The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I have no idea what the size of the cast is this season, based on seeing someone's post that went to the final Blinds taping it sound like it took them the same amount of tapings to fill up the teams as it usually does. I remember Blake saying something about working with "10 or 12 people, whatever it is" when he was on Kelly's show with the other coaches which made me wonder if they did go down to 10 instead of 12 this season. I think all the interview clips from that show are up on the show's YouTube page and the episode is re-airing next week if anyone wants to chase down the clip where he said that.

So I watched the video and John said something about the 10 or 12 people. He said, "...this coaching aspect I have never done before and doing that for, you know, 12 artists, 10 artists, whatever we have that season..."

So this could mean s18 has 10 artists on each team, I would like that but it would be weird to go change how many artists you have on a team after so many seasons.

From the comments I read, she has her fansite and street teams rock the vote and the streams for her team 24/7. This is organized as a serious business, so any top contestant of hers in any genre will always be a major threat.

Which reminds me... where's tidetoit? Did they change their username maybe? o:)

Does she? I'm a pretty invested fan and I haven't seen anything like that. She'll make a post on twitter and maybe a quick ig live during the show to vote and that's all I've seen come from her camp. There might be a fan account or two that says something, but you're giving them way too much credit here.

ps... no one likes tidetoit. :)

Tideoit not coming around to celebrate the Hoot win makes me wonder if he still has an active IDF account. The last time he was here, it was all, “Hoot! Hoot!......” If he makes another account, we’ll know it’s him instantly.

Edited by TeamAudra

Does she? I'm a pretty invested fan and I haven't seen anything like that. She'll make a post on twitter and maybe a quick ig live during the show to vote and that's all I've seen come from her camp. There might be a fan account or two that says something, but you're giving them way too much credit here.

ps... no one likes tidetoit. :)

I think it’s a conspiracy theory of naira’s at best

Also I’m not too familiar with the user tide but that’s just mean

Ugg....So we are looking at a s16 ReDuex in S18? S16 was one woman short of a total disaster.

I predict this will be a popular gif.

IPB Image

Pretty much what the show is tbh :ph34rwave:

Yeah without the Queen to save us, S16 would have been a complete disaster with just waiting for one of the yeehaws to win. :x

S8 even. That's when the shenanigans and producers manipulations accelerated exponentially, on top of everything else they concocted to mess up the format.

I know this post is a month old but it's this ll close to being accurate. Should read:

S8 even. That's when my awareness of the shenanigans and producers manipulations accelerated exponentially, on top of everything else they concocted to mess up the format.

For me, wokness happened in S3. Weather it's bubbling just beneath the surface or a full on eruption it's always there.

I know this post is a month old but it's this ll close to being accurate. Should read:

S8 even. That's when my awareness of the shenanigans and producers manipulations accelerated exponentially, on top of everything else they concocted to mess up the format.

For me, wokness happened in S3. Weather it's bubbling just beneath the surface or a full on eruption it's always there.

S3 was a huge clue, sure, but there was still some semblance of actual "competition" remaining. Let's say that went out the door as well more and more offensively with the seasons. When the former AI producer--who was fired by AI lol-- joined the ranks, it reached the point of no return, and was forever doomed. ^_^

I used to think they only pimped the runaway frontrunner, or the one they want to win, until my wokeness happened. It’s just as likely those being pimped are struggling to get votes, and are a coach’s only realistic shot at making the finale. This causes a lot of confusion for the audience, as those who are actually “winning” are often buried early in the episode, given mediocre song choices, and made to look like they are the ones struggling. When those who are more featured on a weekly basis end up flopping, it results in a lot more pissing and moaning than it otherwise would had the audience not been given the false impression in the first place. Obviously, keeping the coaches happy is the primary goal here (or getting the brand new coach a win). None of the contestants gain anything from this bullsh*t.

Edited by TeamAudra

(or getting the brand new coach a win)

I don't think they always care about the brand-new coach getting a win. Just getting him or her to the finale on his or her first try is what I suspect that they really want. And even that has always been hit-or-miss. (Usher, Alicia, Kelly, and John were the big hits here, while Shakira, Gwen, Pharrell, Miley, and Jennifer were all slight to extreme misses, though at least in the case of the former three, many of their own bad choices led to that, too.)

I don't think they always care about the brand-new coach getting a win. Just getting him or her to the finale on his or her first try is what I suspect that they really want. And even that has always been hit-or-miss. (Usher, Alicia, Kelly, and John were the big hits here, while Shakira, Gwen, Pharrell, Miley, and Jennifer were all slight to extreme misses, though at least in the case of the former three, many of their own bad choices led to that, too.)

Miley giving away Chloe has to be up there on coaching mistakes

Miley giving away Chloe has to be up there on coaching mistakes

Ah, but that was her second time. She still made the finale with Brooke. I was talking about her first time, when she couldn't get any of Aaron, Darby, or Ali to the finale.

That’s why I said, “or.”

Ideally, they would like to get a win for the new coach (or returning coach without a win), but they have the stats and vote totals. If it becomes clear that it’s not in the cards, they focus on making sure they’re represented in the finale, which generally involves a fair amount of pimping. Sometimes, it’s as simple as making sure they get to the middle 3 of the bloodbath.

Ah, but that was her second time. She still made the finale with Brooke. I was talking about her first time, when she couldn't get any of Aaron, Darby, or Ali to the finale.

Although if we’re being fair, Ali should’ve gone to finale with or without Miley.

I used to think they only pimped the runaway frontrunner, or the one they want to win, until my wokeness happened. It's just as likely those being pimped are struggling to get votes, and are a coach's only realistic shot at making the finale. This causes a lot of confusion for the audience, as those who are actually "winning" are often buried early in the episode, given mediocre song choices, and made to look like they are the ones struggling. When those who are more featured on a weekly basis end up flopping, it results in a lot more pissing and moaning than it otherwise would had the audience not been given the false impression in the first place. Obviously, keeping the coaches happy is the primary goal here (or getting the brand new coach a win). None of the contestants gain anything from this bullsh*t.

Assuming pimping was your focus but the bussing is the worst part of TPTBs Shenanigans. Making someone appear better than they are, while unfair to others, just isn't as mean as making someone appear less than they are. Bussing is easier and there are way more nasty things they can do. Bad song. Bad staging. Bad outfit. Bad equipment (mics and monitors). Bad mix. Bandzilla. I'm sure I am forgetting a few.

Ali should have been a finalist* Billy and Sundance had better runs going for them objectively.

Lol no, she could outsing them 24/7.

Assuming pimping was your focus but the bussing is the worst part of TPTBs Shenanigans. Making someone appear better than they are, while unfair to others, just isn't as mean as making someone appear less than they are. Bussing is easier and there are way more nasty things they can do. Bad song. Bad staging. Bad outfit. Bad equipment (mics and monitors). Bad mix. Bandzilla. I'm sure I am forgetting a few.

I still wonder how the TCO always doesn't win if they have so many bus equipment tbh.

Lol no, she could outsing them 24/7.

I still wonder how the TCO always doesn't win if they have so many bus equipment tbh.

Because, even though they may have a preferred winner, not all contestants are expendable. They still care about ratings, and need to keep certain contestants around. Otherwise, they would have bussed Chevel and Sundance. There’s probably nothing they could have done to keep those two from winning.

You forgot negative coach comments!

Edited by TeamAudra