time) but I didn't have storage space on my laptop, and the time to save the pages.

If there are videos, images, info you would like to add to this fan thread, that would be great. :flowers:

thanks so much

Edited by nyoldie

"If there are videos, images, info you would like to add to this fan thread, that would be great. flowers.gif", 'S1'

I'm sure I will.... not an excuse, but, part of it is struggling to know what to pick from the collection of stuff I have. I, should really make some decisions & put something more in here ? I have & do consider it a lot, will try to act on it, soon.

Edited by Drew1903

Some may dispute it, but, I see Danielle as, actually, the "most successful The Voice contestant to date". Y'all agree or disagree?

I will say that there is another female ex-winner same age Danielle was who may prove to be very successful, as well. Interestingly, both Country rooted.

sorry drew. she's my fav but i can't say she's been successful yet. Whatever standard you use, you may find raelyn, the one who's now a songwriter, cassadee with her 2 songs and album, and the other one who has a very niche following...only DB3 can raise her where you wish...fingers crossed.

btw, i just recently have seen the following young teen girl acts that y'all may love

Angelina Jordan for Boheman Rhapsody audition on AGT Champions

Mimi and Josey doing Creep in Germany Voice Kids audition

and 2 slightly older AGT from a couple of years ago...both 12

Darcy Lynn ventriloquist singer

and the best Grace Vanderwaal a singer songwriter whose career has taken off

Edited by nyoldie

sorry drew. she's my fav but i can't say she's been successful yet. Whatever standard you use, you may find raelyn, the one who's now a songwriter, cassadee with her 2 songs and album, and the other one who has a very niche following...only DB3 can raise her where you wish...fingers crossed.

btw, i just recently have seen the following young teen girl acts that y'all may love

Angelina Jordan for Boheman Rhapsody audition on AGT Champions

Mimi and Josey doing Creep in Germany Voice Kids audition

and 2 slightly older AGT from a couple of years ago...both 12

Darcy Lynn ventriloquist singer

and the best Grace Vanderwaal a singer songwriter whose career has taken off

Grace has been in the Top 20 of CBC's playlist for quite a while.

I agree about Angelina. I feel she should, ought to, deserves to win this current AGT Champs thing. I have listened to & noticed for many years some crazy talent from all over the Globe... it's just wild to discover what's out there.

There are a couple of other European girls who are truly amazing. One is Daneliya Tuleshova. She is very much worth a listen❗ SO impressive, she is❗ True, Danielle has not hit super-stardom or anything, but, she sure has not failed. She's nominated, respected, recognized & sure loved in Europe & UK. She has done lots, she's active & productive & agree her 3rd, done with Huff, will be impactful.

Chevel may do very well. She has the potential. We'll see over the next few years. Danielle has, always, had the potential and, still, does. But, we all know it's a weird business and predicting or pegging why one goes mega & another doesn't is neigh on impossible... too many fickle factors fluxing. <-- Say that 5 times fast :haha:

(Just) Reflect on (& listen to) someone like Ashley McBryde

Many from Emmy Lou to John Prine to Nancy Griffith to Grace Potter to many HUGELY talented others ... it's hard to say why some such artists are not, ALL, HUGELY successful.

Honestly, Danielle is who started me becoming aware of so many terrific young singers or other instruments from various places and I saw all this bizarre stuff; I'll, always, be glad of that. It is fun/has been fun, entertaining & enlightening looking through YTs just to see what one finds of this sort

Edited by Drew1903

Grace has been in the Top 20 of CBC's playlist for quite a while.

I agree about Angelina. I feel she should, ought to, deserves to win this current AGT Champs thing. I have listened to & noticed for many years some crazy talent from all over the Globe... it's just wild to discover what's out there.

There are a couple of other European girls who are truly amazing. One is Daneliya Tuleshova. She is very much worth a listen❗ SO impressive, she is❗ True, Danielle has not hit super-stardom or anything, but, she sure has not failed. She's nominated, respected, recognized & sure loved in Europe & UK. She has done lots, she's active & productive & agree her 3rd, done with Huff, will be impactful.

