The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

John's team are a bunch of flops, only Marybeth is good and finale material.

Gwen has THE squad, but for some reason no one cares.

ITA on both counts.

As for why Gwen's team is underrated, maybe bc many people think she'll have problems getting the votes bc other coaches are more popular with the casual voters?

ITA on both counts.

As for why Gwen's team is underrated, maybe bc many people think she'll have problems getting the votes bc other coaches are more popular with the casual voters?

It could be just based off her track record on previous seasons. This season her team is pretty good so maybe her luck will turn?

Just some unpop opinions about the playoffs :wave:

- Joana had the best performance (Marybeth/Max follow her)

- Unpop here, but I thought Max did great in his performance

- I like Kyndal, but I am not getting the praise for her performance this week. She let her nerves get to her and that uh...note. She should still move on imo, but she wasn't the best on her team tonight, or even top 2.

- Myracle is underrated. Her rasps is different which is why I feel it throws people off of her here, but tonight was her best performance imo.

Some more unpopular opinions about the Playoffs (really doubting how unpopular these are considering that I agree almost entirely with ShadowGuy):

I can't stand Kat. Good Lord. I'm trying to be more open-minded about indie styling in singing voices... but she is awful. She is SO empty and boring, and there is nothing compelling about her. I could understand arguments with singers in past seasons, but Kat does absolutely nothing for me.

And Kat was egregiously off-pitch tonight.

Apparently IDF was ambivalent about Max tonight? I don't get it. I thought he was tied as the best of the night, alongside Myracle.

Speaking of her - y'all are sleeping on Myracle. She's fantastic. I admit that I didn't like her at first, but she came to the table to eat tonight when hardly anyone took a big enough bite. She killed it with a perfect song choice, and she really stood out.

I also really like Will. I understand that he's divisive. I STILL think people are misunderstanding him and his mannerisms. I don't know how many times the show has to declare that he has Asperger's before people learn to extend more patience and kindness towards the guy, instead of writing him off as arrogant, self-centered, and obnoxious. None of those words apply to him at all.

Edited by Bouli

1. Tonight wasn’t bad-sure there were some average/below average performances but there were some good/great performance...it’s like everything has to be a moment to please idf sometimes

2. Max Boyle had one of the better performances of the night-That’s right. It kind of reminds me of how Chloe changed my mins from disliking her pre-PO to liking her somewhere between POS and top 12. Anyways I liked that from him, and I was prepared not to.

3. Cali might’ve not been technically perfect but rewatching the second time sounded better and it’s fun to watch

Unpop:

Max had one of the top 3 performances of the night.

Joana's performance was underrated

I actually enjoyed Katie tonight. :o.

Came here to say exactly this. :yes:

Max :wub: Joana :w00t:

and Katie’s performance was, pristine.

Also,

Didn’t love Gracee’s performance but her performance made me kinda love Gracee (and want to hear more) if that makes sense...

Also

We’ve heard Myrical before. I would totally swap Marina for her

Also

Ricky B, just a question: Is he actually pretty good? Am I naive or are there a 1000 of him in Las Vegas bars across the US and Canada?

- Some weeks ago I said that I don't see the demo going crazy for Katie. Well, that's probably true but after watching all that bussing + mediocrity last night, I can see the audience desperately running into Katie's arms now.

IPB Image

She's winning the night on YouTube views, so that's definitely a good indicator.

Jake HaldenVang is more original than Will turning pop songs into rock

I like both and think they’re both original to an extent...but I can’t even count on both hands how many times contestants have turned pop songs into rock in singing shows, while what Will does, is pretty unique.