The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Maybe in earlier seasons they’d have thought that but because the shows been on for several seasons I’m sure the contestants (at least the ones over 18) know that they won’t be successful/famous if they put all their eggs in the voice basket and voice basket alone.

Most of them don't have the drive. I can list a few (winners and non-winners) who are better off right now, but 95% of them were/are just wasting their time. Success doesn't necessarily mean having hits on the radio, or sold out stadiums. Making a decent living qualifies. A few of them achieve that for a while, but it's not just handed to them.

Most of them don't have the drive. I can list a few (winners and non-winners) who are better off right now, but 95% of them were/are just wasting their time. Success doesn't necessarily mean having hits on the radio, or sold out stadiums. Making a decent living qualifies. A few of them achieve that for a while, but it's not just handed to them.

It's not just the drive but also the talent needed to be a successful interesting original artist. And yet, some of them would be able to make a good living as cover artists if they didn't think they were above that.

The smartest of the youngest take their time and keep touring, learning the business and perfecting their craft. :thumbs:

It's not just the drive but also the talent needed to be a successful interesting original artist. And yet, some of them would be able to make a good living as cover artists if they didn't think they were above that.

The smartest of the youngest take their time and keep touring, learning the business and perfecting their craft. :thumbs:

Good point. There are some doing it that way. For the younger ones, off the top of my head, I’ll say Danielle, Chevel, Sawyer, Britton. They all seem to be making a living, even though they probably aren’t getting rich. I’m probably missing a few, but some of the others need to step it up. Success is not going to come overnight.

Good point. There are some doing it that way. For the younger ones, off the top of my head, I’ll say Danielle, Chevel, Sawyer, Britton. They all seem to be making a living, even though they probably aren’t getting rich. I’m probably missing a few, but some of the others need to step it up. Success is not going to come overnight.

:yes: @ all those you mentioned.

Britton's been touring almost non stop since he left the Voice. Afaik, his album never came out for some reason. Maybe he felt he needed more time testing/rearranging the songs live? idk. I'll have to ask some time.

:yes: @ all those you mentioned.

Britton's been touring almost non stop since he left the Voice. Afaik, his album never came out for some reason. Maybe he felt he needed more time testing/rearranging the songs live? idk. I'll have to ask some time.

Yeah, the releasing music thing seems to be the main stumbling block for contestants. It’s almost a guarantee producing and releasing music will put them in the hole financially, but it’s necessary for credibility.

Drive is so important in everything but particularly in this industry. It takes so much more than just recording a few good songs to be super successful. Touring, endless hours of self promotion, writing...not to mention the ability to know what your audience wants, in some cases even before they themselves do.

Lots of people can sing. Very few have what it takes to be a star. Like the old Cypress Hill song says...It's a fun job but it's still a job.

Drive is so important in everything but particularly in this industry. It takes so much more than just recording a few good songs to be super successful. Touring, endless hours of self promotion, writing...not to mention the ability to know what your audience wants, in some cases even before they themselves do.

Lots of people can sing. Very few have what it takes to be a star. Like the old Cypress Hill song says...It's a fun job but it's still a job.

All true, plus being in the right place at the right time helps. In order for that to happen, they need to be out there...all the time. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

Edited by TeamAudra

I agree with you about the pointless exposure but let's not forget that all these contestants are getting paid, probably with a few bonuses each advanced round. This is like a huge national televised gig for them so I get why so many people are still trying for this show, even though they know damn well they are 99.9% going nowhere after the show.

I agree with you about the pointless exposure but let's not forget that all these contestants are getting paid, probably with a few bonuses each advanced round. This is like a huge national televised gig for them so I get why so many people are still trying for this show, even though they know damn well they are 99.9% going nowhere after the show.

They get paid? Are you referring to a per diem and the small amount of iTunes money they get, or is it something in addition to that?

To play devil’s advocate, many are taking time off from their careers an/or delaying school. There’s a cost associated with putting your life on hold for 6-9 months for this show, hoping to turn a chair or not get montaged.

They get paid? Are you referring to a per diem and the small amount of iTunes money they get, or is it something in addition to that?

To play devil’s advocate, many are taking time off from their careers an/or delaying school. There’s a cost associated with putting your life on hold for 6-9 months for this show, hoping to turn a chair or not get montaged.

Yeah, I don't remember the exact interview but Chloe mentioned something like that. Maybe someone closer to the contestants could deny/confirm this but it makes sense to me. Like you said, some of these contestants are touring artists or professional BGV and I don't think they just love taking risks :haha:

Edited by echoap

That’s sort of what I mean. Hardly anyone thinks the voice alone will make the successful. They have to put in the effort to find other ways to put their music out their as well, and maybe a part-time (or full time job if their really dedicated or like the work experience), on the side to have money to supplement their income as well as cash to pay for ways to advertise and such.

Yeah, the releasing music thing seems to be the main stumbling block for contestants. It’s almost a guarantee producing and releasing music will put them in the hole financially, but it’s necessary for credibility.

There's a chance cost was one of the problems. I know Alicia let Britton use her studio, but the rest of the production and editing cost was likely to be on him. No clue about the amount that would involve, but can't be cheap.

Some garbage results tonight.

Kat and Ricky Duran still remain overrated and wtf at the Cali save?! Blake can gtfo.

So another Blake team that is tragic, 3 times in a row wow....

Yet 2 will make the finale while someone like Joana and/or Max is gonna get robbed.

Kat and Ricky Duran still remain overrated and wtf at the Cali save?! Blake can gtfo.

Yet 2 will make the finale while someone like Joana and/or Max is gonna get robbed.

I prefer Kat to both of them so while I am disappointed at a lot of the outcomes that happened last night I am not gonna take that out on Kat.

Ricky + Kat + Katie + Hoot

I can see it already lol >.<

And sad but true, Joana and Max won't be there.

With this show's history, contestants like Max are lucky to even make it to the semis, but hopefully he'll manage that.

Ricky + Kat + Katie + Hoot

I can see it already lol >.<

And sad but true, Joana and Max won't be there.

With this show's history, contestants like Max are lucky to even make it to the semis, but hopefully he'll manage that.

I still think people are overestimating Jakes potential even though I like him. Ricky doesn’t seem to have too much long term potential, but then again I predicted him as potential playoff fodder so what do I know? Kat and Rick being on team Blake could help them get further than on another team, but I’d they both somehow make it to semis, I doubt it’s a guarantee they’ll make the finale, especially if Cali turns here game around and pulls an Emily Ann.

Joana isn’t likely to last to long, she may even be gone next week before the WC and one or more of the saves, but I wouldn’t call her being robbed, even if she is good.

Max has potential to reach the finale, but for him song choice is especially key, and can make or break his chances at the finale, or possibly even winning.

This could have been one of the best Top 12/Top 13 we have ever had, but the coaches and america ruined it into oblivion. Only about 3 people are the best. Brooke, Steve, Lauren, Kyndal, Gracee, Injoy, Elise, Marina, Braddy, Kiara, would have been great additions.

Now its all on Marybeth, Joana, Max tbh.

Edited by QueenMae16

This could have been one of the best Top 12/Top 13 we have ever had, but the coaches and america ruined it into oblivion. Only about 3 people are the best. Brooke, Steve, Lauren, Kyndal, Gracee, Injoy, Elise, Marina, Braddy would have been great additions.

Now its all on Marybeth, Joana, Max tbh.

I have to dis agree with you. I like this top 13 right now and America and most of the coaches did mostly a good job, but the contestants I have billed would’ve definitely ruined it for me, save maybe Kyndal if she kept improving on her tone.