The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Don't know if this is necessary but just in case: If you're on your phone and you don't like the mobile version, you can always activate the "Desktop view"/"Desktop site" mode on your browser. That way you can get a similar version to the good old classic view. 

Here are the battle spoilers! This is taping 3. I'll add Tayler and Levi's information in a bit and modify Alexis Jules to just "Jules".

Note: By the third taping, Blake was the only coach with a steal left. This taping actually had 7 battles - apparently there was going to be a coach performance of "Jealous" at the last taping, so they probably shifted one battle up to this taping to accommodate. 

BATTLES SPOILERS

Winners bolded on left, steals/saves italicized.

Taping 3:

1. Team Legend: Thunderstorm Artis vs. Cedrice Webber - Stay (Rihanna) - CEDRICE STOLEN BY BLAKE

-Thunderstorm was a 4-chair turn and may have auditioned with Blackbird; Cedrice was the last blind audition of the season (therefore 1-chair). John called Cedrice a "goddess"

-Source said the battle had a strong emotional connection and it was very well done.

2. Team Kelly: Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - My Baby Loves Me (Martina McBride)

-Mandi was better; Blake said both were sharp - focusing more on Sara. Kelly said Sara had no vibrato because she runs out of air, while Mandi could do a variety of genres

3. Team Kelly: Tayler Green vs. Jules - Water Under the Bridge (Adele)

-Tayler was good, but Nick commented that she needed to hold back a bit on some parts

-Blake said Jules' enunciation and the way she affected her voice made it hard to understand her

4. Team Blake: Levi Watkins vs. Jamal Corrie - Counting Stars (OneRepublic)

-Levi is 14 and has a surprisingly big voice.

-Coaches kept praising Levi as "perfect" and said Jamal was "inconsistent." Source thought that vocally, they sounded great together and it was a fun/energetic battle.

5. Team Nick: Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco - TBA

-Voices went well together and coaches seemed to agree that it was even, Nick made his choice on personal preference.

-Kelly was blocked in blinds from getting Arei.

6. Team Blake: Cam Spinks vs. Kailey Abel - TBA

-The coaches thought Cam was vocally better, but Kailey had more energy

-Source enjoyed the battle and they actually preferred Kailey a little bit, but agreed that Cam hit some impressive notes throughout

7. Team Nick: Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris - Lights Up (Harry Styles)

-Kevin was inconsistent vocally while Jacob was technically perfect, but had no real "inspiration" according to John

Other:

-Apparently coaches can save a contestant even after they leave the stage? At least it was somehow mentioned

-Nick was the most enthusiastic coach according to the source; he took notes of every contestant in a notebook

-Jamal Corrie thanked "Bebe" in his goodbye speech. Bebe Rexha might be Blake's battle advisor.

• Like 1

I'll figure out the new formatting style because it doesn't let me do it how I used to for the OP lol

Tayler Green https://www.instagram.com/taylergreen/ |  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM4d8S2RD6OXfQD_7Wd4gwA

Levi Watkins https://www.instagram.com/jameskatkins05/ (private) | Youtube not found

Tayler is the green-haired girl in that Nick promo.

And Levi... 14 years old.

Edited by Someone648

Based on Joanna’s story (and following the trail), she was at NAMM 2020 today in Anaheim. That doesn’t guarantee she’s still in, but it’s a good sign that she hasn’t flown back home. I had to google NAMM. It’s some sort of industry trade show not open to the public. Maybe some of the other contestants were there too. Might be worth looking into. 

Edited by TeamAudra

So with one taping's spoilers out of the way, known post-blind teams:

Kelly: (4/12)

• Jules
  • Mandi Thomas
  • Sara Collins
  • Tayler Green

Nick: (4/12)

• Arei Moon
  • Jacob Miller
  • Kevin Farris
  • Samuel Wilco

John: (2/12)

• Cedrice Webber
  • Thunderstorm Artis

Blake: (4/12)

• Cam Spinks
  • Jamal Corrie
  • Kailey Abel
  • Levi Watkins

Unplaced, but confirmed via promo (1)

• Samantha Howell (turned at least Nick, but not John)

Assumed chair turner - unplaced (Based on location, social media, etc.) (11)

• Brandin Jay
  • Gigi Hess
  • Joanna Serenko
  • Joei Fulco
  • Jon Mullins
  • Micah Iverson
  • Michael Williams
  • Tate Brusa
  • Todd Michael Hall
  • Todd Tilghman
  • Toneisha Harris

It's still a top 48 this season, so we have 26/48, assuming that those assumed 11 are correct.

