The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Is it the bloodbath every week format? T13 -> T8 -> T4?

It's only monday no tuesday so they have to do something differently. Then only 3 weeks of live which is twice a week but only 3 weeks not 5-6 or whatever we have now.

>.<

Are they trying hard to make me go back to AI? If AI has decent contestants who don't require too much of a growth arc, I just might. The Voice gets you used to seasoned contestants, so it's hard for me to go back to "potential," waiting for the caterpillar to turn into a butterfly.

and hope he has good taste

He won't get country contestants, so there's a good chance. I'm expecting alt/folk/indie rockers for him. What's not to like? TPTB better start brainstorming their ignominous traps for a Nick win. :shifty:

iirc, he said that he and Kelly have similar taste

You just ruined my S18 daydream. :|

Hopefully Kelly’s need to win with a country girl and guy is fulfilled, and she can go back to more pop/soul contestants :haha:

From the comments I read, she has her fansite and street teams rock the vote and the streams for her team 24/7. This is organized as a serious business, so any top contestant of hers in any genre will always be a major threat.

Which reminds me... where's tidetoit? Did they change their username maybe? o:)

From the comments I read, she has her fansite and street teams rock the vote and the streams for her team 24/7. This is organized as a serious business, so any top contestant of hers in any genre will always be a major threat.

Which reminds me... where's tidetoit? Did they change their username maybe? o:)

Haha its hard to believe that dude hasn't been in here screaming Kelly this Kelly that. Yet.

and hope he has good taste

I think I remember him saying in an interview that he and Kelly went after many of the same artists, and that surprised him because he thought he would be going up against John for many of the same artists...I'm not optimistic for the upcoming season :D

I think I remember him saying in an interview that he and Kelly went after many of the same artists, and that surprised him because he thought he would be going up against John for many of the same artists...I'm not optimistic for the upcoming season :D

I mean Kelly didn’t do too bad this season. Sure I would’ve preferred her to save a different artist than Shane(due to his nerves, but I think she helped them gain confidence), and I wasn’t the biggest Hello Sunday fan (but they did improve a lot under her guidance), you can’t fault her for the audience not getting attached to Max (he was good, but I guess America was growing tired of indie guys), and she won with Jake (not my choice for the winner, but he has a nice voice, but she nailed his song choice for when she was allowed to give him songs). Personally I’m saying Kelly’s taste isn’t really

My taste, but she did good for what she had, and for such a short few seasons, she knows what the demographics like. Arguably why she picked Shane as the save and advanced Jake to the lives.

Edit: Also sometimes coaches have different tastes each season. Take Pharrell S8 and S9 for example. I wasn’t really a fan of the genre/stylings of his S8 top 3 (other than Mia), but I loved his S9 Top 3 (yes, I liked Mark Hood too. Iirc I made his fan thread.)

Edited by xfactor22

That's where I am rn.

Besides the whole tragic format, I'm not in the mood to watch more episodes where most people will be given flop songs just so TCO can sail through. This season, the overall bad/inappropriate song choices were a little too much even for me. It ruins the whole experience.

Battle Rounds are taping on 1/15 and 1/16. Knockouts are on 1/27. Only Battle Round tickets are available for request right now. Even though I got short changed at my Knockout taping during S17, they were supposed to do 6 parings, but only did 4 because the prior taping ran so long; I think it was better to have that round spread over two days, the tapings are really long and it's a super long day for everyone involved when they tape it all in one day.

Battle Rounds are taping on 1/15 and 1/16. Knockouts are on 1/27. Only Battle Round tickets are available for request right now. Even though I got short changed at my Knockout taping during S17, they were supposed to do 6 parings, but only did 4 because the prior taping ran so long; I think it was better to have that round spread over two days, the tapings are really long and it's a super long day for everyone involved when they tape it all in one day.

They have knockouts too? Did they shorten the contestants?

They have knockouts too? Did they shorten the contestants?

I have no idea what the size of the cast is this season, based on seeing someone's post that went to the final Blinds taping it sound like it took them the same amount of tapings to fill up the teams as it usually does. I remember Blake saying something about working with "10 or 12 people, whatever it is" when he was on Kelly's show with the other coaches which made me wonder if they did go down to 10 instead of 12 this season. I think all the interview clips from that show are up on the show's YouTube page and the episode is re-airing next week if anyone wants to chase down the clip where he said that.