Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

Popplio

IPB Image

The Sea Lion Pokémon, Popplio is a Water-type Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation VII. One of the three Alolan starters, Popplio evolves into Brionne starting at Level 17, which evolves into Primarina starting at Level 37. Popplio is able to snort bubbles of water from its nose, which it uses as part of its battle strategy. On land, it uses the elasticity of its bubbles to perform acrobatic stunts and jumps. It practices daily with increasingly larger water bubbles. Popplio works very hard to create bigger water bubbles. Bless its heart. Popplio is such a cutie, but definitely my least favorite of the three Generation VII starters.

Popplio uses Torrent as its starting ability and uses Liquid Voice as its hidden ability. Popplio is a male-dominant species with a Medium Slow leveling rate, and an EV yield of 1 Special Attack. Popplio has a base stat total of 320 - 40 Speed, 50 HP, 54 Attack/Defense, 56 Special Defense, and 66 Special Attack. Typical for a starter line. Popplio is weak to Grass and Electric Pokémon, and resistant to Steel, Fire, Water, and Ice Pokémon. A total of only four Water moves in its entire learnset. MEH. Popplio is very cute, but entirely uninteresting. This is more than a fair placement for Popplio.

Happy late Birthday, James!

@Victoria, I'd like to do Type:Null's write-up!

Thank you! :hug:

I'll do Metagross along with Quilladin, no problemo. :thumbs: Go for it, Victoria? :teehee:

That would just leave Dartrix & Pinsir, either both for Sola or split with another volunteer.

Edited by ePastorJames

Dartrix

IPB Image

First off, I love Rowletts line. He is the best starter in Gen 7. Dartrix evolves from Rowlett at 17. When Dartrix hits level 34 he will evolve into decidueye. Datrix is the emo evolution of the grass owl line. He gets a green hair flip when he becomes a big boi. He is a grass and flying type pokemon. He likes STAB moves like Leaf Blade and Brave Bird and of course his Z Move. He has decent stats for a middle evolution at 420. He has equal attack and defense and slightly higher hit points. His dual typing makes him weak to flying, poison, rock and fire moves. He is 4 times weak to ice :(. He does have 4x resistance to grass, and 2x resistance on fighting and water. I am happy he made it this far, but I wish it was the starter form that took this spot instead.

076. PINSIR (#127)

IPB Image

Pinsir is a fierce beast, for sure. Pretty cool it made Top 100, and helped keep its typing alive for a while. That type, of course, is the Bug-type. It is known as the "Stag Beetle" Pokémon. It does not evolve into any other Pokémon as of yet, but give it time. GameFreak will probably give it and everything else an evolution or baby form at some point! :teeheewave:

It hails from the original Generation I games: Red, Blue, and Yellow. It cannot be found in Red, however. But it can be found in the Kanto region's Safari Zone in Blue & Yellow, as well as the Celadon City Rocket Game Corner in the former. Later, it has the ability to Mega Evolve into Mega Pinsir using the Pinsirite. In doing so, it will become a dual-type Bug/Flying combo! :w00t:

IPB Image

Well, congrats on making it this far. But we must now move on and bid it adieu here. :wave:

COLLECTIVELY SAVING:

BLASTOISE, because it's ready to party; :bobo:

IPB Image
IPB Image

& CHARMELEON, because it enjoys Char-Broiled Ash. :devil:

IPB Image
IPB Image
Edited by ePastorJames

075. METAGROSS (#376)

IPB Image

Metagross is yet another badass beeyotch, who has earned its way into our Top 75. Look, it could probably strike you down just by sighing. :fear: Love it. This Generation III pseudo-legendary is part of an epic pantheon of highly adored Pokémon with supreme powers. Gotta give it props for that!

IPB Image

Gotta love Shiny Metagross displaying its sensitive side, too!

It is a dual-type Steel/Psychic combo, known as the "Iron Leg Pokémon". Its line begins with Beldum, which evolves into Metang at Level 20. That will subsequently evolve into Metagross at Level 45. On top of that, this beast can also Mega Evolve into Mega Metagross using the Metagrossite. :clap: Look at this mofo:

IPB Image

Yowza! Watch out. Now, within the Hoenn region of the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games, one cannot simply find a Metagross casually lurking about. They must evolve it from Metang, which cannot be located in the wild either! It must be evolved from Beldum, which the player will receive from Steven at his house in Mossdeep City. But your patience will be rewarded, as it's greatly worthwhile! :yes:

IPB Image

Holy moly....

Well, congrats on making it this far. But we must now move on and bid it adieu here. :wave:

COLLECTIVELY SAVING:

FLYGON, because we said so;

IPB Image
IPB Image

& SCEPTILE, because I already told you why.

IPB Image
IPB Image

074. QUILLADIN (#651)

IPB Image

Quilladin has had quite a journey to get here. But I'm so grateful to have helped carry it this far. :wub: From being nominated in the very first set via Nico, I became known for saving this adorable little porcupine/hedgehog-sorta creature. It's been fun to watch it survive and overcome the odds. Without a doubt, I'm pretty content with this excellent placement for such an underdog. <3

IPB Image

This spunky middle evolution of a starter has such personality. It was introduced in Generation VI's X + Y games. It is a Grass-type, known as the "Spiny Armor" Pokémon. It evolves from Kalos starter Chespin at Level 16. Then subsequently, it will evolve into Chesnaught at Level 36. Its lineage is predominantly male, at 87.5% to 12.5% female. :o

IPB Image

Naturally, being a starter line, you can obtain it by choosing Chespin to play with at the start. But given that it will eventually evolve into the epic Chesnaught, it can be considered worth it. :thumbs: However, there is the later alternative option of the Friend Safari, which allows you to catch the other starters, amongst other options. Cool!

IPB Image

Well, once again, I'm thrilled with it cracking the Top 75. It seemed so unlikely, and its a neat little victory. We must bid it adieu here, in fine company! :w00twave:

COLLECTIVELY SAVING:

TYPHLOSION, because c'mon;

IPB Image
IPB Image

& UMBREON, because duh.

IPB Image
IPB Image