Video Game Rankdown Pt. 2

Deeee

SUPER STREET FIGHTER II: TURBO

IPB Image

Super Street Fighter II: Turbo is a fighting arcade game released in 1994. The game allows players to fight one-on-one in competitive matches. Players will pick a character and then fight as they attempt to deplete their opponent's life bar. This was also the installment that introduced super combos and air combos. The secret character Akuma was also released in this installment. Super Street Fighter II: Turbo was praised by critics, and it is even remembered well today as Game Informer ranked this game in their Top 3 of best fighting game of all time in a 2019 list. Sorry to any fans for this game's elimination.

TALES OF THE ABYSS

IPB Image

I usually link gifs with my write-ups, but most Tales of the Abyss gifs I found seemed to have been from the anime. Anyway, Tales of the Abyss is an RPG released in 2005 in Japan before being released in North America in 2006. This is the eighth installment of the Tales series. Set in a fantasy world, the story follows the character Luke fon Fabre. He is a young swordsman with an easy life, but it all becomes suddenly chaotic as he becomes the target of a military-religious organization called the Order of Lorelei. They are after him since they believe him to be the key to an ancient prophecy. With the help of some friends, Luke tries to learn the truth about himself and unravel the mysteries he comes across. As for the gameplay, the player will defeat enemies with a battle system that allows them to attack, defend, or perform a skill. Tales of the Abyss received favorable reviews, most notably for its story.

TALES OF VESPERIA

IPB Image

Tales of Vesperia is an RPG initially released in 2008 for the Xbox 360. This is related to the previous game I wrote about, with Tales of Vesperia being the tenth installment of the Tales series. This story centers around the character Yuri Lowell, a former Imperial soldier. She forms a guild called Brave Vesperia to aid a noble woman named Estelle. An energy source called blastia is also integral to the story. As for the game play, it is very similar to the Linear Motion Battle System seen in other Tales games. Tales of Vesperia received positive reviews; some critics even said it was the best Tales game upon its release. Once again, sorry to any fans of this game for its elimination.

TWISTED METAL

IPB Image

Twisted Metal is a vehicular combat video game initially released in 1995 for the Playstation. Twisted Metal is a demolition derby, and players will fight each other in deadly vehicles capable of unleashing a variety of dangerous weapons. Weapons and power-ups are also scattered across the arena to be picked up by drivers. The last driver alive wins the match. There have been many installments and spin-offs of this game since its first release on multiple Playstation platforms, as well as Microsoft Windows. I've never heard of this game before, but there were talks in 2012 of making a movie based on this game. However, in 2017 it was confirmed that Sony passed on the idea. Nonetheless, you can see a game inspired by Twisted Metal called Slaughter Race in the film Ralph Breaks the Internet.

VAGRANT STORY

IPB Image

Vagrant Story is an action RPG initially released in 2000 for the PlayStation. Vagrant Story takes place in the fictional kingdom of Valendia as elite agent Ashley Riot (also known as Riskbreaker) tries to uncover the connection between a cult leader and a senior Valendian Parliament member by the name of Duke Bardorba. In the prologue, Ashley is accused of killing the duke, and the game shows what happens a week before the murder. As for the game play, Vagrant Story is unique among other video games of this genre as there are no shops or interaction with other characters. There is still battling, but the focus is on creating weapons, puzzle-solving, and strategy. Despite this departure from the norm, the game still received critical acclaim. I haven't heard of this game before this rankdown, but apologies to any fans. Also, apologies for these generic write-ups. Eight write-ups at one time is a lot, and I wanted to get these done now.

Okay. :sorcerer:

What starter are you picking? I'm going with Scorbunny.

I’m undecided :haha:

On first sight Grookey is my favorite starter

Scorbunny’s middle evolution is my favorite middle one

And Sobble final evolution is my favorite final one

:haha:

I don’t know if I could have chose between Mortal Kombat III and Banjo Kazooie as I love both equally :broken:

Revive MK3 and SMW2! LOL.

Rei - you are also free to nominate six games for Megan, who will cut five and save one.

Everybody - free to use your powers again. That is all up to date on the front page!

Edited by Deeee