Chevel may do very well. She has the potential. We'll see over the next few years. Danielle has, always, had the potential and, still, does. But, we all know it's a weird business and predicting or pegging why one goes mega & another doesn't is neigh on impossible... too many fickle factors fluxing. <-- Say that 5 times fast :haha:

(Just) Reflect on (& listen to) someone like Ashley McBryde

Many from Emmy Lou to John Prine to Nancy Griffith to Grace Potter to many HUGELY talented others ... it's hard to say why some such artists are not, ALL, HUGELY successful.

Honestly, Danielle is who started me becoming aware of so many terrific young singers or other instruments from various places and I saw all this bizarre stuff; I'll, always, be glad of that. It is fun/has been fun, entertaining & enlightening looking through YTs just to see what one finds of this sort

it is impossible to predict stardom or why some songs/singers make it. i feel DB's management has erred in always trying to "make" a radio song like friend zone or sway instead of leading with her best ballads. eg. it's a crime potential didn't lead the album. sway was just fun. Kacey will never be radio friendly but finally she's getting acclaim she deserves, and i would use Dani's strong voice first and forget radio play worthy.. The entire women's county seems to be evolving. Maren is replacing Miranda as the best singer/songwriter and Kelsea appears to be the charmer that was Carrie. DB won't supplant either of those in their strong points so she will have to settle on wonderful young star with the golden voice if they let her...fingers still crossed here. i think her whole second album was masterful. Also it's a damn shame how blackout went down after all the praise. Reminds me of all the hoopla we had over my day for the olympics. From what i have read, her single release should be imminent.

Honestly I think no matter what single they led with, it wouldn’t have made much difference. As long as country radio won’t play women, it’s not going to matter what they release and her situation with radio isn’t going to change. They tried songs like Friend Zone and Sway because it was the closest thing she had to the type of bro country radio normally plays, even having a song with Thomas Rhett didn’t really help her move up the charts much. It’s a boys game, unfortunately, and until that changes, I don’t see her getting much airplay regardless of what song she puts out.

IMO she should move to pop instead, I think most of her music at this point sounds pop and R&B and not country, and she might have a better chance at getting radio play. Blackout is a pure pop song and was very well received, it was considered a highlight on an otherwise underwhelming soundtrack even by those unfamiliar with her. But yeah basically because the rest of the soundtrack tanked, I think that’s why people quickly forgot it.

Honestly I think no matter what single they led with, it wouldn’t have made much difference. As long as country radio won’t play women, it’s not going to matter what they release and her situation with radio isn’t going to change. They tried songs like Friend Zone and Sway because it was the closest thing she had to the type of bro country radio normally plays, even having a song with Thomas Rhett didn’t really help her move up the charts much. It’s a boys game, unfortunately, and until that changes, I don’t see her getting much airplay regardless of what song she puts out.

IMO she should move to pop instead, I think most of her music at this point sounds pop and R&B and not country, and she might have a better chance at getting radio play. Blackout is a pure pop song and was very well received, it was considered a highlight on an otherwise underwhelming soundtrack even by those unfamiliar with her. But yeah basically because the rest of the soundtrack tanked, I think that’s why people quickly forgot it.

Think kacey musgraves. Radio can’t be the sole answer. Streaming at home has to big. I also think that dance music is very big too. That’s why all the young country women incl dB love rap and hip hop.

Think kacey musgraves. Radio can’t be the sole answer. Streaming at home has to big. I also think that dance music is very big too. That’s why all the young country women incl dB love rap and hip hop.

Yes there’s definitely been several female country artists who have still been successful despite a lack of radio support.

Angelina Jordan was mentioned here couple of posts back. I had followed that by mentioning another young artist I have been aware of for quite some time. Here she is last year at 12 years old...

These kids, Danielle, certainly, another example... as artists/performers/musicians, they are so mature and ahead of their years, it's just bizarre & stunning.

I, also, agree that Danielle's 2nd album was/is a masterpiece❗

maARpYMLBfc

Edited by Drew1903

The site is finally upgraded. Like all upgrades, there are lots of work to be done after. The main difference is in the way videos are embedded. No tags are needed on this new site -- just post the video link and it will be embedded automatically.

Anyway, the tagged embedded videos are no longer displaying properly so I would have to go back and fix all my posts with video, including the OP. I will slowly fix the embedded videos and hopefully finish the task before the year ends LOL. In the meantime, feel free to share new and old videos of Danielle -- it is easier now with just the YT link. 👍

Edited by season1