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Here are the battle spoilers! This is taping 3. I'll add Tayler and Levi's information in a bit and modify Alexis Jules to just "Jules".

Note: By the third taping, Blake was the only coach with a steal left. This taping actually had 7 battles - apparently there was going to be a coach performance of "Jealous" at the last taping, so they probably shifted one battle up to this taping to accommodate. 

BATTLES SPOILERS

Winners bolded on left, steals/saves italicized.

Taping 3:

1. Team Legend: Thunderstorm Artis vs. Cedrice Webber - Stay (Rihanna) - CEDRICE STOLEN BY BLAKE

-Thunderstorm was a 4-chair turn and may have auditioned with Blackbird; Cedrice was the last blind audition of the season (therefore 1-chair). John called Cedrice a "goddess"

-Source said the battle had a strong emotional connection and it was very well done.

2. Team Kelly: Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - My Baby Loves Me (Martina McBride)

-Mandi was better; Blake said both were sharp - focusing more on Sara. Kelly said Sara had no vibrato because she runs out of air, while Mandi could do a variety of genres

3. Team Kelly: Tayler Green vs. Jules - Water Under the Bridge (Adele)

-Tayler was good, but Nick commented that she needed to hold back a bit on some parts

-Blake said Jules' enunciation and the way she affected her voice made it hard to understand her

4. Team Blake: Levi Watkins vs. Jamal Corrie - Counting Stars (OneRepublic)

-Levi is 14 and has a surprisingly big voice.

-Coaches kept praising Levi as "perfect" and said Jamal was "inconsistent." Source thought that vocally, they sounded great together and it was a fun/energetic battle.

5. Team Nick: Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco - TBA

-Voices went well together and coaches seemed to agree that it was even, Nick made his choice on personal preference.

-Kelly was blocked in blinds from getting Arei.

6. Team Blake: Cam Spinks vs. Kailey Abel - TBA

-The coaches thought Cam was vocally better, but Kailey had more energy

-Source enjoyed the battle and they actually preferred Kailey a little bit, but agreed that Cam hit some impressive notes throughout

7. Team Nick: Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris - Lights Up (Harry Styles)

-Kevin was inconsistent vocally while Jacob was technically perfect, but had no real "inspiration" according to John

Other:

-Apparently coaches can save a contestant even after they leave the stage? At least it was somehow mentioned

-Nick was the most enthusiastic coach according to the source; he took notes of every contestant in a notebook

-Jamal Corrie thanked "Bebe" in his goodbye speech. Bebe Rexha might be Blake's battle advisor.

Thank you so much once again! 

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There are more hotel headboard photos on Joanna’s story tonight. It doesn’t show the top of the board like the other one, but it’s a perfect color match. 

I guess that means she made it through battles for sure.

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Agreed. One photo indicating she’s still in LA, and another placing her in the hotel is pretty solid. 

Yes, although I'm a bit surprised she was at NAMM today. Burbank to Anaheim isn't a "short" drive and I imagine that in the few days after battles, they give the contestants some freedom before the Knockouts begin, but she was definitely the only contestant that posted from NAMM today.

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yes, although I'm a bit surprised she was at NAMM today. Burbank to Anaheim isn't a "short" drive and I imagine that in the few days after battles, they give the contestants some freedom before the Knockouts begin, but she was definitely the only contestant that posted from NAMM today.

I quickly looked at the stories of all of the contestants. 

Amber Sweeney posted from NAMM. Do we think she’s still in? Also, Aryk Crowder (lives in LA) and JoJo Scott, but it doesn’t seem like they’re  still in. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I quickly looked at the stories of all of the contestants. 

Amber Sweeney posted from NAMM. Do we think she’s still in? Also, Aryk Crowder (lives in LA) and JoJo Scott, but it doesn’t seem like they’re  still in. 

No, Amber and Jojo were at NAMM performing on Tuesday/Wednesday and neither were in LA for the week prior. Aryk posted on his story that he was volunteering/attending at NAMM, so he was working and couldn't be in.

33 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

No, Amber and Jojo were at NAMM performing on Tuesday/Wednesday and neither were in LA for the week prior. Aryk posted on his story that he was volunteering/attending at NAMM, so he was working and couldn't be in.

I see Joanna deleted everything off her story. It seems like these contestants are on to us, and they’re not going to give us much to work with. We know they read this forum. Maybe this cast has been coached to be more careful than those of some other seasons. In other words, I think we’re screwed unless someone comes through with more spoilers! 

Edited by TeamAudra