The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

This makes me sad cause we may not get the data back from the first one but...

I'll start off with a: Ricky Duran is overrated, Katie Kadan too, Khalea is boring, Kat is annoying in just singing head voice all the time, and finally for now...

Lauren Hall was robbed.

Can't listen to Katie anymore. She stresses me out, and music's not supposed to do that, to me anyway. I want her out (like that's gonna happen lol) #endrant

I thought she was okay at first but that last performance turned me off, I think she'll be staying but we'll see

I thought she was okay at first but that last performance turned me off, I think she'll be staying but we'll see

The coaches are still behaving/talking like she's the one to beat this season, so TPTB will be behind her all the way. Sigh.

Unpopular opinion: I am really enjoying this season maybe even more than 13! It just gives me a feel I haven’t got since I first started watching the show. Sure the talent isn’t showstopping but the entire top 20 is unique and something fresh for the Voice.

True and the only ones I can’t stand have more to do with genre than anything else

Unpopular opinion: I am really enjoying this season maybe even more than 13! It just gives me a feel I haven’t got since I first started watching the show. Sure the talent isn’t showstopping but the entire top 20 is unique and something fresh for the Voice.

This! I think this season is actually really solid. Besides team kelly, I feel like I would be fine with like any top 3 from the other teams, which is something I haven't said for like any season.

Wanted to also say Addison's lost was total BS, Chloe had her worst night as well and never being near her emotional level and she wins?!

I can see why Adam has been pissed off since then and left lol.

Chloe was carried by Blake's army, the fiercest or them all when they rally behind a contestant. Meanwhile Addison could only rely on her performances because her coach had such a poor following on The Voice, and casual viewers already disliked him as well. Last season, we got confirmation of how important it is for contestants to have coaches well liked by casuals... :ph34rwave:

Chloe was carried by Blake's army, the fiercest or them all when they rally behind a contestant. Meanwhile Addison could only rely on her performances because her coach had such a poor following on The Voice, and casual viewers already disliked him as well. Last season, we got confirmation of how important it is for contestants to have coaches well liked by casuals... :ph34rwave:

Chloe had more than just Blake's army supporting her that's why she was basically an unstoppable force. Blake does have a big and loyal fan base but it isn't always enough to carry someone to victory. But if he gets a contestant like Chloe who can appeal to people outside of his base then it's over with no one else has a chance.

Chloe had more than just Blake's army supporting her that's why she was basically an unstoppable force. Blake does have a big and loyal fan base but it isn't always enough to carry someone to victory. But if he gets a contestant like Chloe who can appeal to people outside of his base then it's over with no one else has a chance.

Yeah but you need both for a slam dunk: the dedicated army behind a contestant + the crossover appeal

Yeah but you need both for a slam dunk: the dedicated army behind a contestant + the crossover appeal

Yes you need both for the slam dunk. You can win with only one if your competition isn't that good but otherwise you need both usually.

Edited by CGlaserFan

This gives me hope for Kat cause Blake seems to be backing her up big time

Whoever Blake anoints as his TCO will be the lucky one. Haven't followed the show live with all the coach comments, so no idea who it is/will be.

Damali sucks, she shouldn't have got a chair, and she sure as hell shouldn't be in the live playoffs.

I thought her blind was horrible. A pitchy mess.

But I have to say she surprised me in the KO's with a nice performance of a tough song. I mean it ain't easy covering Demi.

Edited by ATX29

I thought her blind was horrible. A pitchy mess.

But I have to say she surprised me in the KO's with a nice performance of a tough song. I mean it easy covering Demi.

I don’t think it is easy covering Demi. Also yeah Damali is technically skilled but she’s essentially the female version of Boyle

I don’t think it is easy covering Demi. Also yeah Damali is technically skilled but she’s essentially the female version of Boyle

Yeah I forgot the word "ain't" in my post. It's obviously gonna be hard for anyone on the show to cover Demi. She's got as much range as any singer out there imo.